wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

ALiVE doesn't manipulate AI in any way, so we're beholden to BIS settings on that score. If you want to make OPFOR shoot each other you'd probably need to do some pretty funky scripting to achieve it.

So I'm using the dual respawn points from 'Divide and Rule'. I've got my server persistence set to "1" and I've got persistence turned on in the ALiVE module. Why are my guys having to respawn every time they come in the server?

I know that persistence isn't totally achieved yet, but do you guys know any reason why positions and gear aren't saving and everyone has to die and respawn on rejoin? Is it to do with the multispawn?

Could be Divide and Rule dual respawn conflicting, or multispawn (which is in dev only version, not release i.e. not ready). Try ditching both those and repro. Default answer: if you can't make it work, try to repro with vanilla (ALIVE+CBA only) then submit a bug report.

Ah, meant to say I'm not using the multispawn module. I ripped the mobile respawn out of Divide and Rule. That's it. I haven't played D&R. Do players have to respawn every time they join?

ALiVE doesn't manipulate AI in any way, so we're beholden to BIS settings on that score. If you want to make OPFOR shoot each other you'd probably need to do some pretty funky scripting to achieve it.

add to init.sqf

EAST setfriend [EAST,0];  

done lol

Can ASR_AI be used with the ALIVE mod? I hope or the script from Robalo can be used to make the AI's fighting skills better than the place card hold skill of the dumb stock BIS AI.

I use ASR_AI with ALiVE and it works just fine. Just don't place the "AI Skill" ALiVE module down and profiled units that spawn in will use whatever settings ASR does.

Edited by Rath
typos

Hi silentghoust

I have added a snippet on the wiki for the call to profile all non profiled units via a script call.

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Script_Snippets#Profiling_all_non_profiled_units_on_the_map_via_script

To disable modules until conditions are met see the pause modules functions on the script snippets also:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Script_Snippets#Pausing_Modules

---------- Post added at 12:31 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

Hi Jay,

We have identified a bug in the init system for MP module on these maps, the fix will be in the next ALiVE release. Thanks for pointing this out!

Excellent! Looking forward to it!

Hey Comrades!

Sorry that i havent been around much lately, RL work is mental and im trying to get as much stuff done for ALiVEs upcoming release! Just let me tell you, we have AI persistence working - you will be amazed! Im now going through the last few pages and see if I can answer some questions, that popped up the last few days!

We have been using bcombat for some time and there are some sexy responses in combat. Should I disable the AI Skill Module for this to function correctly also?

We have been using bcombat for some time and there are some sexy responses in combat. Should I disable the AI Skill Module for this to function correctly also?

I may be wrong but I think Bcombat is not yet MP ready. I have it, I use, I love it but have had mixed results when using it on a MP server. When I personally host a room it performs very well but when I attempt to use it (installed on our dedicated server), not so much. Can anyone else chime in on this? Thanx.

I may be wrong but I think Bcombat is not yet MP ready. I have it, I use, I love it but have had mixed results when using it on a MP server. When I personally host a room it performs very well but when I attempt to use it (installed on our dedicated server), not so much. Can anyone else chime in on this? Thanx.

cant really confirm that! have it running on our server and cant really say that the results differ much from the singleplayer experience...

Hi mate!

Yeah, for all 3rd party AI enhancement mods we suggest to disable AI skill module, as it may have a direct impact on AI behaviour!

About bCombat SP/MP overall! I think its SP officially but it also works in MP environments, depending how you do MP (host/dedi) there may be differences esp. with clientside AI (as CQB does it) - Esp. if you host a dedi env. you may want to ensure everyone uses exactly the same mods plus correct versions! I also heard that ASR is working well with ALiVE!

And sorry, i still wasnt able to screen the last pages! But im on it ;)

Ah, meant to say I'm not using the multispawn module. I ripped the mobile respawn out of Divide and Rule. That's it. I haven't played D&R. Do players have to respawn every time they join?

Check description.ext and see if there is a respawnOnStart option and if so set it to 0.. could also be the respawn module you are using that causes that

If you are using bCombat make sure to disable any of the fancy moves / AI animations as apparently they don't work in MP

EDIT Nervermind, got Alive working. Hostname was wrong.

What means this in the errorlog:

ALiVE-0 CONNECTED TO DATABASE, BUT PERFDATA HAS BEEN TURNED OFF

Edited by Clawhammer

It means Performance Data module is off. This is fine, cos Perf Data doesn't work very well at the moment and you don't need it.

It means Performance Data module is off. This is fine, cos Perf Data doesn't work very well at the moment and you don't need it.

ok thanks!

I mapped the custom user button #20 to my "home" key as I do not have a right windows key. I did this because I do not have a right windows key. Now for some reason this brings up the admin console and it has overwritten the "apps" key that used to bring up the admin console.

So yeah............ whats that about?

Edit: NVM. I mapped to left windows and now the tablet and admin console come up together.

Edited by I WUB PUGS

Hey Pugs!

If you define custom user key #20 this will use that key instead of the right app key! This is how it should be, in case you got no right app key :)

any plans for an update?. Arma 3 is updating as i type.. so im sure there are going to be warning messages and whatnot...

yaT923QqaWdy53Vc7Y7fSw51GNXD15VGGmpUpvlcYxY32Gwm3_-tTWji8k8SccpTk9NSRVkS_egZn2obtwGO68vGS4yBJDnR53osWkazThm6mHBvkLfWBDB2

alivemod.com

The next generation dynamic persistent campaign for ArmA3

As you just asked for it, we are even more excited to reveal the next installment of ALiVE!

One of our most important design goals is to deliver a system that allows everyone to play persistent multiplayer campaigns without the need for complicated database setup,

complex scripting or finicky mod management. The ability to play truly continuous operations that last many weeks, even if the server is shut down in between ops,

completely revolutionises the way the game is played. Everything from your performance to your location on the map and even the fuel state of vehicles has to be accounted for.

There is no magic reset when the next mission starts!

The newest version number has been increased from 0.6.0 to 0.6.5 and is considered a MAJOR RELEASE,

as there have been big steps done in the last weeks!

pCnoZZw.jpg

Following the success of the War Room, which has received a vast amount of data since it went live last month,

we have now unlocked Persistence in a number of ALiVE modules. As always with ALiVE, there is no complicated setup.

Group Admins simply need to sign on to the War Room and follow the instructions to register their game server with our central database

(if you have done so previously for ALiVE Stats then you’re already good to go and don’t need to do anything else here).

Compiled highlights in this release is simple: ALiVE Multiplayer Mission Persistence, see full changelog below...

Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment (ALiVE) Changelog

- Repo updated 30/04/2014 @ 20:45

- Latest Version set to 1404301

- Build 0.6.5

* 1404301 changelog

[VARIOUS] Fixed script error in buttonAbort by changing to BIS_fnc_MP, last tweaks for release

[CLUSTERS] Updated Clusters for 1.18

[FNC_ANALYSIS] removed POS warning

[uI] Disabled IDC_LOADINGSTART_LOADINGSTART and used IDC_LOADINGSTART for release to workaround the broken map/mission loading screen in 1.18! Needs check for alternatives or real fix!

[sUP_COMBATSUPPORT] Added "ALiVE_Tablet" to Combatsupport

[MIL_OPCOM] Updated Foursome Showcase with new Module params

[MIL_CQB] Removed visible debug output

[sYS_PROFILE] Ensured that player profiles are also removed on alt+f4

- Repo updated 26/04/2014 @ 19:48

- Latest Version set to 1404261

- Build 0.6.5

* 1404261 changelog

Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment (ALiVE) Changelog

- Repo updated 26/04/2014 @ 19:48

- Latest Version set to 1404261

- Build 0.6.5

* 1404261 changelog

[ALL] Updated version to 0.6.5.1404261 (closed testers)

[MAIN] Fixed player profiles not beeing deleted and moved to [0,0,0] on player disconnect (fixing / reducing the [0,0,0] warnings)

[sYS_PROFILE] Fixed script error if no waypoints were assigned!

[CIV_COMMAND] fix for missing meeting partner

[sYS_DATA_COUCHDB] Fixed Loading Data was broken!

[MIL_PLACEMENT] fixed bug in HQ clusters

[sYS_PROFILE] fixed bug in persistence setting for older maps

[sYS_DATA] Fix RPT spam error when web service is down

[TABLET] Added tablet model (m_tablet) and config (c_tablet). Still WIP as RVMATs not showing in game yet.

[MIL CONVOYS] Added failsafe in location lookup to exit if it fails to prevent script errors!

[MIL_CQB] Create Sector Grid if Profiles Module isnt placed

- Repo updated 22/04/2014 @ 10:51

- Latest Version set to 1404211

- Build 0.6.5

* 1404211 changelog

[sYS_WEATHER] Fine tuning of values

[MIL OPCOM] Fixed HashSet script error on adding custom objectives, improved debug

[MIL_CQB] Removed/changed RPT output

[MIL CQB / MIL CONVOY] CQB saves cleared sectors instead of every house, fixed opportunity for script error in convoys

[sYS REVIVE] More MP fixes... Variable name changes... adjusted damage amount before bleeding out and dieing.

[sYS REVIVE] Squashing MP Bugs, added player notifications

[sYS_PERF] Optimized sys_perf to report all perf data every 60 seconds in 1 record.

[uI] Fix error with server save text

[MAIN] Added CQB to Save Server button

[MIL_CQB] Implemented persistence for CQB

[sYS_PLAYER] Fixed issue with gear not being properly stored on disconnect https://dev.withsix.com/issues/74377

[MIL_OPCOM] Changes and Fixes

[sYS_PROFILE] fixes for save and load

[sYS_PLAYER] Reduced minimum time to save from 1 minute to 20 seconds

[uI] Added Server Save button

[MIL_CQB] Prepared operation "state" in order for CQB Pestilence... ahhhm Persistence

[MAIN] Fix for script error in ALiVE_fnc_pause/unpause

[MIL_OPCOM] Persistence: Autoload from DB implemented, optimized structure of operations

[MAIN] Updated CLUSTERBUILD for new public stable

[FNS_STRATEGIC] fixes for get parking position to reduce ambient vehicles exploding

[MAIN] fix in button abort to fix https://dev.withsix.com/issues/74372

[MIL_PLACEMENT] made only planes spawn in hangars if planes are available for faction

[sYS_DATA] Return string ERROR rather than boolean to indicate a failed db connection. Fixes http://dev.withsix.com/issues/74374

Download: Grab the latest version from HERE PLEASE until our site was updated!

A brief description for the relevant modules is below. Full details for mission editors can be found on the ALiVE Wiki. Do please check the wiki before asking questions here!

Persistence is OFF by default and must be enabled by the mission editor by placing the relevant modules and turning on the Persistence option in each one as desired.

Unlike a simple save game, this gives mission makers the flexibility to define exactly when and where Persistence is applied.

Requires ALiVE and ALiVE Data must be placed before you can enable Persistence in any of the following modules.

Profiles System - when module Persistence is switched On, this stores the current location and state (% combat effectiveness) of all profiled AI groups including their vehicles.

OPCOM

retains orders to groups currently under command. If OPCOM persistence is disabled when the mission restarts,

it will run through the normal routine of reviewing the current state of MP/MCP Objectives in its TAOR,

identifying available troops and issuing fresh orders as required.

Ambient CQB

Persistence for CQB works slightly differently by storing the cleared state of CQB sectors. This is necessary for performance reasons.

If a sector is not fully cleared, AI groups may reoccupy the sector after a mission restart.

Player Persistence

stores a large amount of data about the player, including location, equipment, health and score.

Player persistence can optionally be enabled for only leaving/rejoining (JIP) existing missions or full persistence between server restarts.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

In case you have already a server running that is connected to the WarRoom, please apply the new .dll that we ship with the update to your server or just re-download the package from your WarRoom Account (Server setup)!

Be aware that DB persistence is in its early stages, and we are currently improving loading times!

Please be patient while saving missions and starting them back up! It will take about 3 minutes for the Foursome demo for saving its progress

and about 5 minutes on mission start! If you have bigger scenarios it may even take longer, don’t shut down the server, disconnect/reconnect inbetween.

Just be gentle and give it time! Also (as stated above) SYS Player will be enabled in the upcoming release, there are some things we need to check before!

This is why ALiVE is still Alpha but we want you to take part of the fun!

Disclaimer

We have done our best to ensure backward compatibility for your missions. However, in case you get a new error with an existing mission, please delete and replace the offending module in the editor and you should be good to go again. As usual, please post any issues or feature requests on our tracker.

Work In Progress

Our next major design milestone is Logistics. This is a huge task and will not be delivered in one piece but will see several iterations. The existing interim placeholders such as Profile Reinforcements and Ambient Convoys will be replaced by a comprehensive AI Military Logistics system integrated with OPCOM, Military Placement and Profiles (LOGCOM).

We are also developing a very basic Persistent Player Logistics module for all those people who enjoy moving ammo boxes around and building bases and don’t want to run any additional logistic scripts/mods for whatever reason. Finally, we have started early design work on a Logistics Demand (LOGDEM) module by which players can request additional equipment, vehicles and (maybe) friendly AI.

Exactly what order these arrive in is still to be determined.

Our longer term roadmap remains as before:

1. Enhancements to OPCOM, TACOM and CivPop

2. Insurgency Module.

Thanks To

Special thanks to everyone here for supporting us with feedback and bug report and to our dedicated testing team (don't let me get my whip out :) )!

Stay tuned for more!

Edited by highhead