wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Are you using the Civilian Placement and Civilian Population modules? I've found any time I use these that the server load time for the mission is upwards towards 10 minutes (at low settings) with you getting to look at nothing but the load screen. The mission will eventually load and it only happens on the initial server load!

In my mission I removed only these two modules and modified nothing else and the load time dropped to around a minute or less!

So, i deleted now the modules you have said and my mission loads. thank you very much! But is this a bug with the Civilian Placement and Civilian Population on altis???

Does Alive change skill for units spawned by ZEUS?

Roadblocks will use the the profile system if placed, I.e. The units guarding the roadblock will spawn and despawn according to profile settings.

The Roadblock objects will not despawn.

Units that man roadblocks will patrol around the roadblock area too, so make sure they are not just 50-75 metres away.

We have optimisations and fixes coming for roadblocks in the next minor release (before Xmas)

---------- Post added at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

Hurt Locker is added as a showcase and integrated MP mission. If you depbo alive it is found in the missions.pbo. We will include an Altis version for editing/sample in the next release.

Are the roadblocks part of the IED module? I set up a quick mission in the editor and I didn't see any setting for them. I also looked at Hurt Locker briefly. I jumped into a Hunter to see how far I could drive (survive) before an IED killed my player. Conclusion: not far! :)

No roadblocks are part of the Civilian Placement module - check the module options you'll see it.

Hi Savage et al

I know this is a touchy subject for some, but will there be any hope of ALiVE being placed on the Steam Workshop? The launcher and convenience of the SWS are great.

^ well I am just a lowly tester but my edumecated guess is no it will never be on Steam workshop. One of the devs will have to respond with a real answer :p

Hi guys, quick question about IEDs, is it on purpose that we can't blow in place any IED? We (my team) have been trying to blow them with every kind of explosives but they are indestructibles. We only get the "disarm" action.

Does Alive change skill for units spawned by ZEUS?

Should do if you place the AI Skill module. Not sure how reliable it is with Zeus spawns specifically. Nothing else in ALiVE touches AI skill.

Ref Steam Workshop - it's not on our roadmap right now but there's no particular reason other than we don't want too many different places to maintain uploads during the dev cycle. Once we've settled GA we may look at sticking it on there. Possibly maybe! We've got a few other things in the works to make 'basic mode' ALiVE more accessible in the meantime.

IED's should be blow uppable with 50 cal and det packs. If they're not exploding satisfactorily in an enormous ball of fire, please check the sell by date of your C4 sticks and report defective equipment to the QM (and post a bug report on DH while you're there, we'll check it out, thanks!)

Partying and industry's incessant need to get everything completed by an arbitrary date in the latter half of December loosely related to ancient pagan festivities is playing havoc with our schedule at the moment so updates may be a little delayed but we're still plugging away.

No roadblocks are part of the Civilian Placement module - check the module options you'll see it.

Thanks! I'll check it out tomorrow.

IED's should be blow uppable with 50 cal and det packs. If they're not exploding satisfactorily in an enormous ball of fire, please check the sell by date of your C4 sticks and report defective equipment to the QM (and post a bug report on DH while you're there, we'll check it out, thanks!)

Yes Sir, I've checked the sell by date and it has expired :rolleyes: I will report this to my current provider and post bug report on DH.

Thanks to you.

I have placed AI skill module, but it is not working for units spawned by zeus (as far as I can see in my missions), in ai skill i put blu_f and then spawn nato team and it is much more skilled than team spawned by alive.

hey guys,

it is possible to use the USS Iowa BB-61 as Arty for the combat support? i have set the init line from the alive wiki and i can select it in the combat support, but I can't set a target.

This usually happens if the mod doesn't inherit from a BIS Artillery unit properly. Combat Support simply calls from the standard BIS arty commands.

---------- Post added at 21:52 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------

I have placed AI skill module, but it is not working for units spawned by zeus (as far as I can see in my missions), in ai skill i put blu_f and then spawn nato team and it is much more skilled than team spawned by alive.

Please can you log a ticket on DH? We may have to revisit the module anyway soon now that Headless Client is becoming more prevalent again.

I've been doing some experimenting, but nothing seems to be helping

When my group and I play, we experience a sudden lag spike that can last a few seconds when the profiles spawn. We have simple missions where the objective is to just go to town > blow something up/clear town of enemies. So the TAOR marker is for just that one town

still, when we move toward the AO, for some reason we get a horrible lag spike that will actually cause our vehicles to crash and even injure/kill players. The problem is that when we played one mission, I didn't experience this as the driver, but someone else who was driving did.

When I look at the module debug for mil. civ. placement, it's definitely not spawning everyone at once, just each group as we move closer. so I don't know where this lag spike is coming from, and it's really frustrating. I followed the advice for setting the spawn radius to 800m and the active limiter to 10-25 depending on the mission, but it didn't seem to help at all. it did make sure only the enemies around one town spawn, however

I wonder if maybe the bottleneck is some people's computers can't handle the sudden spawn, but I remember playing in the past and this wouldn't happen. I'd love some more ideas about this

thanks again for this amazing mod

I've been doing some experimenting, but nothing seems to be helping

When my group and I play, we experience a sudden lag spike that can last a few seconds when the profiles spawn. We have simple missions where the objective is to just go to town > blow something up/clear town of enemies. So the TAOR marker is for just that one town

still, when we move toward the AO, for some reason we get a horrible lag spike that will actually cause our vehicles to crash and even injure/kill players. The problem is that when we played one mission, I didn't experience this as the driver, but someone else who was driving did.

When I look at the module debug for mil. civ. placement, it's definitely not spawning everyone at once, just each group as we move closer. so I don't know where this lag spike is coming from, and it's really frustrating. I followed the advice for setting the spawn radius to 800m and the active limiter to 10-25 depending on the mission, but it didn't seem to help at all. it did make sure only the enemies around one town spawn, however

I wonder if maybe the bottleneck is some people's computers can't handle the sudden spawn, but I remember playing in the past and this wouldn't happen. I'd love some more ideas about this

thanks again for this amazing mod

Do you have a CQB Module spawning units inside of buildings? If so what is it set as, Headless Client, server, JIP?

Now that Massi's vehicle pack has been released, I was wondering if it is possible to use those vehicles in missions. For instance the mission me and my friends play is a large scale counter insurgency on Taksitan between US forces from the RHS: Escalation pack and the CAF Aggressors pack. I was wondering if it is possible to make the Aggressors use the various UAZs and technicals added by MAssi's pack, both as regularly spawned patrol units and at spawned checkpoints. Is this possible? If so how do I got about doing that? Thanks

How much work is it to do a mission intro like the ALiVE team uses at the beginning of their missions? It adds a professional touch to the mission and gets my players hyped.

This usually happens if the mod doesn't inherit from a BIS Artillery unit properly. Combat Support simply calls from the standard BIS arty commands.

---------- Post added at 21:52 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------

Please can you log a ticket on DH? We may have to revisit the module anyway soon now that Headless Client is becoming more prevalent again.

So it is possible if the vehicle works fine with the BIS Artillery?

Same here! When I am spawning AI via Zeus they are pretty damn accurate. We dont use a hc so.

So I have made a SECTOR CONTROL mission and everything is working great.....however, I am having one small issue with the use of ALiVE.

How can I have the ALiVE Units that exist in the virtual battle-space effect the triggers to activate and capture a sector without the player being within the 1500 radius that makes them appear in the true game world?

(Basically, I see them within the sector with the use of debug - but they wont capture until i move within the 1500 of the sector and they move from virtual units to real units).

If I increase the radius of spawn from 1500 to 3000 I will have performance issues - any help is most appreciated.

Thanx ;)

So if I am looking to have one single trigger with the functionality to detect both EAST and WEST units (within 1m of the trigger) that are not yet spawned in the real battle space it would look like this?

((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 1, ["EAST","WEST","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) > 0);

I only ask because I cannot figure it out....grrrr

Edited by REAPER LOK

Do you have a CQB Module spawning units inside of buildings? If so what is it set as, Headless Client, server, JIP?

Yes I do actually, it's set to Server and we haven't messed too much with it. We don't have a headless client since we're a small group.

Yes I do actually, it's set to Server and we haven't messed too much with it. We don't have a headless client since we're a small group.

Maybe drop down the % of CQB units? Try JIP option for CQB or eliminate that Module and test performance...just some ides?

Make sure the CQB has a TAOR marker (or synced to the correct mil or civ placement) so the entire map is not being populated etc.

is there a way to give the same sidemisisons to oppsite sides ? we are intending to play an coop/tvt game.One side going to try to complete missions and other side try to prevent it ?

@REAPER LOK,

you can use two triggers or "AND" between conditions.

Edited by enngerek