wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Will you guys (ALiVE Dev Team) ever make the Baghdad map compatible with ALiVE?

Really, really looking forward to the Insurgency module!

Little tip, grab baretail and watch the server RPT when your around civs, you'll be able to see what they are up to!

what's baretail? we're using a linux server and I can see the RPT in the console anyway. but I tried it in the mission preview and with the time set to 4x they never bombed me

what's baretail? we're using a linux server and I can see the RPT in the console anyway. but I tried it in the mission preview and with the time set to 4x they never bombed me

Hi!

It can take quite a while, until it happens - be aware even if you turn it to 4x, scripts may not be able to follow the 4x acceleration. How long did you leave it run, and did you ale ensure to kill some civis ;)?

thanks

Hi! At first let me say that this amazing mod made me install Arma again. I am still learning how to make missions with it, but everything is very well explained.

But today I've encountered strange problem. I wanted to make simple mission with player led RHS Escalation VDV squad to clear town (populated by ALiVE) of enemies represented by BLU_G_F. I used Military AI comander <- Military placement (Civilian objectives) <- CQB module (+ alive required, player options, and virtual AI system). If I chose light infantry composition in military placement I got infinite loading screen. With f. e. motorised composition mission loaded without problems. Same problem occured when I used IND_G_F faction and it occured even when I changed RHS faction to standard OPF_F. Then I loaded arma without RHS mod folder and mission loaded without problems (OPF_F used). After reintroducing RHS modfolder problem occured again (still using OPF_F, no RHS units present). I can upload mission file for recreation purposes if needed. I used only CBA, ALiVE and RHS mods.

Thanks for tips and for this amazing mod!

Just asking: do the War Room still not working ? I can't find my stats on it as I always have an internal error on the personal page.

Hi!

It can take quite a while, until it happens - be aware even if you turn it to 4x, scripts may not be able to follow the 4x acceleration. How long did you leave it run, and did you ale ensure to kill some civis ;)?

thanks

I didn't know that about the scripts and acceleration, that's good to know. I left it running for about 20 minutes, and about 10 minutes in I did kill some civs. Is there a way to make them want to bomb/kill you without having to kill them? It's meant to be a mission with really high tension already

So it still takes a long time even with hostility set to extreme?

Just asking: do the War Room still not working ? I can't find my stats on it as I always have an internal error on the personal page.

Should be fixed now. Please retest and let us know!

BTW, big upgrade over weekend to War Room... check your stats page to see all the awesome images of mod vehicles and weapons!

Should be fixed now. Please retest and let us know!

BTW, big upgrade over weekend to War Room... check your stats page to see all the awesome images of mod vehicles and weapons!

Thanks for the reply, now I can access my profile without any error, but looks like I still can't see my stats anywhere (I'm quite new to the War Room...should they be in my profile page ?). And looks like the War Room is empty now: no operation running nor live event feeds. Did you done a restart or something ?

Hi folks,

I am in trouble with my Jungle Mission....

i thought i can copy my Alive Modules from my chernarus or my takistan map,

but whether the ambient civilian placement nor the "Viewing Settings" Option seems working?

I am only using:

"ALiVE_require","ALiVE_sys_weather","ALiVE_amb_civ_population","ALiVE_amb_civ_placement" sync with "ALiVE_sys_profile","ALiVE_SYS_LOGISTICSDISABLE" and "ALiVE_SYS_playeroptions".

+ "ALiVE_sup_combatsupport" and 1x "ALiVE_SUP_TRANSPORT" with "B_Heli_Transport_01_F";

Logistics all off.

Only ViewingSettings with (1600,4000,3,3) active in Player Options.

The Civilian Faction is CIV_F.

and Errors are these:

15:02:09 ALiVE SETTING UP MAP: pja305

15:02:09 ALiVE MAP BOUNDS: 21000

15:02:12 Error in expression <"_value") then { nil } else { _value },

_hash select 3] call (uiNamespace getVar>

15:02:12 Error position: <_hash select 3] call (uiNamespace getVar>

15:02:12 Error Nicht definierte Variable in Ausdruck: _hash

15:02:12 File x\alive\addons\x_lib\functions\data\fnc_hashSet.sqf, line 42

15:02:12 Error in expression <6.4],"c_53"]]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

[_sectorData,"clustersCiv",_clustersCiv] >

15:02:12 Error position: <_sectorData,"clustersCiv",_clustersCiv] >

15:02:12 Error Nicht definierte Variable in Ausdruck: _sectordata

15:02:12 File x\alive\addons\fnc_analysis\data\data.pja305.sqf, line 9484

15:02:12 ALiVE [m_7|120] Module ALiVE_amb_civ_population INIT

15:02:12 ALiVE [m_7|120] Module ALiVE_amb_civ_population INIT COMPLETE TIME: 0.0119934

15:02:12 ALiVE [m_8|130] Module ALiVE_amb_civ_placement INIT

15:02:13 Old style material 204 used in ReportStack not available

15:02:13 Old style material 205 used in ReportStack not available

15:02:13 Land_Ind_Mlyn_02: light_1 - unknown animation source Light_1_source

15:02:13 Land_Ind_Mlyn_02: light_2 - unknown animation source Light_2_source

15:02:13 Performance warning: Very large search for 190413 (>400 m)

15:02:13 Performance warning: Search for 40fa1600# 190413: ind_sawmillpen.p3d was very large (3080 m)

15:02:15 Performance warning: Very large search for 190413 (>400 m)

15:02:15 Performance warning: Search for 40fa1600# 190413: ind_sawmillpen.p3d was very large (3080 m)

15:02:46 ALiVE [m_8|130] Module ALiVE_amb_civ_placement INIT COMPLETE TIME: 34.222

15:02:46 ALiVE [m_9|160] Module ALiVE_sup_combatsupport INIT

15:02:47 ALiVE [m_0|40] Module ALiVE_require INIT COMPLETE TIME: 38.657

15:02:47 ALiVE Global INIT COMPLETE

15:02:47 ALiVE Global Init Timer Complete 38.657

15:02:47

15:02:47 "FlexiMenu ADD: ALiVE_ui_display"

15:02:47 ALiVE [m_9|160] Module ALiVE_sup_combatsupport INIT COMPLETE TIME: 0.165985

15:02:47 ALiVE [m_10|163] Module ALiVE_SUP_TRANSPORT INIT

15:02:47 ALiVE [m_10|163] Module ALiVE_SUP_TRANSPORT INIT COMPLETE TIME: 0.00100708

15:02:47 ALiVE [m_11|200] Module ALiVE_SYS_playeroptions INIT

15:02:47 ALiVE [m_11|200] Module ALiVE_SYS_playeroptions INIT COMPLETE TIME: 0.00201416

15:02:47 ALiVE [m_12|220] Module ALiVE_sys_weather INIT

15:02:47 Fresnel k must be >0, given n=1.4,k=0

15:02:47 ALiVE [m_13|0] Module INIT

15:02:47 ALiVE [m_13|0] Module INIT COMPLETE TIME: 0.000976563

15:02:47 ALiVE [m_14|0] Module INIT

15:02:47 String STR_ADDON_ERROR1 not found

15:02:47 0:06:40,967 (0) [x\alive\addons\sys_viewdistance\fnc_vDist.sqf:55] -ERROR- <NULL-object>

15:02:47 "FlexiMenu ADD: ALiVE_ui_display"

15:02:47 ALiVE [m_14|0] Module INIT COMPLETE TIME: 0.072998

15:02:47 ALiVE [m_15|0] Module INIT

15:02:47 ALiVE [m_16|0] Module INIT

15:02:57 Cannot load sound 'a3\ui_f\data\sound\onclick.wss'

15:02:57 Fresnel k must be >0, given n=2.51,k=0

15:02:57 No owner

15:02:57 Weather was forced to change

15:02:57 ALiVE [m_12|220] Module ALiVE_sys_weather INIT COMPLETE TIME: 10.742

Alive Version 0.9.4.1412061

Arma 3 Versi 1.36.128579

Nziwasogo 0.6

AllinArmaTerrainpack 2015-01-01

What is my problem???

Just stopping in to say, 'Awesome work guys!'.

Tupolov dropped a link for me early this morning, which I took as a hint to go check things out again. Really impressive guys! The WarRoom is just fantastic. So, kudos, props and all that. Really looking forward to getting more familiar with things and integrating it what we do on a regular basis. All pro.

Can someone confirm if this is the current state of indexing for Sangin? This doesn't look right to me so I'm thinking I may not have the right version or something.

This is with Civ and Mil placement modules with no size or priority filtering.

http://i.imgur.com/vNmTaLM.jpg (259 kB)

looks right to me....

Really? I thought it looked pretty random compared to other maps where size and placement seem more direct and purposeful, so I wanted to be sure I had the right map. Thanks for the confirm.

After looking at it closer the high priority mil placements are where they should be which was my main concern. I'm setting up a situation where enemies occupy the farmlands for a patrol-type scenario and there is a nice disbursement of civilian placements in there, so that's good. Should be fun. :)

Edited by DGeorge85

Thanks for the reply, now I can access my profile without any error, but looks like I still can't see my stats anywhere (I'm quite new to the War Room...should they be in my profile page ?). And looks like the War Room is empty now: no operation running nor live event feeds. Did you done a restart or something ?

Hey malcom, it is fully working now, we did have a brief issue today, but its all back and working - apologies bad timing!

If you don't have any stats there could be a couple of reasons:

1. You are not playing on a server/machine with @ALiVEServer mod loaded

2. Your mission has not enabled player stats

3. Something has gone wrong...

I did notice that you are not a member of a group on War Room and it looks like we don't have any stats for you. Are you playing on a server/machine with ALiVEServer running?

I'm trying to get some civilians from CAF (caf_ag_me_civ) on Sangin without luck, though for troubleshooting's sake I've tried vanilla civilians too. The placement module picks up the civilian zones, but the population module isn't spawning anything. It works great on Takistan though. Is the ambient civilian population a per map feature that hasn't been worked out for Sangin, or is there likely something else going on here?

Edited by DGeorge85

hello ALiVE Team

I made a mission based on the Insurgency ALiVE template from Sacha Ligthert and MPhillips'Hazey' .

Do you allow me to publish it on steam workshop/armaholic and I will give credits to all developers involved ?

kindly

maquez [Q-Net]

Yes of course feel free to release it.. maybe post a link back here once it's done.

Hey everyone!

FOr some reason when I add ALIVE my mission doesn't load? It doesnt crash or stop responding but it just stays on the loading screen. What did I do wrong? LOL. I placed the ALIVE required, AI Commander, AI Military obj, AI Civilian OBJ (both synced to AI Commander).

Thanks!

Usually this is caused by a module not synced properly so I would double check that first. If it still happens you can PM me with a repro (just CBA and ALIVE please) and I'll take a look.

I was also wondering if it works with Isla Duala yet? (The new arma 3 release).

Thanks!

Already done will be in next public release.

Will you guys (ALiVE Dev Team) ever make the Baghdad map compatible with ALiVE?

Really, really looking forward to the Insurgency module!

This one? I can make a requeset...

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10702

Hi! At first let me say that this amazing mod made me install Arma again. I am still learning how to make missions with it, but everything is very well explained.

But today I've encountered strange problem. I wanted to make simple mission with player led RHS Escalation VDV squad to clear town (populated by ALiVE) of enemies represented by BLU_G_F. I used Military AI comander <- Military placement (Civilian objectives) <- CQB module (+ alive required, player options, and virtual AI system). If I chose light infantry composition in military placement I got infinite loading screen. With f. e. motorised composition mission loaded without problems. Same problem occured when I used IND_G_F faction and it occured even when I changed RHS faction to standard OPF_F. Then I loaded arma without RHS mod folder and mission loaded without problems (OPF_F used). After reintroducing RHS modfolder problem occured again (still using OPF_F, no RHS units present). I can upload mission file for recreation purposes if needed. I used only CBA, ALiVE and RHS mods.

Thanks for tips and for this amazing mod!

Can you PM me your mission (or a repro) using just CBA, ALiVE and RHS? I'll take a look at it.

If I place a custom objective like say, a small military camp and I blow it up with a GBU, is it toast? As in does it still count as a point of interest for OPCOM?

Also can I please get a quick explanation of point values for size and priority with examples. I need to know ranges and impacts of those values.

Edited by I WUB PUGS

If I place a custom objective like say, a small military camp and I blow it up with a GBU, is it toast? As in does it still count as a point of interest for OPCOM?

Also can I please get a quick explanation of point values for size and priority with examples. I need to know ranges and impacts of those values.

Some info here (might be out of date by now)... I'll ask devs about your 1st question

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/FAQ#What_do_the_numbers_mean_.2850.7C150.29_next_to_the_placement_modules_in_debug.3F

Cool, I put "200" as my priority and it didn't give me a bug, or maybe the debug was running to fast, didn't crash anything. Would ALiVE treat an invalid high side value as just "50"?

Also is 150m the largest size of an objective?

Yes it still stays as an objective because in theory it could be built back up again. To remove it from OPCOM's list you can use a trigger with removeObjective command (more info here: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Snippets)

Cool, I put "200" as my priority and it didn't give me a bug, or maybe the debug was running to fast, didn't crash anything. Would ALiVE treat an invalid high side value as just "50"?

Also is 150m the largest size of an objective?

I've used a 999 priority... so it works up to there at least :p

Not sure what the largest possible size is either.... pretty sure I've seen in the 400-500 range before.

hey guys. I've asked this a bunch of times but I still can't get it to work right

trying to get JIP to work with ALiVE's player saving per mission.

if I keep AI enabled in the mission, it works "right" but I don't like that the AI are there. they're annoying and they take over when a player disconnects, which gets them killed. but the slot remains when they disconnect and it restores their position, which is cool to see.

I tried adding disabledAI = 1; and respawn = 4; in the description.ext and they can JIP, but then the slot disappears when they disconnect. I want to have it so players can come right back in if their internet messes up or whatever.

maybe there's a way to force the player-controllable AI to profile/cache if it's not under player control, but I don't know if this is the best solution. anyway, I've asked this before and was told to turn respawn on or something, but I had other concerns and never tried it. now that things have really settled down, I can try this.

thanks for your hard work and help

I did just try that. there's a different effect; the slot stays open for players to rejoin, but the player does not respawn in the same position or with the same gear. the gear is reset and they restart at the original spawn location

so it's slightly better but not what I'm looking for

my persistence isnt working out either.....Stats tracking is working. have both of my dedicated servers working and what happens when we disconnect and reconnect is i spawn where i left....BUT stock BIS equipment relative to the character slot....not my gear-set when i DC....

I did notice that you are not a member of a group on War Room and it looks like we don't have any stats for you. Are you playing on a server/machine with ALiVEServer running?

Actually looks like the server admin is still working on it, so I'll continue testing. Anyway looks everything working fine now...so I suppose it's a server related thing now.

Thanks for the help