wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Hello, just a general question, does this mod enhance ai if you simply have it running as an addon?

Do you actually have to have it integrated at mission building level or can you just create a mission without doing anything "alive" related and then simply take advantage of some aspects of having alive running as an addon without really doing anything?

Thanks

Edited by CPL_HICKS

Hello, just a general question, does this mod enhance ai if you simply have it running as an addon?

Do you actually have to have it integrated at mission building level or can you just create a mission without doing anything "alive" related and then simply take advantage of some aspects of having alive running as an addon without really doing anything?

Thanks

It makes no changes to AI behaviour other than giving groups waypoints... and for your 2nd question you need to place some ALiVE modules in the editor if you want to use features like CAS, transport, CQB, admin stuff, etc.

The only way would be to use a mod that had separate class names for different loadouts (such as RKSL's Typhoon mod, which may get released soonâ„¢). You still wouldn't be able to do it from in game though (only in the editor set up). The next version of Combat Support coming in release 0.6.8 has an option to choose from one of the weapon types fitted to the aircraft when carrying out an attack run.

The question was mainly directed towards John_Spartan and Saul's F/A18 mod, but i know what you mean with the different class name loadouts the RKSL Typhoon has, thank you anyway.

yaT923QqaWdy53Vc7Y7fSw51GNXD15VGGmpUpvlcYxY32Gwm3_-tTWji8k8SccpTk9NSRVkS_egZn2obtwGO68vGS4yBJDnR53osW  kazThm6mHBvkLfWBDB2

alivemod.com

The next generation dynamic persistent campaign for ArmA3

We are happy to release the latest and greatest version of ALiVE - 0.6.8!

We have made significant improvements to Load and Save times and a number of bug fixes to Player Stats.

Combat Support has also received a lot of love, in particular to the Close Air Support and Artillery modules!

You can now run several instances of CQB and define the TAORs with different settings in a highly detailed way!

We also have updated our ALiVE Plugin, so it is very important that server admins download and update the plugin!

Friznit setting up a mission with thousands of AI within 5 minutes

War Room

Our web platform continues to improve and grow! We have over 3000 players registered and over 450 groups, with some 650,000 events captured.

Please register with us now and start taking advantage of ALiVE Mission Persistence and WarRoom Battlefield Data.

Join up now! http://alivemod.com/#ALiVEWarRoom

Download

Grab the latest version from directly here, from ALiVEmod.com (Downloadlink update pending) or PlayWithSix (currently syncing)

Release Highlights

• Complete Player and AI Persistence (for Profiles and CQB), vastly improved save & load time.
  • Updates to Combat Support.
  • Several instances of CQB are now possible
  • Important improvements in spawning of vehicles
  • Performance improvements on loading times
  • Support for current stable version of A3.
  • Major bug fixes, see all the tickets we resolved

Changelog (don't click...)

[DEMO] Fixed up Dive & Rule to work with WarRoom, updated module settings

[DEMO] Updated Foursome demo mish with new module settings/params

[sYS_ADMINACTIONS] Fixed regression where markers were not shown when CQB debug was enabled

[MIL_CQB | MIL_OPCOM] Switched to bulkLoad mech, improving loading times by x100

[combat support] Added support for IR markers during night operations with transport choppers

[sys_player] Updated to use new bulk load and bulk save functions

[sys_data_couchdb] Fixed issue where hash id's where not being restored correctly

[sys_profile] Updated to use new bulkLoad function

[AddIns] Updated ALiVEPlugIn to support bulk read API calls to couchdb

[sys_data_couchdb] Improved loading times from minutes to seconds with new bulkRead function (WIP)

[MAIN] Updated versioning check to 1.20.124746

[X_LIB] Fixed and improved ALiVE_fnc_get(all)enterablehouses as it didnt cover whole Altis

[MIL_CQB] http://dev.withsix.com/issues/74364 - Enabled multiple instances for CQB incl. switch for strategic/civilian, spawndistances, factions, TAORs, Blacklists etc.!

[amb_civilians] blacklisted kart dlc drivers and vehicles

[sup_combatsupport] Added ROE selection for CAS

[sup_combatsupport] Minor fix to CAS attack run

[sup_combatsupport] Added Loiter and Attack Run tasks for CAS. Attack Run still WIP.

[sup_combatsupport] Enhanced SITREP to include proper AMCAS.

[sys_profile] removed best places spawn. Will look into improvements to spawning in future iteration.

[sup_combatsupport] Minor UI fixes

[sup_combatsupport] Enhanced arty support, including rate of fire, delay, dispersion and minor bug fixes

[sup_combatsupport] Improved radio protocol, added SITREP support for ARTY

[sup_combatsupport] Fixed several issues with arty, now deploys group of 3 fire support assets per arty module.

[sUP_COMBATSUPPORT] Minimal insertion height of 2m is now possible (f.e. to be extracted from water by a hovering helicopter)

[sYS_PROFILE] BIS_fnc_findSafePos before spawning of a vehicle to exterminate exploding vehicles once for all (hopefully, though i doubt it. 2nd iteration of finding a safe pos happens in case it fails on the first one).

[MAIN] Updated version to 0.6.8.1405251

[MIL_OPCOM] Removed more MP hints!

[X_LIB] Fixed ALiVE_fnc_chooseRandomUnits to select the correct amount of units that has been passed to the function (has alsways been one to much)!

[MIL_CQB] Implemented max. groupsize switch (Solo, Pair, Fireteam) to give the mission editor the opportunity to limit AI, according to feature request http://dev.withsix.com/issues/74415

[sUP_CS] Increased flyinheight from 600 to 1000 in CS to fit this need http://dev.withsix.com/issues/74490

[MIL LOGISTICS] Fixed race condition if MIL ML initialised before SYS Profile was finished (_profilesCategorisedSide script error, classic)!

[MIL_CQB] [MIL OPCOM] Updated CQB and OPCOM with global datahandler per module to allow multiple saves

[sYS_PROFILE] Fixed side was still not restored correctly after loading from DB!

[VARIOUS] Removed HAC from modules

[sys_profile] had to make the datahandler for load and saving global to ensure index updates

[sys_profile] Air spawn and group vehicle spawn settings tweaked. Fix for https://dev.withsix.com/issues/74534 also http://dev.withsix.com/issues/74337

[sys_profiles] Removed the side conversion call as its now handles by sys_data

[sys_data_couchdb] Added support for SIDE conversion, if a number is returned instead of text

[sys_data_couchdb] Added bulkLoad and bulkRead functions

[sys_statistics] Fixed issue where heals were not being recorded. Fixed issue where timeplayed was being reported incorrectly

[sYS_PROFILE] Increased despawnrange dynamically based on spawnrange (factor x1.2) to fix/reduce this issue http://dev.withsix.com/issues/74435

[ALL] commented out about.sqf reference in cfgPatches

[X_LIB] Fix function "sideNumberToText"

[MIL_OPCOM] http://dev.withsix.com/issues/74528 (OPCOM objectives count was reported to players instead of rpt)

[X_LIB] Fixed error that sneaked in with a commit of Raps a few days ago

[MAIN | X_LIB] ALiVE_fnc_BUS! Fixed automated test to run also with only 1 connected client and moved x_lib

[MIL_OPCOM] Implemented BulkSave

[MIL_CQB] Implemented BulkSave and did mandatory fixes (ensure you pull)! See below for details:

[MAIN] Updated version check to current stable build 124200

[combat_support] adding arty units to profiler ignore

[main] Removed about page from config

[sys_newsfeed] Fixed changes to default UI scrollbars

[MIL_CQB] Fixed CQB errors

[sYS_ADMIN] Bug fixes and added a fade effect for the Mark All Units feature for the Admin, now you can see how long you have for the shown units as well as know that on the next update, those markers will most likely move. updates take

15-20 seconds. Try it... :D

[sYS_STATS] should fix an issue that could happen under certain circumstances... ask me for more details... :D

[MAIN] Fix recompile of migrated function in postInit.

[ALL] Integrate central function library and migrate common and new functions.

[sYS REVIVE] bug fixes and changes [sYS STATISTICS] fixed issue with time not reporting correctly for vehicles and units when using stats on dedicated server. Issue before was that if the admin was to skipTime it would skew(seriously skew) the time recorded so when spending 30 mins in a vehicle could be 3hours, or 3 weeks... based on admin adjusting mission time. Tested with using SDV for fist time in MP game with stats. changes admin time several times. Time on record is correct, .3 hours... and not 3.3 or 10+ hours...

[MIL_CQB] Fix undefined variable error in CQB module init

[sys_profile] Updated profile handler to use BulkSave call and remove whitespaces from missionname.

[sys_player] Updated mission name processing to handle whitespaces

[sys_player] minor fixes

[sys_data_couchdb] Added BulkSave and BulkWrite functions to improve the save times for modules

[MIL_CQB] Further optimized initialization functions

[MIL_CQB] Update ALiVE_fnc_CQBsortStrategicHouses and related with small fixes

[uTILS] Update 'make_dev_build' script to accommodate unwanted PBO prefix applications

[MIL_CQB] Optimize ALiVE_fnc_CQBsortStrategicHouses function for module init

[sys_data] Removed 10kb limit for outgoing data :O

[sys_player] Fixed sys_player not saving to DB. Still requires that Player Persistence module be placed in mission SQM after sys_data. Updated abortButton to wait for players to be disconnected (alive_player_count) before saving or exiting server. Enabled "store to DB" in Player Persistence module. Added some additional traces for debugging purposes.

[mil_sectorDisplay] fix for update time [sys_event_log] made event dispatch spawn in a new thread

[uTILS] Update 'make_dev_build' script with stringtable support

[uTILS] Add 'make_dev_build' PowerShell script

[uI] Fix for loading screen issues

[VARIOUS] Fixed script error in buttonAbort by changing to BIS_fnc_MP (dont laugh Tup), Missed MIL_OPCOM persistent setting on one MIL_OPCOM in Foursome (was true, should be false)

Manual

Please refer to the ALiVE Wiki. It’s not pretty but all the info you need should be there. If anything is missing or unclear, please let us know by submitting a ticket on our Development Tracker and we’ll look to fix it.

IMPORTANT NOTICES: Be aware that ALiVE Persistence is still in ALPHA and subject to change. We may also need to clear database data before major updates but we will let you know well in advance if this happens. Be aware you will not be able to load/save data from pre 0.6.8 missions with the latest plugin. Please create new missions (new name) for 0.6.8 persistence.

Please check your CQB module and reset your preferred options! Be aware you can use several instances for civilian and or strategic locations, TAORs, factions, etc.!

Disclaimer

We have done our best to ensure backward compatibility for your missions. However, in case you get a new error with an existing mission, please delete and replace the offending module in the editor and you should be good to go again. As usual, please post any issues or feature requests on our tracker.

Work In Progress

Our next major design milestone is Logistics. This includes a simple “Lift & Shift Objects†module and a Player “Replen Demand†dialogue. We will do our best to ensure compatibility with other popular mods that provide similar functionality.

The main focus is on an AI Battlefield Logistics system to support OPCOM. This models realistic military supply lines including strategic lift and convoys.

Welcome To

We are always on the look out for talented individuals! We are lucky to have two new developers join the team, so we let them introduce themselves and say WELCOME!

Naught

A college student studying at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, majoring in computer science with a researching focus on big-data software applications. Enjoys programming both in and out of school, favorite being native-level programming in C++, and regularly take-on hobby projects with the Real Virtuality engine. Known for several innovative mods and scripts such as SQF RCON.

AJCStriker

A Web Programmer and Enthusiast from London, works on Machine Learning projects for a day job, and in my spare time works on Gesture Recognition projects and Virtual Reality game projects. Background in C++, PHP, node.js and software architecture, studying a degree in Artificial Intelligence.

Thanks To

Special thanks to everyone here for supporting us with donations to the War Room. Database hosting isn’t free and the overwhelming popularity of ALiVE means we are using rather more data than we originally anticipated. If you want to contribute to keep the War Room ALiVE then please find the Donate button at ALiVEmod.com!

Have fun!

well done chaps. some really hard work there !

Aye, well done guys. Good to see even more talented programmers joining the team.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Friznit) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Edited by Guest
assigned pages to Friznit

Thanks Foxhound. Ref. the account connection piece, please can you link it to mine as Wolffy is on an extended break looking after his army of ankle biters.

Great update I must say. I know you said that the CAS attack run is still WIP so i am just informing you of what i have seen.

1) When you task fast air to do an attack run and select the weapon type you want to use the jet flys over the location once, informs you he is "engaging enemy" then flys over again and does nothing and flys off into the distance. I tried using several different weapon types and both the F/A18 and the A-164.

I will try more options of aircraft when i get chance later and also try it without any mods running and see if it still does the same and let you know.

Also regarding the ARTY module, is there a way i can set the unit to not move as when i place an MLRS unit it seems to get bored and starts driving around. I have not tried blowing up the arty yet to see if they respawn but i will try that later aswell.

Overall seems to be a great release. Keep up the good work.

I am now having trouble with the CAS A-164 if i send it out on a mission it is fine, it's when it returns to base it parks up on the grass between the runway and taxiways as it did before but when i try to send it out on another mission it responds as if all is working the engine fires up but it don't move. It just sits with the canopy open for about a minute then shuts the engine down, from this point the CAS tablet just says it's out on a mission and i can do nothing with it. It is also blocking the path for my second CAS jet so i am left with no CAS fast movers.

I have also noticed the issue with the MLRS moving off at the mission start, it don't move far but I'm sure there was only one MLRS in the mission before the update and mow there seem to be three, same with the M4 Schroeder. I am using the TakInsurgency_v1f_ALiVE_VASMO.Takistan mission which was default as of this morning when i started to notice the bugs both the aircraft and Artillery issues.

I'm sure there was only one MLRS in the mission before the update and mow there seem to be three, same with the M4 Schroeder.

The ARTY module now spawning 3 was in the change log for the patch.

Also in reference to that with 3 now spawning I can't set a position for them to be now as they are randomly placed near the module.

Making the AI do CAS attack runs seems to be very difficult to do unless you fake it by spawning a weapon under the aircraft, which we're trying to avoid doing. Please keep testing with different planes and let us know if you have any success though!

Arty/Mortars will now spawn 3 tubes each to provide a more realistic rate of fire from a gun battery (this has been requested many times), but BIS groups being what they are they'll move into a wedge formation facing the direction you place the module, so be sure to leave them plenty of space. They shouldn't move again unless you tell them to.

Aircraft taxiing is random as hell anyway thanks to BIS AI and poorly defined airfield configs. Try parking them in a different part of the airfield, leave plenty of space around them and ensure the taxiways are completely clear (they seem to need a good 30m clearance on either side or they just stop moving). If you can reliably reproduce the issue on different airfields then it might be a bug with CS and we can check it out.

@friznit2

Reference the CAS attack runs i have tried the F35B, A10A, A10C, F/A18E, F/A18F and none of them will do a gun run at an area with no targets in, only the A10A will do a gun run at an area with targets in all the others use any weapon they want, after they have finished the attack run when they say that they will "loiter" after the attack run all the planes i tried go to the bottom left corner of the map and stay there.

This was tested on the editor with only the planes i said and the alive modules on the map, targets i used were 4 x T100 (manned) and 2 x infantry squads all within a 800m area, and the attacks were done without "painting" any targets.

Hope that helps.

Question regarding mission persistence...

Does mission persistence only work while the server runs? Or can you run a mission and pull down the PBO and have the mission be changed around and reloaded onto the server with the changes from both the mission editing and combat?

Hey, i had some questions about a particular mission setup.

I wanted to do the following (SP Mission type):

1. Spawn different groups that are switchable/playable.

2. Spawn vehicles that are used by playable units

3. Create respawn points for self and/or AI controlled by users group. Because this is a SP mission, i've been having some issues but i think i will have this ironed out unless someone has an easy solution.

So here's my issue:

I created profile and said only profile non-synced units. However i had the following issue, when i left the BASE and then switch back to a unit in base, the units i originally were controlled would no longer be available to be switch back to. Its like they were profiled? Also i had similar issue with a pilot. Pilot was synced to profile module. I left and was flying heli. Wanted to leave him in the air while i switched to unit at base. Switch back to him and his heli was destroyed and he was landing using a parachute. It seems his heli was profiled and kicked him out of it.

So here's my intentions:

1. I am creating a user controlled base. I want to be able to do my own CAS and transport runs. I do this by switching between groups and vehicles. When this happens i want to make sure my units and/or vehicles are left as-is and i can switch back at anytime.

Thoughts?

Question regarding mission persistence...Does mission persistence only work while the server runs? Or can you run a mission and pull down the PBO and have the mission be changed around and reloaded onto the server with the changes from both the mission editing and combat?

It's full persistence between mission (or even server) restarts. Everything is saved to our central database so you can fiddle around with the PBO and carry on from where you left off. Please check the Data Module in the Wiki for details.

JCae2798 - if units are probably synced (not grouped) to the Profiles module and it's set correctly it should work fine. Try it with the Profiles module the other way around to test.

speeking of wonky profiling issues... My team is currently working on a Joint OP with 2 other groups. Its on stratis, and its basically a CTI. the mission also uses the Nimitz.

We have a pretty big issue that is pretty much keeping us from having vehicle respawns.

With our Current respawn script for vehicles, they respawn on the carrier, but then something in @ALIVE decides to profile them ( even though its set to ONLY PROFILE SYNCED UNITS ), and its not synced to the module.

So after a vic respawns. it suddenly has an AI in it (when it was an empty object) and then the engine turns on and the vic goes driving off the carrier..

So, Recap, We have empty vehicles with a respawn script that when they respawn, ALIVE adds a driver, turns the engine on and has them drive away, off the ship...

We had to remove the respawn script...

If you want i can send you the mission with the respawn script enabled so you can see for yourself. but @ALIVE is the culprit. and it has to do with the profiling.

EDIT::

Thinking back to when ALIVE was first release i remember having MANY similar issues when i would place and empty vic, it would be profiled and then replaced with a manned unit.. even though previously it was an empty object and shouldnt have been profiled in the first place.

Edited by Lordprimate

Never heard of empty vehicles getting profiled before. Will see if I can reproduce that one, but not had a problem with it in any missions I've made (which includes spawned vehicles during runtime). You absolutely sure it's not something in the respawn script?

Also, don't sync empty vehicles to the profiles module at all. Shouldn't be needed.

Edited by friznit2

Hwy friznit2, rthanks for the continued support. I just tested it again and still same issue.

Here's what i am doing to see if you can reproduce.

1. Create profile module but leave it to default (mean placed units/objects are not profiled?)

2. Create two groups, where each group leader is playable/switchable (SP mode)

3. The original group that you are selected as the player is the group that is only affect. Take this group and go fly someone far (i would go passed the profiles spawn mark. So for example if its set to 1.5k to show units within distance, fly past 1.5k).

4. Once your past this, switch back to other unit/group back at base. Run around for a few seconds, go back into your teamswitch menu and all a sudden that group is gone. if you fly back over there with new group you will see that group got profiled because you see the ALIVE profile icon. Sometimes you can see them respawn/despawn too...

Again this only seems to affect the original group you are the player of. I cannot get it to do the same on other groups so my guess is the original group is somehow getting profiled...

Having a problem getting CQB units to spawn on a dedicated server, no problem when I test on my client PC. I have updated alive on both client and server and the problem persists.. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

JCae2798 - will have to get another ALiVE dev to answer that one, I can't repro the issue you're having.

spitfirefrench - CQB working fine in all the tests I'm doing (both with and without mods, HC, multiple instances of the module etc). What classname are you using for the CQB units?

Also spitfire try removing and replacing the CQB modules in your mission (if it was created before the last update)

I've been learning how to set up Alive missions and seem to have run into a bug. I searched this thread and couldn't find any other mention of the issue.

I'm learning how to set up the profile system and created a group with a simple move and cycle waypoint patrol. I set the profiler spawn radius to 50 just to test it out. The group would start following waypoints like normal, and then disappear once outside of the spawn radius. Once they return within the radius, they reappear as expected but stop following their waypoints. I increased the spawn radius so that they wouldn't disappear and they followed the spawn points like normal. Any ideas? Apologies if I'm missing something silly here.

Hi Comrades!

JCae2798 and messFunkt -> I would kindly ask you both to provide a simple repro mission on our feedback tracker here (please add nothing else than CBA and ALiVE)!

I will take a look at the missions and analyse it! You would help me a lot!

Thanks in advance