wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

is there a way to give the same sidemisisons to oppsite sides ? we are intending to play an coop/tvt game.One side going to try to complete missions and other side try to prevent it ?

@REAPER LOK,

you can use two triggers or "AND" between conditions.

I will try "AND" between the conditions as two triggers kept freezing the game at load screen :(

I will post my results - thanx for the reply!

Maybe drop down the % of CQB units? Try JIP option for CQB or eliminate that Module and test performance...just some ides?

Make sure the CQB has a TAOR marker (or synced to the correct mil or civ placement) so the entire map is not being populated etc.

We haven't messed with the CQB module much so it's worth a try, but I noticed we get lag spikes constantly, not only when the CQB guys load in. Our % is only 10 usually and set to pairs. We debug always and make sure it's set to the TAOR marker.

Basically I watch the server console scroll by and every time a new group spawns, there's a little lag spike. For some people it's a huge one and we have ruined entire missions because of rubber banding lag causing vehicles to crash into each other.

So if I am looking to have one single trigger with the functionality to detect both EAST and WEST units (within 1m of the trigger) that are not yet spawned in the real battle space it would look like this?

((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 1, ["EAST","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) > 0) AND ((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 1, ["WEST","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) > 0)

I only ask because I cannot figure it out....grrrr This does not work, what am I missing? I put the above code in the triggers condition field, correct?

Has there been any fix or work around for helis (ie hummingbird) or off road vehicles loading with troops already on the skids or in the truck bed? Some one may have posted a fix but I didn't see it going back a few pages.

Should the mas_usa_mars faction remain compatible with ALiVE using Massi's Marine/MARSOC update, along with his vehicles and updated weapon pack?

I'm trying to run this on our dedi server but we get this message and our server won't load our mission. Any ideas?

Original output filename: Arma3Retail_Server

Exe timestamp: 2014/12/04 11:03:24

Current time: 2014/12/20 00:05:23

Type: Public

Branch: Stable

Version: 1.36.128579

Allocator: C:\TCAFiles\Users\carlosR\7488\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll

=====================================================================

0:05:23 ManagerConfig()

0:05:23 String STR_MOD_LAUNCHER_ACTION not found

0:05:24 Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_BULD_LOCK_ABSOLUTE_ELEVATION

So if I am looking to have one single trigger with the functionality to detect both EAST and WEST units (within 1m of the trigger) that are not yet spawned in the real battle space it would look like this?

((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 1, ["EAST","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) > 0) AND ((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 1, ["WEST","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) > 0)

I only ask because I cannot figure it out....grrrr This does not work, what am I missing? I put the above code in the triggers condition field, correct?

The AND is saying the trigger won't go off until an east and west profile are in the trigger at the same time, you probably want an OR.

((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 1, ["EAST","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) > 0) || ((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 1, ["WEST","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) > 0)

The AND is saying the trigger won't go off until an east and west profile are in the trigger at the same time, you probably want an OR.

((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 1, ["EAST","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) > 0) || ((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 1, ["WEST","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) > 0)

@bhaz - thanx for taking the time to reply. I am now thinking the issue might be the fact that the trigger is also synced to the Game Logic AREA that is needed and also synced to the SECTOR CONTROL module from BIS....???

Anyone had any success with sector control type modes using ALiVE?

@bhaz - thanx for taking the time to reply. I am now thinking the issue might be the fact that the trigger is also synced to the Game Logic AREA that is needed and also synced to the SECTOR CONTROL module from BIS....???

Anyone had any success with sector control type modes using ALiVE?

Can't say I've ever used those so not sure. If possible you could try upping the distance, profile positions aren't that accurate and tend to teleport in bounds of 200 metres or so, a radius as small as 1m might have problems if a group leapfrogs right over it.

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to keep pestering on this thread about this lag issue.

We have tried removing the CQB module from the mission and it did not fix anything.

To re-iterate, when we move in toward the TAOR marker and the AI groups begin to spawn, we have horrible, destructive lag spikes. They cause our vehicles to crash, helicopters to fall out of the sky, and it ends up killing some of the players at the very beginning of the mission.

We have tried setting the spawn radius lower, but it doesn't matter. Simply, when the AI spawns, we get lag spikes. And those lag spikes kill our play sessions.

From my perspective, it's just a little visual stutter. But for other players looking at me, there's a terrible rubber band/teleporting lag effect and it can actually kill them if they are close behind me.

I just finished testing this on a Windows server. We were using a Linux server before. Both do exactly the same thing. Two different servers.

I was wondering about ANYBODY'S experiences with this and what they did to help the issue. My server has an 8-core Xeon CPU running at 3.39 ghz. I think maybe I am missing something with the ALiVE configuration, but I just can't figure it out. I don't remember this happening in the past.

I am looking for any advice at all. I will try anything. Thank you

with this condition atleast 1 east and 1 west profiled soldier needed to trigger the event.but 3d soldiers wont.you can try "OR" instead of "AND".

GDent - that is simply not ALiVE.

Sorry mate, must be something either with your cadre of players and their respective Pings etc. OR with the way the server is setup to transfer across to Clients.

We see a small stutter - at the worst 1.5 seconds, MAX - easily flyable or drivable through with no crashes :-)

Normally it's about 0.5 of a second and we're golden back to good frames

Come and test on our server -

Server IP: 144.76.162.200

Port: 2362

Mods you need - http://www.3commandobrigade.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1765&p=13754

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to keep pestering on this thread about this lag issue.

We have tried removing the CQB module from the mission and it did not fix anything.

To re-iterate, when we move in toward the TAOR marker and the AI groups begin to spawn, we have horrible, destructive lag spikes. They cause our vehicles to crash, helicopters to fall out of the sky, and it ends up killing some of the players at the very beginning of the mission.

We have tried setting the spawn radius lower, but it doesn't matter. Simply, when the AI spawns, we get lag spikes. And those lag spikes kill our play sessions.

From my perspective, it's just a little visual stutter. But for other players looking at me, there's a terrible rubber band/teleporting lag effect and it can actually kill them if they are close behind me.

I just finished testing this on a Windows server. We were using a Linux server before. Both do exactly the same thing. Two different servers.

I was wondering about ANYBODY'S experiences with this and what they did to help the issue. My server has an 8-core Xeon CPU running at 3.39 ghz. I think maybe I am missing something with the ALiVE configuration, but I just can't figure it out. I don't remember this happening in the past.

I am looking for any advice at all. I will try anything. Thank you

Here are some things you could try to reduce the lag spike or overall performance issues with ALiVE (these have worked for me at least).

1. Reduce the amount of spawning units (instead of a battalion, maybe spawn a platoon...or a smaller grouping). I use the Logistics to allow Reinforcements rather than over-populate the initial map at load.

2. Use the drop down menus in the Placement modules to ignore small and medium objectives.

3. Keep the spawn radius as recommended (default is 1500 I think) - I like this radius as you seldom see units magically appear etc.

Small lag spikes are common, CPU power on your server side might play a part - do you run a dedicated server (only one instance of ARMA 3 running) or a game server (possibility of multiple uses on the same box).

I am no expert but always try and help if I can, these helped our gaming group - results may vary ;)

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

with this condition atleast 1 east and 1 west profiled soldier needed to trigger the event.but 3d soldiers wont.you can try "OR" instead of "AND".

Thanx enngerek - I can get the trigger to fire but NOT when the trigger is synced to a BIS module (sector control)......grrrr

GDent - that is simply not ALiVE.

Sorry mate, must be something either with your cadre of players and their respective Pings etc. OR with the way the server is setup to transfer across to Clients.

We see a small stutter - at the worst 1.5 seconds, MAX - easily flyable or drivable through with no crashes :-)

Normally it's about 0.5 of a second and we're golden back to good frames

Come and test on our server -

Server IP: 144.76.162.200

Port: 2362

Mods you need - http://www.3commandobrigade.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1765&p=13754

Could you elaborate on the pings issue and the "way the server is setup to transfer across to Clients"? Not everybody is going to have good ping, that's just natural. The thing is that we see tiny bits of stutter on the client end, but if I stutter a tiny bit from my perspective, after a few groups spawn I'll rubber band lag (from somebody else's perspective) and possibly crash into another player. So I'm just trying to figure out where this lag is coming from. I can see the stutter always being there, but the rubberband lag is a huge problem.

Also, thank you for the invitation. I might check it out when I'm not wracking my brain over my own server

EDIT: Seems we found the real issue. It's a combination of ALiVE and ASR_AI3 running. When ALiVE spawns enemies, we get a very tiny stutter which is completely tolerable and okay. But then ASR initializes that AI and the rubber banding starts. So if the enemies were already spawned and ASR had initialized them, it would be fine, but of course we can't have that with ALiVE and 8 objectives.

So now it's looking into ASR and performance, which is not for this thread. But I hope this can give some other people ideas if they've been having these kinds of problems.

Edited by GDent

Does anyone have a link to the older Bornholm version that works with the newest ALiVE release? I updated it without checking if it was still compatible and now it gets stuck at loading.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Could you elaborate on the pings issue and the "way the server is setup to transfer across to Clients"? Not everybody is going to have good ping, that's just natural. The thing is that we see tiny bits of stutter on the client end, but if I stutter a tiny bit from my perspective, after a few groups spawn I'll rubber band lag (from somebody else's perspective) and possibly crash into another player. So I'm just trying to figure out where this lag is coming from. I can see the stutter always being there, but the rubberband lag is a huge problem.

Also, thank you for the invitation. I might check it out when I'm not wracking my brain over my own server

EDIT: Seems we found the real issue. It's a combination of ALiVE and ASR_AI3 running. When ALiVE spawns enemies, we get a very tiny stutter which is completely tolerable and okay. But then ASR initializes that AI and the rubber banding starts. So if the enemies were already spawned and ASR had initialized them, it would be fine, but of course we can't have that with ALiVE and 8 objectives.

So now it's looking into ASR and performance, which is not for this thread. But I hope this can give some other people ideas if they've been having these kinds of problems.

Although the Author of ASR_AI3 says the clients do NOT need to be running the ASR_AI3 (or the same settings with it), I did read in his thread that it could help if all clients were running the same version. I have no issues with ALiVE and ASR_AI3 running at the same time - maybe some other client side or server side mod is conflicting?

No, I talked to Robalo and he asked me to change a specific setting to test it (setskill=1 to 0). This made it so the terrible lag spike doesn't occur. He's looking into it and will post a fix, but I'm wondering if you did anything specific to avoid the problem. Do you only run ASR on the server and not the clients? I think that's part of the problem.

OK, so this is my first time trying to use ALiVE. I have steam. I followed all directions in the .readme. Using the launcher for the game. No ALiVE. No missions or tutorials. Can't run anything that is ALiVE dependant. What am I doing wrong? Yes I have CBA installed as well.

Just create a shortcut for example:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -mod=@CBA_A3;@ALiVE

Currently we run ASR server and HC side only. No big lag spikes

No, I talked to Robalo and he asked me to change a specific setting to test it (setskill=1 to 0). This made it so the terrible lag spike doesn't occur. He's looking into it and will post a fix, but I'm wondering if you did anything specific to avoid the problem. Do you only run ASR on the server and not the clients? I think that's part of the problem.

Just server. Please post here if you get any news from Robaldo regarding its compatibility with ALiVE. Thanx :)

Just create a shortcut for example:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -mod=@CBA_A3;@ALiVE

Thanks for the response, I found a way to make it work. :D

hey guys,

I have a problem with the ALiVE Combat Logistics.

I stuck at the "Request", I have put down the following modules:

ALiVE Required, Ai Commander, Mil placement and a marker for BLU_F

But if i test it on a new mission it works fine. I don't know where my mistake is...

You need to include the Military Logistics module synced up to the Military AI Commander, which is in turn synced to your Mil Placement modules. Then you can place the Player Combat Logistics module (does not need to be synced to anything), which will let you request stuff from Military Logistics.

well, I am sry, I have forgot something.

I have synced the Military logistics and Mil Placement with the Ai commander and I have set down the Player Comabt logistics but I stuck still at "Requested"

In my test mission with only: Alive required, Profiler, Ai commander synced with militar logistics and mil placements it works fine