wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Just server. Please post here if you get any news from Robaldo regarding its compatibility with ALiVE. Thanx :)

He posted a zip file with a new PBO a few pages back in the ASR thread, but I haven't tried it yet.

Been using ASR AI and ALIVE together for awhile now. Perfectly compatible from where I'm sitting.

Yes ALiVE and ASR_AI have always worked well together.. odd that it's causing issues now. I will check out that .pbo you mentioned GDent.

since Im assuming no one saw my question from before Ill ask again. Does anyone else have the issue where units spawn on the skids on the humming bird or in the bed of the offroad when using them as a transport? is there a work around or a fix coming soon? or is this from a bad download or corrupt file?

It's been mentioned a number of times but long thread is long so you're forgiven for not using search ;)

It's due to the way BIS have implemented firing from vehicles - every position is a now a turret, and ALiVE fills turret slots with AI...we're trying to figure out how to workaround BIS's rather hacky solution without rewriting our persistence code from scratch (and forcing a complete wipe of the current database).

Has anyone else noticed that when the CQB module is set to headless client that it ignores both density settings and spawns only solo and low settings? JIP clients and Server options work as intended.

hmmmm.... yes good spot I'd seen that but not correlated it back !

Kinda defeats the point somewhat eh ?

Yes, it's possible by setting up a local server: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/FAQ#Can_I_save_the_progress_without_a_dedicated_server.3F

CDN_BiggDogg - not seen but thanks for pointing it out. I'll log a ticket on DH and we'll look into it.

Looks pretty damn complicated. I also noticed that the example configurations are all for ARMA 2 or Operation Arrowhead or ARMA, nothing for ARMA 3. Also, if I set up a local server on the same PC I'm using to play ARMA 3 wouldn't that bog down my PC?

It's actually pretty straight forward. We run this way regularly for local testing of ALiVE. All I can suggest is if you want persistence to work with ALiVE, give it a go :)

i barely see any helicopters & jets in the air.

im playing in the editor.

i barely see any helicopters & jets in the air.

I just realized the same thing, that I've never seen a single air vehicle spawned by a military placement module do anything. They just sit, loaded with AI. On the other hand I do see helis related to military logistics come in and drop troops off from time to time.

There is the AI spawn script pack out for arma 3. if you take the ambientcombat script and put it into your mission which alive spawn, then you will have helis and jets spawned in the air from all 3 factions because ambientcombat spawns them but beware: it spawns also ground vehicles and units so dont put alive group spawn too high

I suppose that's a workaround if you really want aeroplanes, but remember that anything spawned by an Ambient Script won't be used by the AI Commander, so it will be just what it is - a bunch of ambient stuff randomly flying around! We'll take a look at the Mil Placement aircraft - they should be getting tasked by OPCOM to help out. I think a lot of the problem for planes at least is that the AI struggles to actually taxi to the runway on 99% of airfields.

I just realized the same thing, that I've never seen a single air vehicle spawned by a military placement module do anything. They just sit, loaded with AI. On the other hand I do see helis related to military logistics come in and drop troops off from time to time.

I have seen them being used by AI commander at times.. usually sent in as fire support on a target (note I'm talking about the ones that are spawned at locations when you have the Place Air Units enabled in your MP module).

In fact I remember being surprised the first time I saw this.. thought I had left @TPW or some other mod running by accident!

Alive_logo_bif-1-.jpg

(Not an update, sorry!)

Merry Christmas you bunch of loons. And all the boys and girls at Bohemia Interactive for making our gaming lives a wonderful place.

Lots of love,

The ALiVE mod team

(This message is in no way sanctioned by Tupolov who is a sensible, upstanding member of the community and I have it on good authority is not at all drunk. Yet.)

It's actually pretty straight forward. We run this way regularly for local testing of ALiVE. All I can suggest is if you want persistence to work with ALiVE, give it a go :)

I appreciate the help but the directions there just don't make sense. For example, on page, https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Server_configuration#Example_Setups, it reads: "The parameter requires the explicit path to the directory containing the "server.armaprofile" file and the default location for this is "Drive:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents\ArmA Other Profiles"." There is no "server.armaprofile" file in that folder. The example they give has this "-profiles=D:\ArmA\Users\server -name=server". How do I know what to put in place of the word "server"?

ArmA will create the file and folder for you if it doesn't exist already. You can name your server anything you want. The server sub forums will have a lot more info if you get stuck.

I appreciate the help but the directions there just don't make sense. For example, on page, https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Server_configuration#Example_Setups, it reads: "The parameter requires the explicit path to the directory containing the "server.armaprofile" file and the default location for this is "Drive:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents\ArmA Other Profiles"." There is no "server.armaprofile" file in that folder. The example they give has this "-profiles=D:\ArmA\Users\server -name=server". How do I know what to put in place of the word "server"?

As Friznit said you can name it whatever you want. 1st time you start the server it will create the .profile file (in the directory you specify under -profiles=blah\blah). Once it creates the file you can then open it in Notepad and make changes.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147537-Tutorial-How-to-run-ArmA3-on-a-dedicated-server

It's long but it will have all the info you need to setup a dedicated server. Remember to assign the dedi to different cores than your client (in Task Manager - right click on arma3server.exe and Set Affinity).

ArmA will create the file and folder for you if it doesn't exist already. You can name your server anything you want. The server sub forums will have a lot more info if you get stuck.

What if I turn off the server or shut down my computer? Does the local server have to be running the whole time to save my game?

What do I do after I load the arma3server.exe shortcut? I see a small window at the top left of my screen but should I load ARMA 3 and search for my server name because I did that and I don't see it there.

The small windows displays this:

13:36:13 Dedicated host created.

13:36:15 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.196)

13:36:15 Host identity created.

13:36:15 Game Port: xxxx, Steam Query Port: xxxx

(I replaced the actual numbers with xxxx)

My shortcut target is this: "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3server.exe" -cfg=basic.cfg -config=server.cfg -profiles=D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Users\myservername -name=myservername

I didn't add a Server Difficulty Settings File because none of the examples are from ARMA 3. Will it even work without this?

Edited by JaySmizzle

http://alivemod.com/wiki/images/b/b1/Alive_logo_bif-1-.jpg

(Not an update, sorry!)

Merry Christmas you bunch of loons. And all the boys and girls at Bohemia Interactive for making our gaming lives a wonderful place.

Lots of love,

The ALiVE mod team

(This message is in no way sanctioned by Tupolov who is a sensible, upstanding member of the community and I have it on good authority is not at all drunk. Yet.)

Xmas spirit in full effect!

Merry Xmas all.

how to make the alive module "military placement cust. obj." working like the other military placement module that the units/vehicles spawns around you, no matter where you go ?

when i use only "military placement cust. obj." module, then it spawns the units/vehicles only there where i placed the module, when i go to another city, village or anywhere outside the zone where i spawned the module, it doesnt spawn any unit around me.

i did not placed any other military placement or CQB module, i only placed the required alive modules and "military placement cust. obj.".

can you help me ?

That's how it's meant to work. If you want the towns to be occupied, use one of the other Mil Placement modules as well.