wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

is there a way to play against a faction on the same side? So BLU vs BLU but different faction class names? BLU_F vs FIA as example (i want to use addons this is just an example)

Nevermind, problem stopped occurring!

Thanks mate for reporting back! However, if it occurs again, please let us know!

Hey Guys! Just Noticed When Fixed Wing CAS Are Returning To Base, And Get Shot Down, They Do Not Respawn. They Just Hang On RTB. During SAD If They Are Shot Down They Respawn No Problem. The Helicopter CAS Respawn No Problem While RTB.

Dan

Do we no longer need the profile module cause it is telling me that I need to place it and yet there is none in the module lists?

---------- Post added at 04:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

Nm watched the correct tutorial and figured it out.

You're probably seeing "No groups available" which is a TACOM reply to an OPCOM request to send forces to an objective.. usually means all available groups already have orders or there aren't enough to send to an attack. Nothing to do with the logistics stuff

This is a quote by SavageCDN I found on this thread when searching for this precise error.

So this does not pertain to not having defined enough reinforcement groups then?

^ yes that is a new feature.. it spawns a squad instead of a single arty piece (same with mortars). If you want just one plop down an actual manned arty unit and sync to Combat Support - Arty module

Hmmmmm....I could not get this to work, have you attempted this feature? For me it shows Arty Support but no Unit available (not even the synced manned unit).

Yes I tried it with a BLUFOR mortar unit but not with an artillery unit - how do you have it setup? Is the (manned) unit synced to the arty module? If so and it still doesn't work can you sent me a simple repro mission?

is there a way to play against a faction on the same side? So BLU vs BLU but different faction class names? BLU_F vs FIA as example (i want to use addons this is just an example)

Not that I am aware of JCae.

Hey Guys! Just Noticed When Fixed Wing CAS Are Returning To Base, And Get Shot Down, They Do Not Respawn. They Just Hang On RTB. During SAD If They Are Shot Down They Respawn No Problem. The Helicopter CAS Respawn No Problem While RTB.

Dan

Probably Related To This Ticket:

https://dev.withsix.com/issues/75333

This is a quote by SavageCDN I found on this thread when searching for this precise error.

You're probably seeing "No groups available" which is a TACOM reply to an OPCOM request to send forces to an objective.. usually means all available groups already have orders or there aren't enough to send to an attack. Nothing to do with the logistics stuff

So this does not pertain to not having defined enough reinforcement groups then?

No it just means that TACOM cannot assign enough 'free' groups to mount an attack on an objective (I think it needs at least 3 groups)

Has the issue where units in the virtual space move over sea been fixed?

Hi guys,

I am making a new mission and have been catching up to all the new stuff you added since 0.6. Very neat! I do have questions though.

I'm trying to "stow" items in vehicles, here it is the sand barrier composition, i take it in my hands and try to put it in the HEMITT BOX and i have no options. I tried with the HBarrier composition and found that if i drop the item on the ground near the truck and then look up the vehicle, then i can see the option "stow in vehicule" in my action menu and i can stow it.

Also, as i read in you wiki, ALiVE "reads" the vehicle cargo capacity by checking the number of seats etc. Is there a way i can "fool" ALiVE into thinking that a certain vehicle has a very large cargo? Because stowing only one HBarrier per Box Hemitt will drive my guys mad. I didn't check the total capacity with sand barriers though. I was thinking about when we played Arma2 with MSO and we could stow equipment in large containers and then lift these with a chopper and drop them near the FOB. Can i still manage to do something similar without doing too much voodoo?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hey guys, I am having another issue, I tried searching it here but had no luck.

I am trying to use the Syrian D-30 down from the MEC mod as an artillery support module, I can select the call sign of the artillery piece but it does not populate any ordnance to select nor mark a map location to fire at.

If i use a default artillery tank like the slammer, I am able to fire without issue, although I have found them incredibly inaccurate and the laser guided rounds rarely seem to sync, hence wanting to try out a fixed dedicated artillery piece.

Hey guys, I am having another issue, I tried searching it here but had no luck.

I am trying to use the Syrian D-30 down from the MEC mod as an artillery support module, I can select the call sign of the artillery piece but it does not populate any ordnance to select nor mark a map location to fire at.

If i use a default artillery tank like the slammer, I am able to fire without issue, although I have found them incredibly inaccurate and the laser guided rounds rarely seem to sync, hence wanting to try out a fixed dedicated artillery piece.

Is this Mod supported by ALiVE - only certain Modification/factions will operate correctly via the ALiVE features. I think their wiki has a current list?

MEC has no arty... the ARTY they can use is part of RDS Static weapons..

Just check you have both - (not that I know if ALiVE will use it, but you will need it for sure to test as it's not part of MEC natively).

SJ

hey alive team,

i have a question, will be linux server be supported at anytime? because we can't use alive for our linux server.

greets blackswater

it allready works except for database stuff, u need to ./tolower the dir (get it from a2 dedicated linux package)

Edited by yxman

Yes, I have RDS. I see the artillery pieces placed and manned by SAA forces and the each piece is selectable I click on combat support, however, normally you would choose the round you wish to fire, the number of which and then click the map to send the fire mission - none of which is present.

it allready works except for database stuff, u need to ./tolower the dir (get it from a2 dedicated linux package)

What i need to do? can you describe it better? it you be rly creat

greets Blackswater

Hey guys!

If you expierence issues when using save to server even if you are logged into admin - there were changes to serverCommandAvailable in the last update!

I believe BIS is providing some sort of hotfix, or we will find a solution on our side!

enjoy :)

Has anyone else had issues with profiles taking forever to spawn in on the dedicated server. I can get into the server sit and then activate the profiles debug and then it takes 10-15 mins for units to start spawning in. And even then it spawns one or 2 units a minute if that. I have been reducing the number of mods i have to see if there is a conflict but most of these mods worked before the .80 update. It is possible the new version of MCC is creating conflicts with Alive but i can not confirm this for sure not without further testing. And there is a new update that I will try to see if this fixes the issue.

Hi all, for factions not approved on your list....i'm looking at creating a custom cgf file standard to BIS. By doing this will it automatically be compatible with ALIVE or you still need to add it into your code?

I'm reviewing: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Unit_Mod_Config_Standardisation

I build a simple cfg file for existing units in an addon but having some trouble so wondering if i am wasting my time. Thanks

---------- Post added at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was at 18:04 ----------

Or what if i even edit a existing config to follow the standard outlined on your site...will it automatically work or again you need to add it to your code? Thanks

Why do we need that "mission exit" screen when we abort a non-alive mission? This is extremely annoying when editing and testing missions. Does this serve any purpose?

Has anyone else had issues with profiles taking forever to spawn in on the dedicated server. I can get into the server sit and then activate the profiles debug and then it takes 10-15 mins for units to start spawning in. And even then it spawns one or 2 units a minute if that. I have been reducing the number of mods i have to see if there is a conflict but most of these mods worked before the .80 update. It is possible the new version of MCC is creating conflicts with Alive but i can not confirm this for sure not without further testing. And there is a new update that I will try to see if this fixes the issue.

Hi! Maybe initialisation is not working properly in your mission, it should happen behind laoding screen or it will take ages. Do you have a require ALiVE module placed? Do you get any on-screen errors during mission loadup?

QUICK question. Making a mission and I wanted to make tree'd OPCOMs. If I was to put OPCOM 1 in say a Head position, can I run 2 OPCOMs off this? (2 off each of these.....etc...)

Or does each OPCOM have to be a seperate entity?

The reason I ask is for the mission idea I have I wanted to have it so If I was to take out a sub commanding OPCOM the supply to that network would stop.

An Insurgency Faction OPCOM would then start sending attacking groups to try and clean out my BLU units. If they are successful the main OPF_OPCOM would then pick up the TAOR and resettle its units.

I was thinking about doing this with triggers till I work out how I would script it.

QUICK question. Making a mission and I wanted to make tree'd OPCOMs. If I was to put OPCOM 1 in say a Head position, can I run 2 OPCOMs off this? (2 off each of these.....etc...)

Or does each OPCOM have to be a seperate entity?

The reason I ask is for the mission idea I have I wanted to have it so If I was to take out a sub commanding OPCOM the supply to that network would stop.

An Insurgency Faction OPCOM would then start sending attacking groups to try and clean out my BLU units. If they are successful the main OPF_OPCOM would then pick up the TAOR and resettle its units.

I was thinking about doing this with triggers till I work out how I would script it.

OPCOM takes control of an entire faction or factions, you can't have more than one OPCOM for one faction.

Hey guys, i have some issues with a module that spawns vehicles. It seems like ALive is causing two issues:

1. If i create multiple playable units (SP mode) the first unit is always profiled. To test, create more then one unit. When mission starts, switch to 2nd unit. Then teleport or move away from base and eventually the unit is no longer switchable.

2. The module that spawns vehicles is being taken control by ALIVE (i think profile and/or OPCOM).

Someone once told me before to try the following Unit INIT code but its not working. Want to make sure i have it right if it works:

group this setVariable ["ALIVE_profileIgnore", true];

Thank you.

---------- Post added at 03:08 ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 ----------

Ok i confirmed its the profiling sys. I paused the profile system and both issues above were not affected. Once i unpause it, both are gone. I can open a ticket if it helps but wondering if there is a command i can use on the specific units to avoid this for now. Thanks