wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Hey mate!

About the landing planes, I just tested it and takeoff and landing happened regulary fine! Which map and which plane do you use?

I tested Altis Airfields North-East and Center (the big one, can't remember the name), with the A10-future-whatever-it-is.

thanks

Really? Maybe the position of the CAS module?

I've placed it at the very far north-eastern limit of the north-easternmost small airfield (Molos Airfield)

I'll do some test by moving the module around and get back to you!

Oh, and thanks ARjay!

Didn't caught that! My bad!

Edited by Silverwave

Hi

Alive is a great and very easy tool. Great job. I would like to know if there is a specific thread on this forum (or another one) about Alive and Mcc compatibility/issue. Like the feature to disable when using both?

Thx.

MCC's GAIA AI manager will most likely cause unexpected behaviour with ALiVE OPCOM (Military AI Commander), although in theory the Virtual AI (Profiles) should not be effected. In theory anyway.... MCC's spawning and task management parts should work OK, but it's anyone's guess which system will take control of AI first (GAIA vs OPCOM). You should really only use one or the other. All the other bits should work OK (in theory) although there's some duplicate functionality which is done in different ways by both mods (CAS, Logistics air drops, task management etc), so you should probably use whichever you are happiest with but not both.

Yup, ID-10-T on my part for the CAS plane loitering without landing.

I didn't see there was a "RTB" button in the tablet. >_<

Anyhow, another question that raised on my last game.

Is it possible to have C2ISTAR show friendly units EXCEPT your own?

I like players to use their navigation skills and tools and not just open up the map and automatically and precisely see where they are, but I also like to simulate being able to relay info to HQ about presence of friendly forces in the vicinity.

Hey guys just wanted to follow up on my post @ http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169350-ALiVE-Advanced-Light-Infantry-Virtual-Environment&p=2797001&viewfull=1#post2797001. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 03:45 ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 ----------

Really? Maybe the position of the CAS module?

I've placed it at the very far north-eastern limit of the north-easternmost small airfield (Molos Airfield)

I'll do some test by moving the module around and get back to you!

Oh, and thanks ARjay!

Didn't caught that! My bad!

I've also had to play a bit with positioning and making sure objects wouldnt be in the way. Might even be better to set it up at an airport nearby but not the same as where you setup your actual base. I guess it depends on how you're playing. But what i've done was:

1. Place unit in test location (keeping in mind after he lands he will go back to this spot. Do not place him in front of something facing outward.

2. run game and test calling for CAS and then right after take off asking to RTB to see his reactions and landing. If he fails then reposition unit (module) and try again. Keep in mind the way the letter A sits in the facing of the unit.

Hope this helps.

Hey guys just wanted to follow up on my post @ http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169350-ALiVE-Advanced-Light-Infantry-Virtual-Environment&p=2797001&viewfull=1#post2797001. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 03:45 ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 ----------

I've also had to play a bit with positioning and making sure objects wouldnt be in the way. Might even be better to set it up at an airport nearby but not the same as where you setup your actual base. I guess it depends on how you're playing. But what i've done was:

1. Place unit in test location (keeping in mind after he lands he will go back to this spot. Do not place him in front of something facing outward.

2. run game and test calling for CAS and then right after take off asking to RTB to see his reactions and landing. If he fails then reposition unit (module) and try again. Keep in mind the way the letter A sits in the facing of the unit.

Hope this helps.

Hey Jay!

Sorry that went under, its related to player profiles! Please sync the players group to the Virtual AI System module and set it to the appropriate setting (don't profile synced units). Please tell me if that helped!

Thanks!

No worries man, you guys are always on top of my questions :)

I've tried it in the past and again today. No dice.

TO replicatE:

1. Create two units, main and playable unit

2. Start game and switch from first player to other playable unit

3. Teleport out of range and try to team switch back.....GONE! :( It only does this to the first select player on start (in SP mode of course). It also is affecting my Module MOD that spawns units.

Ok to clarify further, i've played around some more. BTW on the latest DEV branch. Stable was the same effect.

When i start mission and leave base/profiling area (where the module is positions with my other switchable units), the module spawning works just fine. However if i switch units before leaving area, both modules and original unit is no longer playable. Its like the profiling system takes control of the units. The units are still there, but not playable (switchable).

I've tried syncing it both to the virtual profile module and not...of course selecting to only profile non-synced units.

I'm not so worried about the original player being profiled....but the module itself i use. I wish there was some type of code i can use to stop the profiling on that unit/module.

Good work on this mod.

I need help.

When I place the module"Player resuplies", it eliminates the option for the logistic player interaction with the menu alive. anyone know why?

My english its bad , sorry

Thanks in advance

Ok to clarify further, i've played around some more. BTW on the latest DEV branch. Stable was the same effect.

When i start mission and leave base/profiling area (where the module is positions with my other switchable units), the module spawning works just fine. However if i switch units before leaving area, both modules and original unit is no longer playable. Its like the profiling system takes control of the units. The units are still there, but not playable (switchable).

I've tried syncing it both to the virtual profile module and not...of course selecting to only profile non-synced units.

I'm not so worried about the original player being profiled....but the module itself i use. I wish there was some type of code i can use to stop the profiling on that unit/module.

as a short help i can provide this (put in editor init field f.e.):

this setvariable ["ALIVE_profileIgnore",true];

(group this) setvariable ["ALIVE_profileIgnore",true];

I will test it myself again, but I tested not profiling player units a few weeks ago and it was fine. I will report back!

Thanks Highhead. I tried it again just to be sure and still same issue. Just to be clear...i used both lines in the same units INIT field correct?

I saw on the wiki how to add custom objectives, but how do I set the priority of the custom objective and how do I remove it?

I want to add ammo caches which will have a small area around them covered and given maximum priority, and remove it when the cache is destroyed.

I saw on the wiki how to add custom objectives, but how do I set the priority of the custom objective and how do I remove it?

I want to add ammo caches which will have a small area around them covered and given maximum priority, and remove it when the cache is destroyed.

Use the Custom Objective module, with no composition placement.

Ok, This is for you smart people out there. I have some alive aircraft I am using triggers on, (To check engine on) They work fine until the aircraft respawns. If any of the vehicles respawn the triggers associated with them do not work anymore. I have the aircraft named, and the triggers are referencing those names. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Dan

Ok, This is for you smart people out there. I have some alive aircraft I am using triggers on, (To check engine on) They work fine until the aircraft respawned. If any of the vehicles respawn the triggers associated with them do not work anymore. I have the aircraft named, and the triggers are referencing those names. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Dan

I can bet when their respawned, the names are changing. Other then that hard to say how to address. Maybe group them to trigger? You may want to start your own topic on this about triggers as its not ALIVE related.

I can bet when their respawned, the names are changing. Other then that hard to say how to address. Maybe group them to trigger? You may want to start your own topic on this about triggers as its not ALIVE related.

Names will not change and you don't need to be grouping anything. Its likely an issue with your trigger itself. If it fires the first time are you setting it up to fire again?

However, this is a general question rather than an Alive question. Search forums and/or post elsewhere and you'll likely get proper help.

Hellow,

I need help whit Player Resupply, in request status say me all time (REQUESTED)...

Names will not change and you don't need to be grouping anything. Its likely an issue with your trigger itself. If it fires the first time are you setting it up to fire again?

However, this is a general question rather than an Alive question. Search forums and/or post elsewhere and you'll likely get proper help.

Thanks for your replies JCae, Delta. I did search forums first, really didnt find anything except a vehicle respawn script, but since Alive respawns it vehicles itself I was hoping for help from them. The triggers do work repeatedly until the vehicle respawns.

Thanks Again

Dan

Hellow,

I need help whit Player Resupply, in request status say me all time (REQUESTED)...

This will only work if you have ALIVE profiles setup to spawn. The module needs ALIVE profiles to be used. It is not a module in itself to be used separately. I know i ran into questions about this myself when i starting using it until i figured it out.

Try this:

1. Create an OPCOM for NATO or faction you are using.

2. Create a Military placement. Select force size. You dont actually have to use the "Place units" option, but select at least the "Objectives" option instead if you dont want to spawn units.

3. Setup resupply module not synced to anything.

Of course all the other required modules (Requires ALive, Virtual Profiler, etc..)

THis should work.

This will only work if you have ALIVE profiles setup to spawn. The module needs ALIVE profiles to be used. It is not a module in itself to be used separately. I know i ran into questions about this myself when i starting using it until i figured it out.

Try this:

1. Create an OPCOM for NATO or faction you are using.

2. Create a Military placement. Select force size. You dont actually have to use the "Place units" option, but select at least the "Objectives" option instead if you dont want to spawn units.

3. Setup resupply module not synced to anything.

Of course all the other required modules (Requires ALive, Virtual Profiler, etc..)

THis should work.

Hi I have the same way and that does not work me

Ty for answer!.

Hi I have the same way and that does not work me

Ty for answer!.

I believe that you also require a LOGISTICS Module also - so players can resupply...no?

Maybe you have that already?

I believe that you also require a LOGISTICS Module also - so players can resupply...no?

Maybe you have that already?

Ah yes i had that to...synced to my OPCOM. Maybe that is what is missing. Other then that make sure the that placement module is also being part of a marker where it works (enable debug as needed)

One suggestion:

Would it be possible to add some kind of function to the civ/mil placement module and CQB module to add units which the module should use?

For example introduce an option to enable syncing costum units from mods so the module knows it only should use this units. Another option would be a field in the module itself where you can enter all the classnames of the units from mods you want to use with the module.

It really bothers me that you can't use ALIVE + many unit mods.

Would be really really nice if you could improve ALIVE compatibility with unit mods :yay:

Use the Custom Objective module, with no composition placement.

I need to be able to add and remove the objective with a script, though (add new caches when needed and remove objective when cache is destroyed).

One suggestion:

Would it be possible to add some kind of function to the civ/mil placement module and CQB module to add units which the module should use?

For example introduce an option to enable syncing costum units from mods so the module knows it only should use this units. Another option would be a field in the module itself where you can enter all the classnames of the units from mods you want to use with the module.

It really bothers me that you can't use ALIVE + many unit mods.

Would be really really nice if you could improve ALIVE compatibility with unit mods :yay:

If I understand correctly it becomes down to the mods author to implement the requires config adjustments to make a faction fully compatible with ALiVE. I think ;)