wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Anybody else have trouble placing civilians on Nziwasogo?

Error position: <_sectorData,"clustersCiv",_clustersCiv] >

Error Undefined variable in expression: _sectordata

File x\alive\addons\fnc_analysis\data\data.pja305.sqf, line 9484

Hello Alive Team. Hope things are well.

A friend and I have been playing quiet little Alive missions recently and have had difficulty getting one (or both of us) to be able to enter Combat Support Transport vehicle.

For example, I have synced a editor UH-80 to the Combat Support Module.

It spawns, I tell my AI team to board (along with my friend in the team.) Usually, if he boards, then I can't...and vise versa. Seats are available I.e empty. My team only consists of 8 total.

Any thoughts on why the AI can board, but some human players cannot?

Thanks.

A few people have mentioned this specifically with that map... perhaps a dev can chime in here.

Hello Alive Team. Hope things are well.

A friend and I have been playing quiet little Alive missions recently and have had difficulty getting one (or both of us) to be able to enter Combat Support Transport vehicle.

For example, I have synced a editor UH-80 to the Combat Support Module.

It spawns, I tell my AI team to board (along with my friend in the team.) Usually, if he boards, then I can't...and vise versa. Seats are available I.e empty. My team only consists of 8 total.

Any thoughts on why the AI can board, but some human players cannot?

Thanks.

Usually this happens if a player teamkills someone.... I assume you are not doing that :p Have you tried with a stock A3 chopper? Perhaps it's something with the UH-80?

A few people have mentioned this specifically with that map... perhaps a dev can chime in here.

I haven't tried on that map, but I posted here a couple days ago about civilians not working for me on Sangin. I was hoping the problem was on my end, but before I go through the trouble I was hoping to atleast get some sort of confirmation if this was a known issue or not. I wasn't aware that ambient civilian was a per-map feature requiring extra configuration, but I guess it might be. I just assumed that if the map was indexed, and the Civilian Placement module identifies locations (as it does) that the Civilian Placement module would spawn them. Sadly things are always more complex :(

Have you tried respawn = 3 instead?

we tried this more extensively and it caused players to respawn instantly where they died, so definitely not what we're after. I might just try looking at some mission frameworks out there

I found a bug today when trying to use the multispawn module. Its works every time for BLU_F. When I use mas_usa_mars, after the first (respawn) insertion, the chopper go's back to its insertion marker, as it should. But the next chopper dose not spawn in and respawned players get stuck on the camera once the first chopper is deleted. This can be tested but just respawning a second time right after you get out of the chopper, the camera will follow the chopper back to its insertion marker.

Is this a problem with the units I'm using?

I haven't tried on that map, but I posted here a couple days ago about civilians not working for me on Sangin. I was hoping the problem was on my end, but before I go through the trouble I was hoping to atleast get some sort of confirmation if this was a known issue or not. I wasn't aware that ambient civilian was a per-map feature requiring extra configuration, but I guess it might be. I just assumed that if the map was indexed, and the Civilian Placement module identifies locations (as it does) that the Civilian Placement module would spawn them. Sadly things are always more complex :(

When a Map is index no extra config is required just for Civs, please supply your Vanilla mission for us to check out.

Edited by Gunny1979

When a Map is index no extra config is required just for Civs, please supply your Vanilla mission for us to check out.

OK here is a test with CBA, ALIVE, Sangin, and AiA TP. I'm not sure if my map version is exactly the same. The file size was big enough to suggest it may be standalone(?) but I tossed AiA in just incase. For me the placement module picks up the locations within the marker, but the green dots are not on buildings like usual, and no civilians are spawned.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/I6mM8sL.jpg

Test mission: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=07259294293754414291 (sorry for the shitty free file hosting link, let me know if it doesn't work)

we tried this more extensively and it caused players to respawn instantly where they died, so definitely not what we're after. I might just try looking at some mission frameworks out there

That is odd as respawn=3 is BASE respawn which should never respawn you where you died.. are you sure you're not using some kind of 3rd party revive script or other respawn system?

I found a bug today when trying to use the multispawn module. Its works every time for BLU_F. When I use mas_usa_mars, after the first (respawn) insertion, the chopper go's back to its insertion marker, as it should. But the next chopper dose not spawn in and respawned players get stuck on the camera once the first chopper is deleted. This can be tested but just respawning a second time right after you get out of the chopper, the camera will follow the chopper back to its insertion marker.

Is this a problem with the units I'm using?

Most likely... I've never run into this before and it does work for BLU_F... is it using a vanilla chopper for inserts?

Was hoping for Kunar Province to be indexed. =) http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15053

Ask and ye shall receive (in the next update)

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/75959

Edited by SavageCDN
drunk

Is it possible to deactivate the player tools like view distance and so on? we use the view distance mod to e.g. force grass on pvp missions.

yeah, we're definitely not using a revive script. just ALiVE's player options, maybe AGM would have something to do with it? but we don't use AGM respawn or anything.

if it's not too much to ask, maybe a simple step by step would help me figure out where i'm going wrong. but I'll try figuring it out through looking at other mission frameworks and examples I might find. it's hard because there doesn't seem to be any documentation on these sorts of things anywhere

yeah, we're definitely not using a revive script. just ALiVE's player options, maybe AGM would have something to do with it? but we don't use AGM respawn or anything.

if it's not too much to ask, maybe a simple step by step would help me figure out where i'm going wrong. but I'll try figuring it out through looking at other mission frameworks and examples I might find. it's hard because there doesn't seem to be any documentation on these sorts of things anywhere

Place a marker down on the map and label it respawn_west . I have had this happen many times when you will just respawn on your body. I found its because i did not have a respawn point set. If you place that marker down in the editor you will spawn on that marker whenever your killed.

I've been messing around with ALiVE in Clafghan and noticed that calling in Combat Logistics (Airdrop, heli insert, and convoy to call in a squad of RHS US infantry units) doesn't actually call them in; it just creates a marker called "CONVOY" or whatever you picked. Also, at least while hovering over the South East most airbase of the map, ordering a helicopter you're in to insert you anywhere on the map seems to just reset the insert marker to your position when you called it in. Oh, and one last thing: it would be nice if you could allow additional IED modules to place, that way they can be used to have different threat levels of IEDs/VBIEDs for different TAORs. Hope that makes sense. :P

Place a marker down on the map and label it respawn_west . I have had this happen many times when you will just respawn on your body. I found its because i did not have a respawn point set. If you place that marker down in the editor you will spawn on that marker whenever your killed.

the problem is that I don't want anyone to respawn, I want them to die and go to spectator mode. I swear I saw a video where someone's game crashed and then he returned right where he left off. i've been wanting to implement that into my missions, along with JIP, since I saw it, but had to deal with server issues.

the problem is that I don't want anyone to respawn, I want them to die and go to spectator mode. I swear I saw a video where someone's game crashed and then he returned right where he left off. i've been wanting to implement that into my missions, along with JIP, since I saw it, but had to deal with server issues.

im having an issue with persistance. i notice it connects. but even if i save and get DC i come back with no gear...SOMETIMES in the same spot sometimes NOT. this is on Takistan...ill post RPT log shortly.

So I am trying to go ahead and check off ALiVE compatibility while I am doing similar work. My groups configuration is based on the ORBAT and standard given on the ALiVE Wiki. However, in the mission, I get the TACOM message, "no groups available". ALiVE does seem to be placing my custom helicopters though which is what makes this more confusing. The groups work perfectly in game and with Zeus. I will show my code below, and would appreciate it if someone could show me what i'm doing wrong.

class CfgGroups
{
class West
{
	class MEF
	{
		name = "MEF";
		class Infantry
		{
			name = "Infantry";
			class MEF_InfSquad
			{
				name = "Rifle Squad";
				side = 1;
				faction = "MEF";
				rarityGroup = 0.3;
				class Unit0
				{
					side = 1;
					vehicle = "MEF_WMARPAT_LS_UL";
					rank = "LIEUTENANT";
					position[] = {0,5,0};
				};
				class Unit1
				{
					side = 1;
					rank = "SERGEANT";
					position[] = {3,0,0};
				};
				class Unit2
				{
					side = 1;
					vehicle = "MEF_WMARPAT_LS_AS";
					rank = "CORPORAL";
					position[] = {5,0,0};
				};
				class Unit3
				{
					side = 1;
					vehicle = "MEF_WMARPAT_LS";
					rank = "CORPORAL";
					position[] = {7,0,0};
				};
				class Unit4
				{
					side = 1;
					rank = "PRIVATE";
					position[] = {9,0,0};
				};
				class Unit5
				{
					side = 1;
					rank = "SERGEANT";
					position[] = {12,0,0};
				};
				class Unit6
				{
					side = 1;
					rank = "CORPORAL";
					position[] = {14,0,0};
				};
				class Unit7
				{
					side = 1;
					rank = "CORPORAL";
					position[] = {16,0,0};
				};
				class Unit8
				{
					side = 1;
					rank = "PRIVATE";
					position[] = {18,0,0};
				};
				class Unit9
				{
					side = 1;
					rank = "SERGEANT";
					position[] = {21,0,0};
				};
				class Unit10
				{
					side = 1;
					rank = "CORPORAL";
					position[] = {23,0,0};
				};
				class Unit11
				{
					side = 1;
					rank = "CORPORAL";
					position[] = {25,0,0};
				};
				class Unit12
				{
					side = 1;
					rank = "PRIVATE";
					position[] = {27,0,0};
				};
			};
			class MEF_InfTeam
			{
				name = "Fire Team";
				side = 1;
				faction = "MEF";
				rarityGroup = 0.3;
				class Unit0
				{
					side = 1;
					rank = "SERGEANT";
					position[] = {0,5,0};
				};
				class Unit1
				{
					side = 1;
					rank = "CORPORAL";
					position[] = {3,0,0};
				};
				class Unit2
				{
					side = 1;
					rank = "CORPORAL";
					position[] = {5,0,0};
				};
				class Unit3
				{
					side = 1;
					rank = "PRIVATE";
					position[] = {7,0,0};
				};
			};
			class MEF_InfTeam_AT
			{
				name = "Team Anti-Tank";
				side = 1;
				faction = "MEF";
				rarityGroup = 0.3;
				class Unit0
				{
					side = 1;
					rank = "SERGEANT";
					position[] = {0,5,0};
				};
				class Unit1
				{
					side = 1;
					vehicle = "MEF_WMARPAT_LS_AT";
					rank = "CORPORAL";
					position[] = {3,0,0};
				};
				class Unit2
				{
					side = 1;
					rank = "CORPORAL";
					position[] = {5,0,0};
				};
				class Unit3
				{
					side = 1;
					rank = "PRIVATE";
					position[] = {7,0,0};
				};
			};
			class MEF_InfSentry
			{
				name = "Security Patrol";
				side = 1;
				faction = "MEF";
				rarityGroup = 0.3;
				class Unit0
				{
					side = 1;
					rank = "SERGEANT";
					position[] = {0,5,0};
				};
				class Unit1
				{
					side = 1;
					rank = "CORPORAL";
					position[] = {3,0,0};
				};
			};
		};
	};
};
};

LiVE [m_0|30] Module ALiVE_sys_data INIT

13:33:04 ALIVE_SYS_DATA START PLUGIN: ALiVEPlugIn Info - cfg/log locations: C:\bluefang\servers\server169\alive.cfg, C:\bluefang\servers\server169\alive.log - User: zyjevorafusuza9oxedytemy9ito5yxa, =4THCAG= - IP Check URL: http://alivemod.com/api/authorise?ip=69.162.103.178&group==4THCAG= - Server: 69.162.103.178, Authorised: "true" - DB Connect: {"couchdb":"Welcome","uuid":"a1b347be93a9415a22b58bdc602112ab","version":"1.5.0","vendor":{"version":"12.04","name":"Ubuntu"}}

13:33:04 ALiVE-0 CONNECTED TO DATABASE OK

13:33:04 ALiVE-0 CONNECTED TO DATABASE, BUT PERFDATA HAS BEEN TURNED OFF

13:33:04 ALiVE-0 CONNECTED TO DATABASE, BUT AAR HAS BEEN TURNED OFF

13:33:05 "Operation: TAKISTAN ALIVE 4thJsoc"

this is what happens....and when i log persistence isnt okay....Thing is i have all the disable options in the Database module set to no....which i assume means dont disable?

@SavageCDN

Reply from pg 483

Ha ha! No team kills. In fact, it happens right out of the gate. Mission starts, do quick loadouts, mount helo's. Then the issue with a locked out seat.

how do I blacklist faction groups/vehicles from spawning ?

ALiVE Virtual AI System modul init field:

class Groups
   {
       items=23;
       class Item0
       {
           side="LOGIC";
           class Vehicles
           {
               items=1;
               class Item0
               {
                   position[]={8283.2793,296.04001,2072.8279};
                   class args
                   {
                       items=7;
                       class Item0
                       {
                           value="false";
                           parentCls="ALiVE_sys_profile";
                           typeName="debug";
                       };
                       class Item1
                       {
                           value="false";
                           typeName="persistent";
                       };
                       class Item2
                       {
                           value="ADD";
                           typeName="syncronised";
                       };
                       class Item3
                       {
                           value="800";
                           typeName="spawnRadius";
                       };
                       class Item4
                       {
                           value="800";
                           typeName="spawnTypeHeliRadius";
                       };
                       class Item5
                       {
                           value="0";
                           typeName="spawnTypeJetRadius";
                       };
                       class Item6
                       {
                           value="25";
                           typeName="activeLimiter";
                       };
                   };
                   id=0;
                   side="LOGIC";
                   vehicle="ALiVE_sys_profile";
                   leader=1;
                   lock="UNLOCKED";
                   skill=0.60000002;
                   init="ALiVE_PLACEMENT_CUSTOM_GROUPBLACKLIST = [""LOP_ISIS_Mechanized_Squad_M113"",""LOP_ISIS_M1A1_Platoon"",""LOP_ISIS_M1A1_Platoon_C""];";                    
               };
           };
       };

is this correct?

it doesn't work

or do I need blacklist Vehicles too ?

Edited by maquez

LiVE [m_0|30] Module ALiVE_sys_data INIT

13:33:04 ALIVE_SYS_DATA START PLUGIN: ALiVEPlugIn Info - cfg/log locations: C:\bluefang\servers\server169\alive.cfg, C:\bluefang\servers\server169\alive.log - User: zyjevorafusuza9oxedytemy9ito5yxa, =4THCAG= - IP Check URL: http://alivemod.com/api/authorise?ip=69.162.103.178&group==4THCAG= - Server: 69.162.103.178, Authorised: "true" - DB Connect: {"couchdb":"Welcome","uuid":"a1b347be93a9415a22b58bdc602112ab","version":"1.5.0","vendor":{"version":"12.04","name":"Ubuntu"}}

13:33:04 ALiVE-0 CONNECTED TO DATABASE OK

13:33:05 "Operation: TAKISTAN ALIVE 4thJsoc"

this is what happens....and when i log persistence isnt okay....Thing is i have all the disable options in the Database module set to no....which i assume means dont disable?

Looks like it's all setup fine and connecting ok. Have you enabled Player Persistence in the Player Options?

Also check aliveserver.log for any errors.

^^thats perfectly normal?

Have you enabled Player Persistence in the Player Options?

I was posting about an issue I'm having playing on a dedicated server using Alive: when I try to exit doing "player exit" nothing happens. So I can't save my progression and stats. Same seems to happen when the admin try to do "save server and exist", as the server doesn't appear in the War Room. Could it be a problem with the player persistance option ? How do you add the persistance (I thought it was a module placed in the editor, but the mission used on the server is a common mission used by others too. And they have persistence...) ?

And, btw, do you guys plan to add compatibility also to play on local servers ? Just wondering if I can run my own server on my computer. No need for persistence, in this case: it would be just funny if I can register what happens in the War Room.