wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Is there any way to customize the dynamic units that Placement/OPCOM modules spawn/task?
Hearing nothing, I added it as a feature request. :)

Hearing nothing, I added it as a feature request. :)

Thanks for the request, but we already got that on our tracker ;)

Ithink it will be done in version 0.7

---------- Post added at 15:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:38 ----------

I found m problem (I actually alluded to it in my previous post), some .pbo files in /addons are capitalised (OPCOM, CQB, sys_GC), so when the system is looking for sys_gc it can't find it as linux file system is case sensitive.

So I did a little renaming and eureka, it works :P

well, it works to the point the server loads, loading the insurgency mission from alive.com crashes the server :S

gawd YEAH, Linux... CASE SENSITIVE, i always forget about that... thanks for giving us feedback!

Thanks for the request, but we already got that on our tracker ;)

Ithink it will be done in version 0.7

You guys are awesome...

Hi,

I want to start using this mod but a couple of questions.

1. How do I set to caf aggressors, middle eastern units only.

2. How do I set civvies to middle eastern only.

3. In fallujah, will it seek to add civvies to the whole city?

4. Do triggers not work with Alive? I placed a couple of !alive triggers but they fired off even though units were still alive?

Please see the ALiVE Wiki, it answers all these common questions:

CAF Aggressors classnames here: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Supported_Factions

Civ Pop module is explained here (yes, it will populate the whole map but may take a while on very large maps): http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Civilian_Placement

Triggers won't detect profiles, so a normal !alive trigger will fire. See here for how to detect Profiled (virtual) units in a Trigger: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Script_Snippets#Detect_Virtual_Units_.28Profiles.29_in_a_Trigger_Area

You need the faction for the Middle Eastern enemies and civilians (the first post in the Aggressors thread); put these in the enemy placement and civilian placement modules faction box where it otherwise might say "OPF_F" or "CIV_F" (or something similar).

(It's "caf_ag_me_t" for the enemies, "caf_ag_me_civ" for the civilians).

Is there any way to add a profile for a single group, so it can be available for tasking by an OPCOM? I'd like to have some soldiers in an amphibious vehicle come ashore, get out, then be added assigned profiles so the OPCOM can assign them objectives to attack and manage them down the line. I Tried to refactor out the code in ALIVE_fnc_createProfilesFromUnitsRuntime to work for an individual group, but it didn't work.

Sorry guys i tried searching without luck. I have 2 questions:

1. Is it possible to setup respawn in SP gamemode? For example, my whole squad, if I die or they die, have a respawn back at base?

2. Also i am building a SP mission. I put down 5 different sqUADS. Is it possible that Alive does not send them to defend? So they will stay in their place and only attack if enemies come near? I've tried to sync them with profile module and not profile them but it doesnt seem to help. What is happening is when Enemies are attacking or nearby, alive is sending all of the sqauds to defend/attack. So if i run out with my original squad and die or want to leave, i can't team switch to this group because either they can be dead, or somewhere totally elsewhere. Hopefully i am explaining it where you can follow.

Thanks

1. Respawn is no different to normal ArmA editing: set a respawn_west marker and respawn=base in your description.ext: https://resources.bisimulations.com/w/index.php?title=Description.ext#Respawn...

2. Just place them on the map, set Profile module to "Profile all but Synced units" and sync (F5) the group leaders to the profile module. ALiVE won't do anything with them (although BIS AI or any other AI module might)

2. Just place them on the map, set Profile module to "Profile all but Synced units" and sync (F5) the group leaders to the profile module. ALiVE won't do anything with them (although BIS AI or any other AI module might)

Thanks. I think the problem has been with the VCOM AI mod that has been sending my AI go running. Thanks for the quick reply.

Hi, a few questions about ALiVE.

1) How do you get the ARTY/mortar to respawn if they get destroyed or how do you make it so they won't get destroyed.

2) When placing the CAS module and using fast air for it the jets don't follow the taxiway they just go across the grass to get to the runway and upon landing they dont go back to where they started, they just stop at the end on the runway. Is there anyway this can be changed?.

I am currently using the mod on the Altis map by the way, but overall this seems to be what Bohemia should have done in the first place, an awesome mod.

Kind regards

1. There's a setting in the combat support modules for respawn times.

2. That's a map bug I'm afraid, nothing we can do about it. AI depends on the map being built properly with taxiways and runways properly defined. You can try placing the module in different locations around the airfield. Some areas work better than others.

Glad you're enjoying it! Next update soonâ„¢ ;)

I seem to have a slight problem. I created a pretty big mission on Chernarus with a lot of military and military civilian placement modules, but it seems like there is no sense of a coordinated advance. It's like a few mechanized units will advance first and then there is no mass movement of air or infantry. I have everything set up correctly and all the OPCOMS are connected to their modules and the enemy modules.

1. There's a setting in the combat support modules for respawn times.

I changed the respawn to 1 min and while this does effect air assets it doesn't respawn any arty unit, on a side note i did try the MLRS unit but that wont fire nevermind respawn.

I use the custom objectives to achieve this, so that it will force the OPCOMS to use certain game logics to defend/attack. Here is the link

I changed the respawn to 1 min and while this does effect air assets it doesn't respawn any arty unit, on a side note i did try the MLRS unit but that wont fire nevermind respawn.

Arty is borked in this version. Should be fixed in 0.6.8 (coming very soonâ„¢)

OFPsince06 - multiple OPCOMs will work at a different pace, as they may prioritise things slightly differently. Better to use only one if you want a more coordinated effort. We're still subject to BIS AI to a certain extent, and it's anybody's guess what they'll do. I'm not even sure BIS know.

Hi all

Firstly thanks for producing such an awesome mod, if it's valid to call it a mod when it's more of a complete game mode.

I have been playing with an Insurgency mission which has both helicopters and jet CAS available which both seem to work well with the limited testing i have done. My main problem at the moment is refueling and rearming the aircraft when they return from a mission, is this supposed to be automatic or do i have to manually refuel and rearm them. There is a aircraft service trigger on the map but i cant get the jets to stop on or near it when they land. has anyone got any suggestions or workarounds to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Ian

Edited by Ian-C

Arty is borked in this version. Should be fixed in 0.6.8 (coming very soonâ„¢).

Ok great thank you.

Is there any way to add a profile for a single group, so it can be available for tasking by an OPCOM? I'd like to have some soldiers in an amphibious vehicle come ashore, get out, then be added assigned profiles so the OPCOM can assign them objectives to attack and manage them down the line. I Tried to refactor out the code in ALIVE_fnc_createProfilesFromUnitsRuntime to work for an individual group, but it didn't work.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Also I noticed that the defending OPCOM in the mission I'm working with tends to just send units into the center of objectives, massing infantry to just stand about in a field. Is there something I can tweak to have the AI actually take defensive positions? Or is an upgrade to the AI in works currently? Thanks.

Hi,

amphibious assaults from sea havent been tested by us yet, but by theory it should work with the function you said (if you fire off the function after the boats landed), is there any error? Please report back, mate!

Hi,

Regarding the fast air CAS, is there anyway i can change the loadout of the jets i use for it?.

The only way would be to use a mod that had separate class names for different loadouts (such as RKSL's Typhoon mod, which may get released soonâ„¢). You still wouldn't be able to do it from in game though (only in the editor set up). The next version of Combat Support coming in release 0.6.8 has an option to choose from one of the weapon types fitted to the aircraft when carrying out an attack run.

I know that transportation and general ai commanding is suppose to be updated/added in the logistics update. Can you give us some insight on how and what will be changed? Mainly transportation, as I am confused as to how the ai will work with that.