wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Hi! Maybe initialisation is not working properly in your mission, it should happen behind laoding screen or it will take ages. Do you have a require ALiVE module placed? Do you get any on-screen errors during mission loadup?

Currently placed modules on the map.

-Requires Alive

-Virtual AI System

-Dynamic Weather

-Admin Actions

-Garbage Collector

-C2ISTAR

-MCC access rights

-XMed Base Module

-Zues Gamer Master

-TPWCAS 3 dedicated server mode

2 Opcoms and the needed 2 TAOR zones each with military logistics and civilian military and military placement modules for both opcoms. That's it a few boxes and 3 helos for CAS and Trasnport.

Sometimes nothing will spawn other times a few will spawn then a few more and then a few more. But never the way it used too.

Ray, not sure if this is the cause, but try removing the ZGM Module (MCC has Zeus built into it now) and see if it fixes spawns.

Well i removed it and so far no effect on server spawning... From the last session:

22:00:01 ALiVE [m_23|5] Module ALiVE_mil_placement INIT COMPLETE TIME: 3298.34

22:00:06 ALiVE CQB Houses loaded from objectives!

22:00:28 ALiVE [m_24|13] Module ALiVE_mil_logistics INIT COMPLETE TIME: 3325.21

22:00:32 ALiVE [m_18|13] Module ALiVE_mil_logistics INIT COMPLETE TIME: 3330.32

Nearly 54 minutes for everything to load in. Before the updates it was all loaded in with more addons enabled in less than 10 mins. Since I updated and removed quite a few addons in preparation for the Russian Armed Forces mod, its taken this long to enable...

I'm still waiting to see how long it will take the server to finish without the ZGM module.

That did help take some time off (1900 seconds instead of 3300) I think ill remove the TWPCAS module as well next time and see since its generating some errors in the RPT file.

Also it would seem loading from the editor shows no errors and the AI are spawned in without trouble.

Edited by Raytesh

Hi,

We use a dedicated server, do we have to install the mod on it to be able to use it?

yes of course.

ALiVE must be on the server and all clients

OPCOM takes control of an entire faction or factions, you can't have more than one OPCOM for one faction.

So I would have to trigger the SYNC with MIL PLACE modules controling each section of the map?

Is there a way then to "float" the units profiled from a given OPCOM? If I set Battalion size force I end up with hundreds of profiles in 1 place. And if possible only want those extra units to be created and sent to objectives that have been captured or left unguarded.

So I would have to trigger the SYNC with MIL PLACE modules controling each section of the map?

Is there a way then to "float" the units profiled from a given OPCOM? If I set Battalion size force I end up with hundreds of profiles in 1 place. And if possible only want those extra units to be created and sent to objectives that have been captured or left unguarded.

Well ideally you would have more objectives for the placement module so they don't all spawn in 1 spot, a bit unsure what you are trying to achieve with the mission?

Hi!

Great mod, my group has just recently started using it but i have a question. The server FPS was fine and most client had rock solid 40+ FPS but the RPT was rather large. We are wondering if some of the errors came from ALIVE or some other mods (maybe a combination of both)

These are some of the lines on the RPT:

17:17:07 Server: Object 9:229 not found (message 113)

17:17:07 Server: Object 9:234 not found (message 88)

17:17:07 Server: Object 9:231 not found (message 113)

17:17:07 Server: Object 9:232 not found (message 119)

17:17:07 Server: Object 9:233 not found (message 108)

17:17:07 Server: Object 9:236 not found (message 358)

17:17:07 Server: Object 9:235 not found (message 113)

17:17:07 Server: Object 9:237 not found (message 108)

I can upload the RPT if i can figure out how to get in this thread.

Any help would be appreciated.

Well ideally you would have more objectives for the placement module so they don't all spawn in 1 spot, a bit unsure what you are trying to achieve with the mission?

I think I have over complicated this lmao. Not what I want the mission to do, but trying to think about it and how I was going to work it. I can just activate and sync modules/custom modules on triggers to throw units in when on objective is captured by either side.

TAOR_1 gets taken and (trigger false becomes true) PLACEMENT module_x will then spawn its units and send them to the objective. If this makes sense?

Or would those objectives still be attacked by an OPCOM that knows about them. As The OPCOMS have to know about objectives linked to modules for them to work in the first instance.

edit: thought that just popped into my head.

If this is the case is there a way of changing the BLACKLIST and TAOR lists on the fly? So a placement module that currently has TAOR_1 BLACKLISTED changes and adds it to it's "whitelist"? I assume this would have to be done with script :(

Edited by edathome1982

Certain towns on Altis aren't picked up by the civilian module, most notably Oreokastro, Abdera, Delfinaki.

^ agreed. I wish it would use the castles as defense points but oh well. Also ALIVE does not seem to support the new " Bornholm" map kinda sad cause that's is a great custom map, was looking for some open field/dense forest combat. Sorta tired of the Altis/Stratis maps. I know Chanarus and Takistan like the back of my hand and can navigate almost 90% of the time with no map. Just looking for something new to play around with.

David, you can place the "Custom Military Objectives" module at those places for now until it is fixed (watch ARJay's videos if you need to learn how to use them) -

Anusmangler - Bornholm is being indexed for the next ALiVE update.

Ok after some testing. The STI machineguns addon causes the alive profile system to take forever to load. Removing the addon and the boxes from the mission brought everything back to normal. There were a few weird other things occurring with that particular addon like things not showing up in VAS. So an FYI for everyone for whatever reason that particular addon causes hangups.

^ agreed. I wish it would use the castles as defense points but oh well. Also ALIVE does not seem to support the new " Bornholm" map kinda sad cause that's is a great custom map, was looking for some open field/dense forest combat. Sorta tired of the Altis/Stratis maps. I know Chanarus and Takistan like the back of my hand and can navigate almost 90% of the time with no map. Just looking for something new to play around with.

Give the ALiVE team a chance, lol - this Map has only been released 48 hours :)

If I understand correctly - each Map needs indexing with placements etc so the ALiVE system can identify areas of interest, buildings, civ houses...etc etc. I think you can request this Map get added to the ALiVE Map list :)

Also - I agree this Map is very nice!!

AJ is already working on Bornholm guys....

CQB - works fine. As would custom objectives so nothing to stop you playing/testing

Not an expert at using this by any means but has anyone had the problem of when using custom factions, vanilla units also seem to show up? Possible that the custom faction is not complete so Alive fills the gap with vanilla?

I've set my self a small mission. I've created the C2ISTAR module and changed it so that it requires "ItemRadio". It doesn't work so I changed it to "ItemGPS" with the same lack of results. I haven't tried with the "laserdesignator" yet. Has anyone got it to work with other items than the default laserdesignator?

I've set my self a small mission. I've created the C2ISTAR module and changed it so that it requires "ItemRadio". It doesn't work so I changed it to "ItemGPS" with the same lack of results. I haven't tried with the "laserdesignator" yet. Has anyone got it to work with other items than the default laserdesignator?

I use ItemcTab since i use the ctab mod it works with other items even from other mods.

After just testing this and double checking C2ISTAR module will only recognize the laser designator even if you have another item set in the module on the editor. I always had a laser designator on me when running missions along with my cTab so i never really noticed.

---------- Post added at 21:54 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

I've fixed all my issues with the profiles spawning. But is there a way to force OPCOMs to start their scripts to have them start passing orders.

I've reinstalled Alive. I've delved into it almost 1 year ago. Now with the new updates and all, I've give it another try.

It's just... awnbeliveblasome!

Thanks a great bunch guys!

Really hope you win MANW!

Question: Is there a way to make CAS plane actually land?

I've noticed as soon as I ask a CAS from a plane, it never lands back to base, it keeps loitering around its spawn point.

Also, when I ask for resupply, vehicle don't drop any crate.

It reach destination, wait few minutes then go back to base.

When I search the vehicule inventory, it was empty.

Do I need to do something to get the crates?

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

After just testing this and double checking C2ISTAR module will only recognize the laser designator even if you have another item set in the module on the editor. I always had a laser designator on me when running missions along with my cTab so i never really noticed.

I do have the same issue.

I'm using Combat System Enhanced mod and using cse_m_tablet.

If I set this item in all other modules (Support, Logistic) it works.

C2ISTAR doesn't.

Whatever item you have set it to, it won't show up unless you have an Alive Tablet or PDA equiped or if you set it to LaserDesignator and have one.

This is a known issue that will be fixed in the upcoming release. For now just use the Alive Tablet to access C2.

---------- Post added at 16:10 ---------- Previous post was at 16:08 ----------

The supply items are included in the ALiVE logistics cargo of the vehicle, you need to enable player logistics in the ALiVE menu and then select Load out cargo on the vehicle. Please see:

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:10 ----------

AJ is already working on Bornholm guys....

Yep :) I have indexed Bornholm, and have been enjoying playing with ALiVE on that epic map! ALiVE support will be coming in the upcoming Release.

I've reinstalled Alive. I've delved into it almost 1 year ago. Now with the new updates and all, I've give it another try.

It's just... awnbeliveblasome!

Thanks a great bunch guys!

Really hope you win MANW!

Question: Is there a way to make CAS plane actually land?

I've noticed as soon as I ask a CAS from a plane, it never lands back to base, it keeps loitering around its spawn point.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

I do have the same issue.

I'm using Combat System Enhanced mod and using cse_m_tablet.

If I set this item in all other modules (Support, Logistic) it works.

C2ISTAR doesn't.

Whatever item you have set it to, it won't show up unless you have an Alive Tablet or PDA equiped or if you set it to LaserDesignator and have one.

Hey mate!

About the landing planes, I just tested it and takeoff and landing happened regulary fine! Which map and which plane do you use?

I tested Altis Airfields North-East and Center (the big one, can't remember the name), with the A10-future-whatever-it-is.

thanks

Yep :) I have indexed Bornholm, and have been enjoying playing with ALiVE on that epic map! ALiVE support will be coming in the upcoming Release.

Awwwwyis bru

ARJay, could you see if you could apply the Chernerus Indexing to the new"Summer Chernerus" map within the AiA_TP pack ?

Cheers