wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

I've been having a slight bug recently where, when I place a transport helicopter down it spawns with too many crewmen. For instance the Black Hawk from the RHS mod, it spawns with a pilot, a co pilot and two gunners (which is fine) and 4 pilots sitting in the back (which is not fine) Is this a bug with ALiVE or am I doing something to cause this? Also note that it happens with vanilla units as well. I tried to place some Hummingbirds (default Arma 3 units) and they spawned with 4 extra pilots sitting on the skids.

Is there any way from preventing this from happening?

I'm trying to figure out how to play a CAS role within an ALIVE mission, where I'm given targets, or atleast have spotted targets show on my map from one or more OPCOM-controlled squads.

Likely the simplest idea was to put myself in a squad as a subordinate, but OPCOM doesn't task the squad. If I set the leader to be profiled (sync it to the profile module) then the rest of the squad doesn't even appear to spawn as far as I can tell. When I ungroup myself from the squad they spawn and are tasked by OPCOM.

Everything is always about a player calling in AI support, but I'd like to reverse the roles. In a perfect world I'd like to be available to all squads, or even just the squads including a soldier with a laser designator, but at this point I'd be happy just to get going as a CAS pilot in a single OPCOM controlled squad. Does anyone have any ideas or editor "tricks" that might get me on the right track here?

I've been having a slight bug recently where, when I place a transport helicopter down it spawns with too many crewmen. For instance the Black Hawk from the RHS mod, it spawns with a pilot, a co pilot and two gunners (which is fine) and 4 pilots sitting in the back (which is not fine) Is this a bug with ALiVE or am I doing something to cause this? Also note that it happens with vanilla units as well. I tried to place some Hummingbirds (default Arma 3 units) and they spawned with 4 extra pilots sitting on the skids.

Is there any way from preventing this from happening?

That's an on going issue with alive as of right now due to the BI (FOV) update "firing from vehicles". ALIVE spawns in units to fill those roles. There's no way to get around that as of right now. I use the chinook and the MEV heli to get around. Sometimes I get freaky and use a car with the transport module, it works out..........most of the time.

Edited by Anusmangler
because I said so.

Ok thanks for letting me know. It hasn't proven to be much of an issue, just an annoyance so far. Hope that a fix is discovered soon. Thanks for your reply!

@ALiVE crew... you guys all ok ? All seems to have gone rather quiet over the last couple of weeks ?

You can't all still have Hangovers surely :-)

SJ

Yeah I think people are just busy and recovering from the holidays. I see the odd grumbling in the Skype channel...

Hi again,

How can I prevent the AI to spawn inside empty vehicles as gunners? I've made a little base with empty vehicles for players, and the AI spawns inside at start.

Thanks

Sounds strange... do they spawn only in the gunner positions? Are you running any other AI mod? Is this using the CQB module or a CP/MP module for spawning?

Is there any trick to get the military logistics module to work propperly? I do get troops incoming to whatever objective OPCOM thinks needs them, but it seems like the groups spawned just get stuck. No matter if virtualized or not, the trucks with troops don't move and most, if not all helicopters simply do not despawn.

Seems to be like that in every mission i create, no matter if vanilla or using mods.

If the reinforcement units are spawning in then the logistics module is working properly.. anything after that is handled by OPCOM. They usually don't move right away they need to wait for the next cycle where OPCOM will determine what to do with them. I have seen occasional odd behaviour with choppers hovering over a location for extended periods of time... I'm guessing some of this is due to bad BIS AI behaviour. If you notice it happening consistently you can PM me a repro mission (vanilla only - ie: ALIVE + CBA) and I'll take a look.

I'm trying to figure out how to play a CAS role within an ALIVE mission, where I'm given targets, or atleast have spotted targets show on my map from one or more OPCOM-controlled squads.

Likely the simplest idea was to put myself in a squad as a subordinate, but OPCOM doesn't task the squad. If I set the leader to be profiled (sync it to the profile module) then the rest of the squad doesn't even appear to spawn as far as I can tell. When I ungroup myself from the squad they spawn and are tasked by OPCOM.

Everything is always about a player calling in AI support, but I'd like to reverse the roles. In a perfect world I'd like to be available to all squads, or even just the squads including a soldier with a laser designator, but at this point I'd be happy just to get going as a CAS pilot in a single OPCOM controlled squad. Does anyone have any ideas or editor "tricks" that might get me on the right track here?

This is not possible with just ALiVE and I'm not sure if it's even on the roadmap. Although it does sound like a bucket of fun....

SavageCDN

Well, I'm using ASR_AI3 for the AI. And I'm using a Mil.Placement to populate the base.

As Anusmangler and ARJay (on ALiVE forum) said, is a known issue with FFV update. Let's hope that he team can get a workaround for this.

Thanks,

Edited by drredfox
Incomplete post

@ALiVE crew... you guys all ok ? All seems to have gone rather quiet over the last couple of weeks ?

You can't all still have Hangovers surely :-)

SJ

Hey mate!

Well, it depends, you sure can :)

Arjay and me had a coding break over the xmas holidays, but as we are now all back, the party can go on...

Hope you are all doing well!

Happy 2015

My problem solved : User error (my 'clean install" was calling a mod folder from another drive) & ASR_AI was the mod causing the patrol lock-ups. Ditched ASR for now, but hoping for a fix...

I may be back soon, just trying to break these shackles the Mrs has put on!

heh ! What's yours, a boy or a girl ?

Mine's obviously an RSM in training - got the lungs all right

How is the unit blacklisting working for you guys recently? I have just been trying to use it and have followed the instructions on the wiki, but it is still spawning in units and vehicles I have blacklisted.

Here is my init.sqf:

if (isServer) then {

["MISSION INIT - Waiting"] call ALIVE_fnc_dump;

waitUntil {!isNil "ALiVE_STATIC_DATA_LOADED"};

["MISSION INIT - Continue"] call ALIVE_fnc_dump;

call compile (preprocessFileLineNumbers "script\staticData.sqf");

["MISSION INIT - Static data override loaded"] call ALIVE_fnc_dump;

};

and the staticData.sqf (I'm using the faction SUD_USSR from the East versus West mod):

// CQB Unit Blacklist
ALiVE_MIL_CQB_UNITBLACKLIST = ["SUD_USSR_Soldier_AA","SUD_USSR_Soldier_Pilot","SUD_USSR_Soldier_Crew"];

// Mil Placement unit blacklist
ALiVE_PLACEMENT_UNITBLACKLIST = ["SUD_USSR_Soldier_AA","SUD_USSR_Soldier_Pilot","SUD_USSR_Soldier_Crew"];

// Mil Placement vehicle blacklist
ALiVE_PLACEMENT_VEHICLEBLACKLIST = ["SUD_ZSU"];

// Mil Placement group blacklist
ALiVE_PLACEMENT_GROUPBLACKLIST = ["SU_InfTeam_AA","SU_TankPlatoon_AA"];

Can anybody see why this isn't working or is it a problem with ALiVE and not with what I'm doing?

Thanks

This is not possible with just ALiVE and I'm not sure if it's even on the roadmap. Although it does sound like a bucket of fun....

A bucket of fun is right. I don't mess with public servers and haven't yet put in any effort to find and join a suitable group out there, so I mainly just play alone, using ALIVE to get a nice battlefield going. As of now the only real thing I find severely lacking is the ability to play an active CAS role within a sea of AI.

There is already a script on the ALIVE wiki that joins you to an AI squad either attacking or defending an objective. So the functionality of joining different squads is there, but it teleports you to them, so that would need to be removed and then would be handy to put it in the action menu.

Aside from that, to greatly enhance the effectiveness, a set of code would be needed to determine which squad the player is attached to. Maybe this would include a hierarchy of enemy types and things like the number, type and density of spotted enemies are considered to produce a virtual SITREP of sorts for each friendly squad. The player would then be joined up with the most threatened squad and receive targets as usual by the leader. When you feel the threat has been sufficiently decreased, you could then open your action menu and choose "Receive SITREP" or something like that to be re-tasked to the current highest threat.

I've never coded anything for Arma, but this might be a good time to start and it doesn't really seem like it would be all that difficult to get something functional out of this idea. It all sounds pretty neato to me. :D

DGeorge... You HAVE to join a MP server... it's exactly what you're looking for.

try our public if you want to have some CAS fun without any kids messing up your game

http://www.3commandobrigade.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1765&p=13754

Server IP: 144.76.162.200

Port: 2362

There's about 8 guys on right now, who probably need a whirly-bird to shoot something or a Hog to Chew something up...

You'll never go back to SP again I promise

SJ

Having some issued with the AI Commander. In a scenario I want to create I want a pretty basic setup.

BLUFOR is holding a airfield and the surrounding area in chernarus.

OPFOR is attacking the airfield from the nearby coast while some OPFOR units are defending their flank.

I got everything working exept the setup for the attacking troops. When I connect the AI Commander to the military and civilian placement, the map will not load at all and I have to manually kill the arma3.exe.

As soon as I disconnect the AI Commander from those objectives, the map will load just fine.

I think I did everything according to the last video tutorial, but I guess I must be missing something and doing something wrong.

How is the unit blacklisting working for you guys recently? I have just been trying to use it and have followed the instructions on the wiki, but it is still spawning in units and vehicles I have blacklisted.

Can anybody see why this isn't working or is it a problem with ALiVE and not with what I'm doing?

Thanks

To be honest I've never used the blacklists (shhh..don't tell)... can you PM me with a simple repro mission using just @ALiVE and @CBA_A3? Or perhaps someone else will reply here with better info...

snip

You could also open a feature request here:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/alive?jump=welcome

It might not be possible or even something the devs have considered but it couldn't hurt to put it on their radar.

Having some issued with the AI Commander. In a scenario I want to create I want a pretty basic setup.

BLUFOR is holding a airfield and the surrounding area in chernarus.

OPFOR is attacking the airfield from the nearby coast while some OPFOR units are defending their flank.

I got everything working exept the setup for the attacking troops. When I connect the AI Commander to the military and civilian placement, the map will not load at all and I have to manually kill the arma3.exe.

As soon as I disconnect the AI Commander from those objectives, the map will load just fine.

I think I did everything according to the last video tutorial, but I guess I must be missing something and doing something wrong.

Doesn't sound like it especially if your A3 is crashing... when you have the AI commander 'disconnected' do groups still spawn in the objectives? What mods are you using in this mission? You could do a simple test - replicate your setup on Stratis and test if connecting the AI commander crashes there as well.

Hi guys,

We are starting to make the ffaa mod compatible with some community addons and ALIVE have been requested many times .. So we are thinking if there is something else we have to do or just create a custom CfgGroups like you have on your wiki(?)

Who are interested on it, we have drawn an idea showing the CfgGroups of the ffaa mod here (still wip).

hello ALiVE Team

I made a mission based on the Insurgency ALiVE template from Sacha Ligthert and MPhillips'Hazey' .

Do you allow me to publish it on steam workshop/armaholic and I will give credits to all developers involved ?

kindly

maquez [Q-Net]

Edited by maquez

Hey everyone!

FOr some reason when I add ALIVE my mission doesn't load? It doesnt crash or stop responding but it just stays on the loading screen. What did I do wrong? LOL. I placed the ALIVE required, AI Commander, AI Military obj, AI Civilian OBJ (both synced to AI Commander).

Thanks!

Does anyone know if the "insurgents" in the updated escalation mod work with alive or are they currently being indexed?

Any chance N'Ziwasogo gets indexed for MIL and CIV placement? Civ module works as it runs off of CQB and it seems that the houses are all indexed and good to go. No bases or anything though.

quick question: how do you get suicide bombers? I tried setting civilian hostility to extreme but I'm not getting any of the weirdness i saw in the tutorial video. they don't seem to sneak around, gather around the player, or suicide bomb at all. can't see any debug output either

edit: i was wrong, they do exhibit strange behavior, and they turn red on the map in the debug. but still don't see any bombers. very cool to see so far

Edited by GDent

quick question: how do you get suicide bombers? I tried setting civilian hostility to extreme but I'm not getting any of the weirdness i saw in the tutorial video. they don't seem to sneak around, gather around the player, or suicide bomb at all. can't see any debug output either

edit: i was wrong, they do exhibit strange behavior, and they turn red on the map in the debug. but still don't see any bombers. very cool to see so far

Little tip, grab baretail and watch the server RPT when your around civs, you'll be able to see what they are up to!

I was also wondering if it works with Isla Duala yet? (The new arma 3 release).

Thanks!