wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Regular player persistence will work for disconnect/reconnect on the same server instance no probs using that module. If you want full persistence even between server restarts, you need a dedi server, an account on Alivemod.com and the Database module place. Please check ALiVE Data on the Wiki for more info.

No way I didn't no it was working! so this will save my loadout everything? not sure what ment by database module place tho

Likewise, I am still having troubles with the civilian modules on Fallujah. Before the last update, civilians would spawn inside enterable buildings (hospital, office, hotel) and outside the rest the buildings in backyards/front doors/balcony/etc. Now, only four or five civilians spawn in Fallujah no matter what I do on extreme placement levels and high profile counts. When I copy the same modules into Cherno or Altis, it works just fine and civilians spawn everywhere. So something definitely changed with either the last few ALIVE updates or with the game patches. Again, the civilian modules worked just fine on Fallujah before.

Any other mods besides Fallujah? Testing it now....

No way I didn't no it was working! so this will save my loadout everything? not sure what ment by database module place tho

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Database

This is only for dedicated servers and you need an account on ALiVEmod.com

Any other mods besides Fallujah? Testing it now....

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Database

This is only for dedicated servers and you need an account on ALiVEmod.com

Just been talking to my server host, we have a server, but they say its on a shared box, does that mean it wont work, cause they said the 2 perquisite softwares are on it?

Likewise, I am still having troubles with the civilian modules on Fallujah. Before the last update, civilians would spawn inside enterable buildings (hospital, office, hotel) and outside the rest the buildings in backyards/front doors/balcony/etc. Now, only four or five civilians spawn in Fallujah no matter what I do on extreme placement levels and high profile counts. When I copy the same modules into Cherno or Altis, it works just fine and civilians spawn everywhere. So something definitely changed with either the last few ALIVE updates or with the game patches. Again, the civilian modules worked just fine on Fallujah before.

I just tested Fallujah and got lots of civilians (@A3MP;@A3MP_AP;@ALiVE;@CBA_A3;@fallujah)

New mission in editor

Place player unit

Modules:

requires alive

profile system

admin actions

civilian population system active limiter - 200

ambient civilian placement placement level - extreme

Preview and got 120 civilian units

http://i.imgur.com/EDhq5lj.jpg (541 kB)

I would try deleting the civilian modules from your mission, save, add them back.

Just been talking to my server host, we have a server, but they say its on a shared box, does that mean it wont work, cause they said the 2 perquisite softwares are on it?

You should be OK as long as you have an IP you can submit to the war room

Interesting. The only mods I am running are some unit mods, weapon mods, vehicle mods, and MCC. I'll check to see if MCC is somehow causing this issue. I'm not sure why MCC would prevent civilians from spawning though, especially just on Fallujah. I was originally trying to spawn civilians from the Middle East Conflict pack but tried using default civilians and it didn't resolve anything. I even tried it on a new save and I got the same results. Thanks for looking into the issue for me, I will report back on what I find.

You should be fine. Register on the ALiVE War Room, setup a group and you'll find a Add Server button. This has instructions for what you need to do.

Can someone help me, I've registered on the alive war, I have put files into server, and lastnight my guy was saving excellent!, but i'd like to no what modules that say "persistence" I can tick yes on as theres so many, I have obviously got the player persistence module down, but what of the rest? thx in advanced, also do my friends who have the mod installed on there comps need to register aswell for drop in out player persistence? thx :D

Hi, questions:

1. Does Alive work with external KI like Vcom AI when i leave out the Alive Ki-Module?

2. What is the Classname for the Alive Tablet?

3. Will the stock Alive Ki go for manually added tasks? e.g: Alive Occupant / Aggressor Scenario +manually set tasks.

4. Is there any Alive server running 24/7? I can see on the Warroom that there are Operations going, but can't find them via server browser or Sixx.

5. Do i get that right: The Mil Placement Module gives Mil Targets, while the Civ Mil Placement Module gives Mil + Civ Targets. So if i dont need seperated troops, its sufficuient to place just the Civ Mil Placement Module?!

Droopy - check the ALiVE wiki, it's all on there.

m1ndgames

1. ALiVE AI works fine with ASR_AI / bCombat and I assume Vcom as well but as you say, leave out ALIVE's own AI module (see the wiki).

2. ALiVE tablet is rather imaginatively called alive_tablet (see the wiki).

3. No. You can however define custom objectives for OPCOM with a location gamelogic and set it to very high priority such as 9999 (see the wiki).

4. We don't run any of our own public servers. Somebody else might, I don't know! (this is not on the wiki).

5. Mil Placement creates objectives in military establishments such as barracks and airfields. Mil Civ Placement creates objectives in Civilian infrastructure targets like factories and refineries (see the wiki).

Please see the wiki, it answers a lot of these questions and many more.

Interesting. The only mods I am running are some unit mods, weapon mods, vehicle mods, and MCC. I'll check to see if MCC is somehow causing this issue. I'm not sure why MCC would prevent civilians from spawning though, especially just on Fallujah. I was originally trying to spawn civilians from the Middle East Conflict pack but tried using default civilians and it didn't resolve anything. I even tried it on a new save and I got the same results. Thanks for looking into the issue for me, I will report back on what I find.

Yes please do!! My guess is since 1.22 update one of the mods you are running doesn't agree with the ALiVE civ modules. I was using default civ faction CIV_F in tests.

also do my friends who have the mod installed on there comps need to register aswell for drop in out player persistence? thx :D

I definitely can't find my answer to this in the wiki

That's cos you don't need to ;)

Registering on war room is only needed for your individual stats to be recorded there. It is not actually required for player persistence to work. But it is required for server persistence.

Edited by friznit2

Ok one last question then I leave you alone and get to this awesome stuff! btf I would of paid for this quality I hope you get your pockets lined!

The question, I have opfor and blufor both a battalion of 800, now being persistant etc, are the killing each other to zero? and taking a area is that down to purely clearing out the enemy or is there a wait time Thx Bro!!

^ not sure about your 2nd question but for the 1st.. if you want and endless supply of fresh fodder troops you need to add a Military Logistics module (one per OPCOM) and sync it to the OPCOM module.

^ not sure about your 2nd question but for the 1st.. if you want and endless supply of fresh fodder troops you need to add a Military Logistics module (one per OPCOM) and sync it to the OPCOM module.

Thx matey, that's great news, because I got 800 on stratis which is a bit bust, so I can reduce to 400 each side and use that module on each side and it will sort that out, it claimed on the wiki that module wasn't functional I thought

Logi module is very basic functionality at the mo - it'll just spawn fresh cannon fodder at a suitable friendly held objective nearby. Capturing an area simply simply requires making it so no more enemy are around. There's no gamey magic indication to tell you that you've succeeded, it's up to you to ensure it's clear! (Well, maybe putting Intel on 100% would work like that).

If you want to donate, there's a button on the website - all contributions go to keeping the persistent server ALiVE! ;)

I definitely can't find my answer to this in the wiki

Yes, your friends who also have the mod installed must also sign up for the ALiVE War-Room if that user wishes to have their stats tracked.

I'm having the same issue I've had for a while. 1. Aggressors.. I've used the correct name caf_ag_me_t and it spawns opfor (this is in overwritten, no faction selected but overridden faction) 2. Blacklisted markers aren't working, I have them listed in multiples separated by commas, IE (FOB1, FOB2..tried with and without space) Opfor still spawns in blacklisted areas. Even with (according to wiki) markers wont be recognized by ellipses so I even use rectangles.

EDIT: Caf aggressors IS version 1.5 but I haven't updated it sense it came out. I'm assuming if they updated version would change... Also note this has been happening sense faction was changed from caf_ag_me to caf_ag_me_t

If you place your OPCOM and put "caf_ag_me_t" in the bottom section and don't have any of the factions from the drop down selected then you are doing it right. Are you linking the OPCOM to Military Placement and Military Civiliam Placement modules? If so make sure you are also putting "caf_ag_me_t" in for the faction on those.

The wiki says ellipses and I think they meant "ovals" but "perfect" circles work for me.

If you place your OPCOM and put "caf_ag_me_t" in the bottom section and don't have any of the factions from the drop down selected then you are doing it right. Are you linking the OPCOM to Military Placement and Military Civiliam Placement modules? If so make sure you are also putting "caf_ag_me_t" in for the faction on those.

The wiki says ellipses and I think they meant "ovals" but "perfect" circles work for me.

Tripple checked prior to posting. Like i've said never had a problem before. Maybe I need to redownload CAF but I don't see why. I also don't see why blacklist won't work, it always has.. well I guess not always. If a dev could post EXACTLY what needs to be posted for multiple blacklist (spacing and all) that would help but I'm sure I'm perfect. I have 6 outpost all with markers labeled FOB1-FOB6. On blacklist for all spawning forces I have FOB1, FOB2, FOB3 etc with and without spaces. They still spawn.

I'm using multiple blacklists no probs (FOB1,FOB2,FOB3 etc - see that vid posted in the recent release thread for an example). Make sure the marker covers the area fully and are listed in every Mil Placement / Mil Civ Placement as appropriate. You can check with MP/MCP debug on that no locations are being created. You will also need to blacklist CQB and/or sync the CQB module to MP so it inherits the blacklisted area. Note that nearby enemy locations will still send out clearance patrols and may attack your FOBs if they get within range.

I had a strange one last night, we played thru a mission, and 3 of us decided we would check the player persistence we all left, said player saved for all of us, then 2 of us joined and no probs, the third joined few seconds after and he just got duplicated to around 30 of him, anyone no why :D C62350811D917BAA9652803DA4E990D4A339793C

Schizophrenia is a terrible thing !

Seriously .... never came across that before.

I had a strange one last night, we played thru a mission, and 3 of us decided we would check the player persistence we all left, said player saved for all of us, then 2 of us joined and no probs, the third joined few seconds after and he just got duplicated to around 30 of him, anyone no why :D http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/559885232799990816/C62350811D917BAA9652803DA4E990D4A339793C/

Interesting! Not seen before. Do you have the RPT from that session? please post a ticket for us!

Thanks

Interesting! Not seen before. Do you have the RPT from that session? please post a ticket for us!

Thanks

Yea sure, can you link me to this ticket place i'm new to this, and I will add a subject of "Droopy's Duplication" ?