wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

hi I resolved my issue, it was basically because I was copy and pasting from the wiki page then wen I typed in the factions in manually it works now weird in it,

My question is regards to logistics with lifter and cargo. If I remember correctly, its already in the mod, you don't need to place module, unless you want to disable features of logistics. So I am wondering, I have been testing some things and donot have any options for lifting veh w/ heli or loading cargo when near crates. I presume I am missing something. I will go back to the video however can anyone go into more detail about this?

Thanks.

I Am Also Having This Problem. Vanilla Alive .7 I Have Action To Carry Or Drop But No Action To Load In Any Vehicle. Tested In Alive Mission 8 From Tutorial Page. No Other Mods But CBA.

Trying to preview the Alive Insurgency mission does not work for me,it just loads forever. I found the line "Warning: This version of ALiVE is build for A3 version: 126.126763. The server is running version: 128.127008. Please contact your server administrator and update to the latest ALiVE release version." is that the reason why it doesn`t work? used the 0.7 from the ALive website btw

Trying to preview the Alive Insurgency mission does not work for me,it just loads forever. I found the line "Warning: This version of ALiVE is build for A3 version: 126.126763. The server is running version: 128.127008. Please contact your server administrator and update to the latest ALiVE release version." is that the reason why it doesn`t work? used the 0.7 from the ALive website btw

Tried completely removing Alive and redownloading / reinstalling?

this was a fresh/first install so no,not yet.gonna try that tho

Thanks for the report ufopilot, it's possible that insurgency mission no longer works with the latest versions of ALiVE. I'll see if I can find the issue. In the mean time I suggest trying the demo missions in @ALiVE/mpmissions/

---------- Post added at 07:57 ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 ----------

I Am Also Having This Problem. Vanilla Alive .7 I Have Action To Carry Or Drop But No Action To Load In Any Vehicle. Tested In Alive Mission 8 From Tutorial Page. No Other Mods But CBA.

Do you remember what type of vehicle you were trying to load into? Just be aware that some things are too big to load into some vehicles.

---------- Post added at 07:59 ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 ----------

hi I resolved my issue, it was basically because I was copy and pasting from the wiki page then wen I typed in the factions in manually it works now weird in it,

There is an issue with the Arma module framework, if you enter a space at the end or beginning of one of the faction text fields, it will break the faction and revert back to OPF_F. So make sure you don't have any spaces in your faction fields.

Bump from 8 SEP...

Has anyone had any issues with Alive assigning your AI squad to defensive positions within a TAOR? I even have my player (team leader) synced to the profile module and its on selection 'dont profile synced'. It's happened not only shortly after start, it's also happened after I geared up, loaded my peeps into a chopper and flew 6 clicks to a forward, friendly held operations outpost. As soon as I landed....poof, three of my team were magically transported from the seats in the helo...to the guard towers 150 meters away.

Do you remember what type of vehicle you were trying to load into? Just be aware that some things are too big to load into some vehicles.

---------- Post added at 07:59 ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 ----------

Ok I Was Just Doing It Wrong. I Did Not Realize You Have To Drop The Crate Next To The Vehicle First, Then You Have Action To Stow In Cargo. I Was Thinking I Would Have Option To Stow In Cargo While I Was Carrying. Thanks So Much For A Great Mod! Thanks ARJay For Reply!

I Went Back And Watched The Tutorial Video And In The Video You Didn't Actually Have To Drop Cargo First, So Maybe Something Is Still Wrong. But I Can Get It To Work So Im Happy!

Edited by SlammanDan

Bump from 8 SEP...

Has anyone had any issues with Alive assigning your AI squad to defensive positions within a TAOR? I even have my player (team leader) synced to the profile module and its on selection 'dont profile synced'. It's happened not only shortly after start, it's also happened after I geared up, loaded my peeps into a chopper and flew 6 clicks to a forward, friendly held operations outpost. As soon as I landed....poof, three of my team were magically transported from the seats in the helo...to the guard towers 150 meters away.

I'll check this out for you Sabot.

---------- Post added at 14:39 ---------- Previous post was at 14:38 ----------

Ok I Was Just Doing It Wrong. I Did Not Realize You Have To Drop The Crate Next To The Vehicle First, Then You Have Action To Stow In Cargo. I Was Thinking I Would Have Option To Stow In Cargo While I Was Carrying. Thanks So Much For A Great Mod! Thanks ARJay For Reply!

I Went Back And Watched The Tutorial Video And In The Video You Didn't Actually Have To Drop Cargo First, So Maybe Something Is Still Wrong. But I Can Get It To Work So Im Happy!

Hmm I have never had to drop the crate first before loading in, that sounds odd!

I know the AllInArma factions are not on the supported factions list but I was wondering if anyone else had an issue when trying to use them. The Takistan units work OK but when I spawn USMC or US Army units they immediately start attacking each other. According to the debugs on the map they were being spawned as OPFOR. I am using AiA and the AiA HQ replacement pack.

This a known issue with the AiA ported units. I don't know why or how they're 'translated into ArmA3 speak' but they don't work nicely with each other when you spawn them in! I suspect it's something to do with the way AiA works (presumably a config setting somewhere?)

Thanks for the report ufopilot, it's possible that insurgency mission no longer works with the latest versions of ALiVE. I'll see if I can find the issue. In the mean time I suggest trying the demo missions in @ALiVE/mpmissions/

will do but i am happy to read that you will look into this since i`m looking for exactly that,a ALIVE supported insurgency framework.many thanks

@ARJay,

Thanks. It's awfully odd, but it happens almost three out of four times.

I have yet to find out what the common denominator is.

Bump from 8 SEP...

Here is what I posted a while back :)

Originally Posted by REAPER LOK View Post

So I am having a slight issue when calling in a group via the Player Resupply feature. I select join player group and when they parachute down they just stand there and do not join or move.

Now, the issue is that while in the Mission Editor it works fine and the units join as soon as their boots hit the ground. Its only when i upload the mission to our game server that the feature stops working (never works), am I overlooking something simple here?

Addons running:

Tacops

ASR-AI

INS-Revive

ALiVE

Any help is most appreciated - the fact that it works perfectly in the editor yet not on the server has me stumped.

Here is the reply:

Can you remove ASR and INS Rev to make it vanilla and upload the mish to our feedback tracker please! Im going to take a look! Also ARJay did a overhaul of the system so may be gone with upcoming update! Still thanks for reporting!

Here is what I posted a while back :)

Originally Posted by REAPER LOK View Post

So I am having a slight issue when calling in a group via the Player Resupply feature. I select join player group and when they parachute down they just stand there and do not join or move.

Now, the issue is that while in the Mission Editor it works fine and the units join as soon as their boots hit the ground. Its only when i upload the mission to our game server that the feature stops working (never works), am I overlooking something simple here?

Addons running:

Tacops

ASR-AI

INS-Revive

ALiVE

Any help is most appreciated - the fact that it works perfectly in the editor yet not on the server has me stumped.

Here is the reply:

Can you remove ASR and INS Rev to make it vanilla and upload the mish to our feedback tracker please! Im going to take a look! Also ARJay did a overhaul of the system so may be gone with upcoming update! Still thanks for reporting!

Hi REAPER, Yep we have fixed a fair few issues with player resupply, the AI join groups on dedicated is one of them. The improved player resupply will be included in the 0.8 release which shouldn't be too far off.

Hi REAPER, Yep we have fixed a fair few issues with player resupply, the AI join groups on dedicated is one of them. The improved player resupply will be included in the 0.8 release which shouldn't be too far off.

Music to my ears ARJay!! Myself and the guys I game with have enjoyed the MSO mod and now ALiVE mod, we do not play without it and its functionality. I have created numerous missions with ALivE and the ability to create a Capture and Hold Mission with reinforcements that will take up defensive positions as we push forward will be a delight ;)

Also....would it be possible to have the Player Resupply functionality without the need of a friendly MP or MCP? I have tested both options and find it only works with an OPCOM and the Logistics Module with a MP or MCP. The problem I find is that needing a TAOR marker will either force Player Tasks or Place Units....what if I do not want either? Not a deal breaker by any stretch of the imagination, just a thought out loud :)

Looking forward to the next update!!!

REAPER

Music to my ears ARJay!! Myself and the guys I game with have enjoyed the MSO mod and now ALiVE mod, we do not play without it and its functionality. I have created numerous missions with ALivE and the ability to create a Capture and Hold Mission with reinforcements that will take up defensive positions as we push forward will be a delight ;)

Also....would it be possible to have the Player Resupply functionality without the need of a friendly MP or MCP? I have tested both options and find it only works with an OPCOM and the Logistics Module with a MP or MCP. The problem I find is that needing a TAOR marker will either force Player Tasks or Place Units....what if I do not want either? Not a deal breaker by any stretch of the imagination, just a thought out loud :)

Looking forward to the next update!!!

REAPER

Glad you are enjoying the ALiVE experience REAPER, I think you will like the 0.80 update with improved Player created and auto generated tasks system, SITREP, PATROLREP, advanced marker functionality, and very much improved Multispawn module!

Currently Player Resupply is just an interface into the military logistics system, so it doesn't work stand alone.

Also note that OPCOM created tasks are being removed in 0.8 and replaced by the new C2ISTAR task system (which if you didn't see the sneak peek video:

are displayed there) So your OPCOM won't issue waypoints or create tasks.

I suggest - if you want the impression of a very small force for your side in operation, then use a TAOR on one location (or custom objective in 0.8) give it an OPCOM but don't sync the enemy OPCOM to the BLUFOR placement or any of the enemy placements to the BLUFOR OPCOM. This should result in one FOB that will be your insertion point for logistics deliveries, and which will not be taken over by enemy.

If you place this one lonely outpost far away from your proposed operating area it should be hidden from players reasonably well

Edited by ARJay

Glad you are enjoying the ALiVE experience REAPER, I think you will like the 0.80 update with improved Player created and auto generated tasks system, SITREP, PATROLREP, advanced marker functionality, and very much improved Multispawn module!

Currently Player Resupply is just an interface into the military logistics system, so it doesn't work stand alone.

Also note that OPCOM created tasks are being removed in 0.8 and replaced by the new C2ISTAR task system (which if you didn't see the sneak peek video:

are displayed there) So your OPCOM won't issue waypoints or create tasks.

I suggest - if you want the impression of a very small force for your side in operation, then use a TAOR on one location (or custom objective in 0.8) give it an OPCOM but don't sync the enemy OPCOM to the BLUFOR placement or any of the enemy placements to the BLUFOR OPCOM. This should result in one FOB that will be your insertion point for logistics deliveries, and which will not be taken over by enemy.

If you place this one lonely outpost far away from your proposed operating area it should be hidden from players reasonably well

I just updated my mission with your suggestion of using a Custom Mil Placement to gain access to the Player Supply functionality....works great!!!

I have noticed another item that you may or may not have noticed. We play on Veteran Mode (no crosshairs in particular), however, when we call in a Chopper to use via the Player Resupply feature, it always comes with crosshairs (even choppers without weapon systems).....hmmmmm.

I watched the highlight video you linked for me....excellent work, we are looking forward to playing with the Task system :) Any possibility of doing a short tutorial/explanation video to talk us through a few of the new features. I for one am often the first to update the ALiVE Mod but overlook some of the new additions......mainly ignorance and partial not knowing they exist :)

Once again, great work on the Mod and the continued improvements the updates bring with them :):)

REAPER

Really looking forward to player tasks. My resupply requests get hung on requested so I need to do some testing tonight. I likely didn't setup the op com right or something

Really looking forward to player tasks. My resupply requests get hung on requested so I need to do some testing tonight. I likely didn't setup the op com right or something

I think you need an OPCOM (set to your faction), the Logistics Module synced to the OPCOM (not grouped)......and the Player Resupply Module (not grouper OR synced) with at least one instance of either a Military Placement Module, Custom Military Placement or Mil Civ Placement Module, Sync this to OPCOM also. Make sure you have the TAOR marker correctly identified within your MP, MCP Module if you are using those.

Correct me if I am wrong, lol

REAPER

hello, quick question

I want to use the Player Persistence module so that if people crash or their electricity goes out, etc. they can rejoin the mission from where they left off. However, I don't know how to do this. If I just place the player persistence module in the mission and I try testing it on the server, I can exit the mission but I can't come back because my slot is gone. How can I properly use player persistence?

I think you need an OPCOM (set to your faction), the Logistics Module synced to the OPCOM (not grouped)......and the Player Resupply Module (not grouper OR synced) with at least one instance of either a Military Placement Module, Custom Military Placement or Mil Civ Placement Module, Sync this to OPCOM also. Make sure you have the TAOR marker correctly identified within your MP, MCP Module if you are using those.

Correct me if I am wrong, lol

REAPER

Sounds right... and I thought I had it done right. Likely not though... I've got my fingers crossed that one of the other 40 mods hasn't broken the script request

I just updated my mission with your suggestion of using a Custom Mil Placement to gain access to the Player Supply functionality....works great!!!

I have noticed another item that you may or may not have noticed. We play on Veteran Mode (no crosshairs in particular), however, when we call in a Chopper to use via the Player Resupply feature, it always comes with crosshairs (even choppers without weapon systems).....hmmmmm.

I watched the highlight video you linked for me....excellent work, we are looking forward to playing with the Task system :) Any possibility of doing a short tutorial/explanation video to talk us through a few of the new features. I for one am often the first to update the ALiVE Mod but overlook some of the new additions......mainly ignorance and partial not knowing they exist :)

Once again, great work on the Mod and the continued improvements the updates bring with them :):)

REAPER

Yep we will be making Tutorials for all the new and updated modules before the 0.8 release so keep an eye out.

---------- Post added at 12:12 ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 ----------

There is a bug currently in player resupply where the system will sometimes get stuck on requesting, there is a fix for this in 0.8. Until that time I suggest not making request calls too early in the mission.

hello, quick question

I want to use the Player Persistence module so that if people crash or their electricity goes out, etc. they can rejoin the mission from where they left off. However, I don't know how to do this. If I just place the player persistence module in the mission and I try testing it on the server, I can exit the mission but I can't come back because my slot is gone. How can I properly use player persistence?

Did you try opening the options in the Player Persistence Module. I think there is one option to allow or not allow players to rejoin in the same slot. Using the assigned ALiVE key you can open the menu and 'Save Player Data'. I am guessing you knew all of this....but maybe not. I am not sure if you can lock or stop other players who join in progress from taking your prior slot if you leave etc.....perhaps having an ADMIN slot might solve your issue?

REAPER