wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

That's how it's meant to work. If you want the towns to be occupied, use one of the other Mil Placement modules as well.

ok and is there a way to edit the settings of the other mil placement modules ? where i can define how many units & vehicles spawn ? something similar to the mil placement cust. obj.

The the drop downs on the modules. They're all pretty self explanatory. Have a look at the wiki if you need more info. Note that unlike Custom Objectives there's no need to specify exactly how many groups you want - it's all about choosing the rough numbers and types of enemy you want.

Tried to get the new Duala map running with ALiVE - but no go....

Any-chance of those map indexes being hotfixed ?

SJ

Not really a hotfix since they've not been indexed at all yet! Hopefully we'll get it into the next update.

is there a way to make the "military placement cust. obj." as a trigger which spawns the units where ever i go or any other way to make it work ?

even if i have to open the .pbos and take the script from there ?

Dear ALiVE devs,

first of all congratulations on this great modification! It's such a great tool to make missions and enhance the immersion even further.

I've got one question regarding Military Logistics: is it true that at least some kind of Military Objective is needed to make them work?

I set up a simple mission with OPFOR defending and BLUFOR invading and added Military Logistics to the BLUFOR side (synced to the Military AI Commander). Unfortunately resupplies don't seem to work, even when I try to trigger them via Player Combat Support (although it tells me my request for resupplies has been acknowledged and I should be standing by for them to come in). Could this be because BLUFOR only owns Civilian Objectives and has no Military Objectives under it's control? I even placed a Military Placement of type Custom Objectives with some huge military Spawn Composition and it's priority set to 999, set the Military Logistics module next to it and made it's Reinforcement Type Fixed - to no avail.

As of now I'm at a loss with making this work. If anybody could help me out on this or point me in the right direction that'd be very much appreciated.

It works, and yes it need an objective for the Logistics to spawn at before they move to the front. Logistics will only trigger when the overall force level of that side reaches a certain percentage of their start state (e.g. 75% of the original strength). Manually requesting supplies the Player interface works too but it can take sometime to arrive, depending on what's available.

If in doubt, turn debug on and you should see things ticking along in the rpt.

friznit2, thanks for your reply! Could I set up such a backward base / insertion point via Military Placement (Custom Objectives)? My problem is that I have no "real" military objectives in vicinity to the battlefield - the next mil object is many kilometers away tbh.

The unit I am apart of is having major issues with alive running a dynamic mission. The CPS is constantly spiking between 15-30 while the FPS stays solid. Much like what was posted in this post. It spikes with our dynamic user created mission and the default vanilla missions with only @cba_a3 and @alive/@aliveserver running.

eu1t95.jpg

Any assistance would greatly be appreciated

Edited by Zoraks

Yes indeed, as per the instructions in our wiki :)

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Military_Logistics

Thanks again m8! :) I tried various combinations now and I think I got it working. Heli insertions got shot down most of the times though. :D

What confused me at first was the long time it took for Air Drop reinforcements to come in. I tried moving my insertion point to a military airfield, but that didn't seem to change anything. Could Air Drops be sped up in any way?

I don't know if this has been reported but IIRC the last version of ALiVE I used did not have it.

It's a bug in which the "debug" feature for the CQB module does not display civilian spawn points after being killed and restarting the mission.

Everything is bare except for strategic points for some reason, kind of an inconvenience.

hello, Alive crashes on loading screen in the Editor after I put the Ai commander module down.....any idea how to fix?

The unit I am apart of is having major issues with alive running a dynamic mission. The CPS is constantly spiking between 15-30 while the FPS stays solid. Much like what was posted in this post. It spikes with our dynamic user created mission and the default vanilla missions with only @cba_a3 and @alive/@aliveserver running.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/eu1t95.jpg

Any system running scripts etc will likely impact CPS. It's unavoidable unfortunately. We have worked hard to optimise performance of ALiVE and ensure it does not impact FPS and the general playing experience. Please let us know if you experience any issues when CPS is low.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/eu1t95.jpg

I'd be chuffed with a chart like that.... CPS is always gonna take a hit vs FPS..... you don't have many Ai active, but are you running somesort of ai enhancement over the top ? Anything that messes with Ai values, i.e. bCOmbat, ASR etc will bring cps down relatively.

Questions is, with those stats, is gameplay effected ?

Only with the CQB module currently.

The key thing there is "currently" :-) Which gives me MUCH hope for the future... hint hint

SJ

Hi guys,

Quick question, is logistic support working with RHS?

- Me (being a Nato soldier) tried asking for Air dropped vehicle (Nato Ammobox) and it worked

- Me (being a RHS soldier) tried asking for Air dropped vehicle (RHS ammobox) and nothing happened.

---------

EDIT #1

I found a different problem trying to run dedi server with @AliveServer for the first time. My server crashes everytime I try to get connected to it.

Mods: @AliveServer

Distribution: 0

Version 1.36.128579

Fault time: 2014/12/29 19:27:11

Fault address: 75ADB727 01:0000A727 C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll

file: alive_save_test_v1 (__cur_mp)

world: Stratis

Prev. code bytes: 0C EB 03 89 45 C0 8D 45 B0 50 FF 15 6C 11 AD 75

Fault code bytes: C9 C2 10 00 CC CC CC CC CC 8B FF 55 8B EC 56 8B

Registers:

EAX:00BFB37C EBX:00000005

ECX:00000005 EDX:00000000

ESI:00BFB43C EDI:00000001

CS:EIP:0023:75ADB727

SS:ESP:002B:00BFB37C EBP:00BFB3CC

DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B

Flags:00200202

I have followed every step written in my War Room. Any idea?

EDIT #2

Problem about server solved. I forgot to do this step.

http://alivemod.com/img/blocked.jpg

Now my server is working (:

Edited by AlexSegen

Really would love to see Schwemlitz and it's winter version added to index. Anyway, thank you for all your hard work. This mod is magic.

We've got a long list of islands to index. They'll be in the next release, which will be soonâ„¢ (when it's ready)!

You've still got my hand up to volunteer to help with Indexing.... Assuming an old dog can be taught new tricks....

Hi guys,

Quick question, is logistic support working with RHS?

- Me (being a Nato soldier) tried asking for Air dropped vehicle (Nato Ammobox) and it worked

- Me (being a RHS soldier) tried asking for Air dropped vehicle (RHS ammobox) and nothing happened.

---------

EDIT #1

I found a different problem trying to run dedi server with @AliveServer for the first time. My server crashes everytime I try to get connected to it.

I have followed every step written in my War Room. Any idea?

EDIT #2

Problem about server solved. I forgot to do this step.

http://alivemod.com/img/blocked.jpg

Now my server is working (:

Does that RHS unit have the necessary equipment to call in for an Airdrop (Laser Designator is Default)?

Do you have all the options to call in the drop but do not see the ammo box you need in the scroll list?