wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

ALiVE doesn't work anymore on maps like Hazar-Kot, Aliabad, Tora Bora, and FATA. It hangs up in the loading screen when attempting to "preview" in the editor and when loading a mission from multiplayer.

If you want a quick start check out octobers quick and dirty insurgency tutorial:

I'm trying to create my own Insurgency mission and did everything exactly as in the video but nothing ever spawns. I see markers on the map but there is no unit when when I teleport there. Any ideas?

EDIT: I've just tried the same with Altis and vanilla units. Nothing spawns on my map. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by su27

Does OPCOM place down a unit like a Colonel at the HQ flag? I ask because one of my guys just killed Colonel Namdar in Sofia and this is very near where ALiVE put the CSAT OPCOM hq flag.

And another one just killed Gen Attar.

Edited by I WUB PUGS

I'm trying to create my own Insurgency mission and did everything exactly as in the video but nothing ever spawns. I see markers on the map but there is no unit when when I teleport there. Any ideas?

EDIT: I've just tried the same with Altis and vanilla units. Nothing spawns on my map. What am I doing wrong?

Same problem man. Theres another guy here in the forum who has the problem. But nobody was trying to solve it. There is just too lil possibility the mod will go wrong. So theres only one thing I can assume.. Proly the game we had was pirated..

JaySmizzle - what does the rpt say? Have these maps been updated recently? Were you trying to run with the database modules whilst alivemod.com was down (see last page)?

su27/adlfurball - this is a problem pretty unique to you and you're not providing enough info for us to be able to help. Check the rpt files for errors that might indicate why stuff isn't loading. Troubleshoot by making a very simple mission with nothing but a MP & Profiles module and see if you can repro the issue. That said, if you or anyone else are not using a legit copies of the game, we can't help (and it'd be wise not to admit it here!)

Pugs - no idea! Quite possibly. Either that or OPCOM is learning and has plans to take over the world. In which case you would do well to keep shooting them.

If anyone has persistent errors/bugs that cannot be resolve here, your best bet is to join the ALiVE skype chat or submit a bug report on our tracker, attaching your mission and any relevant rpt files so we can investigate for you.

su27/adlfurball - this is a problem pretty unique to you and you're not providing enough info for us to be able to help. Check the rpt files for errors that might indicate why stuff isn't loading.

Is ZEUS required to play ALiVE?

No and if it's not implimented properly it will break an ALiVE mission... I know as I haven't had the chance to get it working yet.... Apparently just dropping down the Alive "thingy" isn't enough

SJ

No and if it's not implimented properly it will break an ALiVE mission... I know as I haven't had the chance to get it working yet.... Apparently just dropping down the Alive "thingy" isn't enough

SJ

Well, I found a "curator" errors in my rpt file. I play SP only so never bothered to download the DLC. But after installing it my problems are gone.

It's not so much Zeus itself but the game patch that came with it that was your problem! There are often a number of changes that we needed to accommodate in ALiVE whenever's there's a patch. Glad it's sorted though :)

JaySmizzle - what does the rpt say? Have these maps been updated recently? Were you trying to run with the database modules whilst alivemod.com was down (see last page)?

su27/adlfurball - this is a problem pretty unique to you and you're not providing enough info for us to be able to help. Check the rpt files for errors that might indicate why stuff isn't loading. Troubleshoot by making a very simple mission with nothing but a MP & Profiles module and see if you can repro the issue. That said, if you or anyone else are not using a legit copies of the game, we can't help (and it'd be wise not to admit it here!)

Pugs - no idea! Quite possibly. Either that or OPCOM is learning and has plans to take over the world. In which case you would do well to keep shooting them.

If anyone has persistent errors/bugs that cannot be resolve here, your best bet is to join the ALiVE skype chat or submit a bug report on our tracker, attaching your mission and any relevant rpt files so we can investigate for you.

The logs? I wish I could decipher it: http://www.file-upload.net/download-...thSIX.log.html

I uploaded it there if anyone wants to help. I don't believe these maps (at least FATA) were updated recently. No, I wasn't running the database module. Is seriously no one else having issues loading these maps?

Im not implying that I purposely download a pirated version. I bought the game for about 200bucks (MYR) from my local game store. Im just saying that the guy who sold me that game could have ripped me off ;). anyways will try to interpret the rpt files and get back to you..

The logs? I wish I could decipher it: http://www.file-upload.net/download-...thSIX.log.html

I uploaded it there if anyone wants to help. I don't believe these maps (at least FATA) were updated recently. No, I wasn't running the database module. Is seriously no one else having issues loading these maps?

That link isn't to your file - can you repost it please and we'll take a look?

Hi, couple questions if some of you Alive users, or the developers themselves can answer.

So on the admin commands there is a command to make all current, non-profiled units into profiles. I found this very good for dealing with special task groups that I create in the editor. I.E reinforcements to secure a site, a specific group met to attack a a town. This allows them to properly deal with the virtual threats that would otherwise simply bypass them unless I was near the area. Is it possible for me to activate this function via triggers rather then simply the admin command?

Also, Is their any way to disable the modules tell certain conditions our met? Example would be having Military Placement not place units tell certain trigger is achieved.

Jay - sorry, perhaps I should have been more specific - I meant your ArmA3 rpt file (not Play With Six client logs). You can find the rpt at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Arma 3 by default. A new one is created every time you start the game so make sure you grab one from when you were trying to run ALiVE.

Siltentghost - please check the wiki. Both of your questions should be answered here: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Script_Snippets

Hey guys my ALiVE menu ingame wont come up for me, i have the same version that the server is running and i have also reset the custom action button many times but nothing seems to be helping. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hey Bunny, I can concentrate now.. Do you think it's your keyboard being a different locality ??

:)

SJ

Dont worry, Willopen told me to restart my game after binding the key and that sorted it out, so it works 100% now

Jay - sorry, perhaps I should have been more specific - I meant your ArmA3 rpt file (not Play With Six client logs). You can find the rpt at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Arma 3 by default. A new one is created every time you start the game so make sure you grab one from when you were trying to run ALiVE.

Siltentghost - please check the wiki. Both of your questions should be answered here: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Script_Snippets

When friznit2 say check the rpt files, i found a lot error that involves the curator thingie. So i decided to use up my last internet qouta for the month to download the update 1.16. After that, theres no more such problems. Thx to Friznit2!

Hi, couple questions if some of you Alive users, or the developers themselves can answer.

So on the admin commands there is a command to make all current, non-profiled units into profiles. I found this very good for dealing with special task groups that I create in the editor. I.E reinforcements to secure a site, a specific group met to attack a a town. This allows them to properly deal with the virtual threats that would otherwise simply bypass them unless I was near the area. Is it possible for me to activate this function via triggers rather then simply the admin command?

Also, Is their any way to disable the modules tell certain conditions our met? Example would be having Military Placement not place units tell certain trigger is achieved.

Hi silentghoust

I have added a snippet on the wiki for the call to profile all non profiled units via a script call.

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Script_Snippets#Profiling_all_non_profiled_units_on_the_map_via_script

To disable modules until conditions are met see the pause modules functions on the script snippets also:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Script_Snippets#Pausing_Modules

---------- Post added at 12:31 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

ALiVE doesn't work anymore on maps like Hazar-Kot, Aliabad, Tora Bora, and FATA. It hangs up in the loading screen when attempting to "preview" in the editor and when loading a mission from multiplayer.

Hi Jay,

We have identified a bug in the init system for MP module on these maps, the fix will be in the next ALiVE release. Thanks for pointing this out!

Im not implying that I purposely download a pirated version. I bought the game for about 200bucks (MYR) from my local game store. Im just saying that the guy who sold me that game could have ripped me off ;). anyways will try to interpret the rpt files and get back to you..

Since the game runs through Steam and only through Steam, unless you somehow have a hacked version that doesn't use Steam, there is no way you have been ripped off. If you put the code in Steam and it works and lets you play through Steam without specifically using any Steam hacks, you're good.

Thank you for the reply! I'll admit I'm pretty new to Arma 3 map making, but I only got really interested in it when I saw the potential of Alive in providing not simply a full combat environment but a way to represent a real world amount of troops on the field.

Edited by silentghoust

Try running MCC and Zeus over the top... I spent all weekend cruising around the map as Zeus, "helping" my Syrians defend their capital city against the infidel Royal Marine invaders... Very theaputic...

Having the ALiVE framework in the background makes it so easy... just add a Tank Platoon here... A squadron of Hind Attack Gunships there.... Ahhh see the little people squirm as they burn..... Whahahha !

SJ

Not surprisingly we (VCB) now use various elements of ALiVE to form the basis of pretty much every op and have recently started experimenting with Zeus both to tweak OPFOR and on occasion provide a more reliable BLUFOR element to work alongside us. The great benefit of ALiVE is that is handles all the generic ambient stuff that otherwise requires a lot of clicking by Zeus to get set up. This allows Zeus to get up and running a lot quicker and enables him to focus on fine tuning the player experience without having to worry too much about the overall picture. I confess we have not played a lot with MCC as well, since GAIA was conflicting with ALiVE Combat Support and OPCOM but there are some very interesting stories coming out of these very powerful mods being used in conjunction!