wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Thanks for the hard work and great addon guys.

I have used Neokika's Support Radio for years and love that you guys integrated it into ALiVE as a module.

The problem I have run into has to do with using the Fixed Wing Units for CAS tasks through the Combat Support Module. The first time I use the unit all is well, once that unit has been sent back to base however, it lands and taxi's normally and then will not take off again despite to agreeing to complete new missions.

I checked status and asked for a sitrep - the unit replies giving its location and advises that it's "Fuel State Red".

So the unit is landing, being rearmed and repaired and not being refueled it would appear.

Any thoughts? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I thought about putting a script call in the initialization for the unit giving it unlimited fuel (even after respawn) but I haven't been able to make any script calls work from the initialization field of CS units.

As I said, if anyone has any thoughts I would very much appreciate it.

Theopolus.

Hey Mate!

Im going to check that! Thanks for the report!

ill get back to you!

ALIVE team

any chance of adding compatibility to lingor and panthera?

Unfortunately there are problems with Lingor, Isla Duala and I assume Pantera in the indexing process:

https://dev.withsix.com/issues/73851

For anyone having issues with the CQB module please PM me a link to your mission (remove as many mod requirements as possible) as well as a copy of your RPT file (client and server if used). There are a few reports of problems however any repro I create in vanilla Arma 3 has no issues. I'm guessing there is perhaps a mod conflict or some other hard-to-nail-down issue.

Sounds like we need mutexes for SQF :D

Yeah, mutexes would make synchronization a lot less likely to go boom ;) As would exception handling heh.

After some extensive testing over the weekend I think we may have identified an issue with Blacklists and TAORs when related to multiple CQBs and/or other Placement modules. It's hard to pin down as it only manifests occasionally, generates no errors in the rpt file and debug shows everything working normally except units still spawn in places they shouldn't, or don't spawn in places they should. Or sometimes they do. Or don't. Fun times.

I'll continue to try different variations and combinations working up from a single CQB module with different settings but it's pretty laborious stuff. If anyone else thinks they're experiencing similar issues please try with CQB only then work up by adding TAORs and other modules. This should all be done with a vanilla game running ALiVE and CBA only (and move anything that has A3MP in it out of your ArmA folder - I've been getting bizarre A3MP related errors even if I'm not actually running it in the modline!)

No idea if the latest RC of CBA has any problems, I've not tried it and I don't know what's changed. Would be cool if someone could test for us though!

What sort of things can break the ALiVE saving? I made a mission with alive and added my own stuff it works a treat, so I decided to add ALiVE to a old mission I made, and it doesn't save? it gives save confirmation but it doesn't load me back up, any idea?

The problem I have run into has to do with using the Fixed Wing Units for CAS tasks through the Combat Support Module. The first time I use the unit all is well, once that unit has been sent back to base however, it lands and taxi's normally and then will not take off again despite to agreeing to complete new missions. I checked status and asked for a sitrep - the unit replies giving its location and advises that it's "Fuel State Red". So the unit is landing, being rearmed and repaired and not being refueled it would appear.

Any thoughts? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Yo comrade!

I just checked the codes and took a manual test myself and for my test (you can also observe it in the Foursome Demo mission) it landed, repaired, refueled and rearmed as it is intended!

BUT... I believe you have the same funky stuff happening like I had when i tried to get Fixed wind CAS working... It took me hours... It would just not finish taxi-ing and never reach the "endpoint" or it just didnt take off.

So what happened was several kind of things:

- The position where the plane takes off - try to place it on the start of the runway. When i placed it at some hangers it - for the life of me - wouldnt find the taxiway.

- Patrols / other vehicles near the taxiway: And I mean "near" in terms of literally miles away. Remove all custom stuff off the Airport and only leave your CAS module up there at the startpos of the runway for a try. Then iteratively add back your other vehicles if it works!

- Snakes on the plane... if there is a fucking snake or rabbit or some sort of stuff crossing the taxiway the plane will stop. Use BIS_ARZ triggers to avoid that (dont know if that even works in A3). Kremator even did an ATC rabbit script out of this "feature" years ago...

In short, see if there is something blocking the plane after landing or on takeoff! I bet its that - Please tell me if it worked!

---------- Post added at 17:08 ---------- Previous post was at 17:07 ----------

Hi, any compatibility problem with new cba rc2 version? Can we upgrade??

Yes, you can!

Kremator even did an ATC rabbit script out of this "feature" years ago...

LOL I forgot that I made the ATC Rabbit. A rather successful herbivore if I remember correctly!

highead,

thanks for the feedback and thanks for the suggestions.

i will try that tonight. may start with your suggestion and just move the plane all the way to an empty airbase and start with that.

thanks again and i will get back to you.

Theopolus.

(I posted this before on this forum, but got no answer)

Occasionally when I use the support to call in transport (LAND or RTB). The helicopter will get to the destination, then fly straight up. I generally have to restart my mission to fix it.

--I'll take a video of it next time it happens and post up the link.

Any idea what's going on?

I posted this before on this forum, but got no answer...Any idea what's going on?

No idea sorry. I've never seen this with many, many hours of use with Neo's Support Radio scripts or Combat Support. It's most likely to be an issue with a mod such as the heli, map or an AI script.

LOL I forgot that I made the ATC Rabbit. A rather successful herbivore if I remember correctly!

Striking fear into the hearts of Python fans since 2012 :p

(and a darn good traffic controller)

hey, this is great.

but, any idea how to have huge battles everywhere where ever you go ?

i have in a small town only about 1-3 vehicle and some infantry units, outside a town even less.

i would love to see huge battles with tens of vehicles from all types and jets and helikopters flying above me and alot of units battle.

for singleplayer of course.

any SP/MP dynamic mission out there with alive module where huge battles are ?

or do i have to change the parameters myself in the editor ?

Hi, any compatibility problem with new cba rc2 version? Can we upgrade??

Yes, upgrade.

Lol.

Great mod! It is a must for any public server! This may have been requested already, but I'd like to request compatibility for Taviana and Napf maps if at all possible. Thanks. Keep up the good work, guys!

A while ago persistence wasnt completly working, is this fixed now? Is it persistent over server restarts and everything ?

A while ago persistence wasnt completly working, is this fixed now? Is it persistent over server restarts and everything ?

Simply put YES! AI and Player Persistence is already implemented - Object persistence is coming with this upcoming update!

Hello!

So Im trying to get the ALiVE_fnc_pauseModule to work. I want to use it with parameters so you can turn on or off certain modules.

When i tryed to paus everything the marker that i had blacklisted disappeared and convoys spawned next to me.

Everything worked fine with the marker being blacklisted and nothing spawned inside of that area.

These are the alive paysemodules im trying to solve:

if (paramsArray select 1 == 1) then {

["ALiVE_sys_data_couchdb"] call ALiVE_fnc_pauseModule;

};

if (paramsArray select 2 == 1) then {

["ALiVE_MIL_CONVOY"] call ALiVE_fnc_pauseModule;

};

if (paramsArray select 3 == 1) then {

["ALiVE_amb_civ_placement","ALiVE_amb_civ_population", "ALiVE_civ_placement"] call ALiVE_fnc_pauseModule;

};

if (paramsArray select 4 == 1) then {

["ALiVE_mil_placement"] call ALiVE_fnc_pauseModule;

};

is it possible to do this way or am i using this function incorrectly?

I have other params that work so its just the alive ones that just dont want to pause.

Thack you :)

Ok so when I join my server ALIVE synchronization comes up in the top right corner and i wait while it syncs but at the end the sun goes dark and the sky also dark and the weather gets broken. I am NOT using the dynamic weather module so I have no idea what it is syncing but I wanna stop it. It ruins the game. Also it doesn't always happens sometimes it'll sync properly but other times it's like I said, the sun goes dark the world goes darker and the horizon goes gray.

I even searched the .pbos looking for the function that called it or something but I am too tired for that.

plz halp :c