wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Interesting...

- A mission with ALiVE v0.6.8 & AGM (version xxxx) displayed the Combat Support Sidechat (CROSSROAD messages).

- A mission with ALiVE v0.7 & AGM (same version as above) doesnt display the CS Sidechat

- A mission with ALiVE v0.7 only (without AGM) displays the sidechat

One last test for me please:

- If you type something directly in sidechat (using the chat function button "-" or whatever key it is bound to in your options) it works?

Yes it works perfectly.

However you have pointed out what can cause that, it happens only with the latest version of Arma.... and the ALíVE ones...

Could you check it?

---------- Post added at 15:07 ---------- Previous post was at 14:58 ----------

I believe this is due to the AGM_NoRadio module as that disables AI chat. I had the same issue and resolved it by removing that pbo.

Hi Hannibal yes could be, I´ve 3 questions:

1.- why is working perfectly with previous ALiVE versions...?

2.- This AGM_Pbo only disables the AI chat (the annoying enemy detection in game for instance) or also the player functionality of talk when uncounscious?

3.- This affects any player that uses both mods ALiVE and AGM, does it? Or just me.... Do you have check it out?

Thanks for your help

2.- This AGM_Pbo only disables the AI chat (the annoying enemy detection in game for instance) or also the player functionality of talk when uncounscious?

3.- This affects any player that uses both mods ALiVE and AGM, does it? Or just me.... Do you have check it out?

Thanks for your help

To be honest I did not look into the issue very deeply. I just had a suspicion that it was this module to blame and once I removed it the issue disappeared.

I think it was AGM that was updated that caused the issue in the first place as Alive and AGM worked perfectly together originally.

The inability to talk while unconcious seems to be handled by the AGM_Medical module ( I have edited this to be able to call for a medic if knocked unconcious)

Hey guys, I have an idea for a mission and was wondering how doable it might be with ALiVE

Basically, I want to make an MSO where civilians will move around depending on what happens. So clear a town of insurgents and civilians will move back into it. If insurgents start coming back or if too many shots are fired nearby, they'll move away again

Is this possible with ALiVE?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

First, thanks for the great mod.

Does anyone know if OPF_G_F works? I want to use the FIA in my mission but cannot use BLU_G_F.

^ yes and it's fully supported by ALiVE. Just remember they only have technicals as vehicles.

In the OPCOM module chose "Rebels Red"

What is the best reinforcement to army size ratio? Or most realistic? Could really use an answer

I could really need some help. ALiVE is broken for me right now, i can't seem to solve the problem i posted about 2 pages ago. Non-spawned profile-combat just does not work for me right now, not at all.

At first i thought it was my mission, so i created a basic sample mission with just some blufor profiles attacking opfor profiles without me in the area - didn't work.

Then i thought it might be my mods, so i disabled everything except for ALiVE, latest CBA and the standard DLC (Karts, Zeus) - didn't work.

Then i thought my Alive install might be corrupted, so i re-downloaded and re-installed Alive - didn't work.

I am now in the process of updating to the latest devbranch Arma 3 version, if that doesn't work i'm all out of ideas. Alive did work before, i know that, i think the combat problem came up with the latest patch, not sure though.

I could really need some help. ALiVE is broken for me right now, i can't seem to solve the problem i posted about 2 pages ago. Non-spawned profile-combat just does not work for me right now, not at all.

At first i thought it was my mission, so i created a basic sample mission with just some blufor profiles attacking opfor profiles without me in the area - didn't work.

Then i thought it might be my mods, so i disabled everything except for ALiVE, latest CBA and the standard DLC (Karts, Zeus) - didn't work.

Then i thought my Alive install might be corrupted, so i re-downloaded and re-installed Alive - didn't work.

I am now in the process of updating to the latest devbranch Arma 3 version, if that doesn't work i'm all out of ideas. Alive did work before, i know that, i think the combat problem came up with the latest patch, not sure though.

The more profiles are existing on your mission the longer virtual combat can take, if you really want to test this, spawn a low number of profiles and watch them go at it, they will die :)

I observed this working fine on test missions.

That's what i did, my simple test mission only has 15 profiles with 6 BLUFOR profiles moving into a town guarded by 6 OPFOR profiles, that's it.

I did let it run for 15 minutes each try, never did any profile vanish or move after "engaging" another profile.

I'm not saying there's something wrong with Alive in general, but there's something wrong with my Alive installation that i just cannot seem to find a solution for.

Edited by Kavoriken

On the ReSupply Module is there a way to add Repair, Fuel, Ammo trucks to Air Drop or Convoy?

Hmm do those vehicles not appear in the supply options for the Convoy?

---------- Post added at 05:46 ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 ----------

And is there any way to read and modify the troop pool value? I'd love to add random missions that decrease/increase the troop pool value depending on the mission resulting in success or failure.

This was also asked on our forums, I documented it on the wiki:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Logistics_Global_Force_Pool

---------- Post added at 05:51 ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 ----------

That's what i did, my simple test mission only has 15 profiles with 6 BLUFOR profiles moving into a town guarded by 6 OPFOR profiles, that's it.

I did let it run for 15 minutes each try, never did any profile vanish or move after "engaging" another profile.

I'm not saying there's something wrong with Alive in general, but there's something wrong with my Alive installation that i just cannot seem to find a solution for.

If you can PM me your skype details and send the mission to me I can take a look.

It's not a single mission's problem, it happens in every mission. I started noticing it in the more complex mission i'm currently working on and then checked most of my back catalogue of Alive missions i made over the past couple of months. It must be something with my Arma 3 that completely broke Alive, i've pretty much excluded everything else by using trial-by-error.

I even tried some of the official missions... same thing :(

It's not a single mission's problem, it happens in every mission. I started noticing it in the more complex mission i'm currently working on and then checked most of my back catalogue of Alive missions i made over the past couple of months. It must be something with my Arma 3 that completely broke Alive, i've pretty much excluded everything else by using trial-by-error.

I even tried some of the official missions... same thing :(

Is there anything odd in the RPT?

^ yes and it's fully supported by ALiVE. Just remember they only have technicals as vehicles.

In the OPCOM module chose "Rebels Red"

Thanks

Hmm do those vehicles not appear in the supply options for the Convoy?

---------- Post added at 05:46 ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 ----------

That's correct they are not in the menu?

Seldom vs Constant in reinforcement frequency? Rough percentage difference here?

---------- Post added 08-26-2014 at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-25-2014 at 11:54 PM ----------

and does the ai outside of the hunter in a motorized squad, know to get into it whenever its set for an obj?

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

and is there anyway to specify (similar to the overide in military obj) what reinforcements we have?

Hi,

It seems that some people have the same symptoms like me after the recent update of A3 with 1.26.

My Alive mission was working fine before but now after 30 minutes on the dedi server the mission seems to be degraded (new missions are not appearing on the map, virtual AI are not moving, no more intense combats).

The thing that made me think of a problem is that the intelligence and squares of occupation are appearing once on the map and finish...

I don't know if people are in the same case but if there is some magic things to do to solve that it should be perfect ! :)

Anyway, your mod is still the best of the best :) I hope to see IED modules soon :rolleyes:

That's correct they are not in the menu?

Thanks for picking that one up, I've added those in, will be in for the next release.

---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 17:35 ----------

Seldom vs Constant in reinforcement frequency? Rough percentage difference here?

and does the ai outside of the hunter in a motorized squad, know to get into it whenever its set for an obj?

and is there anyway to specify (similar to the overide in military obj) what reinforcements we have?

90% / 75% / 50% of original forces

Not sure what you mean about the hunter, they should be in the vehicle when spawned in.

For reinforcements, I'm guessing you mean via the player resupply tablet? If so then not at the moment, no.

---------- Post added at 17:40 ---------- Previous post was at 17:39 ----------

Hi,

It seems that some people have the same symptoms like me after the recent update of A3 with 1.26.

My Alive mission was working fine before but now after 30 minutes on the dedi server the mission seems to be degraded (new missions are not appearing on the map, virtual AI are not moving, no more intense combats).

The thing that made me think of a problem is that the intelligence and squares of occupation are appearing once on the map and finish...

I don't know if people are in the same case but if there is some magic things to do to solve that it should be perfect ! :)

Anyway, your mod is still the best of the best :) I hope to see IED modules soon :rolleyes:

Well there is a hotfix coming soon for Arma so hopefully it will solve some of these issues!

Hey Guys!

As always, great work on the mod, without doubt one of my favourite for A3 ;-)

I seem to remember reading on your Wiki-page, that an Insurgency module is in the works for ALiVE? Will this module spawn ammo caches, create insurgent hideouts etc?

On another note, I seem to have some difficulties making units appear in villages and cities on Takistan, using the CQB module. Normally it works just fine, but since the 1.26 update, might be the guilty part, it seems that units do not spawn in civilian buildings or only a few villages actually have units in them. Those that do, almost always have units on the rooftops. I've tried using CQB with TAOR marker, without the marker, with and without blacklist marker, and so far it produces the same result.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the latest A3 update as I've not encountered this problem before.

Anyway keep up the good work.

CQB using the "server" or "headless client" is broken for the moment. You need to set it to JIP... Works for us.

For takistan have you followed the spawns. They do tend to spawn inside building then walk around a bit before deciding where to stay. Normally on roofs as you observe.

Perhaps the devs could up-weight Ai simply staying inside ?

Sj

Yes it works perfectly.

However you have pointed out what can cause that, it happens only with the latest version of Arma.... and the ALíVE ones...

Could you check it?

---------- Post added at 15:07 ---------- Previous post was at 14:58 ----------

Thanks for your help

Hi Highead did you have the chance to review it? and do you think it can be solve in the next ALiVE update????

Hey Comrade!

Thanks for reporting te issue mate! I found what was the cause and updated the ticket! Some stupid Dev forget to update some underlying codes when changing an important call :) Will be fixed in upcoming version! Please switch to JIP or HC in the meanwhile to expierence Just Pure Death with CQB!

Love you guys

Hey glad to help. I have a question with your fix. I found that the setting for the amount of ai that it suppose to spawn in (CQB) seems to not follow the settings. I can change the group size and the amount of AI (low/med/high) but it doesn't change anything in the game or has little effect. This is on a dedicated server only. I was wondering if your fix will also address this issue.

Hi Highead did you have the chance to review it? and do you think it can be solve in the next ALiVE update????

Hi Guys...

Thanks to the hannibal´s recommendation, a member of my clan has done a little change on the AGM_NoRadio.pbo and it perfectly works. If someone has suffer the same problem, please send me a MP message...

My next step will be to inform to the AGM modders...

BR

CQB using the "server" or "headless client" is broken for the moment. You need to set it to JIP... Works for us.

For takistan have you followed the spawns. They do tend to spawn inside building then walk around a bit before deciding where to stay. Normally on roofs as you observe.

Perhaps the devs could up-weight Ai simply staying inside ?

Sj

Yeah I've followed the spawns around a bit, and as you say they tend to spawn in buildings, or outside, walk around and then proceed to the roof. Not that it's a big problem, but would be nice to have the enemies actually be on the inside instead of bunching up on the roof. I don't mind a few guys on the roof, but an entire fireteam on a rooftop with nobody on the "main" floor of the building, that's a bit weird. Again seems to be a minor bug, which does not take anything away from overall gameplay so far.

Thanks for the JIP tip, I thought about changing that, but was lead to believe that if it was set to JIP it would spawn locally on each client who would join the game. Basically meaning that we could clear an area and proceed, but if a member of the team joined mid game, we could then go back again and clear out the same, or similar guys once again. ;-)

But I'm going to try changing the setting to JIP and see what happens. Have to admit, it was only just the other day, that I stumbled upon the custom objectives module which is awesome. The compositions, the possibilities, a dream for any mission-maker trying to make some sort of dynamic setting for a campaign mission.

JIP simply means that it spawns on a client - as opposed to the server. If the Client DC's it transfers it to another it's pretty seamless. You don't get re-spawns or de-spawns... I've never experienced it anyway.

The only Downsides are that slower clients (which it tried to avoid iirc) could cause some laggishness, and of course any AI skill mods or settings will be local to the particular client, so Ideally you'd have your players all running the same mod setups + ai Mods etc.

It's not super noticeable if they don't - but ideally you know what I mean.

SJ

JIP simply means that it spawns on a client - as opposed to the server. If the Client DC's it transfers it to another it's pretty seamless. You don't get re-spawns or de-spawns... I've never experienced it anyway.

The only Downsides are that slower clients (which it tried to avoid iirc) could cause some laggishness, and of course any AI skill mods or settings will be local to the particular client, so Ideally you'd have your players all running the same mod setups + ai Mods etc.

It's not super noticeable if they don't - but ideally you know what I mean.

SJ

I get it ;-)

Thanks for clearing that up for me, always nice to learn even more about JIP process and what it does and does not do.