wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Tried searching around for this answer but couldn't come across one.

BUT

is the R3F Logistics script compatible with the persistence that Alive brings? For example if I used R3F to construct an Outpost or COP or something will it be saved through Alive on server restarts and such?

The 0.70 release of ALiVE is the world of logistics :) Persistence will be supported for logistics objects, and we have our own little logistics system you can enable as well.

So R3F wouldn't work in the mean time till 0.70?

So R3F wouldn't work in the mean time till 0.70?

that's right

Hi!

Is it possible to leave out one or two buildings from the profiling system?

For example sometimes there are civilian building way out of town or inside a military facility. Is it then possible to stop the civilian population handling from noticing certain buildings. Via building ID or something like that without leavening the zone out completely.

Hi!

Is it possible to leave out one or two buildings from the profiling system?

For example sometimes there are civilian building way out of town or inside a military facility. Is it then possible to stop the civilian population handling from noticing certain buildings. Via building ID or something like that without leavening the zone out completely.

You could put a small blacklist marker around the buildings you don't want, I think?

You could put a small blacklist marker around the buildings you don't want, I think?

It did not work actually tried that.

A test site I use is the north east lighthouse on stratis. We're a civilian building is inside the military base.

EDIT: pictures are awesome:

http://share.coldevil.com/misc/ignore.png (873 kB)

Edited by Cold Evil

A test site I use is the north east lighthouse on stratis. We're a civilian building is inside the military base.

Hi, do civ's actually spawn in the area you have tried to blacklist? The green dot you are seeing there, from my understanding, is a profile dot basically telling you that the building is profiled as a civ building that you can spawn civs at. What should happen is when you place your civ placement module down it will spawn civs but should exclude the blacklist marker you have placed as long as you list the marker in the blacklist area of your module.

Hope this helps.

The blacklist markers only act on the cluster level, not the individual building level. The cluster is that green circle - within which the house you want to ignore is a part of. There is no way to exclude individual buildings currently.

The blacklist markers only act on the cluster level, not the individual building level. The cluster is that green circle - within which the house you want to ignore is a part of. There is no way to exclude individual buildings currently.

Ah ok how sad cause it was kind a enjoying having civis in the military base.

update to sangin all modules should work on next beta town names had been wiped out so alive should pick it all up now ill be testing today also added 70 keypoints to the green zone, also added more towns to cover more of the green zone and im adding a custom keypoints called ied for setting up on VP's ie choke points culverts bridges and good ambush points all over sangin im hoping the ied scripts will be tuned to it rather than just random all over the terrain like before should make for a better fight\ambush

update to sangin all modules should work on next beta

Nice work Smoke, I'll be eagerly awaiting that.

I'm especially looking forward to:

im adding a custom keypoints called ied for setting up on VP's ie choke points culverts bridges and good ambush points all over

But the rest of VCB might not. :p

Edited by Redders

Quote Originally Posted by luciddose

thanks for your reply, I get an error whenever I place a profile module

Script x\alive\addons\fnc_analysis\data\data.taurus_11.sq f not found

although I suppose this is what you mean by it wont work on the map. I am not sure how to use custom objectives but I am still playing with ALiVE. I did populate the map with custom colonies and bases which I could pack into a .pbo if that would help.

I understand the maps used are small and bare of anything even roads. thank you again.

ALiVE works by picking up map locations (civilian, military) and other 'points of interest' that are part of the map itself. Since those 2 Star Trek maps don't have any locations, towns, buildings, etc. ALiVE won't be able to pick up anything nor spawn in groups using the profile modules.

The CQB module works independently of the profiles modules however that won't work either seeing as there are no buildings (although you could try placing some military structures down (you mentioned having custom colonies/bases) - the CQB module should pick up those buildings and spawn in some guys). Easy to try just place the Requires Alive module, Profiles module, CQB (one for civ one for strategic?) module with debug on.

Custom objectives should work as well however in the current version of ALiVE you can only place locations for ALiVE to send guys to.. not locations to spawn guys at. In the next version (coming very soon) you will be able to create custom objectives with guys that spawn at these objectives... you might have to wait for that version to accomplish what you want.

Other features should work like Combat Support transport and artillery.

Hey guys!

Sorry, i havent been around again, too much codeZ!

- Cold Evil, thanks for the input - actually I tried that and yeah - it works for CQB but MP modules operate at a cluster level! I suggest increasing your operation range in this mission, im quite sure its a good balance!

- Smoke! Good effort on the map - Please link up with me - would like to announce it with the official release!

Thanks guys, for your support

After some downtime this week, the WarRoom is back up and running again.

We have also added an alive forum, so if you would like to ask questions or discuss ALiVE in an easier manner than this thread head over to: http://alivemod.com/forum/

Hi

I having problems with the alive mod. When i,m adding the req alive mod and profile system the debug is only showing the player as entity 0 and other friendly's or enemies aren't registered in the alive mod. How is that? When i,m setting the spawn radius in profile system to example 100 meters they dont despawn.

I,m using the A3MP pack and Swedish forces pack and of course the CBA pack.

Hello,

I have been away for awhile and when I access the Alive.mod page I see a version 0.6.2 which when I download and unpack gives me version @alive_0.6.2.1404101. I already downloaded this version on 04-13-2013. I also have a version @ALiVE_0.6.5.1404301 which I downloaded on 05-01-2014. Was the version rolled back? Where do I get the latest version? Should I wait for the next release? I have always loved this mod and want to start using it now that i am getting back to Arma 3. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,

RomeoQuiznos

no fancy signatures here.

The version on the alive.mod website is the latest. The versioning thing seems to be out of whack. Release 0.7 is just around the corner (very soonâ„¢)

0.6.8.1406181 should be latest (public) version

Website link has been updated thanks for reporting!!

Edited by SavageCDN

hmm i got a problem:

if i spawn 3 playable BLUFOR and one BLUFOR as player, give them all access to zeus interface and then i put alive military modules only for OPFOR units, it spawns blufor units too even if i want to spawn only opfor units. it should not spawn BLUFOR units, only me as player and the 3 other playable units are the only blufor units that should be in the game.

yesterday i didnt had this problem ??

Got a problem with a mission I'm working on.

***This problem is only happening on a dedicated server. When I preview the mission through the editor or run on my own machine the spawns are working fine.

On a dedicated server the opfor military placements are not spawning in. However, my opfor units placed with the CQB module & Civilian Placements are working.

Any ideas on what may be causing this on the server?

*Map is Sangin

Got a problem with a mission I'm working on.

***This problem is only happening on a dedicated server. When I preview the mission through the editor or run on my own machine the spawns are working fine.

On a dedicated server the opfor military placements are not spawning in. However, my opfor units placed with the CQB module & Civilian Placements are working.

Any ideas on what may be causing this on the server?

*Map is Sangin

Anything in the RPT that looks wrong?

Anything in the RPT that looks wrong?

Honestly, not really sure what to check for in the RPT.

Honestly, not really sure what to check for in the RPT.

If you PM me your skype details I can take look on there.