wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

@Starcos - this sounds like it's either a big or a "feature" that we might need to relax in order to enable the tasks to complete more reliably. The HEMTT herds are almost definitely a feature of the .... unique BIS AI pathfinding ability. We'll see if we can resolve that without breaking immersion to much. Resupply taking a long time appears to be a common issue but not sure what's causing it. Trying to figure that one out.

Thanks for the answers!

I cant get RHS to work with alive, when i setup a mil. Obj. With any of the russian alive configs it spawns CSAT units and not RHS units.

As RJay said, make sure no spaces or quotes or anything. Also make sure both the AI Commander module has the same faction listed. Check to see what modules oyu may be syncing together and that all of them have the same faction name/ID listed. Enabling debug option may help as well

I have noticed that with the All in Arma Terrain Pack vs. A3MP, it seems that ALiVE indexes less buildings in the AiATP than with A3MP.

For example, this issue with Clafghan.

seems to work fine in A3MP but in AiATP, it does not. Another example is in Namalsk, the factory facility of Norinsk only indexes one guardpost for CQB in AiATP, while many other buildings get indexed under A3MP such as warehouses, guard towers and cranes.

Hey mate!

Good catch, this maybe due to differing building names in the wrp of those 2 packs. I believe that we used A3MP to index and only some maps were AiA. Will need to check!

I guess you want to use the AiA maps, right?

Since A3MP is no longer being support (if i'm not mistaken), i'd say yea lets go that route highhead.

Also i think i found a bug, but its in the DEV branch since Heli DLC is not released yet. The HURON repair POD doesn't work after its been profiled? I'm not sure whats going on....but on multiple occasions i've tried to use the repair support item and it doesn't work. Weird thing is the fuel and ammo ones do though. Not sure if anyone else who uses DEV branch can do some further testing.

Congrats on the last release, works very fine,

Any can point me the classnames of Custom compositions for spawn it with ALiVE, or tell me where I can see them?

Greets and thanks.

Anyone else being unable to update/install the new version via play with six?

Yeah we have the same problem....

Hey mate!

Good catch, this maybe due to differing building names in the wrp of those 2 packs. I believe that we used A3MP to index and only some maps were AiA. Will need to check!

I guess you want to use the AiA maps, right?

That would be amazing if you could look into that. A3MP is no longer supported and the All in Arma Terrain Pack will be, not to mention out of the box it has more maps.

Edited by Kilo1-1

Could someone post up an ALIVE mission utilizing RHS on Stratis. I have been trying since yesterday to setup a mission but for some reason I cannot get BLUFOR/rhs_faction_usarmy_wd to spawn in its own location. US units are constantly spawning right on top of Russian units and then they usually don't do anything from there, or simply can't because of how overwhelming the Russians are right off the bat. Also RHS ammo boxes are not being used, instead it is using standard NATO/CSAT.

If someone could create a mission and post on here so I can open it in the editor and figure out what I'm doing wrong, I would greatly appreciate it. I have gone through the setup guide in the wiki and also tried adjusting the TOAR as suggested in the FAQ and I am still not having any luck... would greatly appreciate the help...

^ If I have time this evening I will throw something together

Have you tried other factions without problems - just the US Woodland one not working?

Could someone post up an ALIVE mission utilizing RHS on Stratis. I have been trying since yesterday to setup a mission but for some reason I cannot get BLUFOR/rhs_faction_usarmy_wd to spawn in its own location. US units are constantly spawning right on top of Russian units and then they usually don't do anything from there, or simply can't because of how overwhelming the Russians are right off the bat. Also RHS ammo boxes are not being used, instead it is using standard NATO/CSAT.

If someone could create a mission and post on here so I can open it in the editor and figure out what I'm doing wrong, I would greatly appreciate it. I have gone through the setup guide in the wiki and also tried adjusting the TOAR as suggested in the FAQ and I am still not having any luck... would greatly appreciate the help...

Yo comrade, your dinner is ready!

You asked for a mission on Stratis with RHS rhs_faction_usarmy_wd

So i put together a template mish with RHS: rhs_faction_usarmy_wd vs. rhs_faction_msv

includes CQB, Military and Civilian Placement, AI Commanders, Logistics, Ambient Civs, and some more ALiVE goodies ;)

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=87626703665008913533

grab it while its hot

Is/Will ALiVE be compatible with MCC4+?

Not really. GAIA and Virtual Profiles don't mix. You could in theory disable elements of one or the other system - e.g. not use ALiVE Profiles and limit it to only few ALiVE modules, or alternatively disable GAIA and just use MCC as a spawning tool / in game toy generator. There's a lot of duplication in the capabilities and outcomes of both mods, but with a very different approach - MCC provides unprecedented control and on the fly mission making for some great localised gameplay, while ALiVE's focus is all about credibly realistic whole map persistent multi-session operations. We did very briefly discuss the opportunities for closer integration, but by that time both teams had pretty much baselined our designs and it was too late to retool everything. If you want mission level control of an ALiVE game during runtime, Zeus is a good alternative.

Yo comrade, your dinner is ready!

You asked for a mission on Stratis with RHS rhs_faction_usarmy_wd

So i put together a template mish with RHS: rhs_faction_usarmy_wd vs. rhs_faction_msv

includes CQB, Military and Civilian Placement, AI Commanders, Logistics, Ambient Civs, and some more ALiVE goodies ;)

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=87626703665008913533

grab it while its hot

You are the man! Thank you so much!

Alright, I may have figured out what cause the AI to desync like mad -

I am using IFA3. I do not know if this is IFA3 related or ALIVE so I will drop it off here. While browsing the RPT, I see this spamming about 10 a second. Server FPS maintains around 25-30

Error in expression <call VCOM_fnc_classVehicle;

_parents = [_class,true] call BIS_fnc_returnParents;>

Error position: <_class,true] call BIS_fnc_returnParents;>

Alright, I may have figured out what cause the AI to desync like mad -

I am using IFA3. I do not know if this is IFA3 related or ALIVE so I will drop it off here. While browsing the RPT, I see this spamming about 10 a second. Server FPS maintains around 25-30

It's an issue with VCOM AI, not sure if they have fixed that yet, I posted that issue in their thread a while back.

Any can point me the classnames of Custom compositions for spawn it with ALiVE, or tell me where I can see them?

CfgGroups > Empty > ALIVE

If you want to spawn them without using a custom objective, ALIVE_fnc_spawnComposition spawns them.

Example:

[(configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> "Empty" >> "ALIVE" >> "constructionSupplies" >> "bagFenceKit1"), getMarkerPos "BHAZ_mkr_sandbags", 12] call ALIVE_fnc_spawnComposition;

The number thrown in there is the rotation.

guys I'm still experiencing problems with an stuck OPCOM ("maximum duration exceeded etc etc").

Since I've checked everything from missiondesign (I've already set a low amount of profiles/objectives) to mods,

and due to the fact that it often occurs on certain times of the day, and sometimes not at all, I'm quite sure that it is a problem of my rented dedicated server (provider), which might be overchallenged in the gaming rush hours.

So could you possibly tell me what part of the hardware is most important for these calculations, so in case of changing the server I would know which

specifications to pay attention to!

CfgGroups > Empty > ALIVE

If you want to spawn them without using a custom objective, ALIVE_fnc_spawnComposition spawns them.

Example:

[(configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> "Empty" >> "ALIVE" >> "constructionSupplies" >> "bagFenceKit1"), getMarkerPos "BHAZ_mkr_sandbags", 12] call ALIVE_fnc_spawnComposition;

The number thrown in there is the rotation.

Thank so much bhaz.

killswitch;2807084']guys I'm still experiencing problems with an stuck OPCOM ("maximum duration exceeded etc etc").

Since I've checked everything from missiondesign (I've already set a low amount of profiles/objectives) to mods' date='

and due to the fact that it often occurs on certain times of the day, and sometimes not at all, I'm quite sure that it is a problem of my rented dedicated server (provider), which might be overchallenged in the gaming rush hours.

So could you possibly tell me what part of the hardware is most important for these calculations, so in case of changing the server I would know which

specifications to pay attention to!

If it is hit or miss like that then yeah it's quite possibly the server having issues. There isn't really anything specific to ALiVE you'd need to look for in server hardware... as with any Arma server the CPU clock speed is the single most important factor, followed by nice fast RAM and decent hard drives.

It's an issue with VCOM AI, not sure if they have fixed that yet, I posted that issue in their thread a while back.

Alright then my mistake (had issue before VCOM) - wasnt paying attention to the name I suppose :j:

Perhaps I send the mission later (if any of you have IFA3) and you guys can see if you all get the same issues? Very strange.. I have made full map Altis missions without this happening - so dont think its a mission fault as much as just compatability via mod and mod..

Hi, I have set up at dedi sever on my pc which is also the client machine. I can run mission, join and play. I have set up a war room account and have now managed to get that synced with the dedi local server so it is appearing on my groups page. That is as far as I can get. I have enabled all mods for persistence but can't seem to get my mission saved, I play, leave and when I rejoin its reset to the beginning. I check the war room and it updates with each time I begin playing nothing is being saved in game. Any ideas?

Hi, I have set up at dedi sever on my pc which is also the client machine. I can run mission, join and play. I have set up a war room account and have now managed to get that synced with the dedi local server so it is appearing on my groups page. That is as far as I can get. I have enabled all mods for persistence but can't seem to get my mission saved, I play, leave and when I rejoin its reset to the beginning. I check the war room and it updates with each time I begin playing nothing is being saved in game. Any ideas?

lord can you please turn on debug on the database module, and try a save load routine, post the resulting RPT's to pastebin and then post on our forum, will make debugging easier:

http://alivemod.com/forum/

lord can you please turn on debug on the database module, and try a save load routine, post the resulting RPT's to pastebin and then post on our forum, will make debugging easier:

http://alivemod.com/forum/

ARjay I forgot to mention also, and this May be the fault but when I exit a game the 'save & exit server (admin)' and 'exit server (admin)' don't do anything but the 'exit player' does and says it saved. Not sure why the first two options are not working, I select them but nothing at all happens. I'll try and get a report soon for you. Thanks heaps.