wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Just updated last night to 0.7 and it deletes Furniture. Yikes. I lost Desk, Table, Laptop, etc.

Weird! Tried re-loading, re-doing & re-saving map 5 times to rule out glitch...

What map are you using it on?

Bystrica (A3MP) W/ The Marine and Russian Naval Inf Pack (Mars + Cha_rus)

EDIT : Just copy and pasted the mission over too Stratis. Same Deal.

EDIT 2: Threw together a quick mission on Atlis with Just vanilla units too see if it was a Mod thing. The Mil Display never even showed for this. On top of that - the intelligence display of friendly units appears to have a 1/1.5 km maximum distance in every direction (N,E,S,W). I can see units within 1.5ish KM of myself, but they disappear after that.

Edited by Burdy

Bystrica (A3MP) W/ The Marine and Russian Naval Inf Pack (Mars + Cha_rus)

EDIT : Just copy and pasted the mission over too Stratis. Same Deal.

EDIT 2: Threw together a quick mission on Atlis with Just vanilla units too see if it was a Mod thing. The Mil Display never even showed for this. On top of that - the intelligence display of friendly units appears to have a 1/1.5 km maximum distance in every direction (N,E,S,W). I can see units within 1.5ish KM of myself, but they disappear after that.

Ok thanks for testing vanilla, will take a look!

The Four Ways demo/test mission on our website is basically that. You can depbo and see how it's put together.

Can you link me to this mission you're referring to? I've looked on the main alivemod.com site /missions subpage and can't find it.

edit: it was in the wiki: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Community_Missions

Edited by Furret

Just updated last night to 0.7 and it deletes Furniture. Yikes. I lost Desk, Table, Laptop, etc.

Weird! Tried re-loading, re-doing & re-saving map 5 times to rule out glitch...

Do you have "this enablesimulation false" on the furniture? You need to turn that off for now...

I cannot get Alive to profile units (OPF_F) spawned by the custom military objective module. They don't have any waypoints issued, they just stand there. Anyone else?

I cannot get Alive to profile units (OPF_F) spawned by the custom military objective module. They don't have any waypoints issued, they just stand there. Anyone else?

Do you have an 'OPCOM' Module placed down and synced to your placement?. Also in the OPCOM module you can set which sides / factions are controlled by that OPCOM.

Do you have an 'OPCOM' Module placed down and synced to your placement?. Also in the OPCOM module you can set which sides / factions are controlled by that OPCOM.

I do. All factions are default OPF_F, the custom military objective is synced to OPCOM which is set to Occupy. I see the units and their profile with debug on but they don't have waypoints issued like they do with the regular military placement.

Sorry, I should have been more clear.

I do. All factions are default OPF_F, the custom military objective is synced to OPCOM which is set to Occupy. I see the units and their profile with debug on but they don't have waypoints issued like they do with the regular military placement.

Sorry, I should have been more clear.

Is it possible you require an enemy held objective for the Opfor OPCOM to attack?. Did you try to sync a BLU_F held Military placement to the OPF_F opcom?.

That should give the OP_F commander something to attack and thus issue orders.

-EDIT this is probably not relevant after re-reading your post.

Do you have "this enablesimulation false" on the furniture? You need to turn that off for now...

Thanks. Yup. That was it. Is this from ALiVE? Or a sneaky bad update from BIS?

I need some furniture for my upcoming Mods, and now they're semi-broken.

Thanks. Yup. That was it. Is this from ALiVE? Or a sneaky bad update from BIS?

I need some furniture for my upcoming Mods, and now they're semi-broken.

Think it's something to do with the new Logistics module - could be wrong though. I think for now just allow simulation on the furniture and hope the enemy don't decide to ride into your base with GMGs blazing, knocking over all your meticulously placed vehicle spawn boards...

Been playing a bit today, and found some bugs, mainly how

Spawn on squad appears to be broken. Most of the time you try to respawn and nothing happens, leaving you spectating from behind. The only way to fix this is reslotting by the player. Some players do not spawn with helmets for some reason.. An odd glitch :P.

Logistic heli's seem to be 50-50 In functionality. Sometimes they work, others they just endlessly circle or don't show up at all. Also, did AI Logistics make it into .7 ? Saw your videos of AI heli insertions but have never experienced it myself.

Last bug report is that the civilian module seems to be broke. Have not seen a single civie since updating too .7

Btw a Few questions - can you use more than two opcoms? I was trying to make a 3 way battle (indie v west v east) and it appeard all west units spawned as east .. And TAOR marks only act as the force's spawn points correct? I'm using it that way (as spawn points) and want to make sure it's only being used as that and not limiting the armies movement (e.g army not leaving spawn due to TAOR marker defining where there responsibility should be)

I have noticed (for some time now), that when I have CAF_Aggressors enabled, the OPFOR often wear Middle Eastern clothes. Not great.

I have noticed (for some time now), that when I have CAF_Aggressors enabled, the OPFOR often wear Middle Eastern clothes. Not great.

Stuff like this?

http://i.imgur.com/a1u5YK7.png (4174 kB)

Maybe an inheritence issue of the class that uses O_Soldier_F as its base.

Yea I have this too. Any suggestions on fix?

It's a config issue with the unit mod that will manifest with any spawn script afaik, not just ALiVE.

DavidZi - Custom Placement (CMP) units are spawned to defend that location. They won't be used by OPCOM like regular MP/MCP units to invade or occupy other objectives. Think of them as a local guard force only. Also in v0.7 the Custom Placements aren't recognised objectives by OPCOM properly - bug fixed in 0.71, which will be out soonâ„¢

Goblin - not sure about that. HH may be able to shed some light on it. I know there have been some recent changes in the BIS patch around enablesimGlobal and this area is all very WIP. Please submit a ticket on DH so we can keep track of the issue.

Burdy - ALiVE's multispawn is still not complete so will be likely break a lot. If you're using regular respawn on squad (player returning to an AI squad member), you need to ensure the remaining AI are not being profiled when the player dies (sync them to the Profile module and set it to not profile synced units).

AI heli insertions is working but it will only happen under certain circumstance. Not sure about the helis landing - I've been experiencing something similar but very occasional with Combat Support helis stuck in endless circling mode. I suspect it's either an AI mod (I use VCOM) or something BIS changed recently but I'm struggling to nail down what the issue is.

You can use one OPCOM per faction. TAORs limit the area of responsibility for the associated Mil Placement. So in your scenario, you'll want to set a "spawn area" TAOR for your first MP module (set to spawn your AI force), and place a second TAOR for a second MP module but set to Objectives only. That faction's OPCOM will need to be synced to both MP modules so it receives a full list of objectives from both TAORs.

I cannot get any player respawns to work with Alive - the latest update.

Furthermore, I have watched the alive wiki tutorials for making missions and I see modules that I am missing in my download. Why am I missing the player respawn modules and others? Were they removed or am I just stupid?

I cannot get any player respawns to work with Alive - the latest update.

Furthermore, I have watched the alive wiki tutorials for making missions and I see modules that I am missing in my download. Why am I missing the player respawn modules and others? Were they removed or am I just stupid?

We moved some of the modules around in the categories in the 0.70 update, so they may be in a different position compared to the tutorials.

We moved some of the modules around in the categories in the 0.70 update, so they may be in a different position compared to the tutorials.

I literally have looked through every single category and did not see anything regarding player respawning. Is there "ANY" chance that it is not in the latest ALIVE update for some reason or did it get integrated into another module that I have not seen? Any more specific direction on this would be extremely helpful.

I literally have looked through every single category and did not see anything regarding player respawning. Is there "ANY" chance that it is not in the latest ALIVE update for some reason or did it get integrated into another module that I have not seen? Any more specific direction on this would be extremely helpful.

Well there is the multispawn module, which is getting some love from Highhead at the moment, we will get out a tutorial for that one in our next release.

am getting an error with CAF and ALiVE. Its basically a config.bin error about ROBES, it is loading units with half CAF and have Opfor loadouts. sounds like others are having this issue too?

Fix?

Once again:

It's a config issue with the unit mod that will manifest with any spawn script afaik, not just ALiVE.

hey mate!

im about to add some more features to Multispawn like individual respawns for different factions / synced playerunits etc.

https://dev.withsix.com/issues/74100

What would you like to know, or want to be added? please provide feedback!

thanks

Would it be possible to spawn on objects like a vehicle or a building (and when available in a passanger slot or a building index id)? This would be great! :)

^ +1

- option for spawn on SL (Insurgency style) or just base/mhq

- respawn with same weapons/mags option

- include revive options (maybe in conjuntion with CMS?)