wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Hi ALiVE devs. Apart from the missions on your page, is there an ALiVE mission repository?

1. I keep getting a blue INF marker on my soldier (updating every ~10 seconds) and couldn't figure out which module is creating it.

I could play "delete the module" until I figure it out, but I had more important issues to fix in my ALiVE mission last night and couldn't get to it. It would help if someone could just tell me which module was adding this marker so that I can disable it without having to restart the mission another 10-20 times.

2. It is a bit unclear from the WIKI about how many enemies I would actually be getting from the CQB module. Could you please explain more specifically about the parameters that control how many enemies actually spawn?

3. Seems like whenever I start the mission I get the same player objective from OPCOM, even though I synced it to a millitary placement and civilian placement modules that cover at least 2-3 square kilometres. Is it not randomized? Or just an issue with how the mod initializes and other objectives will be randomized?

Thanks!

Mazza - Not that I know of. But ALiVE is a mission making framework. Try using it to make your own, it's very easy and fun!

galzohar:

1. Sounds like Mil Placement debug or Intel is running for your side. Check debug is turned off for all modules - doesn't take long (and if you're really in a hurry , run a text search in mission.sqm). If it's none of the above, then it's not ALiVE.

2. CQB groups (of 1, 2 or 4 AI) spawn on each cluster. Clusters are determined by size of town, number of buildings, whether they are enterable etc. The best way to see how it works is to run CQB Debug and look at the number of green dots when you chance % number of clusters that will have CQB spawns and density of clusters in the town.

3. This has been covered many, many times and is repeated on the wiki! Player tasks in its current form is a very basic placeholder only. Full development of this module will not be completed until release 0.9

So say we have an ammo crate that I don't want players to drag around using the logistics module, what do we need to do to black list that object ?

Can we apply that to any object e.g. hesco's for our main base etc , to stop people pinching them ?

SJ

bumpidy bump

That feature doesn't exist in ALiVE player logistics (possibly planned, possibly not).

Some dev background: player lift & shift (or tote & stow if you prefer) logistics module is pretty basic from a UX point of view. We didn't want to expend too much effort on it until we'd resolved the data issues (for persistence), which is tricky because there are no relevant EH's for moving objects - not entirely surprising since you can't move objects in the vanilla game so why would there be. Furthermore, we didn't see the point of recreating a feature complete player logistics module when there are several other very good ones already in the community. We'd prefer to build 'system agnostic' object persistence if possible. But from a programming perspective, the ALiVE system is pretty neat. It extrapolates logistics vehicle classes and stats (capacity, towable, liftable etc) based on a variety of criteria (passenger seats, mass, size, has arty computer, elevation angle of main armament to name a few). This means it should work with any mod or addon without the need to update static lists or configs.

Mazza - Not that I know of. But ALiVE is a mission making framework. Try using it to make your own, it's very easy and fun!

Have done. In fact I created a grid over Altis which I reference to with the military placements. Unfortunately I have exceeded the number of objectives :)

Just though it would be nice to see what others are up to. Perhaps integrate download current mission from WAR ROOM perhaps?? :)

Hey' ! Nice upgrade for ALiVE !

Still nothing for Linux server ? Object & character persistance etc... Maybe with another addon ? :/

Great work btw !

That feature doesn't exist in ALiVE player logistics (possibly planned, possibly not).

Some dev background: player lift & shift (or tote & stow if you prefer) logistics module is pretty basic from a UX point of view. We didn't want to expend too much effort on it until we'd resolved the data issues (for persistence), which is tricky because there are no relevant EH's for moving objects - not entirely surprising since you can't move objects in the vanilla game so why would there be. Furthermore, we didn't see the point of recreating a feature complete player logistics module when there are several other very good ones already in the community. We'd prefer to build 'system agnostic' object persistence if possible. But from a programming perspective, the ALiVE system is pretty neat. It extrapolates logistics vehicle classes and stats (capacity, towable, liftable etc) based on a variety of criteria (passenger seats, mass, size, has arty computer, elevation angle of main armament to name a few). This means it should work with any mod or addon without the need to update static lists or configs.

So what you're saying is that there is no way to "disable" the code for a specific object ? I seem to remember that R3F has an Init line that is needed to prevent the script functioning on say Base signs, safety barriers etc.

I will raise a ticket when I'm back from t'office - I really want to include the module, but it would be a "logistics" nightmare on the public lol

SJ

So what you're saying is that there is no way to "disable" the code for a specific object ? I seem to remember that R3F has an Init line that is needed to prevent the script functioning on say Base signs, safety barriers etc.

I will raise a ticket when I'm back from t'office - I really want to include the module, but it would be a "logistics" nightmare on the public lol

SJ

Great suggestion added to tracker:

https://dev.withsix.com/issues/75016

I thought I had read that the combat support transport mode was going to include an option for a fly height of Very High??? I didn't see this option. Is it anywhere on the list yet or abandon??

Thanks ALiVE team. Awesome work!!!

Just wondering if anyone can confirm the following behaviour since the last ALiVE update.

Basically any object on the map (in 2d editor), which has

this enableSimulation false; seem to disappear a few seconds after mission start, with ALiVE active.

I've not tested with just ALiVE & CBA yet, but i've not had a problem on previous ALiVE versions, with my current mod setup.

mazza - there's lots of missions on ArmAholic that use ALiVE. Simply creating a place to upload them won't force people to make them (or tell us they've made them). Poke some mission makers in the mission editing forum perhaps!

Sartax - no, it's on a very long list of things to do but still a fairly low priority for us as Linux servers are very much in the minority. We'll get around to it eventually.

serjames - yes that's correct. Tickets are good! I'll assign it to HH ;)

Zlin - the max height of 'High' was increased in an earlier patch so you can do your Halos. CS is getting a complete rewrite by Cameroon though so we're not going to spend anymore effort on the current version.

Shadow.D. ^BOB^ - please test thoroughly without any other mods and log a ticket if so. It could be getting profiled perhaps, or something to do with the logistics scripts.

Just wondering if anyone can confirm the following behaviour since the last ALiVE update.

Basically any object on the map (in 2d editor), which has

this enableSimulation false; seem to disappear a few seconds after mission start, with ALiVE active.

I've not tested with just ALiVE & CBA yet, but i've not had a problem on previous ALiVE versions, with my current mod setup.

I discovered the same problem yesterday and reported it.

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/75014

1. Sounds like Mil Placement debug or Intel is running for your side. Check debug is turned off for all modules - doesn't take long (and if you're really in a hurry , run a text search in mission.sqm). If it's none of the above, then it's not ALiVE.

Seems like it's the intelligence module, however I disabled its debugging and friendly tracking. I have the module synced to a ["caf_ag_me_t"] opcom. Any idea why it shows a marker on my unit?

By the way, the "mission exit" outro can get quite annoying when testing (starting and quitting missions quickly). Any way to disable it?

Edited by galzohar

Any plans to add weight and fatigue to the moving of objects? Everything seems paper light weight and it'd be pretty nice if heavier objects were slower to haul, winding the soldier and perhaps certain objects would require multiple soldiers. Just a thought.

When we gonna get some cool missions up, tired of making stuff doing the markers everything right and enemies just spawning all over map and friendlies too, or if they are south/north they just sit on their butts.

When we gonna get some cool missions up, tired of making stuff doing the markers everything right and enemies just spawning all over map and friendlies too, or if they are south/north they just sit on their butts.

There are demo missions located in the @ALiVE/demo folder. Additionally there are a few example missions on the website. We would be happy for someone to put together a mission repository somewhere!

The 0.7 trailer is not watchable in germany because of the music used. Your "new feature" videos are very nice and needed for such a large project. Nice your working so active on this. But one request i have since your first public version: please make a big tutorial video with 1 big mission, using most technical features, with mission objectives and triggers and mid missions stuff so that people and me see how to work with alive. for me its a easy automatism setting all right on beginning but for missions with story and ongoing progress and suprise i just dont get it with alive. Would also help many others to see how easy alive is and give it a try. 100 of feature videos wont do this job! ;)

ALiVE at its best simulates an ongoing, persistent conflict rather than a distinct single mission story. It's perfectly possible to shoehorn a traditional, script/trigger/event driven mission into the ALiVE environment - simply build your mission as normal then plug some modules from ALiVE on top to provide a bit of ambiance. Personally though, I prefer to move away from the railroad type of mission and into the sprawling, unpredictable battlefield of ALiVE. Like MSO before it, it's best just to let it run and take your place as a protagonist in the ongoing war!

You can of course provide a little background flavour to the scenario. For example, I am currently running a campaign on Reshman with VCB, essentially acting as game master - not in the hands on Zeus sense though, just providing some high level direction. The map is simply divided into 3 big sectors using TAOR markers - West, Centre and East - each with a Made-Up-Name Battalion of Bad People (about 1600 AI profiles plus CQB), Logistics and a smattering of custom objectives to encourage the enemy OPCOM to prioritise strategically important ground. There's some background fluff to give it a bit of personality but essentially that's all there is to it (I posted a video a while back of me making the mission, it took me about 20 minutes).

I wrote an Op Order explaining the scenario and high level mission (establish and maintain a main supply route across Reshman for high value shipments of Very Important Stuffâ„¢). Specific missions and tasks are decided by the players when they deploy on patrols, and they provide Patrol Reports on their return so I can tweak things accordingly (e.g. Apache got shot, so Combat Support gets removed for the next 72 hours). These missions can be anything from recce patrols, clearing an important vulnerable point, securing a town on the MSR, establishing a FARP for our helis, raids on enemy AA sites or deliberate attacks on enemy main positions. Basically it's up to the players to decide what to do as long as it's in support of the overall commander's intent. No need for complicated triggers or scripts to drive events, and it's unpredictable enough that even I as the mission maker don't know what's going to happen next!

hey

i have an ALIVE mission running on my server but compared to playing alive a few months ago the battle seems to stand still, cause the opcom hardly moves the profiles. At the moment im trying with two OPCOMS on Occupation, but I tried all other constellations as well. Before I had always experienced aggressive movement on the enemy but now they are hardly leaving the TAOR area. Any ideas? Thanks

killswitch;2756339']hey

i have an ALIVE mission running on my server but compared to playing alive a few months ago the battle seems to stand still' date=' cause the opcom hardly moves the profiles. At the moment im trying with two OPCOMS on Occupation, but I tried all other constellations as well. Before I had always experienced aggressive movement on the enemy but now they are hardly leaving the TAOR area. Any ideas? Thanks[/quote']

Well with the OPCOMS set to Occupation they are not going to move much, try setting them to invasion.

Hello,

First, thanks for these amazings mods !

I just discovered it, and followed the different tutorials, there is a big potential !

In the editor, for the moment, no problems.

On dedicated server, i have two problems:

- player ressuply: unit calls doesnt join the player group (player who call, only one player for the moment)

- the menu displays functions twice, see screenshot

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1159x652q90/538/EWXOd4.jpg (156 kB)

Thanks a lot,

Regards

I can confirm the same issue on a Dedi-Server, at times the Helo supplying troops to Join will just freeze in air, other times it will land and troops will not join. In editor it will do same except occasionally they WILL join. Also get the multiple display of commands???

Vengeance

Hello,

First, thanks for these amazings mods !

I just discovered it, and followed the different tutorials, there is a big potential !

In the editor, for the moment, no problems.

On dedicated server, i have two problems:

- player ressuply: unit calls doesnt join the player group (player who call, only one player for the moment)

- the menu displays functions twice, see screenshot

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1159x652q90/538/EWXOd4.jpg (156 kB)

Thanks a lot,

Regards

Well with the OPCOMS set to Occupation they are not going to move much, try setting them to invasion.

thanks for the answer but i already tried invasion (thats what i meant with other constellations)...

I was wondering if there might be an mistake i could have made with the alive settings, since I have no mod running that could interfere with an opcom ...