wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Hi,

It completely depends how you set it up! Basically cleared CQB sectors and Virtual AI profiles are both persistet during the game and if you save the server state, also to DB!

But if you use an AI Commander (OPCOM), then it will try to re-capture taken objectives - could be problematic in case of clearing sectors the traditional way. So maybe just use CIV / MIL placement modules! Also CQB allows for dynamic selection of enemy with "dominant faction" setting, i suggest to put that to static in an Insurgency scenario.

When u say that I should save to database and talk about persistance. U mainly mean for multiplayer. Since I am in SP. I don't need to save to database.

so basically if I understood. The commander if present will try to recapture the town. Thats fine by me. Since I am oly going to do a hit and run guerilla scenario. But does your answer mean that If I keep killong the baddies they will get wiped out?

Thank you for ur answer.

If you just use CQB (on Static mode) and a Placement marker but do not use a Military AI Commander, the AI will spawn, occupy the town but not move anywhere. So you can clear the objectives and they'll stay cleared.

Best thing to do is check the wiki and experiment! It's fun to play around with different combinations.

Even a snowballs chance in hell that Bornholm v1.2 gets indexed by this weekend and there's some sort of micro patch for it? Or are we just gonna have to wait on a full release in X number of days?

That depends entirely on whether hell is endothermic or exothermic.

military logistic module in dynamic mode will it select and try to spawn ai on all taor markers ? or is there an radious for that ?

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Military_Logistics

Dynamic - LOGCOM chooses the best insertion point from available friendly held objectives. High Priority objectives such as airfields and military bases with heli pads are preferred. If there are no suitable locations, LOGCOM will look for low priority military establishments or marine civilian locations (sea ports). These have a significantly lower logistics capacity than major military bases and resupply will take longer.

gihzmo, if you have CQB modules down it takes a while to load on larger maps like Altis, in your case. It can take around 10 minutes depending on the server/other addons/etc. I have a very heavily populated Bornholm map for my group that takes 15 minutes to fully initialize (my own fault, not ALiVE's).

Just in case though, you should rule out the other addons possibly causing it - edit the map so that there are only vanilla dependencies in the mission.sqm (ie: only dependencies on @ALiVE and @CBA) and see if the loading time is any better. If it is better, then bring back your addons one by one until you can determine which one is causing an issue.

I've found lately that MCC and ALiVE don't get a long well any more - they still do work together, but I don't recommend it for a persistent ALiVE server.

Anyways, good luck!

I have a feeling that the CQB might be my issue. I have it turned up pretty high, and occupying the entire map. I will scale that back first and see if it has an effect.

---------- Post added at 06:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 AM ----------

[/color]

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Military_Logistics

Dynamic - LOGCOM chooses the best insertion point from available friendly held objectives. High Priority objectives such as airfields and military bases with heli pads are preferred. If there are no suitable locations, LOGCOM will look for low priority military establishments or marine civilian locations (sea ports). These have a significantly lower logistics capacity than major military bases and resupply will take longer.

what about custom military objectives ? i am trying a mission.There are some taor markers very close each other, which works fine and i placed some custom mil.obj. (20/160) far enough to taors. i thought resuplly would come from these, nothing happens ?

Edited by enngerek

Hey guys,

We are receiving an error message on our .rpt but we are not sure if its our fault or if we configured something wrong with ALiVE.

0:54:35 Error select: Type Bool, expected Array,String,Config entry

0:54:35 File x\alive\addons\sys_profile\fnc_profileSimulator.sqf, line 93

0:54:38 Error in expression <{_speedPerSecond = _speedPerSecondArray select 0};

case "NORMAL": {_speedPerSeco>

0:54:38 Error position: <select 0};

I am not sure what to make of this, with the speed thing my guess is its coming from helicopters, and the combat support module. But ill keep on looking if there is any other clue to our problem.

i love the mod just alil hard to learn how everything really works

Your best bet is to start here:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Mission_Editing

There are also YT videos (last link)

Hello brothers,

Please tell me, does ALIVE not work with SP save. I can't save my game in SP?

BR.

Although they've added the ability to save in SP now it is buggy and often crashes with Out of Memory errors. For best results setup a dedicated server on the same PC and connect to it (assign it different cores).. you can then use the WarRoom and database features although you might have to update your WarRoom IP address every so often.

Gihzmo - possibly, though CQB should only spawn when you're nearby. Let us know how you get on.

enngerek - If you set the priority of the Custom Objective very high (say 9999), LOGCOM will likely prioritise it.

Ophelian - not seen in any other rpt's. Could be something to do with the new Heli DLC. Will have to investigate further. Could you raise a bug report on DH please?

WSmith35 - there's full instructions on the wiki and lots of tutorial vids on our website. It's a lot easier than vanilla mission editing!

xXOneShotKillahXx - SP save can be enabled in ALiVE(Required) module. However be warned that ArmA3 will struggle with the amount of stuff being saved and possibly crash, which is why we disable it by default. Saving to the ALiVE DB is much more reliable.

Is it possible to have the persistent saving function done locally? My server admin is not willing to do use the current model as it would be dependant on an external databse. Can you maybe explain me how to change it so it will save it on the local server instead?

There is no capability for local databases. The single biggest reason is we learnt our lessons in MSO days when we got inundated with requests to explain how to set up SQL databases for persistence and we simply do not have the resources to man an IT Support Desk. ALiVE's central database is easy to use, requires minimal effort to set up, works fine and offers many additional benefits besides. There is very little real reason to use a local DB.

We may consider developing local DB functionality in the future but it's way down the priority list and will be on a completely unsupported basis.

Hi all,

I've been doing some testing, and the Military Close Quarters Combat module is not removing the units it spawns as I leave towns. Is it because of the Garbage Collector cycle time, or what is the reason?

This is getting real annoying because I go to one town and it's extremely full of enemies -- go to the next one (driving at a reasonable pace) and it's a ghost town. I Zeus and see the previous town full of CQB AI.

Any help?

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, is it possible to somehow add CQB units to the Virtual AI profiler system? If not, that's fine (I can control with number of spawned units) but I was just wondering. Also, do I need to sync the virtual AI profiler to the Military Placement modules (I think I don't).?

Edited by rasolercrespo
forgot information

it allready works except for database stuff, u need to ./tolower the dir (get it from a2 dedicated linux package)

Hey,

I am running into some issues as well. I did rename all files and dirs in alive to lower chars using the command: rename 'y/A-Z/a-z/' *

This should do the trick?

Hi all,

I've been doing some testing, and the Military Close Quarters Combat module is not removing the units it spawns as I leave towns. Is it because of the Garbage Collector cycle time, or what is the reason?

This is getting real annoying because I go to one town and it's extremely full of enemies -- go to the next one (driving at a reasonable pace) and it's a ghost town. I Zeus and see the previous town full of CQB AI.

Any help?

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, is it possible to somehow add CQB units to the Virtual AI profiler system? If not, that's fine (I can control with number of spawned units) but I was just wondering. Also, do I need to sync the virtual AI profiler to the Military Placement modules (I think I don't).?

Hi,

OFC CQB units will be removed once you get out of their proximity!

Can you tell me which towns you are talking about? Are they near to each others?

And no, you dont need to sync the MP modules to the profiler!

thanks

Hi all,

Any help?

Thanks!

IIRC the despawn distance is 200m more than the spawn distance so make sure you are moving (spawn_distance + 200m) away or more. Also the CQB units will return to the house they spawned in before being deleted so it can take a minute or two for wandering CQB guys to make it home.

CQB units cannot be added to the profiler system as they have their own 'caching' system. No need to sync AI profiler to placement modules.

Bah HH beat me to it!!

Edited by SavageCDN
HH ninja

Your best bet is to start here:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Mission_Editing

There are also YT videos (last link)

Although they've added the ability to save in SP now it is buggy and often crashes with Out of Memory errors. For best results setup a dedicated server on the same PC and connect to it (assign it different cores).. you can then use the WarRoom and database features although you might have to update your WarRoom IP address every so often.

Important: SP save will very likely crash, too much data and also not the whole session could be recovered on loading!

The reason we put that in, is that you can enable it on missions where you dont run ALiVE because it was requested very often!

Hi,

OFC CQB units will be removed once you get out of their proximity!

Can you tell me which towns you are talking about? Are they near to each others?

And no, you dont need to sync the MP modules to the profiler!

thanks

and

IIRC the despawn distance is 200m more than the spawn distance so make sure you are moving (spawn_distance + 200m) away or more. Also the CQB units will return to the house they spawned in before being deleted so it can take a minute or two for wandering CQB guys to make it home.

CQB units cannot be added to the profiler system as they have their own 'caching' system. No need to sync AI profiler to placement modules.

Bah HH beat me to it!!

The towns are Molos and Sofia in Altis. I have the distance set to 700 m for spawning CQB units (very high density, using CAF Aggressor African Pirates spawning Teams). The issue is that I think I am spawning so many units with the CQB module using CAF Aggressor squads (10 man squads) that the towns become impossible to navigate for them and thus path finding is not allowing them to get deleted. Does that make sense?

When I say many AI, I mean around 100 in the town. Many of them (10 guys) crammed in the one house.

I think Molos and Safia are more than 1 KM distance, so they should be despawning (supposing they get to their "starting position", which may be hard due to the extremely large number of AI I am spawning on the map).

I'm just trying to do an Insurgency Altis map with CAF Aggressors units (backed by a few CSAT).

Thanks guys!

EDIT: What is happening is that we go to one town, it's crawling with enemies (100 guys or so...) and we clean it. Then, when we go to other places, there is absolutely no one in any other towns (through CQB placement). Everyone spawns through Mil Placement but I don't get anything from the CQB (no guys in buildings, town are completely ghost-like even though CQB is at 50% in-house placement and very high density). I can't understand what's going on.

Would linking my CQB module to my Mil Placement (Civil Objs) module perhaps work better?

Edited by rasolercrespo
forgot some info

rasol, what other scripts/addons are you using?

Also, try setting the ground spawn distance on your CQB modules to 500 (700m) and see if that helps. If that doesn't work try 357 (500m).

Linking them to your MP modules won't do anything.

The Military Logistics module does not appear to work for me. I place the modules:

ALiVE (Required)

ALiVE Player Options

ALiVE Virtual AI System

Military AI Commander (OPCOM)

Military Placement (Mil. Obj.) (synced to OPCOM)

And the game runs just fine. But as soon as I add the Military Logistics module (synce to OPCOM), I get this error upon previewing the mission: "[Module Init] Module function is missing"

Furthermore, the Mil. Logistics module doesn't seem to work in practice. Even though the debug options are turned on, I recieve no messages about its usage, ever.

I have freshly installed CBA and ALiVE but this issue still persists. My game is installed correctly (verified the game cache) so I don't understand where the problem lies. Do you know what may be causing this?

Thanks!

I'm getting the same error message As Cabot696. I only noticed it when I added the second military placement module.

Actually, it happens as well when I place the civilian population module.

Where did you guys download your @ALiVE from? Sounds like corrupted files.