wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Only tried takistan. But will try other maps later today

So - Might I ask when the Sample missions will be updated to match these versions? I tried to use the ALIVE insurgency but per usual - Editing it to match new standards somehow broke it. (User Error most likely.)

Only tried takistan. But will try other maps later today

Looks like you're not the only one

http://alivemod.com/forum/219-mil-int-grid-squares-0-9-4

hey guys, after the latest update, my arma crashs for some reasons, I rly don't know why

If i creat a LocalHost server, i can start the mission.

But if I try it on a dedicated server via Tadst or a windows server, the server crashs always at "Recieving Data"

My Localhost server is w/o "@AliveServer" and my dedicated server is with "@AliVEserver", maybe there is an issue with the @AliveServer

Do you have a War Room account? If so, make sure you have the latest @ALiVEServer which was just updated recently (you can download from server section in War Room)

http://www.alivemod.com/war-room

Edited by SavageCDN

Looks like you're not the only one

http://alivemod.com/forum/219-mil-int-grid-squares-0-9-4

Do you have a War Room account? If so, make sure you have the latest @ALiVEServer which was just updated recently (you can download from server section in War Room)

http://www.alivemod.com/war-room

I used the @AliVE Server from the download from the armaholic and the Alive side.

I don't find a download link at the war room :(

Edited by Blackswater

It doesn't work on omaha beach map either. The intel ofcourse

I used the @AliVE Server from the download from the armaholic and the Alive side.

I don't find a download link at the war room :(

Ok well I assume the main download has the the most recent version but just in case:

Login to war room

Click on Profiles then Group Details

Click Server Setup Instructions

Under Step 3 click Download

If you are using Windows make sure it doesn't block the included .dll file "for your safety" :p

Ok well I assume the main download has the the most recent version but just in case:

Login to war room

Click on Profiles then Group Details

Click Server Setup Instructions

Under Step 3 click Download

If you are using Windows make sure it doesn't block the included .dll file "for your safety" :p

Ok I found it now. I just deletet the "AliVE Database Module" and the mission works fine now again.

I found out that the Intel doesn't work on Chernarus too.

Edited by Blackswater

So - Might I ask when the Sample missions will be updated to match these versions? I tried to use the ALIVE insurgency but per usual - Editing it to match new standards somehow broke it. (User Error most likely.)

The only missions that are updated and truly supported every release that the missions that come packaged with ALiVE. The mission from the website are user missions placed by permission to show what people have done with ALiVE. Those mission's are only supported by the creator and not ALiVE team.

Ok so now we have HC working with CQB..... server frames are great.

UNTIL we have lots of Standard Alive groups spawned - So my questions is how do we get these onto the HC too.

I know we can drop the max number of active groups, but it seems for whatever reason the server impact of a standard "ALiVE spawn" is significantly higher than say a CQB unit. Possibly because of waypoints or other Ai running. Not sure.

Either way would seem to be the logical next step to get this rolled over to allow HC ?

Edited by serjames

I have problem with making C2ISTAR display the sectors. No matter the settings I cant get the sector or intel display. What am I doing wrong?

The only missions that are updated and truly supported every release that the missions that come packaged with ALiVE. The mission from the website are user missions placed by permission to show what people have done with ALiVE. Those mission's are only supported by the creator and not ALiVE team.

Hazey, Are you one of the authors for the Insurgency ALiVE mission that is available on the ALiVE website? I really like that mission. When I started using it back in May, I added the database module to track my activity/stats and all was good. I started playing again recently and I noticed that the mission no longer works with the ALiVE War Room. So I changed out all the obsolete modules and now it won't work at all. My server is up to date with ALiVE and ALiVE server. Maybe this coming week I'll look at it again. Replacing all the obsolete modules and relinking everything. My goal is to have the mission show players activity and stats in the ALiVE War Room again.

So my questions is how do we get these onto the HC too.

We just have to wait until they add HC support to the profiles module, which doesn't sound easy.

Running {local _x} count allUnits; on the HC, it never really went above 25, so there's plenty of room. (Run @bcombat on the headless client for some extra crazy CQB module AI :))

Suppose this is holding them up too:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21800

I have problem with making C2ISTAR display the sectors. No matter the settings I cant get the sector or intel display. What am I doing wrong?

Hi! Thanks for the report, I found a regression bug in sector display that will be fixed in upcoming update!

Hi! Thanks for the report, I found a regression bug in sector display that will be fixed in upcoming update!

Will this also fix the missing intel?

I too do not see intel systems working at this time....on altis at that....have it all set to yes and heavy intel....

TOO LATE LOOKS LIKE THEY FOUND THE BUG. WILL WAIT IT OUT THEN THANKS A BUNCH!

Anyone having any luck with the NEW IED features? I am stumped, even with the debug on I get no errors but more importantly....I get no IED's :(

I'm gonna wait for one of ARJay's videos..

"ARJay here....."

Love em...

i cant preview mission if i place military ai commnader module ? it stuck on loading screen in editor.existing missions works fine ? if i delete commander module its working.Tried MP modules synced and dont synced nothing changed.i am running cba,alive and agm. played with these modes and made missions tens of times, i couldnt figured out whats wrong.

rpt

mission file

Edited by enngerek

i cant preview mission if i place military ai commnader module ? it stuck on loading screen in editor.existing missions works fine ? if i delete commander module its working.Tried MP modules synced and dont synced nothing changed.i am running cba,alive and agm. played with these modes and made missions tens of times, i couldnt figured out whats wrong.

rpt

mission file

Nothing like this came up in testing.. can you try another test mission with just @CBA_A3 and @ALiVE running?

same problem only with cba and alive, its waiting in the loading screen.if i delete the military ai commander module i can preview mission. i started arma with only cba and alive, made an fresh test mission.

only placed

one player,

alive reguired,

virtual ai,

mil and civ placement modules and one taor marker on pygros

with these i can preview the mission with no problem, after i place the commander module, i cant start mission, its just waiting on loading screen ?

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

i diagnosed the mod files via sixuptader, they are fine.

My server is hanging at loading too. The ALIVE global init does not complete and there's a bunch of C2ISTAR errors. This occurred after the most recent update. Only mission change I've done is put the IED module down. There's also been multiple occurrences of the server actually crashing while loading the mission. I've pulled the RPT and bidmp/mdmp out for review to help diagnose whats up. Link is here.

In the RPT prior to the server crash the following modules do not have a completed time:

• Mil_cqb
  • Mil_placement
  • Mil_require
  • civ_placement
  • mil_opcom
  • mil_logistics

Edited by SpectreRSG

Test mission;

another squad member tried the mission got the same result,you cant start mission unless you delete commander module,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypOi9DIg4hYQzEwblZzV25tWUE/view?usp=sharing

I took a look at your mission and you did not have the AI Commander module synched with either the Civ or Mil placement modules. Once I synched them and previewed in editor the mission loaded. Can you try this and report back if it's still not working?

http://imgur.com/Wp78hRo

Anyone having any luck with the NEW IED features? I am stumped, even with the debug on I get no errors but more importantly....I get no IED's :(

I just tried a clean mission on Stratis with Requires Alive, Virtual AI, Military IED modules and one player. Previewed and got IEDs spawning.. note you have to be within radius of an 'ied area' - should be a yellow circle marker visible with IED debug turned on and IEDs will spawn in once you get within range.

Edited by SavageCDN

didn't bothered syncing, i know its not working but tried again but no luck.

edit:

after waiting a long time its loaded.

Edited by enngerek

didn't bothered syncing, i know its not working but tried again but no luck.

Can you try re-downloading @ALiVE mod from here:

http://www.alivemod.com/#Download

Only thing I can think of is a bad install of the mod if that test mission won't work on your machine as I was able to get the mission to start.