wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Pugs - if you read the release post and/or wiki, it explains you just need to turn persistence on in the relevant modules.

Yes, what I mean is does the server have to remain connected to the War Room the entire time? So say I load the mission, it starts, everyone plays for a bit. I do a "server exit" the mission stops is this where it saves? Can I actually kill the server, as in shut it down completely and then start it up again? Where am I loading the data from? Is it just automatic? Like in the WarRoom, is it going to consider the reload as another operation of the same mission and load all of the progress from there? Or is every operation separate?

Basically, what I want to know is how do I reload my saved mission? Is it stored externally and I link to it? Or does ALiVE just recognize that I'm loading up the same mission and it loads in the saved stuff?

Clawhammer - Logistics is a very simplified system currently - there is really not much more to understand. If OPCOM has a Logistics module synced, it's associated unit Profiles will get periodically reinforced to 100%. Logistics needs a nearby friendly base to spawn the units at. There's very little you can do to control it.

Spudly - no there isn't, and not something that is likely to change due to the way ArmA initialises. You could 'fake' an HQ using a high priority custom OPCOM objective near your own editor placed buildings.

Place:

Requires ALiVE module

Profiles module

OPCOM for blufor, OPCOM for opfor

2 markers to set your areas of operations

Military Placement module for each side synced to their respective OPCOM modules

Military Logistics module synced to each OPCOM module

Sync the opfor OPCOM to the blufor MP (mil placement) and the blufor OPCOM to the opfor MP (so they attack each other)

When groups die they will get respawned at a friendly objective - if you have the ML debug on it will show a "*" on the map with the letters ML beside it for each group that gets respawned

Thank you guys, i found these ML Markers on the map. Most of the time the respawned guys just standing around. Any idea how to tell them to fight?

LP - no idea mate. If it's the latest version of ALiVE it should be no difference. If it's an older version, then the changes in the recent BIS patch will cause long load times cos of map id changes.

Pugs - Yes. It's based on the mission name - if that stays the same then ALiVE will just start where you left off. And yes, you can restart the server, edit your mission to add more stuff etc

Claw - OPCOM will give them orders in due course. It may take a while for the commander to reassess his available units and give them orders.

Yes. It's based on the mission name - if that stays the same then ALiVE will just start where you left off. And yes, you can restart the server, edit your mission to add more stuff etc

Is it the displayed mission name or mission file name? E.g. I have a mission with file name "XXX_yyy_zzz_v1" and displayed name "[XXX] yyy ZZZ" and I'll change the file name to "XXX_yyy_zzz_v2" but leave the displayed name the same, will it still load the data from previous mission version?

Pugs - Yes. It's based on the mission name - if that stays the same then ALiVE will just start where you left off. And yes, you can restart the server, edit your mission to add more stuff etc

Can I add additional ALiVE exclusive stuff like say additional MILCIV or edit TAORs and then reload and ALiVE will make the appropriate additions in addition to the persistent stuff?

Claw - OPCOM will give them orders in due course. It may take a while for the commander to reassess his available units and give them orders.

ok, how can i end an alive mission? mission end by trigger dont work.

Max - filename (as in mymission.pbo) You can change the displayed mission name in mission.sqm no probs. I'll update the wiki to be clear.

Pugs - Yes. You can add whatever you want between saves and turn persistence on. In theory. Please test and if it breaks let us know!

Claw - please only use the ALiVE Exit Mission / Exit Server buttons. The regular BIS mission exit doesn't close things down properly and stuff won't safe to the server, so we had to re-write it for them.

War Room (and ALiVE data) only supports Dedicated Servers with a static IP.

Is it possible to use a DNS name for a server that changes IP regularly? (i.e. arma.myserver.com rather than 12.34.56.78)

Within the Insurgency mode Im having some issues interacting with surrendered OPFOR (but my team mates can which makes me think its something on my end) is it one of the starup parameters I have going? -cpuCount=8 -high -maxMem=2047 -maxVRAM=1000 -noBenchmark -noLogs -noPause -noSplash -world=empty

Thanks!

Is it possible to use a DNS name for a server that changes IP regularly? (i.e. arma.myserver.com rather than 12.34.56.78)

Not yet unfortunately.

We have a hosted Server ATM with gameserver as our dedi is offline , is there any way to set-up War room on it as we do not have access to "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\"

or will this only work with Dedi ?

We have a hosted Server ATM with gameserver as our dedi is offline , is there any way to set-up War room on it as we do not have access to "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\"

or will this only work with Dedi ?

Hey mate, actually deploying the config into the ARMA3 root folder should also work. Tupolov did that in last release already!

---------- Post added at 12:49 ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 ----------

Also comrades, if you have a server running and get weird DB/Data related errors, please re-downlaod the server package from WarRoom or just apply the new ALiVEplugin.dll that we ship with the update!

Can this be used with headless client?

Well the CQB module can be set to HC, we use it on our missions, very useful. The other modules use the profile system to spawn/despawn the units.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (wolffy.au) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

I'm trying to get this working, but I don't see a users/username/appdata/local/arma2net/arma2net.log at all. My rpt gives no indications that anything is being loaded from the arma2net addon at all, no errors or anything that I can see. Is there some sort of log file supposed to go into users/username/appdata/local/Alive as well, as I'm not getting anything there either.

Is there a tutorial for setting up my own dedicated server that anyone here would recommend? I have Windows 7. This is, of course, so that I can use the new persistence function of ALIVE.

Basically I just want to play an ALIVE mission with a couple friends and use my pc as the dedicated server but after we're finished playing I would use my pc for other things and then try to load our game up again when we want to play it and resume where we left off. Is this possible now?

Edited by JaySmizzle

Is there a tutorial for setting up my own dedicated server that anyone here would recommend? I have Windows 7. This is, of course, so that I can use the new persistence function of ALIVE.

Basically I just want to play an ALIVE mission with a couple friends and use my pc as the dedicated server but after we're finished playing I would use my pc for other things and then try to load our game up again when we want to play it and resume where we left off. Is this possible now?

Yes, just follow the video tutorial here

http://alivemod.com/#ALiVEWarRoom

Any way I can run a script on the transport helo? I'm trying to set it captive and run another captive script for when units enter the cargo. Script works fine on the editor placed helo and I got it to work all right with the BIS support modules.................but lets just say those BIS modules are.........uh............great.......................

Anyway I can make an editor placed helo with scripts running in its init be the helo that the ALiVE Support uses for transport? Or got another solution?

I'm trying to make a mission with Massi's Marines.

Is there anyway to standardize the camo pattern? I'm seeing people randomly in woodland, desert and artic camo. Even on the squad level they are not consistent.

I'm trying to make a mission with Massi's Marines.

Is there anyway to standardize the camo pattern? I'm seeing people randomly in woodland, desert and artic camo. Even on the squad level they are not consistent.

Not really; it runs on Factions meaning the whole faction and anyone in it. The only real way to make it standard is to do as my Marines are right now; A faction per camo.

Finally got it all working! YAY!

This thing rocks.

On the Live Feed of the mission I just ran though, it still reads 0 Enemy kills in the header bar although I slotted a few which showed up in the timeline very quickly. Does it take time to update or does it need something else setting up to do this?

Something wrong with unlimited loading when i tried to launch ALiVE on Sahrani map from AiA3 modpack. Any solutions?

Yes, just follow the video tutorial here

http://alivemod.com/#ALiVEWarRoom

Thanks but that doesn't help me set up a dedicated server on my pc (the same pc I'll be playing ARMA with). I've set up a static IP address on my pc and went through the tutorial (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server) but step 13 doesn't work like it should; an Administrator directory is never created like it claims. However, when I load the dedicated server it appears to work but when I load ARMA 3 my server is not listed. It'd be great if there were a better tutorial or a way to save an ALIVE mission without using a dedicated server but it looks like that's not going to happen.

Thanks but that doesn't help me set up a dedicated server on my pc (the same pc I'll be playing ARMA with). I've set up a static IP address on my pc and went through the tutorial (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server) but step 13 doesn't work like it should; an Administrator directory is never created like it claims. However, when I load the dedicated server it appears to work but when I load ARMA 3 my server is not listed. It'd be great if there were a better tutorial or a way to save an ALIVE mission without using a dedicated server but it looks like that's not going to happen.

Unless you are logging into your Win 7 desktop as administrator this will likely be your own user directory so look there instead. (ie. replace your login with administrator in the instructions).

And BTW, all these instructions are probably not needed as that looks like setting up just the stand-alone server on a computer where you don't have Arma3 client installed. The normal client install I believe also includes the stand-alone server (ie. arma3server.exe). All you would need to do is run that. But the best way to do that and setup all your profile files and setting etc. is to use Tophe's Arma Server Launcher (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?104991-Tophe-s-Arma-Dedicated-Server-Tool-(TADST)). In fact launching any other way is just painful ;)