wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Question Answered!!! LOLz

Edited release post for the sake of joy....

Thanx to the fantastic ALiVE team for their 'persistence' in making my Arma experience fun-er!! Congratulations on the updated release :)

Does persistence require a War Room server connection to be set up? If so, is it at all possible (or on the roadmap anywhere) to figure out how to enable Linux servers to register with the War Room?

Does persistence require a War Room server connection to be set up? If so, is it at all possible (or on the roadmap anywhere) to figure out how to enable Linux servers to register with the War Room?

Hi psyrixx, yep warroom account is required for persistence. We are looking into linux support currently, and will see if its possible to get our webservice code working cross platform.

Can someone elevate this update through Six please.

SnR, yeah we are on it - lacking a bit of available ressources, so sorry for the delay on updating it on PWS!

I have s short ask, is it possible that alive respawns enemy ai automaticly? iam planing an endless mission, is that possible?

I have s short ask, is it possible that alive respawns enemy ai automaticly? iam planing an endless mission, is that possible?

To some degree, yes, the logistics modules will provide respawning of groups at locations held by OPCOM

I could download new ALIVE version from their website so I hope both ArmAholic and Six updater will update ALIVE soon.

I'm happy to help if you need a testbed. I have a Warroom account for myself, and created a group, but wasn't able to add my server to it due to the current limitation. It's a private server, and I'm more than happy to throw beta code on it and let you guys hop into it to check various things if you need.

:cool:

Sync a logistics module to the OPCOM - I think that should do it.

To some degree, yes, the logistics modules will provide respawning of groups at locations held by OPCOM

Can you pls go a little bit deeper into the detail how the ai respawn? how much, in wich way, what is needed, restriction, limitations... Thank you very much :-)

I know I asked this question before but don't think it was every answered.

If I stick my IP address of a local hosted server into the war-room will the DB connect? And if I update the War-room server IP address if the next time I switch on my IP's changed, before I launch ARMA, would that work?

Love your work guys, would like to know though, what is it the OPCOM module is looking for when it tries to create a headquarters? I'm trying to use the Bystrica map and for some reason the OPCOM can't identify a location for a headquarters. I've put down Military Offices, Office Buildings, Military Cargo HQs, all three types of barracks buildings and it just can't find a spot. I've tried adding a Game Logic object, but no joy. Have I missed anything please?

Can you pls go a little bit deeper into the detail how the ai respawn? how much, in wich way, what is needed, restriction, limitations... Thank you very much :-)

Please check the wiki for more information on this. All you need to do is place a Military Logistics module and sync it to your desired OPCOM module. AI groups that are destroyed will be respawned at a friendly objective.

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Military_Logistics

Love your work guys, would like to know though, what is it the OPCOM module is looking for when it tries to create a headquarters? I'm trying to use the Bystrica map and for some reason the OPCOM can't identify a location for a headquarters. I've put down Military Offices, Office Buildings, Military Cargo HQs, all three types of barracks buildings and it just can't find a spot. I've tried adding a Game Logic object, but no joy. Have I missed anything please?

It has to detect a map structure not something you've placed in the editor... it looks for military barracks, cargo HQs, military offices, etc. AFAIK there is no way to manually 'force' it to use a specific structure.

It has to detect a map structure not something you've placed in the editor... it looks for military barracks, cargo HQs, military offices, etc. AFAIK there is no way to manually 'force' it to use a specific structure.

...Bugger, that complicates things rather a lot. I don't suppose there is a function I can call to get the OPCOM to scan for a headquarters after mission init?

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.

Please check the wiki for more information on this. All you need to do is place a Military Logistics module and sync it to your desired OPCOM module. AI groups that are destroyed will be respawned at a friendly objective.

I read the wiki article here http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Military_Logistics but iam still a little bit unsure how to create fluid reinforments.

For example i will let BlueFor fight against an OPFOR Base, i should make 2 OPFOR Zones so i can be sure that the will be get reinforments from the secound base? Currently iam testing this but it looks like each bases are ignoring each other (But i bind them with the OPCOM?)

Edited by Clawhammer

...Bugger, that complicates things rather a lot. I don't suppose there is a function I can call to get the OPCOM to scan for a headquarters after mission init?

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.

Not that I am aware of... it may be technically impossible to do this post-init we'll have to wait for a DEV to respond. Right now the HQ doesn't really do much (ie: it's not necessary to have an HQ for logistics/reinforcements to work) although that is sure to change in the future.

I read the wiki article here http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Military_Logistics but iam still a little bit unsure how to create fluid reinforments.

For example i will let BlueFor fight against an OPFOR Base, i should make 2 OPFOR Zones so i can be sure that the will be get reinforments from the secound base? Currently iam testing this but it looks like each bases are ignoring each other (But i bind them with the OPCOM?)

Place:

Requires ALiVE module

Profiles module

OPCOM for blufor, OPCOM for opfor

2 markers to set your areas of operations

Military Placement module for each side synced to their respective OPCOM modules

Military Logistics module synced to each OPCOM module

Sync the opfor OPCOM to the blufor MP (mil placement) and the blufor OPCOM to the opfor MP (so they attack each other)

When groups die they will get respawned at a friendly objective - if you have the ML debug on it will show a "*" on the map with the letters ML beside it for each group that gets respawned

Clawhammer - Logistics is a very simplified system currently - there is really not much more to understand. If OPCOM has a Logistics module synced, it's associated unit Profiles will get periodically reinforced to 100%. Logistics needs a nearby friendly base to spawn the units at. There's very little you can do to control it.

Spudly - no there isn't, and not something that is likely to change due to the way ArmA initialises. You could 'fake' an HQ using a high priority custom OPCOM objective near your own editor placed buildings.

Charliereddog - this has been answered several times in fact. War Room (and ALiVE data) only supports Dedicated Servers with a static IP. You could try what you're suggesting and see if it works though I doubt it will - let me know if it does!

Question about persistence.

So I've run a campaign in ALiVE, connected to WarRoom, worked well enough sometimes. Gunny informed me "its a WIP" but at least it updated my guys kills and kept the stats for the group. The map thingy wasn't refreshed though. Anyway, I'm new to this server thing. I've obviously got a dedi and static IP since it works with WarRoom, but I'm new and I've been using Tophe's Dedicated Server Tool. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11656 its super easy.

Now that we can save player and AI data to the ALiVE database, how do I go about doing this? Basically, how do I exit the mission and reload the mission without breaking the server? Previously, I just let the server run for like 14 days without restart and just had OPCOM enabled/disabled via trigger.

Yeah, so, help a noob out.:p

Quick question, is there way to turn on Player Tags on mission start? I mean without manual turning on? Thanks for anwser!

Pugs - if you read the release post and/or wiki, it explains you just need to turn persistence on in the relevant modules.

Evro - not actually sure on that one. If there isn't a setting in the module then probably not. Stick in a feature request if you like.

I dont know if its just me but i have to ask..

I have a mission i made a LONG time ago with ALIVE. It is up to date as far as the modules and their content. Its a simple mission really just two AO's one for blufor one for opfor. Low AI count 160 total. 60 blufor, 100 opfor.

Why i am say all that is because that same mission is taking much longer to load..

It use to take 1-2 minutes tops to load.. now its over 10 minutes im waiting at the loading screen... WTF.. is it just me experiencing these really long load times?

I am running the same AI mods, Bcombat and Grouplink as i have been before.." THE SAME MOD SET, LONGER LOAD TIMES "..

Is anyone else experiencing exceedingly long loading times?

more backround info on the mission ...

1) no persistant or Database modueles

2) just modules for each factions AO. one civi place, and one mil place. for each faction.

3) no convoy, or civilian anything.

Edited by Lordprimate