wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

I was going to post about this myself. Its even rare for Friendly or enemy opcom to advance on any custom objective. I think that is broken as of now

I have a problem with a mission "ISIS ALIVE"

When i want to launch it this pop up.

No entry bin/config.bin/cfgvehicles/ALIVE_sys_profile/Arguments/debug/values/Yes.-defualt

Getting a BIS_fnc_selectRandom popup error when the southernmost roadblock point of Stratis spawns (the Spartan, 026006), roadblocks set to All. The error isn't logged in rpt. Can anyone else confirm before I make a ticket?

Well I am having a difficult time getting the DataBase to work on my rented server from GameServers.com

I have done everything in the instructions and it will not connect to the database. I had it working just fine from my PC when I had the server on it.

Any clue as to what is going wrong? RPT file just says "Not able to connect to database".

hi again

got another question about controlling profiled units. is it somehow possible to let them use roads and not magically move over inpassible terrain for their unittype?

thx

I'm pretty sure C2ISTAR Intel is broken in the current version.

Correct should be fixed in next update.

Can anyone help me find out why my mission wont work? it just gets stuck at the loading screen. i can hear sounds from the game however. been letting it load for about 2 hours now...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/96hc62kilrms365/co%40x_the-rebellion.altis.rar?dl=0

All you need is CSE,TFAR,Alive

I'll take a look when I get some time (most likely Saturday) - a few things to check:

- make sure your TAOR markers cover the entire objective (ie: if your marker is too small it might not pick it up)

- verify your OPCOM - Placement - CQB modules are synced not grouped in the editor.

- simplify the mission - if you have a lot of placement modules/CQB modules it can take a LONG time to load (2 hours is far too long though)

p.s.: is it somehow possible to get the number of active units of one cached entity?

Not that I am aware of.

I have a problem with a mission "ISIS ALIVE"

When i want to launch it this pop up.

No entry bin/config.bin/cfgvehicles/ALIVE_sys_profile/Arguments/debug/values/Yes.-defualt

Do you get this error in any other ALiVE mission or just the ISIS one?

Well I am having a difficult time getting the DataBase to work on my rented server from GameServers.com

I have done everything in the instructions and it will not connect to the database. I had it working just fine from my PC when I had the server on it.

Any clue as to what is going wrong? RPT file just says "Not able to connect to database".

There is a 2nd log that is generated which might be helpful called aliveserver.log - stored in the same location as your RPT file (you can define the location in the nlog.config file in @AliveServer folder). If you can post it to pastebin and link here.

got another question about controlling profiled units. is it somehow possible to let them use roads and not magically move over inpassible terrain for their unittype?

Unfortunately not.. there was some discussion of this in the past but not sure if it's still on the roadmap.

RE: custom objectives and priority - if you can PM me a simple repro mission that shows the problem I'll take a look and add a ticket

Edited by SavageCDN

Hey ALiVE folks. After an ArmA hiatus I come back to find ALiVE rocking harder than ever. I noticed that Citadel's AAF Coin ("co@18_aaf-coin.altis") is woefully out of date at this point. My group cut its ALiVE teeth on that mission so I recently rebuilt it from the ground up with objectives, virtual arsenal script, etc, so we could have a more contemporary ALiVE experience with the same idea. I used a bunch of Citadel's ideas and map assets though, including their sick firebase in the Altian hills. Does anyone know how to get in touch with him/her? The mission is intended for small groups using AGM and doing extended or persistent plays, which Citadel's mission was great for. I thought I would "give back" to the ALiVE team by sanitising our groups mission and releasing for general consumption, but I wanted to make sure Citadel would be ok with it.

I don't know why that didn't occur to me. I just thought "he's an ALiVE guy, ask the ALiVE guys!!" :rolleyes: thanks SavageCDN!!

That's OK we know everything :p (don't tell my wife)

SavageCDN

When you are going to release new version of ALIVE. I want to play Bornholm & other new ARMA 3 maps with Alive...

Can you add fast rope stuff to RHS choppers??

I notices that when I use MCC along with alive, mcc messed up with the Alive AI Skills...

Can you make AI flank and use smoke like mcc...

I have a few questions and a possible suggestion.

How exactly do profiles combat each other? I had situations were for example, a MLRS section profile literally held up 6 infantry profiles, and seemed to not die. They only finally killed them after I went within distance to have them convert to real game space. In which they swiftly finished them off with their AT. I have had the opposite as well, were small infantry profiles held out against tank groups(took them 30minutes to destroy them.)

Also is there any plans to provide some sort of chain of command similar to HALs AI script? I mean sure it doesn't have to go into super detailed. But it would be something like this.

-Core Elements

HQ units, Artillery - Units will be pulled back if the AI deems them in danger. Simulating a general staff get evacuated from a compromised location.

-3rd line reserve QRF/guard units

infantry, Motorized, Helicopters - Units stay within bases and just slightly out the the Core Element zone, used by the AI to provide a reaction force to a gap in the line, or to exploit a gap

-2nd line attack units

Tanks, Mechanized, Infantry - Main body of units, is assigned targets after the 1st line recon units give intel back to the AI.

1st line Recon

Special forces, sniper teams - Deployed first, used to collect intel from enemy units. Will regroup with 2nd line units when preparing section profiles to attack.

I am trying to use this with a few mods. Not sure if these conflict with ALIVE.

AGM, A3MP, CBA_A3, RHS, STHUD, TFAR, VCOMAI, dragonfyre

We have our own group pk but I thought posting these first may help. We have MCC but that is turned off. I get the stupid engineer popup every time on load.

Would really like to find out why this is freezing up. It seems to load, it goes in to mission, I see map for a few seconds, than it fades and goes back to load screen and locks up every time. I have synced and re synced. I have tried Nato/Opfor default and no change vs mod units.

Can anyone help me find out why my mission wont work? it just gets stuck at the loading screen. i can hear sounds from the game however. been letting it load for about 2 hours now...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/96hc62kilrms365/co%40x_the-rebellion.altis.rar?dl=0

All you need is CSE,TFAR,Alive

Same here !

Since last game update, all work i can save in editor is broken !

=> just do a little test : place some units on map (altis), some alive module like you usually do.... and nothing else ( = no scripts, no description.ext, nothing, nothing, just your map)... and try to preview :eek:

I have some missions i edited just before the game update and everything is fine !?!

EDIT : i just tried my test with a takistan mission, and it's OK !?!

But Altis = NO !!?! I copy/ past alive modules from takistan to Altis => and game gets stuck at the loading screen, in preview

EDIT2 : after waiting long time, i finally could preview ! But before i had 81 objectives (better if you have less than 80 i know), but now, it told me that i have 190 objectives :butbut: I understand my problem now !

Edited by chal00

SavageCDN

When you are going to release new version of ALIVE. I want to play Bornholm & other new ARMA 3 maps with Alive...

I notices that when I use MCC along with alive, mcc messed up with the Alive AI Skills...

I am merely a tester I have no say in release schedules, etc. As for fast ropes no we cannot add them to RHS choppers that needs to be done by the RHS team. If you are using MCC and ALiVE I recommend deleting/disabling the ALiVE AI Skill module. ALiVE does not modify AI behaviour in any way save for waypoints.

snip

You'll have to wait for a dev to answer that one... the 'under the hood' details are a mystery to me :p

We have our own group pk but I thought posting these first may help. We have MCC but that is turned off. I get the stupid engineer popup every time on load.

Would really like to find out why this is freezing up. It seems to load, it goes in to mission, I see map for a few seconds, than it fades and goes back to load screen and locks up every time. I have synced and re synced. I have tried Nato/Opfor default and no change vs mod units.

Do you get freezing with just CBA and ALiVE? If not then it's a mod issue the only way would be to try disabling one at a time to see which one causes the hangup. If you do please post back here so others can benefit.

Same here !

=> just do a little test : place some units on map (altis), some alive module like you usually do.... and nothing else ( = no scripts, no description.ext, nothing, nothing, just your map)... and try to preview :eek:

I have some missions i edited just before the game update and everything is fine !?!

EDIT : i just tried my test with a takistan mission, and it's OK !?!

But Altis = NO !!?! I copy/ past alive modules from takistan to Altis => and game gets stuck at the loading screen, in preview

Yeah I think 1.38 broke a lot of stuff. Do you get the same problems on Stratis or just Altis?

**IMPORTANT**

Seeing as there are numerous issues with the 1.38 update please test any potential issues with just CBA_A3 and ALiVE mods running. Sometimes it's not enough to just not use the mod... you need to launch Arma 3 without it running (RHS is a good example of this. With RHS loaded it will overwrite configs for vanilla units like BLU_G_F and OPF_G_F giving them AKs and other RHS weapons instead of vanilla). I know it's a pain in the ass but we cannot troubleshoot other mods and their compatibility with ALiVE (although we will do our best to make sure things work together). See Hazey's post below...

Edited by SavageCDN

hi again

thx

We're talking about this one. Getting the units to use roads would be a very difficult thing to do. We're looking into slowing the units overall by type.

SavageCDN

Savage is a community member and a closed tester, he won't have access to any of that information Singh. It's also a very bad practice in these forums to ask when new versions are going to be released. It will when it's done. Have we not learned that Early Access is bad in all shapes and forms.

Although you can run MCC with ALiVE, we do not recommend doing this. MCC has built in ability to take control of units and will not work correctly with our OPCOM. Any bug's or issues that become present while running MCC and ALiVE will not be addressed.

Please do not report issues with ALiVE without first seeing if you can reproduce with only CBA_A3 and ALiVE. This will help us not chase invisible dragons and we can keep our focus on new features and performance fixes.

Same here !

EDIT2 : after waiting long time, i finally could preview ! But before i had 81 objectives (better if you have less than 80 i know), but now, it told me that i have 190 objectives :butbut: I understand my problem now !

Glad you got it fixed.

I just downloaded @ALiVE_0.9.4.1412061.7z from your homepage http://alivemod.com/#Download - it seems to be v0.7.xxx.

Download from Armaholic seems to be correct version.

Download seems fine for me, can you check again?

Regarding AI Mods.

With all the AI Mod's releasing I figured this should be said again. If you're using a mod that has any direct effects on AI's waypoint (Moving units into garrison positions, changing unit behaviors on the fly. etc..) you could be causing waypoint issues for yourself. I am not here to tell you that your AI Mod won't work. Some mod's such as ASR_AI, work fantastic in ALiVE. However, if you see weird AI Behaviors such as profiles that quit moving or stalled helicopters. You might be doing it to yourself. Just a PSA.

Reporting Issues

Please. Please. Please! When you notice an issue on you mission when running many mods; I beg you please don't just instantly report it on the tracker or forums. Please take the extra few minutes and attempt to reproduce with only ALiVE and CBA_A3. This will save us HOURS of chasing invisible dragons. 9/10 times it's cause by a mod conflict not even related to ALiVE.

UPDATE 1.38

It broke a ton of stuff. In the next few days, please double check your reporting for accuracy.

The more clear and precise we are on bug reports, the quicker we can get things fixed and focus on new and more fun feature of ALiVE. I hope everyone is having a great start to your new year and there's so much more to come!

-Alive Dev Hazey.

Edited by Hazey

on altis, i just activated cba and alive ! And i put "OPF_G_F" in override faction ! i didn't test stratis !

EDIT :

Glad you got it fixed.

Not fixed !!

it seems to be a vanilla faction class problem, because i can preview with caf_ag factions, but not with OPF_G_F or OPF_F !!

And there's a vanilla map problem too, because with same settings before and after game update, i come from 81 objective to 190 !!?!

Edited by chal00

on altis, i just activated cba and alive ! And i put "OPF_G_F" in override faction ! i didn't test stratis !

EDIT :

Not fixed !!

it seems to be a vanilla faction class problem, because i can preview with caf_ag factions, but not with OPF_G_F or OPF_F !!

And there's a vanilla map problem too, because with same settings before and after game update, i come from 81 objective to 190 !!?!

Reporting Issues

Please attempt to reproduce with only ALiVE and CBA_A3 using vanilla factions.

Reporting Issues

Please attempt to reproduce with only ALiVE and CBA_A3 using vanilla factions.

Like i said = easy to reproduce.

Just put on map your alive module (without scripts /files or description.ext), and try to preview with only @cba and @alive mods ! => you won't be able to preview (<=> vanilla faction problem) !

To be able to preview something, try the same, but with a faction mod => you'll see too much objectives (<=> vanilla map problem).

repeat again, but with faction mod AND map mod => it's almost fine ;)

===> all problems come from game update !

Edited by chal00

I just tested the ALiVE Quick Start (Getting Started) mission with 1.38, CBA_A3 and ALiVE in SP and it works fine. I also tested ALiVE Hurt Locker mission, works fine.

Please do test these stock missions in the Showcases mission list from Main Menu.

Edited by Tupolov

Like i said = easy to reproduce.

Just put on map your alive module (without scripts /files or description.ext), and try to preview with only @cba and @alive mods ! => you won't be able to preview (<=> vanilla faction problem) !

To be able to preview something, try the same, but with a faction mod => you'll see too much objectives (<=> vanilla map problem).

repeat again, but with faction mod AND map mod => it's almost fine ;)

===> all problems come from game update !

So I tested it 4 times, and Tupolov tested it a few times as well. All seems good on our end. Next step is to create a non-modded version of your mission. Zip it up and upload it to either a dropbox or google drive so we can take a look.

Hi! Would love if you guys allowed the Caribou Frontier (Arma 2) map to work with Alive, it's really well done, and it would be great to make a dynamic mission with it. Thanks!

Hey, just reporting a bug I'm experiencing. I'm trying to make a mission using the Bornholm terrain, and whenever I preview the mission, ArmA hangs on the loading screen. I've tested this with only ALiVE, CBA, and the Bornholm mods enabled, but that didn't solve the problem. I've also tried adding the required ALiVE modules one at a time, previewing after adding each one. The progression was:

ALiVE (Required) -> Military Placement (Civilian Objectives) -> Player Options -> Virtual AI System

Whether this is because ALiVE isn't fully initializing because a required module is missing or the problem lies within the Virtual AI module, I don't know. I've tried the exact same setup on Stratis and ALiVE worked flawlessly.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, there was slightly different behavior between running the mission with mods and without. When I previewed the mission with mods, it would just get stuck in the loading screen. When I ran the mission with only ALiVE, CBA, and Bornholm, The mission loaded in and ran fine for less than a second, but then it went right back to the loading screen.

Edited by ropeytwo

Have the same problem with the chernarus map and rhs addon, the mission worked a couple a days ago and now Arma hangs on the loading screen, everytime I try it out in the editor.