wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Weird, I have a requires ALiVE module placed. Loading still happens in the simulation it seems. I look forward to your findings, I'll experiment another bit myself later today to see if I can find out if changing around modules changes something.

Thanks for the quick reply too!

do you have issues with nzwiwasogo? i thought it was already indexed? please elaborate some more! thanks mate

Hey quick question,

I'm going to use ALiVE mixed with iron front A3. Are amphibious landings possible in ALiVE? (e.g spawn allies on the island NW of Omaha and have them come in and land and go from there)

Yo Instagoat!

Your dinner is ready, please grab it from here

basically the amb. civ. placement is a bit different to the civ. mil. placement, amb. civ placement has a seperate "profiling module" that was missing, and it also doesnt create strategic objectives (as the civilian military does), and those are needed for OPCOM to know where to send its troops! Furthermore there were some syncing mistakes (yeah I know, we need to make that a bit simpler and "out of the box")! I fixed it up, I believe its safe to go from here, and change the stuff you like to!

Burdy, ALiVE works with Iron Front (at least it used to work) but this D-Day stuff is not (yet) implemented in ALiVE!

enjoy comrades

Yo Instagoat!

basically the amb. civ. placement is a bit different to the civ. mil. placement, amb. civ placement has a seperate "profiling module" that was missing, and it also doesnt create strategic objectives (as the civilian military does), and those are needed for OPCOM to know where to send its troops! Furthermore there were some syncing mistakes (yeah I know, we need to make that a bit simpler and "out of the box")! I fixed it up, I believe its safe to go from here, and change the stuff you like to!

Burdy, ALiVE works with Iron Front (at least it used to work) but this D-Day stuff is not (yet) implemented in ALiVE!

enjoy comrades

Thanks for the reply :)

Quick question - by DDay stuff do you mean amphibious landings, or do you mean the DLC units?

Thanks for the reply :)

Quick question - by DDay stuff do you mean amphibious landings, or do you mean the DLC units?

amphibious landings :) but yeah, its on our list

Has anyone else come across an issue with not being able to get into vehicles after re spawning on alive servers?

Never had that issue, and I respawn a lot during ALiVE because I have a tendency to massively overdo the amount of enemy! Could it be (other) mod related?

I don't think so, will do a bare bones test tonight but each time I have had it happened it has been on Alive servers. The only other possibility is Medx but i think that was only on one of the servers.

trying to start my server with Alive mod (its an ubuntu server)

getting the following error

../lib/Network/networkServer.cpp ClearNetServer:NOT IMPLEMENTED - briefing!
Cannot open file '/home/arma3/Arma3/@ALiVE\addons\sys_gc'

anyone know what the issue is?

Hi, I mostly like to play SP and I was wondering if there's any way for me to get the Persistence running just for me. Am I right in thinking the only way this would be possible would be if I ran Arma as a very lonely dedicated server?

You can run a "dedi server" on your machine using arma3server.exe and join it with your regular ArmA3 game (see server forum for details). Ideally you need a static IP otherwise you'll have to change the IP on War Room every time your IP changes.

You can run a "dedi server" on your machine using arma3server.exe and join it with your regular ArmA3 game (see server forum for details). Ideally you need a static IP otherwise you'll have to change the IP on War Room every time your IP changes.

That seems to work. Cheers.

Yo Instagoat!

enjoy comrades

Superb! It appears to be working now, much more movement on the map this time around.

Thanks for the quick help!

trying to start my server with Alive mod (its an ubuntu server)

getting the following error

../lib/Network/networkServer.cpp ClearNetServer:NOT IMPLEMENTED - briefing!
Cannot open file '/home/arma3/Arma3/@ALiVE\addons\sys_gc'

anyone know what the issue is?

open and close all the ALiVE modules in editor and save the mission again, tell me if that worked please!

PS: InstaGoat, Nozkin - you are welcome!

It's not trying to load a mission, just start the server with CBA and Alive in the mod line.

It's not trying to load a mission, just start the server with CBA and Alive in the mod line.

Corrupted download then? I don't get that error, not using Linux though! Have you redownloaded the mod yet?

@lordhughes "..arma3/Arma3.." is that correct? seems problematic ...

yes i did call my user arma3, and its not problematic as linux is case sensitive.

I found m problem (I actually alluded to it in my previous post), some .pbo files in /addons are capitalised (OPCOM, CQB, sys_GC), so when the system is looking for sys_gc it can't find it as linux file system is case sensitive.

So I did a little renaming and eureka, it works :P

well, it works to the point the server loads, loading the insurgency mission from alive.com crashes the server :S

Please can you bung a ticket on our DH tracker ref the capitalisation thing? We're working to improve linux support and it'd be an important and relatively easy thing to fix. Thanks!

yeah I meant to was just a little rushed for time this morning as I had to get to work. Will do it at some point today.