wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Is it possible to disable (like remove a pbo or something) the alive loading screens?

Is it possible to disable (like remove a pbo or something) the alive loading screens?

Not at the moment, no.

:( personally it annoys me, but I guess I will deal with it

I do imagine it wouldn't be too hard to make it possible though right, just moving the backgrounds into a new pbo.

Thanks for the response

Acoustic found a serious issue with A2 maps and vehicles, I have made a fix and we will push out a hotfix in the next week or so.

Does this mean we'll get parachuting vehicles constantly if we play on Arma 2 maps, or is it just right at the start? I'm just asking because I'm currently setting up a small mission on Chernarus; the slight oddity of loads of parachuting vehicles at the start won't be a problem - we're used to make amusing Arma bugs - always seeing vehicles parachute in whenever they are realised by the profiling system might be a little off putting, though...

:( personally it annoys me, but I guess I will deal with it

I do imagine it wouldn't be too hard to make it possible though right, just moving the backgrounds into a new pbo.

Thanks for the response

Someone else said the same the other day (well, they actually insisted that a loading screen amounts to ALiVE 'insinuating itself on every aspect of the game', which is stretching it a bit far). We have two splash screens - one briefly during game start and one during mission start. Out of interest, what do you find annoying about them? What would you prefer to see instead of the ALiVE splash screen?

We may consider making them optional if there's enough call for it, but we're by no means the first mod team to put background branding on a major mod (pick any island mod, for example).

Hi,

I may have missed something here, but is it possible to init a Custom Military Objectives Module so that it is already occupied/captured by Blufor for example (or whichever side's units spawn with it). I have added the Custom Military Objectives Module to be my main base and synced it to OPCom and no other Objectives have yet been captured. Even though it is synced to OPCom and spawns some units they do not seem to capture it and therefore when using the Player Resupply it does not seem to work (ive given it a priority of 999). If I do add other objectives and spawn units in their locations, these units do capture/occupy the Custom Military Objective and the Player Resupply does start working.

Therefore it seems that even though BLUFOR spawns when the Custom Military Objective is placed those units do not capture it so as far as OPcom is concerned it cannot use it for Logistics.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

I dont get the point, where is supossed to do that...? A Alive Module?

Hi friznit2, do you know where I can turn on the sideChat¿?¿?. I still continue without seeing the CROSSROAD chat of the transport and Cas....

Hi friznit2, do you know where I can turn on the sideChat¿?¿?. I still continue without seeing the CROSSROAD chat of the transport and Cas....

Legio do you have a radio in your inventory?

Im in the process of making a mission with the custom military objective as well. It serves as the main bases for 2 factions with lots of support fighting against CAF aggressors all over Altis. The bases are randomly placed on the island each time the mission starts. So first of all, thanks a lot for the custom military objective module and its compositions, that's such a great feature for the plans i have for a misssion with ALiVE.

Not sure about morkith's problem, but opcom definately has problems giving the troops spawning there orders when the game starts. It seems like the first time tacom is supposed to give orders to profiles, the profiles spawned at the custom objective aren't yet registered by opcom, because tacom reports "no groups availible". The second time opcom triggers tacom everything works. That means that the troops spawned there won't move anywhere for the first couple of minutes. Is there any way to delay the first run of tacom any further, so that it doesn't run before everything is perfectly initialized?

And is there any way to read and modify the troop pool value? I'd love to add random missions that decrease/increase the troop pool value depending on the mission resulting in success or failure.

Ref CMP & OPCOM/LOGCOM: please see here: https://dev.withsix.com/issues/75037. Fix will be included in the next release (or we may be doing a mid-cycle bug release sooner).

Not sure about func calls for LOGCOM - I seem to remember discussing it but not sure if it's been added yet. Will let ArJay answer that one.

On the ReSupply Module is there a way to add Repair, Fuel, Ammo trucks to Air Drop or Convoy?

Hm, i just realised that non-spawned profile combat doesn't get resolved at all for me, is that a bug with the current Alive version in combination with 1.26?

I made a test run of my mission on my dedicated server, start went well, profiles all went off to attack objectives. I then alt-tabbed out for a while and after 30 mins the placement of the non-spawned profiles looked exactly the same, nothing seems to happen, neither for BLUFOR, nor for the independents (got both attacking OPFOR). It's even worse for the ind's, theyre attacking a small town held by 3 infantry profiles with like 20-25 profiles including armor and nothing is happening.

When spawned in, combat is fine (of course)

Alt+Tabbibg out will pause the simulation and will be exactly the same when alt+tab back.

To enable the simulation\game to continue you need to add -noPause to your start line, this is default ArmA behaviour.

Thanks for the quick answer, but that's definately not it. I'll admit that i didnt add the parameter to my client/dedicated, but doing so and leaving the game running without tabbing out didn't change anything.

Got the IND base up north, and a little to the south the IND profiles "marching" south hit 1 OPFOR infantry profile. They stop moving and line up around it. The mission started at 12:00, the first IND group reached the OP group at 12:02. Here's a screenshot from 12:11 (had the mission running until 12:20, no profile in the screenshot moved or vanished):

http://abload.de/img/unbenannt-1ofkcs.png

Thanks for the quick answer, but that's definately not it. I'll admit that i didnt add the parameter to my client/dedicated, but doing so and leaving the game running without tabbing out didn't change anything.

Got the IND base up north, and a little to the south the IND profiles "marching" south hit 1 OPFOR infantry profile. They stop moving and line up around it. The mission started at 12:00, the first IND group reached the OP group at 12:02. Here's a screenshot from 12:11 (had the mission running until 12:20, no profile in the screenshot moved or vanished):

http://abload.de/img/unbenannt-1ofkcs.png

I also had/have this issue ... check the OPCOM commands in the rpt-file (I think debug must be enabled in the module). In my case something seems to get the opcom stuck after a while - i think it improved after I lowered the count of objectives in the placement modules, but since I have little to no knowledge in this matter its not more than a guess^^

Yes, I do... TFR one

Hi Highhead,

Could i send You a prívate message with a misión to check it out?

I still do not get the Crossroad messages.

why the civilians dont attack us ?

I put them hostile extrem with Blufor and they dont attack us....

why the civilians dont attack us ?

I put them hostile extrem with Blufor and they dont attack us....

I don't believe that hostile civilians are implemented yet.

Simulation pauses when alt-tabbing by default only in single player (and can be disabled by the -noPause parameter mentioned).

Hi Friznit2 and Highhead...

If you remember I had posted I was suffering some CROSSROAD message problems.

After diferent researches and tests, I´ve detected that it seems to be a compatibility problem with the AGM mod.

I´ve created a mission test, including the combat support modules. With that it seems to work correctly, however when I open the mission with this mod (AGM, and without introducing any kind of AGM module) the ALiVE crossroad doesn´t work at all.

Nevertheless It works perfectly with a mission created previously to the 1.26 update. Therefore any mission that I create after the 1.26, and using ALiVE and AGM mod doesnt allow to receive the CROSSROAD messages.

Do you know what can cause this problem?

BR

And hoping any light here....

After diferent researches and tests, I´ve detected that it seems to be a compatibility problem with the AGM mod.

I´ve created a mission test, including the combat support modules. With that it seems to work correctly, however when I open the mission with this mod (AGM, and without introducing any kind of AGM module) the ALiVE crossroad doesn´t work at all.

Nevertheless It works perfectly with a mission created previously to the 1.26 update. Therefore any mission that I create after the 1.26, and using ALiVE and AGM mod doesnt allow to receive the CROSSROAD messages.

BR

Interesting...

- A mission with ALiVE v0.6.8 & AGM (version xxxx) displayed the Combat Support Sidechat (CROSSROAD messages).

- A mission with ALiVE v0.7 & AGM (same version as above) doesnt display the CS Sidechat

- A mission with ALiVE v0.7 only (without AGM) displays the sidechat

One last test for me please:

- If you type something directly in sidechat (using the chat function button "-" or whatever key it is bound to in your options) it works?

BR

I believe this is due to the AGM_NoRadio module as that disables AI chat. I had the same issue and resolved it by removing that pbo.

^ THANKS HANNIBAL! Well THIS may be the source of the issue! Thank you for stopping by and helping out!