wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

ARjay I forgot to mention also, and this May be the fault but when I exit a game the 'save & exit server (admin)' and 'exit server (admin)' don't do anything but the 'exit player' does and says it saved. Not sure why the first two options are not working, I select them but nothing at all happens. I'll try and get a report soon for you. Thanks heaps.

hmm thats a problem :) Are you logged in as server admin? do you have the latest version of ALiVE (0.9). The 1.32 release of arma 3 broke the admin detection in 0.8 ALiVE, so you need to be on 0.9 for it to detect you as admin.

hmm thats a problem :) Are you logged in as server admin? do you have the latest version of ALiVE (0.9). The 1.32 release of arma 3 broke the admin detection in 0.8 ALiVE, so you need to be on 0.9 for it to detect you as admin.

Hey ARjay, I am kinda reluctant to post this as now everyone will know I am a total noob when it comes to this sort of stuff but problem solved. I was not logged in as the server admin. Just logged in and it saved!! So is there anything special I now have to do to reload the mission persistence? If I go back into the server do I have to do anything to get back to where I was??

You help here is really appreciated thanks.

Hey ARjay, I am kinda reluctant to post this as now everyone will know I am a total noob when it comes to this sort of stuff but problem solved. I was not logged in as the server admin. Just logged in and it saved!! So is there anything special I now have to do to reload the mission persistence? If I go back into the server do I have to do anything to get back to where I was??

You help here is really appreciated thanks.

If you saw the saving tablet interface when you server saved, the data should be restored when you come back into the server.

MSO was better because the persistence wasnt this centralized web 2.0 nazi bullshit and you could actually run your own server. guess we're not trusted to do that anymore huh, have to register on your bullshit website that doesnt even fucking work so you can get your pathetic little page views. i guess its asking too much now to be able to just start a server and play the fucking game, gotta wait a few days for my activation email, gotta register my profile, gotta update my group info, gotta put the server info on the site, gotta do everything except play the game and have it work. you take yourself too seriously with your glossed up photoshopped gamebox while ALIVE isnt even half as good, free or powerful as MSO. i wouldnt even be perturbed if you had just given the option to be able to host the persistence data yourself, but you dont even give an option at all its frustrating youre just forced to use something that doesnt work like healthcare.gov

MSO was better because the persistence wasnt this centralized web 2.0 nazi bullshit and you could actually run your own server. guess we're not trusted to do that anymore huh, have to register on your bullshit website that doesnt even fucking work so you can get your pathetic little page views. i guess its asking too much now to be able to just start a server and play the fucking game, gotta wait a few days for my activation email, gotta register my profile, gotta update my group info, gotta put the server info on the site, gotta do everything except play the game and have it work. you take yourself too seriously with your glossed up photoshopped gamebox while ALIVE isnt even half as good, free or powerful as MSO. i wouldnt even be perturbed if you had just given the option to be able to host the persistence data yourself, but you dont even give an option at all its frustrating youre just forced to use something that doesnt work like healthcare.gov

wow.. just wow.. well I not sure I should bother replying to an obvious troll or bizarrely paranoid conspiracy theorist, but here goes

The decision to go for a centralised DB was to cut down on mysql support requests primarily, because believe it or not we have better things to do with our time than guide people through setting up and maintaining a database.

I don't think it's that much of a headache to register to the warroom, if you encountered any specific errors, please report them to our issue tracker.

again.. wow

ARJay, you guys are doing a brilliant job. Don't take the opinions of mongs to heart.

ALIVE is the best thing to happen to ArmA 3 (apart from Rendo) and I hope that it's here for a damn long time to come.

P.S. Rendo for president.

Definitely a troll with nothing better to do ARjay. So back to my days of our lives drama with my game. I am now getting the save tablet but for some reason it hangs when it gets to saving Player Logistics and does not go further. I have been watching it for about 3 minutes or so and nothing. I can escape out of the tab but cant get back in as the server command window telling me the game has finished. Any ideas. I will remove the Player Logistics persistence in the mission and see what happens but kinda need that stuff to save.

Definitely a troll with nothing better to do ARjay. So back to my days of our lives drama with my game. I am now getting the save tablet but for some reason it hangs when it gets to saving Player Logistics and does not go further. I have been watching it for about 3 minutes or so and nothing. I can escape out of the tab but cant get back in as the server command window telling me the game has finished. Any ideas. I will remove the Player Logistics persistence in the mission and see what happens but kinda need that stuff to save.

Sometimes it can take a while to save, do you have lots of stuff on the ground or something?

Sometimes it can take a while to save, do you have lots of stuff on the ground or something?

Nope, I have maybe 5 manually placed vehicles the rest is spawned in via ALiVE, I'll have a play around with it. Cant be bothering you with it all day long. Can I upload my report file for you to have a look at though?, I noticed there is a fair bit of ALiVE error stuff happening and it really means nothing to me..

Nope, I have maybe 5 manually placed vehicles the rest is spawned in via ALiVE, I'll have a play around with it. Cant be bothering you with it all day long. Can I upload my report file for you to have a look at though?, I noticed there is a fair bit of ALiVE error stuff happening and it really means nothing to me..

Yep sure, can you create an account on the ALiVE forum and post any details there.

Alright after further testing I think I nailed down the issue -

ALiVE appears to be having issues with the IF maps w/ battles consisting of over 1600 men. I do not know why, but the performance issues and desync go away completely if I paste the mission over into Altis.

Also - an odd performance issues that appears to be happening w/ ALIVE on the IF maps, is when you look at the ground, you're fps plummets down too below the teens. Very strange

I originally posted this in the RHS thread, but was told to post this here. I've been having some issues with alive when used in conjunction with RHS.

1. The AICommander only assigns groups with BMP-2s to random patrols, never to attack an objective. I've tested this using the mechanized BMP-2 squad group and swapping out the BMP-2 with every other russian vehicle from the mod. Doesn't seem to be an issue with BMP-1, BTRs, or BMDs, they all mount up and beeline straight to the nearest objective.

2. The military placement module(Civ, mil, and Cus) don't spawn mechanized units. I've tested this using the unit over ride fields in the placement modules, set all values except mechanized to 0 and the only things that spawn are infantry. Lots of infantry. Setting all but motorized to 0 will spawn trucks, setting all but armored to 0 spawns tanks, ect, ect.

3. The artillery from RHS can't be used with alive's player support module. The artillery will show up on the menu, but there's no selectable fire missions.

3. The artillery from RHS can't be used with alive's player support module. The artillery will show up on the menu, but there's no selectable fire missions.

I just had a fiddle with this one, doesn't seem to be any way around it - the vehicle, ammo and mobility are hardcoded and only have the Arma3 units in there at the moment. When the mission starts, alive thinks the arty is out of ammo.

The only way would be to overwrite one of their functions (NEO_fnc_artyUnitAvailableRounds) but I doubt they'd be too happy with that so I won't do it.

I could throw them a list of all the vehicles / rounds to add if they wanted the help though.

I originally posted this in the RHS thread, but was told to post this here. I've been having some issues with alive when used in conjunction with RHS.

1. The AICommander only assigns groups with BMP-2s to random patrols, never to attack an objective. I've tested this using the mechanized BMP-2 squad group and swapping out the BMP-2 with every other russian vehicle from the mod. Doesn't seem to be an issue with BMP-1, BTRs, or BMDs, they all mount up and beeline straight to the nearest objective.

2. The military placement module(Civ, mil, and Cus) don't spawn mechanized units. I've tested this using the unit over ride fields in the placement modules, set all values except mechanized to 0 and the only things that spawn are infantry. Lots of infantry. Setting all but motorized to 0 will spawn trucks, setting all but armored to 0 spawns tanks, ect, ect.

1. Not sure what thats about will need to look into it

2. Yep thats an issue I will be working on over the weekend, looks like some of the groups got missed out when I made the mappings for RHS.

3. Will look into that hopefully with bhaz's help!

---------- Post added at 15:24 ---------- Previous post was at 15:22 ----------

I just had a fiddle with this one, doesn't seem to be any way around it - the vehicle, ammo and mobility are hardcoded and only have the Arma3 units in there at the moment. When the mission starts, alive thinks the arty is out of ammo.

The only way would be to overwrite one of their functions (NEO_fnc_artyUnitAvailableRounds) but I doubt they'd be too happy with that so I won't do it.

I could throw them a list of all the vehicles / rounds to add if they wanted the help though.

bhaz, if you could that would be awesome if you could work out the correct settings for artillery for RHS!

I did an edit of Insurgency ALiVE template mission from Alive Team using RHS units and vehicles

on Chernarus map with revive, Virtual Arsenal, VAS, IED's, Halo

and if you prefer to play over LAN there is also a AI recruit mission parameter.

I can upload this mission if anyone interested.

Edited by maquez

I did an edit of Insurgency ALiVE template mission from Alive Team using RHS units and vehicles

and if you prefer to play over LAN there is also a AI recruit mission parameter.

very interested :)

yes please.

Not trying to be a pest but is the 0.9 update going to be pushed out to Six Update servers or do we need to install it manually?? Thanks for all of the teams hard work on this great addition to A3!!

Not trying to be a pest but is the 0.9 update going to be pushed out to Six Update servers or do we need to install it manually?? Thanks for all of the teams hard work on this great addition to A3!!

Unfortunately we don't control PWS so nothing we can do other than let them know it's available. For now you will have to manually install. (It's very simple - just like any mod. You don't need to install any complex SQL dB's on your dedi because we do it all for you with our massively straight forward 'web 2 Nazi bullshit system' ;) )

does the AI use jets now ?

Yeah they do! But due to an issue with taxi-ing they wont start from their hangars. Best way to ensure jets are used by AI/OPCOM is that you place jets on a taxiway and virtualise them (by syncing to AI Virtualisation system)!

as promised

RHS Insurgency ALiVE Chernarus

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1gWUNu0kwK1U1RxNW9SZm9wNk0/view?usp=sharing

addons required:

ALiVE

AIA Terrain Pack

RHS Escalation

ps: IED's - cause of a incompatibility between ALiVE and IED script I had to remove them :(

Edited by maquez
mission updated new downloadlink