wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

trying to find server running ALiVE and not having much luck... anyone know of one?

Im seeing several ALiVE servers and missions, public ones too! You may need to give it some time, the new server browser loading times are a bit slow!

Ok so when I join my server ALIVE synchronization comes up in the top right corner and i wait while it syncs but at the end the sun goes dark and the sky also dark and the weather gets broken. I am NOT using the dynamic weather module so I have no idea what it is syncing but I wanna stop it. It ruins the game. Also it doesn't always happens sometimes it'll sync properly but other times it's like I said, the sun goes dark the world goes darker and the horizon goes gray.

Since ALiVE does not have any sync feature I'm guessing you are referring to MCC Sandbox?

Yes it was MCC I'm so sorry ALIVE for doubting you guys *bows down* sorry again :c

anyway but there's this weird issue where i go to the selection screen I join.. it kicks me back to it and then I can join the game. this is me connecting to a dedi server. Why doesn't it go into the mission at first try!?

I swear this is a mystery to me.

Whats the correct way to restart a server so that persistence is not disturbed?

I loose progress when i close my server and start it again

Whats the correct way to restart a server so that persistence is not disturbed?

I loose progress when i close my server and start it again

You need to use the Server Save & Exit Button (due to BIS not fixing the onDisconnected EHs, as the objects tend to be deleted BEFORE Data can be grabbed of those). And of course the server registered at ALiVEmod.com

Do you use it like that?

Hello im currently trying to prevent the ALIVE "Military Civilian Placement" to stop spawning T-100's and Sochers. In the Profiles System in the init I have put ALiVE_PLACEMENT_CUSTOM_VEHICLEBLACKLIST = ["O_MBT_02_arty_F","O_MBT_02_cannon_F"]; as described by this page here.

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Military_Placement

However it seems to not be working, does anyone have an idea on what im doing wrong? The profile system is not synced with anything.

Hello im currently trying to prevent the ALIVE "Military Civilian Placement" to stop spawning T-100's and Sochers. In the Profiles System in the init I have put ALiVE_PLACEMENT_CUSTOM_VEHICLEBLACKLIST = ["O_MBT_02_arty_F","O_MBT_02_cannon_F"]; as described by this page here.

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Military_Placement

However it seems to not be working, does anyone have an idea on what im doing wrong? The profile system is not synced with anything.

Hi,

FrizNit was a bit too quick with updating the WIKI, this is currently available in our closed testers branch but not yet LIVE! Please have some patience, it will be in the upcoming public release, that also includes ALiVE Logistics!

Enjoy!

Hi,

FrizNit was a bit too quick with updating the WIKI, this is currently available in our closed testers branch but not yet LIVE! Please have some patience, it will be in the upcoming public release, that also includes ALiVE Logistics!

Enjoy!

Ah that would make sense! Thanks for the prompt reply, cant wait till next update!

Yes it was MCC I'm so sorry ALIVE for doubting you guys *bows down* sorry again :c

anyway but there's this weird issue where i go to the selection screen I join.. it kicks me back to it and then I can join the game. this is me connecting to a dedi server. Why doesn't it go into the mission at first try!?

I swear this is a mystery to me.

Does this happen only when using the ALiVE mod or on any mission you load on your dedi server?

Hi,

Enjoy!

I should probably annotate that with which version it's in. Sorry!

Is it the same with the pausModule function? that its not in the open release? I posted it on page 343 second Post.

I have some problems with it.

Hey, guys. Just would like to suggest something for the next update. Could you possibly add some loot tables for the convoy module? Or is it possible to do it myself with simple scripting? I know it is still in development, and I'm not sure what your next phase is, since it could be the very thing i'm talking about. I just figured it would be something to add in so ambushing convoys is more rewarding. Having weapons and troops in utility trucks, having medical equipment and supplies in med trucks, repair, ect.

Battlefield logistics (aka LOGCOM) will rework convoys completely. The convoys will be representative of the battle casualty and equipment replacements OPCOM requires so you may see anything from a truck full of troops to an armoured column depending what OPFOR's ORBAT is. Having kit actually inside the truck cargo probably won't be a thing for a while. Might consider it as an option at some point though.

Phyma - Pause module function should be working in current release.

OKey thanks friznit2. Then can yoiu help me with what im doing wrong?

if (paramsArray select 1 == 1) then {

["ALiVE_sys_data_couchdb"] call ALiVE_fnc_pauseModule;

};

if (paramsArray select 2 == 1) then {

["ALiVE_MIL_CONVOY"] call ALiVE_fnc_pauseModule;

};

if (paramsArray select 3 == 1) then {

["ALiVE_amb_civ_placement","ALiVE_amb_civ_populatio n", "ALiVE_civ_placement"] call ALiVE_fnc_pauseModule;

};

if (paramsArray select 4 == 1) then {

["ALiVE_mil_placement"] call ALiVE_fnc_pauseModule;

};

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 09:11 ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 ----------

I tryed to have eberything in all caps. Didnt help.

Hey Phyma!

Really sorry for the late reply! I have taken a look, and I can confirm that pauseModule is not working "this way" and I need to find a way how to enable it for you in an easy way (e.g. giving you a "handler" to pause/unpause the seperate instances of the modules).

In the meanwhile i can suggest that you open the Scavengers mission in editor and check the triggers on how to add and enable objectives manually with triggers as a workaround!

I will get back to you about the pauseModule when I got it

I hope this helps man!

sorry again for the late reply

It's working but may be up and down a bit cos we're doing magic on the back end (oo er missus)

I'm having a weird issue that unless we have a very small amount of AI on the mission. The opfor stay alive for a long period after they have been shot some times its a few seconds some times it takes up to 30 seconds and is cause some serious issues on our mission and we cant seem to figure it out. any support or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

- onedigita

So I been running some simulations mainly observing how two opposing Opcom(s) fight each other and it brings me up to some questions. Also forgive me if this information is some were, and I failed to locate it.

So a few questions. I understand the circle highlight of each objective is to determine type and priority of the object. But what exactly does the box highlight mean for each objective? Is it which faction owns it?

Also, exactly what determines when Opcom has "captured" a objective? When I would run just one faction, it took a great deal of time before they pushed up. But when I put two factions against each other, even when one side has a bigger advantage. They almost never get past the first objective.

Example would be on stratus, AAF Went from there starting point, the Airfield, to Agios. Their enemy, the FIA held on for awhile but was eventually completely wiped from the town. After that point, the FIA only sent token forces to retake the city, but even when the travel time of those units took about 10 mins apart, the AAF units never moved up to grab more objectives.

Update with a glitch: I also noticed that setting Opcom to occupy coastal positions like to send there units out into the sea.

Edited by silentghoust

I'm having a weird issue that unless we have a very small amount of AI on the mission. The opfor stay alive for a long period after they have been shot some times its a few seconds some times it takes up to 30 seconds and is cause some serious issues on our mission and we cant seem to figure it out. any support or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

- onedigita

Hi comrade!

I actually did read about something in another thread, but can't remember which one it was! Its a mod that causes this, but I can't remember which one it was. Are you using AI mods like ASR/bCombat?

Highhead

Hello, forgive me if this has been asked here before. Right now our mission is experiencing a problem, I can put my finger on what it could be but I'm thinking it has something to do the with latest update to Arma 3. We are on patrol and roll up on random "Virtual Units"... you know the red, blue and green guys from the latest update. Is this something that will be fixed on next update or is it on our end? Anything I can do now to fix it? We are using the Civilian Module. We are also using @AGM

Also with the last update removing Lkr_Ammo addon fixed the "T-1000" units that take 30 shots to kill :) I assume any old ballistic cfg's are also broken with the new update. Just for anyone who is having the same problem.

Edited by R-o-x

Hey Phyma!

Really sorry for the late reply! I have taken a look, and I can confirm that pauseModule is not working "this way" and I need to find a way how to enable it for you in an easy way (e.g. giving you a "handler" to pause/unpause the seperate instances of the modules).

In the meanwhile i can suggest that you open the Scavengers mission in editor and check the triggers on how to add and enable objectives manually with triggers as a workaround!

I will get back to you about the pauseModule when I got it

I hope this helps man!

sorry again for the late reply

Okey thank you :)

KeyCat - There aren't any production quality showcase videos yet, perhaps we'll make one for our full release (If you want to help make one, we'd be delighted!) ALiVE is basically a flexible and modular battlefield generation tool (demonstrated by the How To videos) and the results speak for themselves (as seen in the gameplay vids).

Friznit, thanks for clarifying...

Yes, I think a short 5-10 mins overview video of what it actually does would help alot of new ArmA players to understand how great this stuff really is! For me personally it's not a problem but I had to really explain it to a couple of friends that seldom plays and when they understood they simply just said - WOW!

If I had the tools/skill I would help out but when it comes to video editing etc. I totally lack the knowledge. Hopefully someone is up for it...

/KC

I've been using this mod a very long time, sense it's initial release and it only gets better and better.

I do how ever feel that there is a support module missing.... One that is already implemented but could be used in a different way.

A convoy support module.... A separate support module that you can link to opcom but still be able to call in. IE. If a unit is being over ran, opcom calls for reinforcements and a small convoy of assorted vehicles and infantry will spawn somewhere near and reinforce.

Same goes with when you call into the support module as right now the only thing you can do is call for cas,pick up, or artillery but there is no way to ask for additional ground units in the area. Even a team dropped off via transport chopper would be nice as another option so you can really involve the AI in specific areas of the map you are more interested in.. I've been using MCC along side with it and man if we had this kind of support, helping friendly's along the way to objectives, then getting to the objective and calling in forces to help would be so useful!

You'll be looking forward to the Logistics update in 0.7, that's pretty much what it does :)

We've not considered adding player requests for additional AI forces yet, it's not really the focus of ALiVE - that more Zeus and MCC territory and as you say, can work in conjunction with ALiVE pretty well.