wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

how can I use this with the profiled units of ALiVE

{if (side _x == EAST) then {_x addEventHandler ["Killed",{_unit = _this select 0; removeAllWeapons _unit; removeAllItemsWithMagazines _unit}]}} forEach allUnits;

Alive team,

Is there a way to disable the ALIVE loading screen? Is it built in and mandatory?

In first, thanks for this addon, awesome work ! But I have some questions, I hope you will understand, English is not my native language ^^

My mission with the module is ok, so we try the mission with my team on our server, and something goes wrong... IDK if it's with ALiVE, but I want to try :

- I have created all units of my team with the editor (squad leader, pilot, medic etc...) so it's ok, but, when I take the pilot slot, I play some time, and disconnect. When I come back, the pilot slot disappear ! Why ?

- When we start the mission for the first time, everybody choose a slot, and we launch the game. But if someone try to join the mission AFTER the launch, he become a seagull, a spectator, and impossible to play with us...

- If the server is empty, and somebody try to join, he become a seagull and the mission failed, "All the team is dead". I really don't know what to do :/

i don't know if these problems are with ALiVE (because it's my first mission, with the editor, and ALiVE) but I take the risk to post this here !

Thanks a lot !

Edited by Sartax

This is not ALIVE. You need to enable respawn in your mission. See the BI Wiki description.ext page for details.

redarmy - not at the moment.

how can I use this with the profiled units of ALiVE

{if (side _x == EAST) then {_x addEventHandler ["Killed",{_unit = _this select 0; removeAllWeapons _unit; removeAllItemsWithMagazines _unit}]}} forEach allUnits;

Can this be answered maybe by you Friznit, as shown the code works fine in non ALiVE, can you show me the ALiVE replacement for this :)

Ok thx, so your saying I put

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers {

class Man {

init = "_this call (compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'my_script.sqf')";

};

};

In my init, and in "

{if (side _x == EAST) then {_x addEventHandler ["Killed",{_unit = _this select 0; removeAllWeapons _unit; removeAllItemsWithMagazines _unit}]}} forEach allUnits; " my script, and that will give the desired effect?

Edited by DroopyPiles

Please read the wiki carefully. I'm afraid we can't dedicate time to scripting support that isn't specifically ALiVE related so you would be better off asking this in the relevant editing forum. Basically you are trying to add an EH to units which are spawned by a 3rd party script (in this case that happens to be ALiVE but it could be any script doing the spawning).

Place the following in description.ext and create my_code.sqf with whatever code you want to add to the spawned units

Please read the wiki carefully. I'm afraid we can't dedicate time to scripting support that isn't specifically ALiVE related so you would be better off asking this in the relevant editing forum. Basically you are trying to add an EH to units which are spawned by a 3rd party script (in this case that happens to be ALiVE but it could be any script doing the spawning).

It worked! so that's all the support I needed ;) thx

It worked! so that's all the support I needed ;) thx

just fyi - in your case this maybe a better approach than an init EH:

class Extended_Killed_Eventhandlers

{

class MAN

{

killed = "_this call (compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'my_script.sqf')";

};

};

should work too, excuse the formatting :) but you get the idea, just switch the EH class

One question, my mission is complete, but I want to "synchro" the server of my team with ALiVE War Room, but my team have a Linux Server, and I saw some "Microsoft .NET Framework 4" files, and the directory of the arma 3 server is not the same as Windows.

It's possible with a Linux server ? Without the ALiVE War Room, the persistant system still work ? :/

Are there ANY known problems with "ALiVE and other mods" or any other problem that causes disconnects or ctds and so on? when we use alive some players have problems with disconnections from the server or can hardly connect. I cannot reproduce it myself but more and more ppl. are against the usage of this great mod.

Are there ANY known problems with "ALiVE and other mods" or any other problem that causes disconnects or ctds and so on? when we use alive some players have problems with disconnections from the server or can hardly connect. I cannot reproduce it myself but more and more ppl. are against the usage of this great mod.

Hi!

I can definatly exclude that ALiVE is responsible for any crashes, and we also dont expierence that ourselves. We dont alter AI behaviour or configs, textures, bones etc., which is mainly the cause of a crash!

ALiVE uses the given assets as they are without manipulating them further. So what of course is possible, simply due to the dynamic nature of ALiVE, is, that it wants to spawn a vehicle/unit from a broken/corrupt mod, which causes the crash. It goes even deeper: if a client is using other mods than the ones one the server, their A3 may just be corrupted due to some other mod (that overwrote some variables on A3 startup f.e.)!

So best thing always is to ensure that all players have exactly the same versions of mods as the server, and no other dirty and broken bullshit!

Also ensure that only the mandatory mods are used. There is just no sense in using an aircraft carrier for ambience if noone will ever use it.

I hope that helps!

And again, as you see yourself, we also dont expierence crashes! Of course, if you can replicate it somehow, even if its not vanilla but occuring with a mod, we will look into it to find a solution on our side, even if its not us!

We ALL have the same mods on clients and on server, we use arma3sync to sync both. I asked for the rpt files to post it here, i will get them soon i hope.

When the players activate all mods EXCEPT ALiVE no problems appear.

We ALL have the same mods on clients and on server, we use arma3sync to sync both. I asked for the rpt files to post it here, i will get them soon i hope.

When the players activate all mods EXCEPT ALiVE no problems appear.

yeah, because the broken model is not present in that mission then. If they would place the specific broken unit/vehicle in editor or createunit/createvehicle it it would also crash without ALiVE!

yeah, because the broken model is not present in that mission then. If they would place the specific broken unit/vehicle in editor or createunit/createvehicle it it would also crash without ALiVE!

This is pure speculation. All mods are used on our training space except alive. On some missions now we used some of our modpack + ALiVE and only on these missions problems appear. I wont write here if all missions make problems or we use only alive + mod3 + mod10.

modlist: A3MP, AGM, ALive, ASR AI, BwA3, C17A3, CAF, cbaa3, FSF SavCentral, FA18, JSRS, MH47E, Nato/Russian WP, MagRepack, TFR, Tec CSAT, TFA.

Correlation does not equal causation unfortunately . Running the problem mod down to ground is painful in this game - VCB had a similar issue recently that only manifested when we had more than 20 people online, which made it an absolute bitch to diagnose (turned out to be a poorly binarized port of a scope mod from ArmA2 in the end). If the problem was ALiVE alone, then everyone else using the mod would experience the same issue. But we don't, so that leads me to speculate that it's not directly ALiVE code at fault.

It is however conceivably something that ALiVE does in combination with another mod in your pack, especially since ALiVE will spawn/despawn them frequently which can exacerbate existing issues with mods. As you say you could work around the problem by removing ALiVE, which would be a shame, or you could try and diag the root cause. Some simple steps that we tried:

1. Check the rpts of the players who d/c regularly. I've also found turning logging off altogether (-nologs) for players who have less powerful machines can prevent issues if there's a lot of rpt spam.

2. Remove any custom built or homegrown mods and run a test mission.

3. Remove all ArmA2 ports including A3MP and run a test mission (move them out of the ArmA3 folder completely, not just from the mod line, this is important)

4. Remove any mod that throws up errors in the rpt (CAF is a classic one, but then loads of people use that with ALiVE quite happily so it's low on the suspect list).

It boring an laborious work but worth it in the end if you want to get a quality game with lots of third party content.

Edit: if it helps you narrow it down some, VCB uses the following mods in common with your list with no issues: A3MP, ALive, ASR AI, CAF, cba_a3, JSRS (clientside only, not on the server), MagRepack, TFR.

Edited by friznit2

Anticipating this release like no other, you're doing a fine job boys. Keep it up.

hi there.

first off love your work :)

my question is if there is a way to make the ALive support module deactivated at mission start , and then become active after a certain unit is destroyed ?

for example "helicopter extraction is not available because there is a AA unit in the vicinity"

keep it up fellas.

You could just make the item required accessible via a trigger - for example use Alive_tablet as the required item for Combat Support and make it available at the requisite time.

One question, my mission is complete, but I want to "synchro" the server of my team with ALiVE War Room, but my team have a Linux Server, and I saw some "Microsoft .NET Framework 4" files, and the directory of the arma 3 server is not the same as Windows.

It's possible with a Linux server ? Without the ALiVE War Room, the persistant system for units and objects still work ?

It's possible with a Linux server ? Without the ALiVE War Room, the persistant system for units and objects still work ?

At this time any features that require our cloud based services are unavailable on Linux. However, we are actively working on upgrading our offering in regards to War Room and one aspect of that is multi platform support.

Unfortunately features such as persistence and statistics will not work on a Linux server at this time. It is possible that you could use Mono to simulate the .NET framework, but rest assured a more official solution is in the pipeline.