wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Indeed Bornholm is awesome, and with every new map there will very likely be another object index updates, like there was with Stratis and Altis too. Its the nature of a new map, as its beeing worked on!

As Bornholm atm. is one of the most popular maps, we may need to get in contact with the map maker, so we can do the indexes earlier. We will try to get it done the quickest way possible though!

Maker of Bornholm here :) I will try not to update Bornholm anytime soon. The critical errors have been dealt with and are now fixed in both 1.1 and 1.2 of Bornholm. So Indexing yet another Bornholm hopefully is way out in the future. Let's get playing :)

Link to Bornholm: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184446-Bornholm-Denmark-Terrain

Nice Egil!

Mind shooting me any skype adress of yours so we can get in touch?

By the way! An awesome video of their latest ALiVE operation has been posted on youtube by Devildog Gamer:

Grab a coke and relax...

I am sorry but Alive's multispawn is bugged. Did all I could to spawn in Insertion, but to no avail. Happy with the vanilla way of respawn.

---------- Post added at 19:40 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

Hey!

For persistence gear please use player persistence and multispawn module! Otherwise You could use the A3 Arsenal, or respawn templates! In the Divide & Rule demo there is an example for how to work with respawn templates! Furtermore I will take a look at your stuff tomorrow, you know we all have RL jobs so weekend is big coding time :)

regards

---------- Post added at 10:20 ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 ----------

Yo Kilo!

We will have to do that as A3MP isnt supported anymore! It is a pretty big task as indexing is quite time consumpting, but we will manage it!

---------- Post added at 10:21 ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 ----------

Veng, im taking a look at your mission tomorrow, can you upload it somewhere for me pretty please?

Grazie mille!

Sorry man but the persistence option is already set to Yes. And I play offline as a MP Mission due to the respawn thing. And the Multispawn is buggy too. I am making do with the vanilla way to respawn which I am used to now :)

But still when I respawn my gear is gone and I again have to load it via MCC Arsenal :(

Any ideas?

Haven't played arma in a few months, but I did just update your mod, as I am looking forward to seeing what improvements have been made to your already excellent mod. In my humble opinion, Arma is not worthy of this mod :) But, this mod would not exist without it, so...

I wish you the best of luck in the MANW contest. To me, this, and CSE (which, I am also looking forward to seeing what improvements have been made) are the clear front runners.

Veng, im taking a look at your mission tomorrow, can you upload it somewhere for me pretty please?

PM'ed you Highhead!

I am sorry but Alive's multispawn is bugged. Did all I could to spawn in Insertion, but to no avail. Happy with the vanilla way of respawn.

---------- Post added at 19:40 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

Hi!

Sorry man but the persistence option is already set to Yes. And I play offline as a MP Mission due to the respawn thing. And the Multispawn is buggy too. I am making do with the vanilla way to respawn which I am used to now :)

But still when I respawn my gear is gone and I again have to load it via MCC Arsenal :(

Any ideas?

Hi!

Just to clarify! If you just use regular vanilla respawn system of A3, then there is no persistent gear. In A3 vanilla (even with ALiVE loaded) gear is not kept at all!

If you want your gear to be persistet on respawn (and on disconnect/reconnect), then you need to use the ALiVE Multispawn module and player persistence (ALiVE player options module), with appropriate loadout settings.

Just to proof how Multispawn Insertion is intended to work, including persistent gear (and it actually does) I made a small mission for you:

DOWNLOAD

I even tested A3 vanilla respawn templates with ALiVE running in the background and it also worked as intended (gear is not kept on A3 vanilla respawn). Its an old version of ALiVE Divide & Rule (Demo), a bit outdated but still working fine:

DOWNLOAD

This will show off, how its working!

Please tell me if that helped now.

Regards

PM'ed you Highhead!

Yo mate!

I found some instances where there was no initFunction defined, it was actually intended but that warning definatly not ;) As you point out correctly, it doesnt break anything but I still fixed that message in DEV (will be deployed in upcoming update)! Thanks for pointing it out, mate!

Enjoy!

Just showing more support for ALiVE here... I set up the ALiVE maps for my group and our server - typically the map is set up so that we are constantly outnumbered and outgunned and it is always a struggle which makes it incredibly challenging. Every time it is a different experience even for me when I set up the maps.

Anyways, I recently started putting clips of our Patrols on YouTube to show just how awesome ArmA 3 is with ALiVE:

https://www.youtube.com/user/EvanRath/videos

Lots more videos to come. I'm about a week behind, my internet upload speed is terrible :P

Hi!

Just to clarify! If you just use regular vanilla respawn system of A3, then there is no persistent gear. In A3 vanilla (even with ALiVE loaded) gear is not kept at all!

If you want your gear to be persistet on respawn (and on disconnect/reconnect), then you need to use the ALiVE Multispawn module and player persistence (ALiVE player options module), with appropriate loadout settings.

Just to proof how Multispawn Insertion is intended to work, including persistent gear (and it actually does) I made a small mission for you:

DOWNLOAD

I even tested A3 vanilla respawn templates with ALiVE running in the background and it also worked as intended (gear is not kept on A3 vanilla respawn). Its an old version of ALiVE Divide & Rule (Demo), a bit outdated but still working fine:

DOWNLOAD

This will show off, how its working!

Please tell me if that helped now.

Regards

Thank you for the message man. Really appreciate that. I found a work around for the respawn with same loadout in alive the vanilla way .:)

but like you said, persistence is already turned on brother. When I press save, it freezes my laptop and I have to boot it by the power key. :(

I will check your missions. :)

Just further 3 queries bro, very small ones:

1. I want multiple blu_for and op_for markers (TAORs) throughout Altis and want them to be having a Mil Plac. Basically 200 units for one marker will make good populated missions. If I share those 200 with lets say 4 markers , then that will leave IMHO 200/4 no. of units in a single marker? To tackle this, should I make separate Opcoms for each set of markers where I want a decent deployment?

2. When I am putting down Military Placement module, say I select a Battalion (200). Then in the preference settings I don't want to use one class of units(Light infantry, Armour, Mechanised, Motorised etc.) and rather want to fill in the over ride settings. It says enter no. of groups for override. How can I decide the no. of groups to fully use this pool of 200 units?

2. I want to save my in game status playing even offline as MP Lan game. Im sorry but I am asking you again how to properly use persistence to >start ALive mission offline but a MP Lan game as I play alone and > save the progress atleast.?

Thank you for being patient. :D

You can only have one OPCOM per faction. If you really want to force Placement modules to populate small areas then you'll need to place several markers with a Placement module for each set to Bn+ (200), and sync the Mil AI Comd (OPCOM) up to each one. It's best to use the overrides as a blacklist - so disable the group types you don't want to use.

To have persistence in 'Single' Player, your best bet is to run a local dedicated instance using server.exe, connect to that on your regular ArmA3 client and log it in the War Room with your IP address. Just be sure to update the IP every time it changes (e.g. if your router reboots).

You can only have one OPCOM per faction. If you really want to force Placement modules to populate small areas then you'll need to place several markers with a Placement module for each set to Bn+ (200), and sync the Mil AI Comd (OPCOM) up to each one. It's best to use the overrides as a blacklist - so disable the group types you don't want to use.

To have persistence in 'Single' Player, your best bet is to run a local dedicated instance using server.exe, connect to that on your regular ArmA3 client and log it in the War Room with your IP address. Just be sure to update the IP every time it changes (e.g. if your router reboots).

Thank you for the reply. Ok so that cleared one thing. the placement module population count (200 for eg.) is for each marker and not as a pool to be distributed among all markers. :)

And I have placed just 2 OPCOMS (one for Invasion and other for Occupation) and entered all 3 factions BLU_F, OPF_F, and IND_F as controllable by each OPCOM. Now I will sync these OPCOMS to the respective placement and logistics modules. I guess 2 OPCOMS can control 3 factions this way and discern which placement module is for which faction?

OR will I have to have 6 OPCOMS (Invasion and Occupation for each of the 3 factions) as I am planning a HUUGE mission on ALTIS by using small markers? Thanks again. Long live ALIVE. :)

Heh, I think you're over complicating it! You'd be better off using one OPCOM per side/faction only to keep things simple. Check out the Four Ways demo mission - it's basically a massive war on Altis and it very simply to put together. Have a play, see what you can make work :)

Heh, I think you're over complicating it! You'd be better off using one OPCOM per side/faction only to keep things simple. Check out the Four Ways demo mission - it's basically a massive war on Altis and it very simply to put together. Have a play, see what you can make work :)

Ok MAn thank you.

By the way! For any of you guys having issues with AI in player groups (esp. on respawn)! I think i found a solution finally so you dont loose your AI mates on respawn :) hopefully :)

Dear All,

(Single player action in mind)

I have a question please.

Let's say I have placed all the modules needed to populate the CIV and military installations on a already existing mission. to give it more life.

No OPFOR Commander is configured only AI placed and paroling. If I go in with my AI and clear a town from it's generated enemies placed by CQB and Mill-Placement.

does the enemy respawn or can I consider the town to be completely cleared.

please excuse me if I am asking a stupid question.

BR.

Can you devs please contact me, Alive is crashing on my Panthera map (release this Wednesday), it states something like "script is missing". Any clues what do to?

Thanks.

Can you devs please contact me, Alive is crashing on my Panthera map (release this Wednesday), it states something like "script is missing". Any clues what do to?

Thanks.

Hi IceBreakr,

It hasn't been indexed by us yet, send us a link to the finished map and we will get it indexed for the next release.

Oh and the map is looking Mega mate good work!

Dear All,

(Single player action in mind)

I have a question please.

Let's say I have placed all the modules needed to populate the CIV and military installations on a already existing mission. to give it more life.

No OPFOR Commander is configured only AI placed and paroling. If I go in with my AI and clear a town from it's generated enemies placed by CQB and Mill-Placement.

does the enemy respawn or can I consider the town to be completely cleared.

please excuse me if I am asking a stupid question.

BR.

A little bump in case u didn't see my request.

Thank you.

To those having issues with the CIV or MIL Placement modules not picking up locations within markers, I can confirm (especially on Altis) that Alive apparently gets wrapped around the axle over oval markers.

No issues with rectangular.

Take care.

I am having some issues with Alive doing what I would like. I have a feeling I am doing something wrong... but I am not sure.

What I want to have is an area about 3kx3k for BluFor and the main base, then the rest of the map dedicated to OpFor. I am basically following the basic setup on your wiki. I have also set it to ignore small and medium locations and objectives. However when I get the map up, it loads incredibly slow. So slowly in fact that sometimes the only way I can get into the map is by killing my Arma client and reconnecting. I have tried this on both a dedicated server host as well as a VPS and I get the same result. On the server I have AGM, Alive, CBAA3, ASDG_Attachments,ASDG_JR, Massi's gun pack and the audio fix. I also have the shacktac hud and speed of sound running locally. The mission is an MCC mission that has been modified to include the Alive modules and AGM modules. When I load just MCC and the other mods, it runs perfectly.

I do not know if I am trying to do too much with Alive or if I am missing something. Does anyone have a more up to date insurgency map running on Altis with the latest version of Alive? Even the old Insurgency map from your page I have some issues with. I went in and cleaned up the modules and added a couple vehicles and I ma getting the same slow behavior. Any assistance would be appreciated.

gihzmo, if you have CQB modules down it takes a while to load on larger maps like Altis, in your case. It can take around 10 minutes depending on the server/other addons/etc. I have a very heavily populated Bornholm map for my group that takes 15 minutes to fully initialize (my own fault, not ALiVE's).

Just in case though, you should rule out the other addons possibly causing it - edit the map so that there are only vanilla dependencies in the mission.sqm (ie: only dependencies on @ALiVE and @CBA) and see if the loading time is any better. If it is better, then bring back your addons one by one until you can determine which one is causing an issue.

I've found lately that MCC and ALiVE don't get a long well any more - they still do work together, but I don't recommend it for a persistent ALiVE server.

Anyways, good luck!

I am having some issues with Alive doing what I would like. I have a feeling I am doing something wrong... but I am not sure.

What I want to have is an area about 3kx3k for BluFor and the main base, then the rest of the map dedicated to OpFor. I am basically following the basic setup on your wiki. I have also set it to ignore small and medium locations and objectives. However when I get the map up, it loads incredibly slow. So slowly in fact that sometimes the only way I can get into the map is by killing my Arma client and reconnecting. I have tried this on both a dedicated server host as well as a VPS and I get the same result. On the server I have AGM, Alive, CBAA3, ASDG_Attachments,ASDG_JR, Massi's gun pack and the audio fix. I also have the shacktac hud and speed of sound running locally. The mission is an MCC mission that has been modified to include the Alive modules and AGM modules. When I load just MCC and the other mods, it runs perfectly.

I do not know if I am trying to do too much with Alive or if I am missing something. Does anyone have a more up to date insurgency map running on Altis with the latest version of Alive? Even the old Insurgency map from your page I have some issues with. I went in and cleaned up the modules and added a couple vehicles and I ma getting the same slow behavior. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Hi,

I assume you are just "overdosing" the map! Can you upload it somewhere, so I can take a look (please remove other mods so we have a "clean" environment)?

And yeah - Altis can take some minutes with several MPs and CIV placements and CQB to more than 10% - its just huge!

enjoy

---------- Post added at 18:56 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

A little bump in case u didn't see my request.

Thank you.

Sorry, I obv. missed it!

It completely depends how you set it up! Basically cleared CQB sectors and Virtual AI profiles are both persistet during the game and if you save the server state, also to DB!

But if you use an AI Commander (OPCOM), then it will try to re-capture taken objectives - could be problematic in case of clearing sectors the traditional way. So maybe just use CIV / MIL placement modules! Also CQB allows for dynamic selection of enemy with "dominant faction" setting, i suggest to put that to static in an Insurgency scenario.