wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Nice, but why AiA TP, its unstable/broken compared to A3MP, what happend to A3MP support/dev?

it's the other way

A3MP is unstable/broken and for a very long time not updated compared to AiA Terrain Pack

I'm kinda new to arma and looking for an AI mod.

Can I just say, while your first post here might suit people used to your mod - it doesn't offer a lot of info for people looking for a good overview of what the mod does ?

It more handles "what's in this release" etc.. and doesn't really tell me a lot of what I could expect.

I know from reading up on Jester814's youtube channel that the 15th MEU Realism guys use it - which is why I'm here. I just can't tell as a newcomer "why" they use it over something else ?

A lot of what I see on the wiki seems to revolve around mission creation. A few of my friends and I are playing some Dynamic Universal War System - is this the AI mod for me? Or should I be looking more along the lines of bcombat ?

Thanks for any help.

Edited by thefinn

I'm kinda new to arma and looking for an AI mod.

Can I just say, while your first post here might suit people used to your mod - it doesn't offer a lot of info for people looking for a good overview of what the mod does ?

It more handles "what's in this release" etc.. and doesn't really tell me a lot of what I could expect.

I know from reading up on Jester814's youtube channel that the 15th MEU Realism guys use it - which is why I'm here. I just can't tell as a newcomer "why" they use it over something else ?

A lot of what I see on the wiki seems to revolve around mission creation. A few of my friends and I are playing some Dynamic Universal War System - is this the AI mod for me? Or should I be looking more along the lines of bcombat ?

Thanks for any help.

This mod does not handle low level ai, it is a more of a commander role. The ai you are looking for is more like bcombat, asrai, aiss or vcomai. Of which you will have to get and try each one and pick the one that suits you best. Personally with ALiVE i get some great moments using asrai and now aiss. ALiVE is more for making a persistent battle field with which to have some truly great times.

This isn't really an AI mod. This is about creating large scale whole map missions quickly with a number of support functions available to players and admins. The AI are controlled by strategic military commanders. However, for AI reaction and combat instincts, you'll need an appropriate AI mod.

My recommendation would be to create your MP mission with ALiVE and then add your AI mod on top.

(Plus we track everything that happens in game on a publicly available web service)

War Room Culprit mod is Authentic Gameplay Mod

( @agm)

Everything records if you grab a vanilla weapon NATO or CSAT but if you switch weapons mid battle it stops recoding kills , shots fired etc ....vanilla weapon or otherwise

Remove @agm and war room recording works as advertised .

@agm also jacks with the radio debug for the alive support radio but that can be fixed by removing the @ agm radio . Pbo.

This blows because @agm is a badass mod and the war room is a badass feature but here in Arma country you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Thanks for the help T

Edited by kyboshsteinski

Thanks for the heads up, we will take a look and try and figure something out with the AGM guys

Edit: taken a quick look and it is likely either AGM googles, explosives, scopes or medical. Could you test with removing these to see if they stop interfering with war room?

Edited by Tupolov

Having some trouble on a mission I am running. I am not sure from where the issue comes from, but it started around the time we updated ALive to the latest version.

If I spawn any kind of men via Zeus, they are invincible to all kind of damage. Doesnt matter if I spawn friendly, enemy or civilian units. Right now we are running these mods:

@cba_a3

@AllInArmaTerrainPack

@alive

@bwa3

@caf_ag

@caf_ag_audiopatch

@cse

@st_stamina_bar

@sthud_a3

@task_force_radio

@rhs_rfrf3

@rhs_usf3

Has anyone else ever had the same or similar issues lately?

I've got a couple of feature requests/ideas:

I'd love to have an option for the AI commander's general expansion strategy. Right now it sends groups all across the map depending on objective priority. Sending infantry to an objective 10km away just because it's 100 priority and the objectives around our base are 30 priority is kind of questionable, although i see why it does that. An option for a more territorial based expansion strategy would be great (Expand "borders" around starting point by attacking close objectives, chosen depending on priority).

Also, some kind of limitation options regarding the intel within the C2istar module would be great. I've got a 3 sided mission with 1 occupying force (OPFOR) and 2 sides with randomly placed bases (BLUFOR and INDFOR). Playing blu the intel will automatically reveal the ind base position, which kind of sucks for my mission. Being able to exclude sides from the intel would be nice.

And a question: Is it somehow possible to keep the debug mode of AI commanders, with its objective map markers colored depending on ownership of the objective, on when playing on a dedicated server? Or, alternatively, keep the intel coverage of objectives from fading out? As checking ownership of an objective via function is not possible via API's, this is the only way to get it to work for me right now.

I'm having trouble adding a killed eventhandler to civilians managed by ALiVE.

So far I've got something that works inconsistently and I'd like to be able to use it for all purposes:

non-/profiled civilians, non -/synchronized civilians, non -/virtualized civilians, editor placed civilians, civilians spawned by other scripts, civilians spawned by ALiVE.

I've tried the extended_init_eventhandlers with an execVM and the extended_killed_eventhandlers but I can't find a consistent solution that I can use for all missions.

//description.ext
class Extended_PreInit_Eventhandlers {
   unit_killed_preinit = "ROE_civ_fnc = compile preprocessFile 'scripts\ROE_civ.sqf'" ;
};
class Extended_Killed_EventHandlers {

class Civilian_F {
       man_killed = "_this call ROE_civ_fnc";
   };
};

//script
//ROE_civ_fnc = {

//if (!isServer) exitWith {};
(_this select 0) addEventHandler ["Killed",{
private ["_unit","_atkr","_msg"];
_unit = _this select 0;
   _atkr = _this select 1;

if (isPlayer _atkr && {_unit != _atkr}) then {
       	_msg = " ROE: " + (name _atkr) + " killed a civilian ";
       	[_msg, "systemChat"] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;
   	};
}];
//};

I've tried so many combinations, any ideas?

Thanks for the heads up, we will take a look and try and figure something out with the AGM guys

Edit: taken a quick look and it is likely either AGM googles, explosives, scopes or medical. Could you test with removing these to see if they stop interfering with war room?

Its the medical .pbo that is the problem....

I removed all suggested @agm .pbo's ( AGM googles, explosives, scopes or medical) and reintroduced one at a time. When I reintroduce the medical .pbo your kills, rounds fired etc... are recorded but switching up weapons mid battle it stops recording your kills, rounds etc... to War Room.

Out of curiosity, can the persistent database be set up for a LAN game(using something like inidbi), or is it only for dedicated servers via the war room? And if so, is there a tutorial somewhere of how to set it up?

I like making large scale missions, however, they tend to crash SP when saving.

Its the medical .pbo that is the problem....

I removed all suggested @agm .pbo's ( AGM googles, explosives, scopes or medical) and reintroduced one at a time. When I reintroduce the medical .pbo your kills, rounds fired etc... are recorded but switching up weapons mid battle it stops recording your kills, rounds etc... to War Room.

Hey comrade! Thanks for providing feedback! Thas good to know! Tup pingged the AGM guys already, but we will also look at it on our side! Maybe there is an removeAllEventhandlers blaah somewhere in there, that makes it break - but its just a guess!

---------- Post added at 10:25 ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 ----------

Out of curiosity, can the persistent database be set up for a LAN game(using something like inidbi), or is it only for dedicated servers via the war room? And if so, is there a tutorial somewhere of how to set it up?

I like making large scale missions, however, they tend to crash SP when saving.

Yeah! Do it like me and run a local dedicated server either on a different PC in your LAN or even on the same machine you play on.

It behaves a like any dedicated server and you can save your session to DB this way fine, just register your server at WarRoom (you will need a static IP, or just change it to your current IP in the server setup section)! Works like a charm!

Im sure this has been asked somewhere in the last 427 pages but its unreasonable to go through that many pages just to find (I hope a simple answer) How do we assign the keyboard key for alive? I got a new keyboard today and only after I got it home I noticed that it didn't have a "apps" key. Am I up shits creek or what?

Yeah! Do it like me and run a local dedicated server either on a different PC in your LAN or even on the same machine you play on.

It behaves a like any dedicated server and you can save your session to DB this way fine, just register your server at WarRoom (you will need a static IP, or just change it to your current IP in the server setup section)! Works like a charm!

Awesome, I got it working mostly.

after taking a break from arma for a couple months, ALIVE will no longer run on my dedicated server. I've updated it, I've double checked and double checked again that I have no spelling errors in my command line, I've made new missions as well as trying some of the sample missions available. it works fine on a local server, but on a dedicated it just kicks me back to the mission list whenever I choose any mission that has alive enabled. what am I missing here

edit: I figured out it was actually a corrupt update to the game that was causing the problem.

Edited by Bruhmis

I have an odd issue where I am forcing all my objective and AI modules to force faction to RHS OPFOR/BLUFOR factions, yet sometimes I still see Iranian infantry spawn. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

I have an odd issue where I am forcing all my objective and AI modules to force faction to RHS OPFOR/BLUFOR factions, yet sometimes I still see Iranian infantry spawn. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Hey comrade!

Is that also happening with the template RHS mish on stratis (some pages back)?

If so would be cool if you told me the repro steps or some more info on how to replicate it the best way so we can nail and thixckss the issue more easily!

Grazie mille!

I've been using RHS with alive and I can't say I've seen this one yet. Perhaps try and manually set the spawn values one at a time and see which categories spawn the csat soldiers. Example, set infantry to 4 and the rest to 0 and see what spawns, then set motorized to 4 and the rest to 0, ect, ect. It may be the spec-ops category, because so far I've always set that to 0 instead of leaving it blank. That might be why I haven't seen them yet.

I found a bug where the humming bird has units already on the side skirts when used under the "combat support requester" . Id if thats ment to be like that but Im hoping its not.

Hey guys,

Have been working for the last 2 weeks to get our server to work with ALIVE. have followed every documentation on here, and still Persistence doesn't want to work. If anyone could offer support through this it would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to drop me a PM.

Cheers.

It's been problematic trying to keep up with BIS changes. We'll probably be rolling back to an older method for persistence now they've fixed some bugs in the latest release. Expect a patch within the next few days. Hopefully this may help.