wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Hey guys,

Have been working for the last 2 weeks to get our server to work with ALIVE. have followed every documentation on here, and still Persistence doesn't want to work. If anyone could offer support through this it would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to drop me a PM.

Cheers.

Post your issues at alivemod.com/forum and someone will be along to help. You'll need your logs!

I found a bug where the humming bird has units already on the side skirts when used under the "combat support requester" . Id if thats ment to be like that but Im hoping its not.

This one is known, working on a fix, will possibly be in coming patch or next major ALiVE release.

Is there any way to play this mod as Zeus and taking the role of any AI spawned by me?

I set up "Alive" mission with "Zeus" game logic unit and everything is OK until I spawn my own AI unit and take control of it. Then all "Alive" units disappear - they are invisible for me and my unit for them. If I release the control of the unit, they suddenly spawn around my AI and kill it.

Is there a command I can execute in the init of the newly spawned by me unit that can help "Alive" to recognize it and "un-reveal" all of the AI groups near me?

Thanks

Edited by helldesign

helldesign, if you use a playable unit for Zeus instead of a gamelogic, ALiVE will un-profile around wherever your Zeus "entity/camera" is.

To set it up, place your playable unit down, and name it ZEUS (just an example - you can name it anything), then in the Zeus - Game Master module, put ZEUS in the ID field (where you used to be able to use #adminLogged before Bohemia broke it).

helldesign, if you use a playable unit for Zeus instead of a gamelogic, ALiVE will un-profile around wherever your Zeus "entity/camera" is.

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I don't want to play with the Zeus unit because when it dies - game over (I'm playing singleplayer). It's just a lot more "comfy" to choose from the list the type of unit you need at the moment and play with it or spawn few different units and try out all of them.

So is it mission impossible to play this mod with AI controlled by Zeus? Is there any *magic* script command executed in the unit's init that will reveal/spawn the AI's around it?

Edited by helldesign

Hmm, ok helldesign try this:

Use a playable Zeus unit like I said, open Zeus interface, go to Modules, Zeus, then drag the Remote Control module onto the ai you want to control and see if ALiVE stuff spawns for you. Not sure if it will be game over when you die in SP, but in MP it just jumps back to your player for me.

OK I just tried it but same thing happened.

If the spawned AI unit is far away from the Zeus Player unit, as soon as I drop the "Remote control" module - every "Alive" AI disappear.

I guess the only way to play it with controlled AI is to drag with me the Zeus Player unit, but I don't think that's an option.

when it dies - game over (I'm playing singleplayer).

I suggest you run a local dedicated server and connect to it, even when playing as singleplayer! You can use respawn, and even save mission with persistence.

Furthermore FPS are much better on your client and you can even assign seperate CPU cores to the arma3server.exe, while using other cores for arma3.exe.

Its simple, basically just run up arma3server.exe on the same machine with the same mods as you do with arma3.exe :)

Hope that helps for now, as i didnt look into your ZEUS stuff yet!

Thanks for the advice.

I'll give a try to the dedi server and see if I have better performance. BTW which one of this two options "virtualize all editor units except synced" and "only virtualize synced units" in the Virtual AI Systems module has bigger performance impact? I guess its the 1st one but not very sure and is the difference (in the performance) big or minor?

First of all, awesome mod! Congrats!

I'm having a problem on my mission. I placed a Player Combat Support (Transport) module, and changed the transport vehicle type to B_Heli_Transport_01_camo_F , which is a mh-9. Problem is that besides having a Pilot/Co-Pilot the benches are occupied by 2 soldiers on each side. Is there a way to remove them?

I can't seem to get it working with deleteVehicle (Heli turretUnit [ 0 ]);

edit: for dumbness, already replied in last page. Sorry!

Edited by howzcat

This is because BIS's rather simplistic way of enabling firing from vehicles is to change every seat into a turret. Since ALiVE puts AI in turrets we now have dudes in every seat. We're trying to figure out how to differentiate between a regular turret and a FFV turret without having to completely re-write everything and break Persistence in the process. Nobody ever said modding wasn't a challenge.

If I may ask a question here,

How does one disable the garbage collector in the "ALIVE Required" module?

Should I just putt " -1 " in the boxes or leave it empty?

Hello!

I've noticed an issue using RHS: Escalation while playing with ALiVE. On the Russian side, namely the VVS Mi24 variants, aren't recognized as a CAS helicopters by the ALiVE Player Combat Support, leading the unit to be always combat ineffective; I have tested out the vanilla helicopters without moving the module to make sure that it wasn't a terrain issue, which it wasn't. The AH64D works fine because it is under the overall faction of US Army, however since the Russian sides are all divided up, this seems to be causing issues. I went on the ALiVE wiki and sure enough the supported factions are only the MSV, VDV and TV. I really like playing as the Russians, and it just sucks to have no air support while playing ALiVE. I also asked on the RHS forum, and I was told to also post this issue here. Will you be including the other Russian sub factions from the mod namely the Russian Airfoce (VVS)?

*EDIT* Upon further testing using the SU 25 from the same faction as the Hind, it seems to work, so this seems to be an isolated issue involving the Mi24 P and V variants.

Edited by 5harp5hot

Hello!

I've noticed an issue using RHS: Escalation while playing with ALiVE. On the Russian side, namely the VVS Mi24 variants, aren't recognized as a CAS helicopters by the ALiVE Player Combat Support, leading the unit to be always combat ineffective; I have tested out the vanilla helicopters without moving the module to make sure that it wasn't a terrain issue, which it wasn't. The AH64D works fine because it is under the overall faction of US Army, however since the Russian sides are all divided up, this seems to be causing issues. I went on the ALiVE wiki and sure enough the supported factions are only the MSV, VDV and TV. I really like playing as the Russians, and it just sucks to have no air support while playing ALiVE. I also asked on the RHS forum, and I was told to also post this issue here. Will you be including the other Russian sub factions from the mod namely the Russian Airfoce (VVS)?

Thanks for the report, we will take a look at CAS and RHS

Can you look at all combat support modules for RHS? The uh60 does not work on US side either, although it does spawn when air units are selected in the mil placement module. Also the artillery does not fire for some reason. It shows up but you can't call fire missions. Thanks heaps, loving ALiVE and RHS they are meant for each other.

Hello!

*EDIT* Upon further testing using the SU 25 from the same faction as the Hind, it seems to work, so this seems to be an isolated issue involving the Mi24 P and V variants.

I think that this only became an issue after the helicopter update from bis. I had a mission with VVS hind support that I made and it worked up until this latest update.

I think that this only became an issue after the helicopter update from bis. I had a mission with VVS hind support that I made and it worked up until this latest update.

I have not been able to use the uh60 as combat transport since RHS was released so I don't think it was the last update.

Been using ALiVE for a while now. Hands down an amazing must-have for ArmA. Super cool.

Only major issues I can think of right now, is Artilary Support seams to rarely work for us, and the big one for me is... Vehicles. Armor! They always seam to spawn in and drive in small patrol loops. VERY annoying. Anyone else?

1. Possible to have them just spawn with engines OFF and sitting on stationary patrol?

2. And also have them patrol on long patrol waypoints if in a patrol mode?

Been using ALiVE for a while now. Hands down an amazing must-have for ArmA. Super cool.

Only major issues I can think of right now, is Artilary Support seams to rarely work for us, and the big one for me is... Vehicles. Armor! They always seam to spawn in and drive in small patrol loops. VERY annoying. Anyone else?

1. Possible to have them just spawn with engines OFF and sitting on stationary patrol?

2. And also have them patrol on long patrol waypoints if in a patrol mode?

Agree with this, I kinda get it for smaller APC's etc, but you often get arty or large tank groups just mashing trees in a loop - making LOTS of noise and looking un-realistic as they're normally unsupported vehicles.

Ripe for pillage from the air normally.

So I've noticed that when ALiVE is active every unit in a mission is constantly being added to all the curators in the mission. Is there a reason it's being done this way instead of the units from ALiVE being added as they're spawned in?

It basically breaks any versus scenarios that incorporate the curator's functionality and I also don't believe it's the best method performance-wise.

So I've noticed that when ALiVE is active every unit in a mission is constantly being added to all the curators in the mission. Is there a reason it's being done this way instead of the units from ALiVE being added as they're spawned in?

It basically breaks any versus scenarios that incorporate the curator's functionality and I also don't believe it's the best method performance-wise.

ALiVE adds any unit that spawns by using an extended event handler on units init, it shouldn't run constantly, but obviously when you move away units are despawned, and when you return they are spawned and need to be added back to the curators.

Thanks for the response, I hadn't had the time to open it up and look at what it was actually doing so I assumed it was just running a loop or something.

I'm not sure how extending the init event handler works exactly, but would it be feasible for a module to be added that allows the disabling of the units being added?

Its the medical .pbo that is the problem....

I removed all suggested @agm .pbo's ( AGM googles, explosives, scopes or medical) and reintroduced one at a time. When I reintroduce the medical .pbo your kills, rounds fired etc... are recorded but switching up weapons mid battle it stops recording your kills, rounds etc... to War Room.

T or highhead

anything new here with @agm war room conflicts?

Did this latest update from BIS screw some things up with alive? Whenever I try and save and exit the server, saving progess gets hung up on player logistics, even if I have no player logistics module in the mission. I've included a bit of the rpt file, the portion where I initiate save and exit, saving progress hangs, so I just exit. I want to make sure that this isn't user error on my part.

ALiVE Abort - mode: REMSAVE
ALiVE Abort - [REMSAVE] !(Admin) Ending mission
--------------------------------------------------------------
ALiVE Abort - mode: SAVESERVERYO
[8105,215.876,112.413,"x\alive\addons\main\fnc_buttonAbort.sqf:41","PLAYER CLICKING ON ABORT BUTTON: _this=["REMSAVE"]"]
[8105,215.876,112.413,"x\alive\addons\main\fnc_buttonAbort.sqf:41","PLAYER CLICKING ON ABORT BUTTON: _this=["SAVESERVERYO","xxxxxxxxxxx"]"]
ALiVE Abort - Saving Server
ADMIN UID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ADMIN: O Alpha 1-1:1 (xxxxxx) REMOTE
ADMIN OWNER: 3
ALIVE Profile Handler - Un-Register Profile [player_0]
ALiVE Pausing state of ALiVE_ALiVE_mil_OPCOM instance set to true!
ALiVE Pausing state of ALiVE_ALiVE_sys_profile instance set to true!
ALiVE Pausing state of ALiVE_ALiVE_mil_command instance set to true!
ALiVE Pausing state of ALiVE_ALiVE_fnc_analysis instance set to true!
ALiVE Abort - Server Save OPCOM State
ALiVE OPCOM - Saving data
ALiVE OPCOM - Save data complete 0.0189972
Error in expression <!(isNil "_results")) then {
{
_result = _x;

_messages = _result select 1;
if(co>
 Error position: <_x;

if(co>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _x
File x\alive\addons\main\fnc_buttonAbort.sqf, line 150
{
_result = _x;

if(co>

if(co>
ALiVE Abort - Server Save Logistics State
Error in expression < "_result")) then {
if(count _messages > 0) then {>
 Error position: <select 1;
 Error select: Type Bool, expected Array,String,Config entry
File x\alive\addons\main\fnc_buttonAbort.sqf, line 202
c:\w\stable\futura\lib\network\networkserver.cpp ClearNetServer:NOT IMPLEMENTED - briefing!

Did this latest update from BIS screw some things up with alive? Whenever I try and save and exit the server, saving progess gets hung up on player logistics, even if I have no player logistics module in the mission. I've included a bit of the rpt file, the portion where I initiate save and exit, saving progress hangs, so I just exit. I want to make sure that this isn't user error on my part.

ALiVE Abort - mode: REMSAVE
ALiVE Abort - [REMSAVE] !(Admin) Ending mission
ALiVE Abort - mode: SAVESERVERYO
[8105,215.876,112.413,"x\alive\addons\main\fnc_buttonAbort.sqf:41","PLAYER CLICKING ON ABORT BUTTON: _this=["REMSAVE"]"]
[8105,215.876,112.413,"x\alive\addons\main\fnc_buttonAbort.sqf:41","PLAYER CLICKING ON ABORT BUTTON: _this=["SAVESERVERYO","xxxxxxxxxxx"]"]
ALiVE Abort - Saving Server
ADMIN UID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ADMIN: O Alpha 1-1:1 (xxxxxx) REMOTE
ADMIN OWNER: 3
ALIVE Profile Handler - Un-Register Profile [player_0]
ALiVE Pausing state of ALiVE_ALiVE_sys_profile instance set to true!
ALiVE Pausing state of ALiVE_ALiVE_mil_command instance set to true!
ALiVE Pausing state of ALiVE_ALiVE_fnc_analysis instance set to true!
ALiVE Abort - Server Save OPCOM State
ALiVE OPCOM - Saving data
ALiVE OPCOM - Save data complete 0.0189972
{
_result = _x;

if(co>

if(co>
{
_result = _x;

if(co>

if(co>
ALiVE Abort - Server Save Logistics State
Error in expression < "_result")) then {
 Error position: <select 1;
 Error select: Type Bool, expected Array,String,Config entry
File x\alive\addons\main\fnc_buttonAbort.sqf, line 202
c:\w\stable\futura\lib\network\networkserver.cpp ClearNetServer:NOT IMPLEMENTED - briefing!

I have the same problem, tried a few things that ARjay mentioned but didn't help. This was before the update too, so I don't know what is going wrong. I was getting hung on player logistics, the server report states that game has finished but is still running and the tablet is open stuck on logistics. Hope it gets fixed.