wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

hi there,

can somebody just give an hint what exactly the _id is which is called via [_OPCOM,"addObjective",[_id, _pos, _size]] call ALiVE_fnc_OPCOM?

i want to give the opfor opcom an additional invasion objective after a trigger was activated.

thx

Hi mindbl4ster; you might want to take a look at this set of scripts I wrote to make adding and removing objectives easier for scripters: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8018430/cjb_alive_extensions.sqf

Especially if you're trying to add an objective to only one side (you can't reference anything by editor names). To answer the question, the _id parameter is a string that should be unique per OPCOM object.

So I built my first mission with ALiVE. Seems I was a bit over zealous. Stuck at loading screen.

I guess my 4 year old Core 2 Duo can't handle 10 Military Placements at Battalion(1200). :p

EDIT

OHMYGOSH it worked. Alt tabbed back and the battle was going. LOL

How many units on each side for a good battle for Cheranus? I was thinking 1200 per side but idk.

That's very likely to be BIS AI at work as they are both trying to land in the same area at the same time. The script uses very common commands and there's nothing particularly special going to cause it to bug out. Generally when working with BIS AI pilots it's best to give them a minute or two separation and plenty of space.

That seems to have worked. I did a lot of testing and reducing the transport/CAS and other choppers as well as spacing their landing zones seems to make them act normal.

I did find another issue with the CAS. I set up an A-164 wipeout and give him a SAD order, then tell him to RTB. He lands and taxies back to a ready position (seems to be the end of the other runway). However, he will no longer fly after this point no matter what order I send. If I do a SITREP, he replies that his fuel is RED.

Any thoughts?

There is another post similar to your issue but is in among 350 pages and cant remember where. Basically I think the issues appeared to be something on the runway that may be causing the ai to think there is something in the way and therefore not fully returning to the ready position where the refuel and remarm occurs. This could possibly be caused by animals, civilians or other units.

Don't use my mission as a template. 12,000 made as much sense as an ashtray on a motorcycle.

I think we have all learned something today :)

It's perfectly possible to have 10K+ profiles and still have a very playable game in MP. It just takes a little while to load! However, the biggest show stopper we face at the moment (in very simplistic terms) is a 10Kb limit on simultaneous data transfer to the persistent server (something to do with arrays having to be less than 10kb, I don't really understand it fully myself). Anyway, upshot is you have to limit the number of Profiles for persistence to work. I'm having success with about 2000 CAF Aggressors on a persistent Reshmaan campaign at the moment. As we take ground I'll occasionally reset persistence, shift Blacklist markers and bump the number of profiles in the next enemy TAOR (simply changing the mission.pbo filename but leaving the onLoad name the same so it keeps the scores in War Room). Hot Tip: colour your BL and TAOR markers so you quickly tell which is which!

We're trying to work out how to fix or work around the 10Kb limit but it may require a long rewrite of persistence in each module, which would painful and time consuming. Of course, our new logistics system (ready soonâ„¢) somewhat reduces the need to have thousands of AI present at once as LOGCOM will continually replace dead units.

hi there again,

i wonder if there is an option to controll the amount of units of military placement modules via mission parameters?

my mission should have the option to adjust the enemy strength depending on the number of players.

Yeah, I had given up my game for frozen after having a full yellow load bar for over 15 minutes. Again, my system cries when I say "let's play Arma 3!"

anyone know of a mod that enhance the AI movement which is compatible with alive?

Try ASR_AI. I am having no problems with that.

So, would 2400 vs 2400 on cheranus be playable and still yield solid firefights? I did 1200 vs 1200, but I couldn't find a lot of the guerilla forces (they are spread out across the map, vs Blufor being at just the airbase and surrounding areas)

On Reshmaan I needed close to 12000 in 4 separate blocks and several custom objectives to fill in the gaps to get consistent non stop shooting everywhere. Of course that's neither practical nor very realistic. It kind of goes without saying but you do have to play around with the number of objectives (TAORs) and priorities to get a balance you're happy with for your particular scenario. Several cells of guerrilla forces might spread out across a map in smaller groups and focus on low priority objectives whilst the conventional forces concentrate on high priority military targets, for example.

I am currently running N'Ziwasogo with roughly 2200+ profiles using the African Conflict factions, three of them. I'm also using convoys.

I find that just by using the CQB module then manually placing civillian & military installation markers in large areas I'm getting a pretty satisfactory spread.

I am finding that I find substantial conflict (more or less every settlement has at least a small presence due to CQB modules) but I do have about a 8 minute loading time. I should mention my computer is pretty decent.

I do think a lot of it has to do with the map itself. If theres a low concentration of areas that work as civillian or military placements then you'll get less spread out profiles and the AI seems to concentrate on hotspots. For example, when I do a basic insurgency mission on CLAafghan I find that conflict is WAY more spread out then using N'Ziwasogo. Because N'Ziwasogo seems to have closer clustering of placement areas more novel situations seems to pop with the way the OPCOM manages the profiles across the map.

I'll go for 2400 vs 2800.

Dev heaven says 1 more do at until release , can the dev team do it? :; p

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

1 more day*

Thanks galaxy s5 lol

You know we will only release when it's ready. DH is only a guideline ;)

hi is there a way to activate a trigger when an objective is captured?

Thanks

Sixt

I got faith in it.

Hi,

Yeah - we would have been perfectly ready (first time ever), even some days before!

But sadly one of our members is currently extermely crushed with RL work and we are waiting for him to find time and fix the SYS Data stuff on our roadmap before we can deploy, please have some more patience!

Redarmy, there is a workaround: You can check if there are any enemy profiles in that base, and if not let the trigger fire. Its more or less the same as "base is taken"! You can also do the opposite way around, only friendly troops but no enemies - etc.! From our Wiki:

Detect Virtual Units (Profiles) in a Trigger Area

Will be true if there are virtualized AI groups of side EAST (string) within 50 mtrs of the triggers position EAST

((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 50, ["EAST","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) > 0);

Will be true if there are virtualized vehicles of side EAST (string) within 500 mtrs of trigger position EAST

((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 500, ["EAST","vehicle"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) > 0);

Example:

Place this line of code in the condition field of an end mission (f.e. lose) trigger, optionally with timeout.

It will fire when there are virtualized groups in the selected area (for a certain amount of time). It doesnt matter if they are spawned or not.

I hope that helps, comrades!