wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

We're still in feature dev, so there's no point doing constant hot fixes. It'll be ready when it's ready. The date changed cos you're looking at the new roadmap for the next 0.9 release. This may give you a clue as to the current status of 0.8 (hint: it's in closed testing and getting some final bug fixes).

Btw, as very early warning for 0.9 (the release after next), we will be making some fairly major changes to simplify and consolidate various modules in order to make ALiVE more intuitive. This will have an impact on existing ALiVE missions. We'll make plenty of noise about this in the run up to that release but it's several weeks away yet so no need to panic.

Edited by friznit2

Yah 0.8 is complete (which is why its not on the DH roadmap now). Once we get confirmation from closed testers all is good, we will release to the public.

We have tutorial videos lined up for the new features too!

In another update, we are prepping War Room for some updates (coming in 0.9). During Alpha/Beta we'd recorded over 1,000,000 events as our stats and tracking system went through a number of under the hood improvements. The plan was to reset player stats for 0.9, but due to a technical issue our hand was forced sligthly earlier than planned. So, if you go on War Room you'll probably note your player stats are back to zero. Mission persistence is not affected. Ultimately this will help us bug fix the War Room and get it ready for proper AAR when 0.9 comes out. That means you'll be able to truly track all player movement, kills and major events that happen in game on our web based Operations map.

You'll probably have noticed that ALiVE Mod updates occur around about the same time as Arma 3 updates... Given the size of ALiVE now and the number of people working on it, a 4-6 week sprint isn't unreasonable. :)

Thanks again for all your support!

We're still in feature dev, so there's no point doing constant hot fixes. It'll be ready when it's ready. The date changed cos you're looking at the new roadmap for the next 0.9 release. This may give you a clue as to the current status of 0.8 (hint: it's in closed testing and getting some final bug fixes).

Btw, as very early warning for 0.9 (the release after next), we will be making some fairly major changes to simplify and consolidate various modules in order to make ALiVE more intuitive. This will have an impact on existing ALiVE missions. We'll make plenty of noise about this in the run up to that release but it's several weeks away yet so no need to panic.

Mmmmmmm great news.... love me some alive..

I'm trying to lock vehicles to the player (vehicle lock player) with a manually placed vehicle. empty or manned it doesn't matter when I try to get in, it's unlocked. Same for regular lock. A mission with no Alive modules doesn't do this and the vehicles are locked. Is this known or am I doing something wrong? could you also add an option to lock all vehicles spawned by Alive for the player? For example military locked but ambient unlocked. It can make smaller missions way too easy if you get a hold of enemy armour.

I'm trying to lock vehicles to the player (vehicle lock player) with a manually placed vehicle. empty or manned it doesn't matter when I try to get in, it's unlocked. Same for regular lock. A mission with no Alive modules doesn't do this and the vehicles are locked. Is this known or am I doing something wrong? could you also add an option to lock all vehicles spawned by Alive for the player? For example military locked but ambient unlocked. It can make smaller missions way too easy if you get a hold of enemy armour.

Have you tried syncing the vehicles to the Profile module (assuming it is set to only profile synced units)? It could be something to do with them being profiled interfering with the locking somehow (I'm not in any way knowledgeable - just guessing).

Have you tried syncing the vehicles to the Profile module (assuming it is set to only profile synced units)? It could be something to do with them being profiled interfering with the locking somehow (I'm not in any way knowledgeable - just guessing).

Indeed, it happens when they are profiled. Syncing them to the module (set to profile everything except synced units) they are locked like they are supposed to. It's a shame, I don't want to disable profiling to lock vehicles.

Indeed, it happens when they are profiled. Syncing them to the module (set to profile everything except synced units) they are locked like they are supposed to. It's a shame, I don't want to disable profiling to lock vehicles.

Hey!

If you really want to have all vehicles locked throught a mission, regarding of any mods spawning in stuff i suggest to use https://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/wiki/Extended_Eventhandlers

so putting into your description.ext of your mission like this... (havent tested this, refer to the link above)

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers {

class LandVehicle

{

SLX_Vehicle_init="_this setVehicleLock 'locked'";

};

};

I highly suggest to not lock all vehicles, it just defeats the fun! And if oyu only have a few unprofiled vehicles it doesnt matter on performance at all!

Its just how you play it!

PS: Fawrking formatting ;)

Enjoy

We had some awesome fun today with ALiVE on the mission we currently have going in Det-5. I think we had around 20 players on and when I was on we watched a guerilla unit attack and AAF held town and win; albeit with a little help from a Blackfoot about a klick out. Lets just say that the updates are well worth the work put into them.

Edited by reschke

Forgive me if this has nothing to do with Alive (though I am fairly sure it has) but I had a neat tagging system for friends, unknown and enemies (blue, orange and white respectively) until recently. It made all the difference to my personal performance in SP games - but suddenly it has vanished and I am getting creamed by enemies I can't even see. Realistic, perhaps, but truly annoying. Is this an Alive function and, if so, what happened? If not - my apologies again, but can anyone give me a heads-up on what, where and how to fix it.

class LandVehicle

{

};

};

Enjoy

Thank you, I will try to get this to work for the enemy armoured vehicles, but leave lighter and ambient vehicles unlocked.

I would love it if you could somehow integrate a similar lock/unlock system in the military (etc) placement modules for Alive to spawn. If not in those modules, maybe a separate Alive vehicle lock module that you could sync to other modules where you want vehicles to be locked/unlocked?

Thank you, I will try to get this to work for the enemy armoured vehicles, but leave lighter and ambient vehicles unlocked.

Maybe "class Armored" in place of "class LandVehicle" might do it - I have something similar in my mission so if this isn't working as I think please somebody correct me...

Forgive me if this has nothing to do with Alive (though I am fairly sure it has) but I had a neat tagging system for friends, unknown and enemies (blue, orange and white respectively) until recently...can anyone give me a heads-up on what, where and how to fix it.

Please link us to the script/mod in question! Is it not working at all for any units? Or only units placed on the map manually? Or units spawned in during runtime? If it doesn't work with units spawned in during runtime (for example, if the tagging script only runs once during mission init), then it won't work with ALiVE profiles (which are basically spawned units) and your script will need to be updated.

If it's not a script you're using, then it's probably a game difficulty setting (I think there's something about tagging, never used it though), which has nothing to do with ALiVE.

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/wiki/Extended_Eventhandlers

class LandVehicle

{

};

};

I haven't been able to get this to work unfortunately, it's throwing a generic error in expression #setVehicleLock

Maybe "class Armored" in place of "class LandVehicle" might do it - I have something similar in my mission so if this isn't working as I think please somebody correct me...

That would help me a lot, thank you. Right now I'm using a script that loops every 30 seconds and locks enemy vehicles based on their classnames and it's not ideal.

if (isServer) then {
While {True} do
{
{_x setVehicleLock "LOCKED"} forEach (allMissionObjects "MRAP_02_base_F");
{_x setVehicleLock "LOCKED"} forEach (allMissionObjects "APC_Wheeled_02_base_F");
{_x setVehicleLock "LOCKED"} forEach (allMissionObjects "APC_Tracked_02_base_F");
{_x setVehicleLock "LOCKED"} forEach (allMissionObjects "MBT_02_base_F");
{clearWeaponCargoGlobal _x} foreach (allMissionObjects "MRAP_02_base_F");
{clearWeaponCargoGlobal _x} foreach (allMissionObjects "APC_Wheeled_02_base_F");
{clearWeaponCargoGlobal _x} foreach (allMissionObjects "APC_Tracked_02_base_F");
{clearWeaponCargoGlobal _x} foreach (allMissionObjects "MBT_02_base_F");
sleep 30;
};
};

I haven't been able to get this to work unfortunately, it's throwing a generic error in expression #setVehicleLock

That would help me a lot, thank you. Right now I'm using a script that loops every 30 seconds and locks enemy vehicles based on their classnames and it's not ideal.

if (isServer) then {
While {True} do
{
{_x setVehicleLock "LOCKED"} forEach (allMissionObjects "MRAP_02_base_F");
{_x setVehicleLock "LOCKED"} forEach (allMissionObjects "APC_Wheeled_02_base_F");
{_x setVehicleLock "LOCKED"} forEach (allMissionObjects "APC_Tracked_02_base_F");
{_x setVehicleLock "LOCKED"} forEach (allMissionObjects "MBT_02_base_F");
{clearWeaponCargoGlobal _x} foreach (allMissionObjects "MRAP_02_base_F");
{clearWeaponCargoGlobal _x} foreach (allMissionObjects "APC_Wheeled_02_base_F");
{clearWeaponCargoGlobal _x} foreach (allMissionObjects "APC_Tracked_02_base_F");
{clearWeaponCargoGlobal _x} foreach (allMissionObjects "MBT_02_base_F");
sleep 30;
};
};

Oh wow, PLEASE dont do that. AllMissionObjects is a really performance hitting command if called even once! And I see you call it everytime for every action, if you choose to go that way (i suggest not to use a loop with that) then please collect all the objects prior: _amo = +(allMissionObjects "Land"); {_allCode} foreach _amo; !

But I will try to get you a working extended EH snippet tomorrow when im on PC!

David,

So, this is what works (put in description.ext)

class LandVehicle {
	init = "vehicle (_this select 0) setVehicleLock 'locked'";
};
class Air {
	init = "vehicle (_this select 0) setVehicleLock 'locked'";
};
};

Please provide feedback if that works for you

Yes that works, thanks a lot highhead.

Narrowed it down to only lock Opfor armour so that it leaves ambient vehicles and friendly vehicles unlocked.

class MRAP_02_base_F {
       init = "vehicle (_this select 0) setVehicleLock 'locked'; clearWeaponCargoGlobal vehicle (_this select 0)";
   };
   class APC_Wheeled_02_base_F {
       init = "vehicle (_this select 0) setVehicleLock 'locked'; clearWeaponCargoGlobal vehicle (_this select 0)";
   };
   class APC_Tracked_02_base_F {
   };
   class MBT_02_base_F {
   };
};

This is pretty handy, I'll use it for other things as well. Thanks again.

Is there any way you could make a interface for alive that could e used with zeus or a user friendly interface that can e used in real time that explains in detail what each module does and the correct way to place them and sync and so on. When it comes to just usinging the editor. I get confused by just looking at the modules and having to use sciprts to change faction sides etc. It would be nice to just have a nice clean interface like mcc. I just have a hard time using this even with te tutorials because I suck with the putting it all together. or reading manuals for this. Im just not a editor expert by no means.

We're working on several things that will help you: simplified tutorial tour of the modules, more details in the module 'show info' boxes and some autorun modules which you can place and will set up a basic mission for you. The available tutorials on our website and the wiki explain everything you need to know for now, or you can depbo one our vanilla missions and see how it's put together.

---------- Post added at 10:43 ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 ----------

Hi, does alivemod support everon2014 (map)?

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Maps

I have problem with ALIVE stability - what I mean is that when I play in editor everything works fine (I use - Requires alive, AI skill, Viev settings, Profile system, Garbage collector, OPCOM, Military cywilian placment, military placement, CQB, Logistic and Custom objectives) but after saving and sending to dedi server, alive start to work randomly, sometimes it doesn t spawn anything, sometimes is few units (when taor marker is 6kmx6km and it is set to have limit of 400) and sometimes works fine - I can t reproduce this every time it is random, I can restart mission and it starts to work - any ideas what can cause it?

I use many mods, but mostly for units and weapons and AGM, for missions I use F3 framework - might there be any conflict? (sorry for mistakes)

Hi all,

does anyone know if simply having Alive as an addon,in my folder(but NOT active in my mission,ie.no modules placed),would interfere with other scripts such as spawn scripts.or patrol scripts such as UPS/UPSMON?

I use many mods, but mostly for units and weapons and AGM, for missions I use F3 framework - might there be any conflict? (sorry for mistakes)

Do you or the server have AGM_NoRadio.pbo loaded? There is a conflict when you run it together with Alive.

Hi all,

does anyone know if simply having Alive as an addon,in my folder(but NOT active in my mission,ie.no modules placed),would interfere with other scripts such as spawn scripts.or patrol scripts such as UPS/UPSMON?

It won't interfere.

Hi, does alivemod support everon2014 (map)? Seams that the map wont index correct:

http://imageshack.com/a/img631/7241/8grlI2.jpg

Thanks - request added:

https://dev.withsix.com/issues/75316

I have problem with ALIVE stability - what I mean is that when I play in editor everything works fine (I use - Requires alive, AI skill, Viev settings, Profile system, Garbage collector, OPCOM, Military cywilian placment, military placement, CQB, Logistic and Custom objectives) but after saving and sending to dedi server, alive start to work randomly, sometimes it doesn t spawn anything, sometimes is few units (when taor marker is 6kmx6km and it is set to have limit of 400) and sometimes works fine - I can t reproduce this every time it is random, I can restart mission and it starts to work - any ideas what can cause it?

With regards to the CQB module there is a known issue where units will only spawn if CQB is set to Server (ie: not JIP clients) - this will be fixed in the next release.

If it's random like you say then most likely there is a mod conflict or it could be as easy as having too many placement modules/profiles. I would test your mission without mods like AGM, and confirm that the modded units you are using are known to work with ALiVE

I use 1 military civilian plaement only - as units i use mostly - caf ag, might it have something with players that have dc or got kicked and then they rejoin? I will do some testing with diffrent mods and setings, and see if i find something.