wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

I can confirm the same issue on a Dedi-Server, at times the Helo supplying troops to Join will just freeze in air, other times it will land and troops will not join. In editor it will do same except occasionally they WILL join. Also get the multiple display of commands???

Vengeance

**edited check HH's response below**

The helo not landing is usually due to bad BIS AI behaviour in that the pilot thinks there is not enough room to make a safe landing.. try again but make sure your landing area is nice and clear/flat. Not sure about the joining problem....

killswitch;2756519']thanks for the answer but i already tried invasion (thats what i meant with other constellations)...

I was wondering if there might be an mistake i could have made with the alive settings' date=' since I have no mod running that could interfere with an opcom ...[/quote']

Are your OPCOMs synced to other Mil or Civ Placement modules (or custom objectives)? You can try turning on the profile and OPCOM module debug to see if OPCOM is giving orders to units (they will appear in sidechat text).

If your mission is vanilla (just CBA_A3 and ALiVE) you can PM it to me and I'll take a look.

Edited by SavageCDN

Same problem here ! And it is not only for ammocrate, but other barriers, etc...

= Big problem since this last update !:(

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/75014

^ this is an example of a good ticket (REPRO MISSION!!)

I'll test this myself and update the ticket.

Double menus is almost always a CBA problem - outdated version perhaps? The helo not landing is usually due to bad BIS AI behaviour in that the pilot thinks there is not enough room to make a safe landing.. try again but make sure your landing area is nice and clear/flat. Not sure about the joining problem....

Hi,

I have checked, there is a new one from August 18th, but still double menu

Thanks,

Hi,

I have checked, there is a new one from August 18th, but still double menu

Thanks,

its not CBA, its BIS http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=17921

but it goes away if you reconnect with your client, and its not breaking anything...

---------- Post added at 18:56 ---------- Previous post was at 18:47 ----------

Same problem here ! And it is not only for ammocrate, but other barriers, etc...

= Big problem since this last update !:(

Hi!

This is going to be "fixed" as its an intended behaviour for Logistics!

You will be abke to exclude objects from logistics in next update

Edited by highhead

since the last update im experienced the units spawned by CQB module to be more passive than before, they don't aim there weapons on you or react to gunshots or explosions, unless you shoot directly at them or stands very very close. I have tried with asr ai/tpwcas combi, and with bcombat alone, the result is the same??

Are your OPCOMs synced to other Mil or Civ Placement modules (or custom objectives)? You can try turning on the profile and OPCOM module debug to see if OPCOM is giving orders to units (they will appear in sidechat text).

If your mission is vanilla (just CBA_A3 and ALiVE) you can PM it to me and I'll take a look.

I tried syncing the opcom to their own sides placement modules only as well as additionally to their enemys - no change... all in all it seems the problem only appears on my (rented) Arma 3 server -

while in editor I can get the Opcom debug to work, it wont show when running the mission on the server (the profile debug or placement-modules debug however DOES work)

could you think of anything causing such a problem?

since the last update im experienced the units spawned by CQB module to be more passive than before, they don't aim there weapons on you or react to gunshots or explosions, unless you shoot directly at them or stands very very close. I have tried with asr ai/tpwcas combi, and with bcombat alone, the result is the same??

is it the same without any AI mod?

Edited by [styr]killswitch

Sixt - not witnessing this issue on either vanilla or heavily modded dedi servers I'm playing on. ALiVE doesn't touch microAI behaviour so I suspect something else is causing them to get sleepy.

[styr]killswitch - again, I'm getting very dynamic OPCOM moving to take objectives as intended both on local and dedi server. Has your rented dedi been updated as well? Try a very simple test mission. For example, place a Mil_Placement marker with a TAOR around the central airbase & placing a battalion of AI, then a second MP (with no constraints) set to Objectives Only. Sync an Invasion OPCOM to both and watch the profiles move across the map to secure objectives. It can take a few minutes for them to start moving.

killswitch;2756984']I tried syncing the opcom to their own sides placement modules only as well as additionally to their enemys - no change... all in all it seems the problem only appears on my (rented) Arma 3 server -

while in editor I can get the Opcom debug to work' date=' it wont show when running the mission on the server (the profile debug or placement-modules debug however DOES work)

could you think of anything causing such a problem?[/quote']

It's possible OPCOM hasn't completed initializing on the dedi, things can take more time on there, if you can check your RPT on the server for OPCOM INIT COMPLETE line, it will give you an idea if it's started up yet.

[styr]killswitch - again, I'm getting very dynamic OPCOM moving to take objectives as intended both on local and dedi server. Has your rented dedi been updated as well? Try a very simple test mission. For example, place a Mil_Placement marker with a TAOR around the central airbase & placing a battalion of AI, then a second MP (with no constraints) set to Objectives Only. Sync an Invasion OPCOM to both and watch the profiles move across the map to secure objectives. It can take a few minutes for them to start moving.

It's possible OPCOM hasn't completed initializing on the dedi, things can take more time on there, if you can check your RPT on the server for OPCOM INIT COMPLETE line, it will give you an idea if it's started up yet.

thanks for your help guys (also you @SavageCDN) I got it working at this moment. I had checked the RPT files and it seemed that it initialised correctly, and the OPCOM began to order to reserve targets which was followed by an opcom-analysis that lasted a few minutes with then following messages: "OPCOM side: WESTWARNING! Max. duration exceeded!state OPCOM: analysisstate TACOM: waiting for dataduration:" - this messages appeared continously and were only interrupted by a few reserve commands, but nothing followed like attack commands or something like that.

The cause was either a corrupted installation (which would be strange cause I already had it installed fresh three times) or too many objectives of the placement modules (I had about 140 for one opcominstance, now about 85, recommanded is 80 - not sure if this could cause such an error)

Anyway thanks for your great help and sry for stealing your time!

Greez

Edited by [styr]killswitch

killswitch;2757071']

The cause was either a corrupted installation (which would be strange cause I already had it installed fresh three times) or too many objectives of the placement modules (I had about 140 for one opcominstance' date=' now about 85, recommanded is 80 - not sure if this could cause such an error) [/quote']

No worries!! I'm pretty sure the high number of placement modules is what caused your issue... OPCOM cannot process that many in time. (holy f*ck 140 modules?? ;) )

Hello Savage,

I have some questions about the ressuply module:

1.- Is there any possibility to launch a VAS ammo box, I mean when you request for instance a Supply Ammo Box drop it can be a VAS box or with the Virtual Arsenal available? Perhaps someone has already asked that... If yes, how can I do it?

2.- I´ve not tested yet, Is there any minimun time to request for suppplies once you have requested one? Or you can request it as many times as you want?

Thanks

This is something like DAC right? Can it be setup for SP? What are major differences between ALIVE and DAC?

No worries!! I'm pretty sure the high number of placement modules is what caused your issue... OPCOM cannot process that many in time. (holy f*ck 140 modules?? ;) )

oh no not modules that would be insane^^

i meant the objectives that the module has to cover in the TAOR like villages, cities etc. ;) i set the filter to ignore also medium sized objectives to lower the number ;)

Yep - that'd do it! Glad it's working though.

legio4777 - VAS/Arsenal works by putting an addaction into any object or vehicle init line. Since you can't do this for objects requested (spawned) by the resupply module, requesting a "VAS crate" isn't possible.

You can request supplies as often as you like until your side runs out of resources. Remember you (the player) are sharing resources with any OPCOM's on your side too, so if you go nuts and order all the shiniest tanks, poor old OPCOM may find himself a bit short of reinforcements. The wiki has a fair bit of detail on how it works in practice.

Mr_Centipede - not exactly, no. DAC creates random AI patrols in zones set up by the mission maker. ALiVE autonomously identifies strategic objectives across the map and sends forces to recce, attack and capture those objectives whilst maintaining logistical supplies lines and reacting to the unfolding tactical situation (plus a bunch of other support tools for players). All you need to do is plonk a couple of modules and watch it go. You can set it up for SP no probs but the engine can't handle the amount of data needed to save, so to get the full multi-mission persistence working with our external database at alivemod.com/war-room you will need a dedicated server.

friz ninja :p

Just to further what he said re: DAC

DAC covers zones (using triggers to determine zone size/shape) with randomized patrols and includes features like respawn camps, AI artillery, and so on.

ALiVE works a bit differently and scans the map for military or civilian areas in which to spawn units. Much easier to setup although I'd argue DAC has more flexibility in it's zone placement and sizing. ALiVE also has artillery features (called in by player vs DAC called in by AI) and 'respawn' of AI groups.. however in a much more 'realistic' way. ALiVE also has other combat support features like CAS, transport, and so on.

ALiVE is really meant for larger scale battles covering a big chunk of map where you need an ongoing battle and you are just a 'cog in the wheel'. DAC can do this as well however it would be more difficult to setup... DAC is better at more specific missions with specific objectives covering smaller areas. DAC also affects AI behaviour somewhat (calls in re-inforcements, searches nearby buildings, man static weapons, use empty vehicles, and so on) whereas ALiVE uses default BIS AI behaviour.

This is all IMO of course but I've used both ALiVE and DAC and both have their +/- ... the extra bonus is you can use both at the same time - ALiVE for creating the ambient backdrop and logistics, DAC for specific areas you wish to populate with AI.

Edited by SavageCDN
ninja'd

Thanks for clearing it up guys. I'm learning how to set up ALIVE right now. Seems very daunting... But I think I'll figure it out. I've managed with DAC, so I think I should be able to manage ALIVE as well... hopefully.

Hi,

not shure what it could be, but when trying to connect to our Virtual Entities Zeus slot in lobby, it connects and show a black screen, with other words its not working as it should be.

This have happend after adding Virtual Arsenal or the ALiVEmod in to the mission.

PS: We allsow have the Zeus GameMaster module in the mission. All setup correct and tried sync the unit (Zeus unit with the Zeus GameMaster module) with no luck.

Confirming that it is the ALiVEmod who are causing this after setting condition of presence to false on all editor placed alivemodules.

Is Alivemod compatible with Zeus atm.?

Thanks in advance.

PS: Great job with the latest update :)

Edited by Logitrust

Hi,

not shure what it could be, but when trying to connect to our Virtual Entities Zeus slot in loby, it connects and show a black screen, with other words its not working as it should be.

This have happend after adding Virtual Arsenal or the ALiVEmod in to the mission.

PS: We allsow have the Zeus GameMaster module in the mission. All setup correct and tried sync the unit (Zeus unit with the Zeus GameMaster module) with no luck.

Confirming that it is the ALiVEmod who are causing this after setting condition of presence to false on all editor placed alivemodules.

Is alivemod compatible with Zeus at all atm.?

Thanks in advance.

PS: Great job with the latest update :)

Alive and Zues have been compatible since Zeus's release (however that doesn't mean something didn't break today).

Do you have a copy of your mission.sqm?

- Fixed

- Fixed

- Fixed

And have been pushed to the current (private)Dev build.

Edited by Hazey

- Fixed

- Fixed

- Fixed

And have been pushed to the current (private)Dev build.

Wonderful !! :yay: Thanks a lot! :bounce3:

EDIT : i didn't found the fixed version !?!

Edited by chal00

It seems that in the CQB module in the last couple of updates I'm not able to switch the locality to server any more. The unit(s) will not spawn even though it shows them in the debug that they have been. The JIPclient locality works fine but I'd like the server to handle the AI and not the clients.

Is anyone else having this problem? It was working for me two versions ago but not in the last two updates!

I did search this thread for any info but at 368 pages I could have missed it.

Wonderful !! :yay: Thanks a lot! :bounce3:

EDIT : i didn't found the fixed version !?!

And have been pushed to the current (private)Dev build. The changes are in dev and will be released with the next update.

Do you have a copy of your mission.sqm?

mission.sqm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zntk6tyd37ynsay/mission.sqm

Mods used in mission:

- @CBA_A3

- @A3MP

- @Alive

- @Everon2014

- @Blastcore_A3

- @Blastcore-Tracers

- @task_force_radio

- @mrb_a3_voicestop

- @JSRS2

- @VTS_Weaponresting

- @sthud_a3

- @safety

- @LHM

- @st_nametags

- @st_stamina_bar

- @compassfix

- @ultra_shadow

- @hafm_nvg

- @XActionUi

- @XLib

- @XMedSys

Addons/scripts:

fpsFix\vehicleManager.sqf

scripts\BoatPush.sqf

scripts\jump.sqf

R3F_LOG

taw_vd

I can send you the "stock" editor version, but mission.sqf in link includes these editor commando line targets: -mod=@Cba_a3;@alive;@a3mp;@everon2013;@task_force_radio;@XActionUi;@XLib;@Xmedsys

Dedicated server runs these mods:

@A3MP

@ALiVE

@Arma2NET

@ASR_AI3

@cba_a3

@everon2014_2.0

@task_force_radio

@VTS_DuckHunt

@XActionUi

@XLib

@XMedSys

Edited by Logitrust

legio4777 - VAS/Arsenal works by putting an addaction into any object or vehicle init line. Since you can't do this for objects requested (spawned) by the resupply module, requesting a "VAS crate" isn't possible.

You can request supplies as often as you like until your side runs out of resources. Remember you (the player) are sharing resources with any OPCOM's on your side too, so if you go nuts and order all the shiniest tanks, poor old OPCOM may find himself a bit short of reinforcements. The wiki has a fair bit of detail on how it works in practice.

Many thanks man!!!

Yesterday I was palying a mission with the Player Resupplies Module working, and suddenly a parachute with enemy troops was dropped near my patrol.... I guess that the enemy requests their reinforcements too.... Is that right???