wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Sorry for the absence here lately, University has been hard.

Any changes to the AI Opcom here recently?

Also, with RHS..how would splitting the armor and infantry into 2 different factions work?

Sorry for the absence here lately, University has been hard.

Any changes to the AI Opcom here recently?

Also, with RHS..how would splitting the armor and infantry into 2 different factions work?

I had to do some tweaking with the RHS factions. I added the RHS tank faction to both the rhs_faction_msv and rhs_faction_vdv factions so they also get armored groups.

Few questions :

1st is a bump

Seeing how Amphibious Assaults will lead to Pacific Era World War 2 missions for a lot of people - would it be a realistic expectation to see a toggleable parameter for the OPCOM (Or now Named "AI Commander") that will place markers on the map during the initialization phase that would act as a Battle plan? I am thinking about something like this - where the OPCOM would pick random division name from an array list, and assign them too certain areas where OPCOM would be sending troops (e.g an LZ that Opcom would be using would be marked with a box and given a random name, and a random division name w/ marker type that represents the name will be placed by it with an arrow, with additional arrows pointing inland too other objectives): http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USMC/USMC-M-IwoJima/maps/USMC-M-IwoJima-III.jpg

2nd - Will OPCOM called and placed artillery be making it's way in soon?

3rd - Will randomly placed static weapons via OPCOM every make its way in? I could see this potentially being a very exciting feature for the future and the planned amphibious assaults. If that isn't possible, is it possible to place down statics in the editor and have the OPCOM order the AI to man the equipment?

4th - Will player logistics be directly synced up with the mod the player is using in the future (so for example : players in IF can't call in airdrops of m4's), and (correct me if this is already a feature) will it ever support ground transport and not only air?

That's my list so far...

A few things I noticed while testing today :

1st , the Multispawn is still wonky and I have to exit out to lobby to respawn. Is this because of a default respawn method I'm using in the desc that conflicts (Base respawn type)? Should I get rid of all BIS respawn methods and only use the Multispawn module?

2nd , while playing on my locally hosted dedi, the AI appeared to have some sort of latency/desync movement to them (walk in place quarter of a second, then warp forward a few feet) and were very twitchy (sometimes while AI aimed, they would shake rapidly for the duration of there aiming). I am running IFA3 and have not tested just vanilla yet, so may be a conflict between the mods?

Will player logistics be directly synced up with the mod the player is using in the future

I think this is already in, there's an option to change it from side to "faction only" somewhere in the player reinforcement module (or whatever its called now).

First a quick question: is there any special requirement to succeed in a generated Defend task? We killed three waves, and waited about 15 minutes, the task still wasn't completed. (We had similar issue with an Attack civilian objective task, but that was in 0.8). Other tasks, like kill HVT, or sabotage could be completed without problem.

Then there are some issues with logistic.

After 2-3 hours of play, I found some odd things. It seems to me, that the transport trucks, that carry the troops (AI reinforcements) to somewhere, doesn't return to the logistic point (I use static settings in the logistic module). There are "herds" of a dozen HEMTTs sitting next to a road, doing nothing.

The other issue was mentioned by others earlier, but I still experience it in 0.9 : the player resupply requests usually takes forever to go through. The requests acknowledged, and after that no response for half an hour. (Even after hours of play, not just after the start of the mission.)

(But I have to say, that despite these small issues, we love ALiVE of course :) )

RHS has been released!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184842-RHS-Escalation-(AFRF-and-USAF)-Release-0-3-0

I have added to supported factions. Thanks to the RHS team for working with us on compatibility!

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Factions#RHS_Escalation

When i saw this release, and then it on your wiki page right after, i was excited! You guys really are awesome. I hope you guys make it far in the MANW contest. My vote has been in! :)

Alright then, thanks for the answer! Definately would love to see that implemented!

Talking about indexing: Was "Moellevangen" on Bornholm left out on purpose?

hey!

dont think so, maybe the buildings there were not covered by indexing, we will look into it - the map is beautiful!

Suggesting to place a custom placement there in the meanwhile as a workaround!

Thanks jae for your support, mate!

Few questions :

Excuse the brevity, but in order:

1. Amphibious assault auto magic map marking seems like a nice idea, but probably quite difficult to implement and not something we'll focus any effort on right now.

2. OPCOM AI artillery is planned but currently not in scope for final release (pushed back to post-release work together with the whole Combat Support revamp). Meanwhile there are AI mods which will use artillery if available and work very well in conjunction with ALiVE (e.g. VCOM AI)

3. OPCOM mans static weapons, both in existing objectives and custom objectives. We won't add randomly placed stuff, as this goes against the overall approach for ALiVE, wherein we try where possible never to 'magic' stuff into the game environment.

4. Military Logistics uses ground convoys if the situation permits.

Issues:

Multispawn - please check with vanilla and post bug if you can find them. It's just be rebuilt so there are quite possibly some issues.

AI latency - more than likely a mod issue, not seen that in many hours of testing (With and without mods)

@Starcos - this sounds like it's either a big or a "feature" that we might need to relax in order to enable the tasks to complete more reliably. The HEMTT herds are almost definitely a feature of the .... unique BIS AI pathfinding ability. We'll see if we can resolve that without breaking immersion to much. Resupply taking a long time appears to be a common issue but not sure what's causing it. Trying to figure that one out.

i've been having issues getting armored vehicles to spawn with "rhs_faction_msv" Anyone else having any luck? My mods are limited at the moment and has not helped. Only some weapon mods and shactac/alive. Not sure if it needs further tweaking or maybe something else going on.

i've been having issues getting armored vehicles to spawn with "rhs_faction_msv" Anyone else having any luck? My mods are limited at the moment and has not helped. Only some weapon mods and shactac/alive. Not sure if it needs further tweaking or maybe something else going on.

I think I may have missed some groups in the customisations I had to do to get RHS to work. I will probably have to release a custom staticdata file with the mappings you will need to load, I'll try to get that updated tonight.

I think I may have missed some groups in the customisations I had to do to get RHS to work. I will probably have to release a custom staticdata file with the mappings you will need to load, I'll try to get that updated tonight.

Thanks RJay, but no rush man. Glad I'm not the only one seeing this and there will be a fix in the future. As a work around i can place a placement/command modules with each faction so works for me :)

I noticed the release date for 0.9 version was 10-25-14 but I'm still not seeing it through Six Update. Is Six Update no longer being used as a deployment method?

I noticed the release date for 0.9 version was 10-25-14 but I'm still not seeing it through Six Update. Is Six Update no longer being used as a deployment method?

Six looks to have missed the update, will see if we can get that sorted!

Excuse the brevity, but in order:

1. Amphibious assault auto magic map marking seems like a nice idea, but probably quite difficult to implement and not something we'll focus any effort on right now.

2. OPCOM AI artillery is planned but currently not in scope for final release (pushed back to post-release work together with the whole Combat Support revamp). Meanwhile there are AI mods which will use artillery if available and work very well in conjunction with ALiVE (e.g. VCOM AI)

3. OPCOM mans static weapons, both in existing objectives and custom objectives. We won't add randomly placed stuff, as this goes against the overall approach for ALiVE, wherein we try where possible never to 'magic' stuff into the game environment.

4. Military Logistics uses ground convoys if the situation permits.

Issues:

Multispawn - please check with vanilla and post bug if you can find them. It's just be rebuilt so there are quite possibly some issues.

AI latency - more than likely a mod issue, not seen that in many hours of testing (With and without mods)

Thanks for answering :) .

I haven't had much time to test the past day, but could the AI latency be related to the fact that I wasn't running @ALIVEserver on the server?

Thanks for answering :) .

I haven't had much time to test the past day, but could the AI latency be related to the fact that I wasn't running @ALIVEserver on the server?

Could be of just too much going on in your mission, maybe check for any RPT spam or anything else which looks off.

Six looks to have missed the update, will see if we can get that sorted!

Thank you sir!

My only question now, having been away for a couple months, is whether or not being able to save in Singleplayer is in now or will it ever be in? I know there was a problem with it because of memory or something like that, but no harm in asking again.

My only question now, having been away for a couple months, is whether or not being able to save in Singleplayer is in now or will it ever be in? I know there was a problem with it because of memory or something like that, but no harm in asking again.

Well, we have now got a setting on the requires ALiVE module, that you can decide if you want to enable saving for SP games. This is for use at your own risk though - the game will probably crash!

Well, we have now got a setting on the requires ALiVE module, that you can decide if you want to enable saving for SP games. This is for use at your own risk though - the game will probably crash!

Like the poster above, I too would love to see sp saving possible. Is there a ticket we can vote up to help resolve the memory issue??

Like the poeter above, I too would love to see sp saving possible. Is there a ticket we can vote up to help resolve the memory issue??

Not really, currently you really only have 1 option for saving in SP:

Create a warroom account

Setup a local dedicated server

Setup the server on the warroom

Enable ALiVE database persistence

The amount of data that ALiVE uses to make everything happen is just so far off what BIS probably intended with SP saving that I doubt there could be a fix for it.

Hi, this mod with RHS is the best. My mod list has been culled to buggery now (sorry all you other mod makers out there!!). I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet or not but I have noticed that when I put down a Combat Support module (transport) and try using any of the RHS UH-60 choppers they don't show up. The AH-64'd do for the CAS module. I see the UH60 flying around in game as I have air units selected in my Mil Obj module. Any ideas?? Thanks for such a great mod..

I cant get RHS to work with alive, when i setup a mil. Obj. With any of the russian alive configs it spawns CSAT units and not RHS units.

I cant get RHS to work with alive, when i setup a mil. Obj. With any of the russian alive configs it spawns CSAT units and not RHS units.

Check there are no spaces in the faction module field.

I have noticed that with the All in Arma Terrain Pack vs. A3MP, it seems that ALiVE indexes less buildings in the AiATP than with A3MP.

For example, this issue with Clafghan.

Fareldraguz, Alkhemora, Al_Jebel, Lolosalam, Kenykmheni, Al_Riyal, Marmakur, Machifazar

These towns seem to not index correctly with the military civilian module or with the OPCOM module. It does, however, index correctly with the civilian module, which is very strange. And these towns don't utilize custom buildings or anything fancy either, these are buildings from ArmA2:OA in Takistan and Zargabad.

seems to work fine in A3MP but in AiATP, it does not. Another example is in Namalsk, the factory facility of Norinsk only indexes one guardpost for CQB in AiATP, while many other buildings get indexed under A3MP such as warehouses, guard towers and cranes.