wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Where did you guys download your @ALiVE from? Sounds like corrupted files.

I downloaded it from play with six via the withSix client.

Where did you guys download your @ALiVE from? Sounds like corrupted files.

And I downloaded mine from alivemod.com

And I downloaded mine from alivemod.com

i fixed some missing module functions in develop, but they shouldnt cause any issues either way as the modules them selves are initialised differently.

mind posting me the mission somewhere? will take a look on saturday!

regards

Still can't save a game without having a dedicated server, right? I'd just like to play ALIVE with a couple of friends but we've never been able to save our game and come back to it later.

Still can't save a game without having a dedicated server, right? I'd just like to play ALIVE with a couple of friends but we've never been able to save our game and come back to it later.

I only play with a small group and I run the dedicated server executable on my computer. Better performance than if I was hosting a game through the in-game multiplayer host, and with TADST it's really painless to set up.

Hi

Just a quick question btw love your mod!!

I am making a custom mission with ALiVE and I have multiple Opcom. 6 in total.

2 opcoms per side (one of invade and one on occupation).

I keep getting a message when i start the game saying that each faction is already in use by an opcom.

Will this cause any errors? Is there any reason why you shouldn't use 2 Opcoms per team?

could 2 opcoms control units of the same faction in the same zone on two different military obj placements?

kind regards

0verlord

I think, when you use invade opcom, he alos defend himself. I may be wrong but invade will attack target, and if you take one of opcom targets he start attacking it.

As for occupation, this one only defen. Have you tried only invade opcom?

silly me

Edited by SavageCDN

No Bornholm v1.2 indexing this week. :(

I tried hard already, but need the Arjay to assist me! Issue is, that we identified 960 civilian clusters that makes the civilian placement module not initialise in a sensible amount of time. we need to blacklist some objects that we need to identify before! just as an update, so we are working on it!

You can only have one OPCOM module per SIDE (not per faction)

This is news to me.... So I can only have ONE Opcom for OpFor - regardless of factions used ?

Pretty sure I've had it working with four Opcoms - Blufor, Opcom Rebels Opfor, Opcom Opfor Tanks (RHS_TV) Opcom Opfor Airborne (RHX_VDV)

?

I tried hard already, but need the Arjay to assist me! Issue is, that we identified 960 civilian clusters that makes the civilian placement module not initialise in a sensible amount of time. we need to blacklist some objects that we need to identify before! just as an update, so we are working on it!

You should just ignore all the houses. Keep the apartments. The CQB module with V1.0 would put fireteams on the roof of the 3 stories. It was cool. Ignore windmills too. There's a lot of them on Bornholm.

This is news to me.... So I can only have ONE Opcom for OpFor - regardless of factions used ?

Pretty sure I've had it working with four Opcoms - Blufor, Opcom Rebels Opfor, Opcom Opfor Tanks (RHS_TV) Opcom Opfor Airborne (RHX_VDV)

?

Hey guys!

Maybe just a slight misunderstanding, one OPCOM instance can't handle multiple sides - it can handle multiple factions of one side.

In short, you can have several OPCOMs per side as long as they dont share the same faction. Of course you cant have one OPCOM that handles different sides factions (like CSAT and BLU_G_F). But If i recall correctly, it was really like savage said in the beginnings, but that has already been changed, also Foursome has 2 OPCOMs for BLUFOR!

anyways, off coding

Huge thanks to Tupolov for adding an "International" NATO Flag option for War Room groups! <3 you Tups!

Hey guys!

Maybe just a slight misunderstanding, one OPCOM instance can't handle multiple sides - it can handle multiple factions of one side.

In short, you can have several OPCOMs per side as long as they dont share the same faction. Of course you cant have one OPCOM that handles different sides factions (like CSAT and BLU_G_F). But If i recall correctly, it was really like savage said in the beginnings, but that has already been changed, also Foursome has 2 OPCOMs for BLUFOR!

anyways, off coding

I was gonna say it's been working like that for ages... I though I was having a senile moment. As long as the factions are discreet *Check*

SJ

No it was me having the senile moment :p I think it was different originally as HH said (at least that's the story I'm sticking with lol).

I really enjoy the Insurgency Alive mission created by the Dev Team. If I recall correctly, Tupolov and one other person authored it. Last May, I put up a dedicated server and started playing with the ALiVE mod and I added the Database Module to the Insurgency Alive mission so it would show up in the War Room. All was good. Recently I started playing Insurgency again, but it does not show up in the War Room or track stats. I replaced the Database Module since there have been several updates and it still doesn't work. In fact the mission will not run at all. I tried changing each module (several have been consolidated and renamed) to no avail. Is there a RPT file I can review to try and determine the problem? I can still play the mission in its original form. Thanks!

Snake have you set up your @ALiVEServer and your alive.cfg on your server box yet? The instructions are on the War Room - Profile - Group Details - Server Setup Instructions.

Hi Rath, Yes I have. The two missions included in the last ALiVE update work fine. They show up in the War Room and track activity when I am playing.

I have a quick question

I have two military placement modules, one for mil. obj. and another for civ. obj. I thought that, when synced to a military AI commander module, there would be "communication" between all the units and they would send people to defend areas being attacked. so I set up a mission where a bunch of blufor (manually placed) groups attack an opfor base with an opfor occupied town nearby (simulating the players moving in to attack). basically the guys in town and around the base ignored the attack and kept doing what they were doing.

what I want to know is, how do I make it so if a base or a town is attacked, a nearby force will basically come to the rescue? I could have sworn I read about this being able to happen easily, but I can't figure it out. I have the military placement modules and a logistics module synced to military AI commander, but I don't know where to take it from there.

Well the easy way to make the two Military AI module aware of each other is to synch the modules together. You will need to synch the Mil.Obj.Civ from BLUFOR to the OPFOR one, do the same with the Mil.Obj.Mil. If done correctly, the enemy will be aware of BLUFOR forces and vice versa. If you look in the tutorial section of the ALiVE wiki, you can find a video called "quick and dirty insurgency" (here is the link

). The video is a bit outdated but the modules are the same and you can see exactly how to synch them together.

On the other hand, you could place a custom military objective and set a 500 priority on it for both the Military AI commanders. If you do both of these (synch enemy mil.Obj to allied and add a custom military objective that is synched to both military AI commanders) you will have the results you are looking for.

Be careful with the number of units you put in the mission, their spawn distance and the active limiter for virtualized AI, because synching both OPCOMS will have an impact on perfomance if you have a lot of people fighting.

basically, what I'm trying to do is have it so that the AI will send people to protect a military base when the players attack it. I actually tested this by syncing the OPCOMs to enemy objectives and the BLUFOR one did attack the OPFOR one I wanted, but what I was looking for was OPFOR sending in forces from a nearby town to defend the base while it's being attacked. instead, BLUFOR just attacked the base and all the other forces even just 300m away kept patrolling as if nothing was happening.

On the other hand, you could place a custom military objective and set a 500 priority on it for both the Military AI commanders. If you do both of these (synch enemy mil.Obj to allied and add a custom military objective that is synched to both military AI commanders) you will have the results you are looking for.

this sounds like it might do what I want (except I won't have two OPCOMs since it's the players who will be attacking), so i'll try it. thank you

but if anybody else can chime in that would be nice too. all ideas are welcome