wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

My group has been testing (and enjoying) alive over the last month and incorporated it into our stable mod list today. The immediate reaction was backlash over the alive splash screen. I've heard from others that the developers may add an option to disable it. Is this a possibility? This would benefit the reception of Alive in my community.

My group has been testing (and enjoying) alive over the last month and incorporated it into our stable mod list today. The immediate reaction was backlash over the alive splash screen. I've heard from others that the developers may add an option to disable it. Is this a possibility? This would benefit the reception of Alive in my community.

Thanks for the feedback. We're surprised that people are so bothered at the splash screen. Its something ACE always had and many other mods include.

Can you create a ticket on our issue tracker? If there is enough support for it we'll take a look at changing it :)

http://dev.withsix.com/projects/alive/issues/new

alive <3

one question: any news about the CQB (server) fix?

fixed in Dev already :) will be in next update

Thanks for the feedback. We're surprised that people are so bothered at the splash screen. Its something ACE always had and many other mods include.

Can you create a ticket on our issue tracker? If there is enough support for it we'll take a look at changing it :)

http://dev.withsix.com/projects/alive/issues/new

Thank you. I've opened a ticket here and I'll notify interested players.

Thank you. I've opened a ticket here and I'll notify interested players.

I've also always wondered why a splashscreen is bothering people? whats the reason behind this? (not kidding you, i'm really interested)

I also don't like the splash screen, to be honest I didn't like it even in ACE. I think that custom splash screen in mods is unnecessary. In our community we are using about 50 mods and the only mod which is using custom splash screen is alive and now imagine that few other mods (example AGM, CSE, JSRS2, AIA TP) would have also splash screen, it would be mess.

Though I understand that you dont like it, I cant say that it is unecessary - it is some kind of advertisment for the mod and its team. I dont pay for the mod, though it is a monstrous project these guys are realising,

not to think of the hours of user support in this forum. So why dont let them implement their logo on the splash screen? Also I think other mod splashscreens wouldnt be a problem, cause only one splash screen can be shown at a time? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Quick question about the transpo Combat Support Module, I have a script (outside of ALiVE) that animates the ghosthawk's doors. On a normal Ghosthawk, I would simply execvm the script in the initialization block of any given unit. Is there a way to do this with the CSM?

Not yet. We're reworking Combat Support to allow init lines on vehicles. Hopefully be released in v0.8

Thanks for the (very) quick response! And also thanks for making a mindblowingly awesome mod. I still don't understand why you guys aren't in the running for 'Make Arma Not War'. You'd be crushing most everyone else :)

Oh, I daydream about having an option for LOGCOM to insert troops and equipment via airlifts, that'd be seriously awesome watching C5s and C17s fly in and do their thing.

Strategic lift was planned as part of the module but since there aren't any transport aircraft in vanilla we put it on the back burner and implemented a horrible workaround. It's on a growing list of things that we'll be forced to implement mod support for due to a lack of content in vanilla. Not something we'll do until after official 1.0 release though.

I also don't like the splash screen, to be honest I didn't like it even in ACE. I think that custom splash screen in mods is unnecessary. In our community we are using about 50 mods and the only mod which is using custom splash screen is alive and now imagine that few other mods (example AGM, CSE, JSRS2, AIA TP) would have also splash screen, it would be mess.

I've just implemented a splashscreen.pbo for ALiVE 0.8 (shipping soonish). Remove that pbo and the splash screen won't show on startup. You will ofc see the Arma III splash screen instead :)

Unicorns to follow.

Running CQB on clients (JIP) will obviously save server resources but depending how many AI you're trying to spawn the server should be able to handle the CQB quite happily too. You just need to experiment. Database won't impact server performance. XStream doesn't work very well (if at all) right now. There not a lot to be said about performance that's not already been discussed endlessly on these forums. It depends on your server, the number of players and how many AI you're spawning at once.

Thanks friznit2.

Thank goodness for the unicorns (can we have it released with a separate PBO in case people are offended by its horn).....I kid, I kid!

But seriously, have you looked into the enemy choppers that fly over the AO and do one circuit and then just hit the brakes and hang there - cannon fodder. Maybe its the loiter waypoint mechanic that is not functioning or something else under the ALiVE hood that I am unaware of. Have you noticed or had issue with this?

Regards and keep up the great work......looking forward to the hotfix for groups being able to be commanded on dedi servers and reinforce rather than land and stand (sound like a Swiss Military maneuver) ;)

REAPER

My question is regards to logistics with lifter and cargo. If I remember correctly, its already in the mod, you don't need to place module, unless you want to disable features of logistics. So I am wondering, I have been testing some things and donot have any options for lifting veh w/ heli or loading cargo when near crates. I presume I am missing something. I will go back to the video however can anyone go into more detail about this?

Thanks.

You need to turn on the action menu options using the ALiVE interaction menu, then you will see the menu items pop up when you approach an object.

ALiVE 0.80 Testing Sneak Peak

Various deaths, destruction and some vision of the improvements to the multispawn module (with respawn heli insert, among others) the new C2ISTAR module with Player Tasking, SITREP and PATROLREP functions. Enjoy! :)

The player save is a bit odd. Do players need to disconnect on their own or save on their own? Sometimes, I (the admin) am the only one who gets his position saved.

Also, is there anyway to make the sector display and military intelligence keep constant track on the map. It fades away after awhile and its really hard to know where the action is

guys I cannot for the love of god get any mod faction to work with the mil placements and mil civ placements, I got the pmc to work 1 time now it wont load, the only 1 I can get to work is massi seals faction all the other factions on the alive wiki don't work for me.

I set up military placement and opcom all in a square to make a insurgency gamemode. Does it take forever to preview the mission when I do this? Is there a better and easier way to make a insurgency gamemode??

The player save is a bit odd. Do players need to disconnect on their own or save on their own? Sometimes, I (the admin) am the only one who gets his position saved.

Can you provide a repro? Player state is saved automatically to db when the server exits the mission. You do need to wait until you are returned to the select mission dialog display for everything to be saved.