wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Helice - Sorted you out on ALiVEmod.com and connected you to DB. Please test in game again!

Working in-game! :) <3

Just last detail. I am officer in the web not lead. Looks like i cannot edit group and If i click in the top "Your group" it gives me a Server Error: 500 (Internal Server Error).

hi,

Can i have a HD resolution jpg alive and war room logo?

Im making custom images for my youtube stream and i only find poor resolution logos.

Thanks!!!

Hey', amazing work, thanks for that, but I have some questions :

1 - I want to hide the ennemi positions on the map, but I don't know how. With the tutorial videos, I learn it was with the Military intelligence, but it seems don't work with me (I test in local, in admin, that's not a problem ?)

2 - It's not possible to set a fix number of ennemy ? It's like 30, 60 or 100, but it's not possible to have 40 or 50 ?

Thanks a lot ! :)

I can't seem to get the Combat Support ARTY/Mortars to work. I can get the CAS and transport working fine, but the ARTY/Mortars will show the unit "FOX SEVEN", but there's no tasks available in the list.

Any thoughts?

Friday game night. Us as well. No Arty (MBT), working either for ALiVE.

I can't repro this with the latest version of ALiVE. Some people have reported the Scorcher not working if all units are profiled (and fix it by changing the Profiler to only profile synced units) but in testing it works as intended with any settings I select. The Scorcher shows up fine and can be controlled as normal. Remember you can only use units of your own or friendly factions.

Sartax: turn off debug in all the modules and either move Intel completely or reduce it to minimum. ALiVE is deliberately designed so you can't specify exact amounts and type of enemy - all autogenerated formations are based on GENFOR combined arms groupings to provide a credibly realistic balance of power. If you want to be specific you should use regular editing techniques such as placing infantry only groups down with move waypoints and syncing them to the Profiles module.

Edit: ref arty, have repro'd the issue. For some reason the Arty/Mortar module has decided to get itself Profiled, which kinda breaks it. Temp workaround is to change Profile System to 'profile only synced units', but clearly that's not ideal. Will look into fixing it.

Edited by friznit2

Can I disable the pause menu? I moves the debug editor over too much.

Hi,

do you plan to release the pictures used for the AAR of the war room (ie the map in high details)?

I find them really usefull to plan missions.

Can I disable the pause menu? I moves the debug editor over too much.

Could you please elaborate on that?

How would I go about giving some armored vehicles from RDS Tank Pack to my Military Placement modules forces setup as the caf_ag_me_t faction (middle-eastern forces) from CAF Aggressors? I tried synching some BMPs to the Profile System and then OPCOM and giving the faction an armored platoon of 30, but no armored vehicles ever spawned.

1212PDMCDMPPM - sorry no, they're quite chunky and come in a format that isn't easily releasable (they're stitched together on the website). We have explored some ideas for adding planning tools on the website, such as drawing tools, map markers and task/briefing generators which can be imported into game during runtime. There are not a priority for the team at this time though.

Looter - as with every third party addon, Mil Placement will only spawn groups if they are probably set up in the configs. I'm willing to bet that the RDS tank pack port does not, which is why it won't work with ALiVE.

You can still place units manually and sync them to the Profiler (with the option set to profile all synced units), but it will only use these ones and not spawn any additional ones.

Anyone know if you have to open any specific ports to connect to the War room ? , any reported issues on Win 2012 server ?

EDIT:

OK sort of resolved removed ALL and started again from scratch and all works - very strange, however it does take 25+ min to start the mission and my .rpt log is 500MB+ after 30 min with all the errors as mention before so something is still not broken.

Edited by 1PARA{God-Father}

Two questions:

Can I profile AI that I've given waypoints to? Like I've got some boats and some planes flying around on endless loops with infinite fuel. Wanna know if I can profile them to save processing and if those units will keep their waypoints.

Also if can profile them, do I need to sync just the group leader or all units to the profiler?

I prefer to use "profile synced units", or would it be smarter just to blanket the map with the profiler and sync some special units with "don't profile synced units". I've got some stuff that's height and placement sensitive like helos and planes aboard ships.

Could you please elaborate on that?

Never mind. My ui setting were set to large.

Love it!! Alive - perfect name!

Been working my way through the videos tuts. I do still have one nagging question.

Since the units are spawned visually - if I am flying a UAV to recon a far off area will it be able to see the invisible units?

Great work!!

Love it!! Alive - perfect name!

Been working my way through the videos tuts. I do still have one nagging question.

Since the units are spawned visually - if I am flying a UAV to recon a far off area will it be able to see the invisible units?

Great work!!

Thanks comrade!

yeah! you will see em!

give it a try

---------- Post added at 05:28 ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 ----------

Two questions:

Can I profile AI that I've given waypoints to? Like I've got some boats and some planes flying around on endless loops with infinite fuel. Wanna know if I can profile them to save processing and if those units will keep their waypoints.

Also if can profile them, do I need to sync just the group leader or all units to the profiler?

I prefer to use "profile synced units", or would it be smarter just to blanket the map with the profiler and sync some special units with "don't profile synced units". I've got some stuff that's height and placement sensitive like helos and planes aboard ships.

yeah, thats what the profiler is for, havent tried flying plane groups myself yet, so feedback on that would be cool!

i prefer to only profile synced units and sync those that should be virtualized to the profiler (only need to sync the leaders)

Sorry for abit of crossposting but I'm investigating a bit on functionality.

Is there some sort of functionality built into Alive that makes enemy AI throw smoke when under fire/taking casualties? Together with MCC and Aggressors units throw quite alot of smokes when getting fired upon and with the different Aggressors units and that to our group that feels a bit off, so, we're trying to find ways to disable that.

I've posted the same question in the both the MCC thread and Aggressors thread and has gotten a confirmation that MCC indeed adds this, but just wanted to check if Alive might do this aswell.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work! :D

Thanks a lot for a quick answer. :inlove:

Is there anyway to make the Tasks longer as they seem to cancel fairly quick also is there any way to make them more Random as they always come in the same order after a restart.

Thanks

Of what i know of the task system, they only put this as a temporary feature, it is not yet ready and it is WIP in the moment. Personally i don't use it, as you said its not random enough and spawns in the same order all the time. We use the Military intel module for the moment to give us some kind of objective, we aslo added FOB's and PB's around the map and added custom objectives with game logic (this setVariable ["priority",50]; this setVariable ["size",150]; its in the FAQ of the ALiVE wiki, define custom objective) so that the bases are disputed between the factions. It doesn't give you tasks per say but its better than nothing.

What he said^. We threw in basic player tasks as a quickie and more as a thing to give people something to do while testing. It's not actually a core concept for ALiVE to generate missions for players, although we have been exploring ways we could use a combination of OPCOM and Military_Intel to generate meaningful tasks for players that have an impact on what the enemy is doing - as in, instead of a completely random mission generator you get given tasks that actually contributes to your OPCOM's overall mission. It's not actually on the development roadmap though.

What Ophelian describes is the best way - do a bit of your own analysis and planning to come up with your own tasks based on available intel!

I'm using ALIVE and I'm trying to add a killed event handler to module spawned units.

However, it is just not working, I've tried several things, including the wiki example.

Right now I have the same as:

class Extended_InitPost_EventHandlers {
    class caf_ag_me_t
    {
         //init = " _this call (compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'myscript.sqf')";
         init = " _this addEventHandler ['killed',{ 'objectnamehere' createVehicle (getpos _this select 0) } ];";
     };
};

but I have tried with Extended_Init_eventhandlers, Extended_killed_eventhandlers, having an sqf file called etc

it just isnt working. I'm using caf agressors mod.

I also want to add specific event handlers to opfor players which use the same faction as the AI (caf_ag_me_t), and these have to be persistent and stay after respawn and work for JIPs.

Help? :c