wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Now called the Virtual AI System

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

Hi guys

My group experienced this issue today. We had completed a 3hr op and the war room recorded the stats for today including our kills etc.

However when I as admin went to save and exit I did not receive the panel saying the process had started nor did any save state occur.

This was our first time utilizing alive and given that the war room was recording our stats the mission should have saved by my understanding.

I reloaded into the mission and found even then the panel did show but the save process did not occur, is there a possibility that we need to open a port or is something related to the last update occurring?

Regards

P.s we still love alive

Can you pastebin your server rpt? Did you turn on persistent in each module? Player persistence placed?

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

Hi,

With regard to bug #75347 (Multispawn w/o ammo), I did some research and a little debugging.

It appears that in sys_player->playerData.hpp, under the getWeaponMagazine function, if I comment out the following and test the respawn on squad with (in-memory) persistence enabled...

// if(MOD(sys_player) getvariable ["saveAmmo", false]) then {

_magazine set [count _magazine, [_x select 0, _x select 1]];

// } else {

// _magazine set [count _magazine, [_x select 0, getnumber (configFile>>"CfgMagazines">>(_x select 0)>>"count")]];

// };

... leaving "_magazine set [count _magazine, [_x select 0, _x select 1]];", but skipping the conditional test using MOD(sys_player), my player respawns with both primary and secondary ammo as expected. If I keep the default, the player respawns but without any ammo and additional errors logged.

I didn't get a chance to dig any deeper, but neither statement in the conditional blocks executes, which leads me to believe it may have something to do with trying to get the name or variable of a dead player. This may coincide with the lines in the RPT:

WARNING: Function 'name' - (name omitted) is dead

Thoughts?

Thanks will look into it!

Edited by Tupolov

First off great mod. However my group and I experienced a strange problem yesterday during our op. The plan was to have two smaller cities, Therisa and one of the neighboring towns, have civs in them. I place down both civilian modules, the profile module and create two taor markers. When the game started the markers disappear, as they should, but no civs spawn in either town. Everything else related to alive works like a charm, we just can't populate those towns for some reason.

Hi MFG!

Please ensure that you have the filters of the civilian placement module to "do not filter" and also make sure the markers are covering the town and its peripherals (the cluster center of Therisa is a bit north of the town center, so it may have just not been covered by marker).

I uploaded 2 screens so you can see how I set it up to cover those towns:

editor: http://i.imgur.com/nUxLoVA.jpg

in game: http://i.imgur.com/j5lX0EZ.jpg

Please tell me if that worked for you!

Thanks

Lordprimate,

Seems like you got some Development build (we use version 0.0.0.0) during Dev.

Please re-download from ALiVEmod.com, should givbe you latest official build (incl. versioning).

thanks

Edited by highhead

Oh yeah, I see now that your markers are way larger than the ones I placed down. I had my markers at a circle 250x250 just about covering the town. The filter option was off though.

Thanks for a swift reply.

Oh yeah, I see now that your markers are way larger than the ones I placed down. I had my markers at a circle 250x250 just about covering the town. The filter option was off though.

Thanks for a swift reply.

One of the Devs will correct me here but I am sure that I once read to use RECTANGLE TAOR MARKERS?

My question is - when I call for a Heli Insertion to deliver me an Empty Chopper, everything works great, however, when I get into the delivered vehicle it has a CROSSHAIR (server is set to NOT have CROSSHAIRS). Any thoughts?

---------- Post added at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 AM ----------

Hello, first time really giving this mod a go, but I'm having a serious problem. The Profile System is missing from the modules. I have checked in the files and the file for profile system is there, but it's not displaying ingame.

Wow, this thread's huge, and mine's the 4000th post.

The Profiles Module has now been renamed. Did you watch the latest Tutorial Videos from Arjay? The old PROFILE Sys Module is now the VIRTUAL AI SYS Module :)

One of the Devs will correct me here but I am sure that I once read to use RECTANGLE TAOR MARKERS?

My question is - when I call for a Heli Insertion to deliver me an Empty Chopper, everything works great, however, when I get into the delivered vehicle it has a CROSSHAIR (server is set to NOT have CROSSHAIRS). Any thoughts?

Rectangle and circles are fine, but i believe ellipses (different x/y values) could cause issues due to Bis_fnc_inTrigger failing for some ellipses, http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19268

is it possible to same side,same faction and more than one opcom modules with their own placement modules ?

Can you pastebin your server rpt? Did you turn on persistent in each module? Player persistence placed?

Hi Tupalov

Server RPT for today is at the following drop box.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1d4932oj74z0lo/arma3server_2014-10-05_12-41-15.rar?dl=0

I placed a new version on where I confirmed all the original modules indeed had persistence. everything appears to be functioning in terms of player save and now the alive server exit panel is coming up however appears to hang (we were waiting 20 minutes in order to allow it time). I did not in the log that we had the following

12:48:23 ALiVE SYS_PLAYER - DISCONNECT

12:48:23 Error in expression <his}) then {nil} else {_this}, 2, _hash select 3] call CBA_fnc_defaultParam; ;

>

12:48:23 Error position: <select 3] call CBA_fnc_defaultParam; ;

>

12:48:23 Error select: Type Object, expected Array,Config entry

12:48:23 File x\cba\addons\hashes\fnc_hashGet.sqf, line 11

12:48:23 Error in expression <oDB";

;

if (_check) then {

;

_result = [ALiVE_sys_player_datahandler, "bulkSave">

12:48:23 Error position: <ALiVE_sys_player_datahandler, "bulkSave">

12:48:23 Error Undefined variable in expression: alive_sys_player_datahandler

12:48:23 File x\alive\addons\sys_player\fnc_player.sqf, line 350

Hi all,

does anyone know if simply having Alive as an addon,in my folder(but NOT active in my mission,ie.no modules placed),would interfere with other scripts such as spawn scripts.or patrol scripts such as UPS/UPSMON?

What exactly do you mean "in your folder"? Are you talking about a mod folder you throw all mods into? If so, and if enabled then YES it can interfere whether or not you have any modules placed down. You should always keep mods in their own folders not grouped together in a common one. Lots of issues will arise I'm sure.

How do I disable unit markers?

Smaller blue intel markers - disable friendly intel in the C2ISTAR module.

Slightly larger side coloured markers - disable debug in placement modules.

Default Arma 3 markers - play on veteran or higher, or customize difficulty settings in options.

Tried the new task system with C2ISTAR. Seems to work pretty decent however do the tasks actually complete or is that up to the human players to decide and mark complete manually through C2ISTAR? Seems OPCOM never completed the tasks for us even though we took an area we were tasked etc.

Other than that really liking it.

Tried the new task system with C2ISTAR. Seems to work pretty decent however do the tasks actually complete or is that up to the human players to decide and mark complete manually through C2ISTAR? Seems OPCOM never completed the tasks for us even though we took an area we were tasked etc.

Other than that really liking it.

Generated tasks should complete automatically. What task was it?

Generated tasks should complete automatically. What task was it?

There were two times I generated tasks both of which had multiple parts to them.

The first was "Attack the civilian objective" with a subtask of "Clear the town". This area ended up being basically a shack in the middle of nowhere. We did have a large fire-fight around it and then we just hung out at the shack for a while. It is possible that perhaps there were still enemy around but don't think so. I had all debugging turned on and there weren't any enemy markers close enough I don't think (closest maybe 500-600m away). Not sure if perhaps we didn't wait long enough but I figured after a few minutes I wasn't going to stick around any longer.

The second was "Attack Emplacement" with 2 subtasks. First "Move to forming up point" and then "Attack objective". None of these completed automatically. The objective had no enemy and we just tooled around it for a while and then got bored.

Ok I too was trying to do this. Have CAS for transport helo. I placed a chopper with init code (this setvariable ["CS_TYPE","TRANSPORT"]; this setvariable ["CS_CALLSIGN","HARDCORE"]) Synched to Combat Support Module. Placed Attack Chopper (WARHORSE). Placed trigger with Condition: isEngineOn HARDCORE and ON ACT. [WARHORSE] join HARDCORE; titletext[format["Hardcore On!."],"PLAIN"];. The attack chopper (WARHORSE) will join HARDCORE, but will hover while transport chopper (HARDCORE) moves to location, once transport chopper starts to land, CAS Chopper moves to location, then as transport chopper RTB, CAS Chopper hovers till Transport starts to land then fly's to join him. Hope I didn't confuse everyone! Its like the CAS Chopper doesn't know the Transport is moving.

Thanks For Help

I Was Wondering If This Could Be Due To Waypoints? Does Alive Create Waypoints From Mapclicks? Sorry If Stupid Question, I Would Just Like To Have Some CAS For Transport Choppers When Called.

Any Help Appreciated

Dan

Edited by SlammanDan

Highead's been working on the simulated speed of profiled unit movement and engagements to balance them a bit. I've not actually done any empirical tests recently but it seems to be fine in the Release Candidate. It's relatively easy to tweak though so just a case of balancing as we progress.

Been away from Alive for a bit but back to it since 0.8 and the C2ISTAR looked really interesting to me. Thoroughly enjoying messing around with it.

However, I reported this speed issue before and in my opinion it is still way too quick. Probably at least 5 times faster than it should be. I just watched a group of Hunter's travel over 2km of brutal terrain (no roads) in about 20-30 seconds. I could see if they were flying down an open highway or something this would be possible but certainly not when they are anticipating combat. I realize you guys are not modelling terrain YET but still, the average speed of vehicles shouldn't be this quick.

The other thing I noticed (although not sure if I've defined something incorrectly) is that my AI units (that are not profiled) don't seem to trigger profiled units. How I noticed this was because I was engaged with some units with my group and I died and respawned back at base. The AI units in my group and still under my control who should have been still engaged called an all clear. I can still see the debug marker of the profile enemy group right on top of my AI units. Once I teleported back to their location the profiled units showed up again.

Hi Tupalov

Server RPT for today is at the following drop box.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1d4932oj74z0lo/arma3server_2014-10-05_12-41-15.rar?dl=0

I placed a new version on where I confirmed all the original modules indeed had persistence. everything appears to be functioning in terms of player save and now the alive server exit panel is coming up however appears to hang (we were waiting 20 minutes in order to allow it time). I did not in the log that we had the following

12:48:23 ALiVE SYS_PLAYER - DISCONNECT

12:48:23 Error in expression <his}) then {nil} else {_this}, 2, _hash select 3] call CBA_fnc_defaultParam; ;

>

12:48:23 Error position: <select 3] call CBA_fnc_defaultParam; ;

>

12:48:23 Error select: Type Object, expected Array,Config entry

12:48:23 File x\cba\addons\hashes\fnc_hashGet.sqf, line 11

12:48:23 Error in expression <oDB";

;

if (_check) then {

;

_result = [ALiVE_sys_player_datahandler, "bulkSave">

12:48:23 Error position: <ALiVE_sys_player_datahandler, "bulkSave">

12:48:23 Error Undefined variable in expression: alive_sys_player_datahandler

12:48:23 File x\alive\addons\sys_player\fnc_player.sqf, line 350

Hi Guys

Understand this was being looked into just wondering if there was a dianosis of being on our side? Just wishing to follow up so I can rectify any screw up I made for this weekend.

Cheers

Loving the newest changes to the files and the way it works.

Hi Guys

Understand this was being looked into just wondering if there was a dianosis of being on our side? Just wishing to follow up so I can rectify any screw up I made for this weekend.

Cheers

Hi mate can you PM me your skype details so we can look into your issues.

We do have a Sector Display function as part of our Command and Control module (C2ISTAR)

I wanted to play around with C2ISTAR stuff in 0.8 after seeing ARJay's video so I decided to recreate the mission that he shows in the video.

On one of our generated tasks we found ourselves getting surrounded in a valley and somehow a helicopter started providing CAS for us. We didn't call it in, it just happened to show up at a good time and started making passes up and down the valley. So great to see this kind of thing out of the blue with Alive.

Here is a short video:

I have some quick questions about setting up the modules if anyone would be good enough to provide some insight for.

The first is regarding proper syntax for specifying multiple factions in the faction override dialog box.

Does it require brackets and quotes separated by commas? or just brackets and commas or neither? The tooltip info for various faction override dialog boxes say different things and I'm having difficulty figuring out whether the system is selecting between a variety of factions instead of just choosing one.

When I specify one faction it seems to work well enough, however I'd like a bit of variety. And yes, I've tested both factions I wish to use and both conform to the standards set forth by the devs so they do both spawn. I just have no idea if the system is able to select between them.

The second pertains to overrides for group types, just to confirm do you simply input the preferred number of each type of group you want? That seems how it works, but I'm just trying to get a confirmation because it seems pretty random at times what alive wants to spawn.

And finally regarding the virtual AI system module, is the spawn radius the max distance AI will spawn away from the player, meaning they will spawn anywhere inside that radius or is that the max distance at which AI spawning begins?

Edited by Pd3

Hmm, good question. Sometimes it takes brackets too I think - can we get Clarity on that ALiVE chaps ?

I've got it to work each time, but more by trial than judgement. Perhaps the tooltips could be audited for accuracy.

SJ

Hello,

I just created a map and placed the Required modules and added the C2ISTAR module.

I left the C2ISTAR with the "LaserDesignator".

I saved the map and went into Multiplayer to test.

In MultiP I am able to pull up the C2ISTAR interface and create a task but I do not see any players to "assign".

I tried making a couple maps and always experience the same issue.

I have tried this WITH NO Mods except CBA and I and tried it WITH Mods. Both ways I cannot "assign players"

Even the auto generate task is not marking anything on the map as well.

C2ISTAR will Auto generate a task in the console window, but nothing appears on map for anyone to see.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

Edited by Graywolf

I also do have another question regarding alive's applicability for simulating active city/wide battles for example in locations such as fallujah.

By default alive tends to want to assign objectives and lump forces near those objectives leaving the player to either have a massive crapload of ai running about or traverse largely empty streets.

Is there any way to customize alive to provide an experience that provides a better appearance of widespread opposition, or at least designate objectives?

I'm trying instead of using one large TAOR to utilize many and it still seems like the system by default is persnickety about what it considers important, possibly due to the use of legacy A1/A2 type buildings, not sure.