wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

the issue seemed to be agm, by disabling it we were no longer having issues but that has left us with vanilla medic system. All these issues have seem to came from the bootcamp update.

the issue seemed to be agm, by disabling it we were no longer having issues but that has left us with vanilla medic system. All these issues have seem to came from the bootcamp update.

Try XMED or CSE

Xmed has been working great for us and no conflicts at all with Alive or any other addon we use

Try XMED or CSE

Xmed has been working great for us and no conflicts at all with Alive or any other addon we use

CSE has worked directly with the ALiVE dev team. :) Hopefully no conflicts. If so feel free to post on our tracker: https://dev.withsix.com/projects/cse/issues. And discuss in our forums: http://forums.csemod.com/.

Hi ALiVE Team,

Small question. I notice you are using Neokikka's Support Radio script as a module. Good addition! I used it in conjunction with MSO.

Neokikka's version allowed us to add init's to the supports. Is this doable in ALiVE? It would be lovely if we could get that feature implemented!

Regards,

Moser

It's a pretty heavily modified version of Neo's rather excellent Support Radio scripts. Although the complete code is still there, one of the downsides of our devotion to simplicity and accessibility is you lose some of the fine control you could have if you know how to do function calls etc. We've already strayed from this principle in a few other modules (OPCOM, custom unit Blacklists etc) and aren't too happy about it, so there's some work to be done to rationalise things as we approach ALiVE v1.0. We're leaning towards a two tier approach - simple modules which will suffice for most peoples' needs and advanced features that integrates all the API, function calls and init line guff that people want for finer control of the outcomes.

In short, yes it's (probably) possible to integrate the init line Neo_func call with ALiVE Combat Support placement modules in due course. As ever, if you want to ensure it stays on our radar, please add a feature request ticket on our tracker!

Hello is there anyway to utilize the persistent element of ALiVE on a rented server? My group can't afford a dedi server so we use a rented server that has a MySQL database, just really want to get persistence working!

I've still got no luck with CQB spawning on the dedi, got an email address for the rpt file?

Did I read somewhere that you may have sorted it for the next release?

@Echoj7 - currently no you cannot use mySQL for a local database. There was some discussion of eventually allowing this feature but I'm not sure of the current status. Perhaps a dev can further clarify.

@spitfirefrench - some users are reporting CQB issues on dedi we are testing this out now. If you like you can PM me with your mission, RPT file and server startup parameters.

Echoj7 - if you do not have admin access to your server's ArmA3 folder, you will need to request assistance from the server provider to install the addons and requirements as per the instructions on the War Room. Assuming they're happy to do so, persistence will work fine (at least it should do, although it's still in beta of course). There's no option for locally hosted databases.

spitfirefrench - Please submit a bug report on the Dev Heaven bug tracker and attach your rpt file to it. Edit: or what SavageCDN says :)

My apologies if this has been brought up before, but one thing I'd find would really enhance ALiVE would be either through OPCOM or not if squads/profiles could call upon nearby squads for assistance. The one thing thats a little annoying is when one infantry element gets engaged by hostiles and another infantry element from the same side is within 300-400m and just continues to patrol without a care in the world. I had one situation that was kind of amusing where on CLAafghan OPfor attacked an OP on a hill, 3 to 1 odds in their favor, and around the other side of the hill maybe 200m out at most was an additional infantry squad meandering about.

It'd be nice, for example, if upon elements engaging eachother if opcom directed near-by elements to come to their assistance. This would make more sustained/pitched battles occur I'd think.

ALiVE does nothing with micro AI and we have no plans to. There are plenty of mods out there that do though - ASR_AI, GroupLink and bCombat are some of the popular ones and afaik all simulate AI group comms.

Fair enough, I was a little worried that MicroAI would cause conflicts if enabled.

Try using @ASR_AI mod on your server this will give the AI the ability to communicate known enemies via radio.. and I believe the distance is configurable.

is there a bug with multiple BL markers?

For example i am creating 2 BASEs for NATO.

In the CIV Placement, i am using CAF AGRESSORS custom faction and list my 2 NATO markers (BASE1,BASE2) or (Base1, Base)

What happens is units spawn in BASE2 and they actually end up being CSAT units. But if i take this away only CAF faction exists....not sure whats going on...

Someone else reported something similar on Skype but I've not been able to reproduce the issue yet - I've been using multiple markers both as TAORs and Blacklists also with CAF Aggressors and to good effect.

Before submitting a bug report on our DH bug tracker, please can you see if you can repro the issue using vanilla units only? Thanks!

Heres a little taste of whats in store for the 0.70 upcoming release. Testing the LOGCOM module with it's heli insertion routine - check it out!

Like a swarm of bees! Good stuff ARJay :)

To add some details to Arjay's vid: what you're seeing there is a group of AI units being dropped off by the Battlefield Logistics System (LOGCOM). Reinforcements (or what should properly be called Battle Casualty Replacements) are demanded by OPCOM when Combat Effectiveness drops below an acceptable threshold defined as a % of the Start State, and convoyed in by air or land depending on various criteria and the tactical situation. This is all handled automatically without any player intervention, though of course players can choose to influence things by interdicting said convoys and making them disappear in big balls of fiery death. Upshot is you should see a bit more activity 'behind the line', so to speak. I'll write up full details on the wiki when we get close to release.

Hmm, i'll try to do some more testing. I do use a number of mods so wondering if thats related.

As for the .70 release and vid, looks awesome. I got teased in another post that this was coming out in a week and this was about 2 weeks agi. When can we expect!? :)

BTW great job on this mod guys, since i've learned how to use it, i use this 90% of the time to build and play insurgency style missions for SP, its great fun.

As always, we'll release when it's ready, which is soonâ„¢ ;)

Another QQ;

I like using the CIV placement module to populate towns with AI. However i've selected different priority settings and such to try and avoid having AI spawn in certain locations. Is there anyone to have this done without placing markers? Or are BL markers are always needed?

---------- Post added at 16:32 ---------- Previous post was at 16:13 ----------

Actually i think i may have figured it out....Looks like it was the CQB module :)

To add some details to Arjay's vid: what you're seeing there is a group of AI units being dropped off by the Battlefield Logistics System (LOGCOM). Reinforcements (or what should properly be called Battle Casualty Replacements) are demanded by OPCOM when Combat Effectiveness drops below an acceptable threshold defined as a % of the Start State, and convoyed in by air or land depending on various criteria and the tactical situation. This is all handled automatically without any player intervention, though of course players can choose to influence things by interdicting said convoys and making them disappear in big balls of fiery death. Upshot is you should see a bit more activity 'behind the line', so to speak. I'll write up full details on the wiki when we get close to release.

Well, I think I just creamed my jeans a little. That sounds just all around awesome and will really enhance guerilla-type activities of tearing up an enemies supply lines.

Are the AI reinforcements being taken from the initial set amount of units spawned? Or are they added? Would we actually see the AI being picked up from bases and taken to other areas?

Also, does this mean that AI infantry will have transportation options as well besides when they're acting as reinforcements?

is there a bug with multiple BL markers?

For example i am creating 2 BASEs for NATO.

In the CIV Placement, i am using CAF AGRESSORS custom faction and list my 2 NATO markers (BASE1,BASE2) or (Base1, Base)

What happens is units spawn in BASE2 and they actually end up being CSAT units. But if i take this away only CAF faction exists....not sure whats going on...

What faction you using for your NATO bases? I am pretty sure I had same issue and it was because of the west faction I was using caused my friendly markers to populate with enemy forces. I only ever use vanilla units now and never have any issues.