wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Didnt download again but its working after syncing.i tried before syncing but it didnt worked. i couldnt understand why its working now.is it normal or expected unsynced didnt worked.

I took a look at your mission and you did not have the AI Commander module synched with either the Civ or Mil placement modules. Once I synched them and previewed in editor the mission loaded. Can you try this and report back if it's still not working?

http://imgur.com/Wp78hRo

I just tried a clean mission on Stratis with Requires Alive, Virtual AI, Military IED modules and one player. Previewed and got IEDs spawning.. note you have to be within radius of an 'ied area' - should be a yellow circle marker visible with IED debug turned on and IEDs will spawn in once you get within range.

I set the same clean mission up on Stratis - NOTHING!! No IED, not even a sniff. Attempted many times over several hours. :stuck:

Edit: I have now had success....needed to increase the size of the TAOR marker (significantly). Either way - it is working, thanx Savage!!

Edited by REAPER LOK

Hey i have a question. i added two sides to my mission. AAF and NATO. i want them to actively go out and attack each other. but they really don't do that. they do fight each other but its seldom. any ideas how to make them more aggressive?

Hey i have a question. i added two sides to my mission. AAF and NATO. i want them to actively go out and attack each other. but they really don't do that. they do fight each other but its seldom. any ideas how to make them more aggressive?

Make sure you Synchronize the Nato Military AI Commander Module with the AAF CIV/MIL Emplacement Modules and vice versa as seen in this screenshot example below.

http://i.imgur.com/q7lOPwf.png

Let me know if this solves the issues.

-Haze

Well i only synced The Two of one side to the Opcom of the other. so that was probably the issue. testing now

---------- Post added at 18:39 ---------- Previous post was at 18:14 ----------

Well, cant see if it fixed it since i changed something and now our mission wont go past the Splash screen.

---------- Post added at 18:41 ---------- Previous post was at 18:39 ----------

Scratch that. i found out. it seemed adding a MLRS Support broke it.

My server is hanging at loading too. The ALIVE global init does not complete and there's a bunch of C2ISTAR errors. This occurred after the most recent update. Only mission change I've done is put the IED module down. There's also been multiple occurrences of the server actually crashing while loading the mission. I've pulled the RPT and bidmp/mdmp out for review to help diagnose whats up. Link is here.

Spectre you still having problems with this? If so can you try only removing the IED module to see if that allows the mission to load? Can you send me a test mission if it still happens?

Make sure you have IND set to hostile vs BLUFOR in editor as well (default setting is friendly)

I set the same clean mission up on Stratis - NOTHING!! No IED, not even a sniff. Attempted many times over several hours. :stuck:

Edit: I have now had success....needed to increase the size of the TAOR marker (significantly). Either way - it is working, thanx Savage!!

Glad you got it sorted out!! In my testing I had it set to cover the whole island :p

Spectre you still having problems with this? If so can you try only removing the IED module to see if that allows the mission to load? Can you send me a test mission if it still happens?

Removing the IED module resolved it and loaded me up, fully, w/o a server crash. The IED module was set to everything HIGH, across the entire map of Altis. Would this be the reason?

I kinda miss the old days when we didnt have to worry too much about borking up stuff across island wide missions. Lol.

Edit: also whats the most effective way to see if the Mil_CQB module is being helped by a headless client? I'm new to the HC stuff, and I set the CQB module for HC locality. The HC is in and running properly with the new setup BI has done. But I just cant tell a difference.

Removing the IED module resolved it and loaded me up, fully, w/o a server crash. The IED module was set to everything HIGH, across the entire map of Altis. Would this be the reason?

I kinda miss the old days when we didnt have to worry too much about borking up stuff across island wide missions. Lol.

Edit: also whats the most effective way to see if the Mil_CQB module is being helped by a headless client? I'm new to the HC stuff, and I set the CQB module for HC locality. The HC is in and running properly with the new setup BI has done. But I just cant tell a difference.

Hi Spectre!

Actually thats something that we discovered too late! ofc. it shouldnt hang or crash with any setting on any island - there are just too many IED locations on Altis with high or extreme settings :)

Tupolov is already on changing that part, please stick to low setting on Altis for now if you use IEDs!

thanks!

my problem contionus.i cant preview the missions. any one confirm that or at least tell me whats wrong with this mission is. mission file

Edited by enngerek

my problem contionus.i cant preview the missions. any one confirm that or at least tell me whats wrong with this mission is. mission file

Comrade, please doublecheck your settings! You are using AAF (independent) faction on your Military Placement module but set the Virtual AI controller to command the CSAT (east) faction!

I also suggest that you check your logfile incase of any issues, because this is whats at the end of the RPT...

18:09:07 ALiVE OPCOM EAST Initial analysis done...

18:09:07 There are no profiles for this OPCOM instance! Please assign troops to this OPCOM!

Just set the Virtual AI commander to take over the AAF units by setting the corresponding dropdown and it will work!

enjoy!

^ what he said

Edited by SavageCDN
ninja'd

Comrade, please doublecheck your settings! You are using AAF (independent) faction on your Military Placement module but set the Virtual AI controller to command the CSAT (east) faction!

I also suggest that you check your logfile incase of any issues, because this is whats at the end of the RPT...

18:09:07 ALiVE OPCOM EAST Initial analysis done...

18:09:07 There are no profiles for this OPCOM instance! Please assign troops to this OPCOM!

Just set the Virtual AI commander to take over the AAF units by setting the corresponding dropdown and it will work!

enjoy!

wow, i am working on this about a day, it made me crazy and that simple :) thank you very much.

Okay, I know I've asked this before, but how would you implement player persistence in a nutshell? I want to make it so players can dip in and out of missions whenever they want, or if they suddenly disconnect due to network issues or power outages, they can just reconnect. The issue I see with this is that someone will be able to join another player's slot if they don't know it was already taken by someone. Is there a way around this?

edit: without War Room account, I mean. I just want local persistence in the currently running mission.

Edited by GDent

Okay, I know I've asked this before, but how would you implement player persistence in a nutshell? I want to make it so players can dip in and out of missions whenever they want, or if they suddenly disconnect due to network issues or power outages, they can just reconnect. The issue I see with this is that someone will be able to join another player's slot if they don't know it was already taken by someone. Is there a way around this?

edit: without War Room account, I mean. I just want local persistence in the currently running mission.

Place ALiVE player options with the settings you want to save.

The Persistent data will be kept player wise, so all the gear will applied wether a different slot was used or not. In addition you can set allow different class to "no" if you want players to only spawn in the class they chose on mission start.

to Check for HC activity we run @ASM on the Dedicated server and the HC Client. That way we can ascertain effectiveness.

HC is good, but we find that standard Alive Units use up Significantly more "CPS" or server OH, I assume because of Profiling and Waypoints etc. If you're running monster missions try lowering the numbers of profiles and increaseing the CQB groups. Let the HC take the strain :-)

SJ

does this work by itself? I've tried placing the module and just uploading the mission to the dedicated server, but it doesn't seem to actually work. the slot disappears and i only rejoin as a spectator.

You'll need to set up standard respawn in your mission still. The BI Wiki has details but generally you'll want a respawn=west marker and respawn=base in your description.ext so you have somewhere to spawn back to. Then the Player Options module will handle your persistent gear.

Will it override the respawn location? I don't want anyone respawning anywhere but where they left off.

Thanks a lot, i'll give it a shot

Spotted some unusual looking errors on our latest build on Bornholm

[cos _azi, sin _azi],
[-(sin _azi), cos _azi]>
0:06:28   Error position: <_azi, sin _azi],
[-(sin _azi), cos _azi]>
0:06:28   Error Undefined variable in expression: _azi
0:06:28 File x\alive\addons\x_lib\functions\composition\fnc_spawnComposition.sqf, line 84
0:06:28 Error in expression <elPos", "_newPos"];
_rotMatrix =
[

I assume these are "custom camps" or "Custom roadblocks" ? Not sure.

Also to help me bug test is there anyway to turn ALiVE's debug RPT features OFF ?

i.e. I mean all the message data it drives that doesn't specifically indicate errors - reason I'm asking is that it creates so many messages it's very hard to go through the RPT's now ?

Anyway hopefully there's a clever parameter I can load with to hide them ?

Example of my current mission and you can see what we mean. http://hastebin.com/rinezebeyo.tex

Spotted some unusual looking errors on our latest build on Bornholm

[cos _azi, sin _azi],
[-(sin _azi), cos _azi]>
0:06:28   Error position: <_azi, sin _azi],
[-(sin _azi), cos _azi]>
0:06:28   Error Undefined variable in expression: _azi
0:06:28 File x\alive\addons\x_lib\functions\composition\fnc_spawnComposition.sqf, line 84
0:06:28 Error in expression <elPos", "_newPos"];
_rotMatrix =
[

I assume these are "custom camps" or "Custom roadblocks" ? Not sure.

Also to help me bug test is there anyway to turn ALiVE's debug RPT features OFF ?

i.e. I mean all the message data it drives that doesn't specifically indicate errors - reason I'm asking is that it creates so many messages it's very hard to go through the RPT's now ?

Anyway hopefully there's a clever parameter I can load with to hide them ?

Example of my current mission and you can see what we mean. http://hastebin.com/rinezebeyo.tex

Given we do have a bit of debug messages for CQB and Startup, almost 2/3's of those are both BIS and RHS module debug and object errors.

I've just tested Bornholm with ALiVE on a mission I made before the update. It still crashes the server when the enemies load in. Would it matter if it's a previously made mission? Should I remove and replace the modules?

Yes, removing and replacing the modules should fix it. I've gotten into the habit of completely remaking my missions though just to make sure.

Another thing to do, is check your mission.sqm for any dependencies that shouldn't be there (though you probably already know that).