wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Great Work on this guys. I have built a insurgency style map on Nziwasogo using the recently shared insurgency template. Working great with a combination of Masi UN, DRIrregulars and Caf Forces.

Have a few queries and wondered how to get an invite to Skype so I could ask first hand?

Thanks

Great Work on this guys. I have built a insurgency style map on Nziwasogo using the recently shared insurgency template. Working great with a combination of Masi UN, DRIrregulars and Caf Forces.

Have a few queries and wondered how to get an invite to Skype so I could ask first hand?

Thanks

Hey comrade!

send me a PM and I will add you to the skype channel!

enjoy!

I contacted massi regarding his USMC units not working properly with ALiVE (vehicles not spawning) after I was told this by one of the devs :

"The is issue is that massi's vehicle classes don't use vehicleClass property correctly. For a tank the vehicleClass should be "Armoured" for example. Massi's have a custom mas_blah_blah property in there."

To which he responded:

"Hi,

the only problem is that way the tank units will fall under vanilla armoured class in the editor instead of the USMC one.

sorry but untill there will be a better solution they'll stay that way, anyway for groups (included the armored ones) I followed the ALIVE instructions so they should be compatible."

Anything that ALiVE can do? They are one of my more favorite units.

I contacted massi regarding his USMC units not working properly with ALiVE (vehicles not spawning) after I was told this by one of the devs :

"The is issue is that massi's vehicle classes don't use vehicleClass property correctly. For a tank the vehicleClass should be "Armoured" for example. Massi's have a custom mas_blah_blah property in there."

To which he responded:

"Hi,

the only problem is that way the tank units will fall under vanilla armoured class in the editor instead of the USMC one.

sorry but untill there will be a better solution they'll stay that way, anyway for groups (included the armored ones) I followed the ALIVE instructions so they should be compatible."

Anything that ALiVE can do? They are one of my more favorite units.

Hello Acoustic!

If you only use them in editor, thats all right but from a technical POV, as soon as anyone wants to dynamically read (just as an example) armored units/groups from several addons, there need to be some common points to hook into. The example above is a good one, also group-configs is another one - So if the entries will stay like mas_armored_xxx we either would have to implement static exceptions only for massis addons or have to do STRING lookups in the config entries for %armored% and %armoured% etc. which a. can't be maintained, and b. will cause further errors and should also be avoided for performance reasons. I really agree that MAS units are a great addon and please understand that for now there will be no further actions from our side regarding compatibility for mas_addons that dont work out of the box already for the reasons above!

Thanks mate!

4/21/2014 2:24:26 AM: Starting up ALiVE Plugin

4/21/2014 2:24:26 AM: Reading config file: Username: uvonadyhymyzemyzowo9e8efigenakog, Group: d-spec_

4/21/2014 2:24:26 AM: Getting your IP: 206.217.128.2

4/21/2014 2:24:26 AM: War Room Authorisation: "false"

4/21/2014 2:24:26 AM: You are not authorised to access the ALiVE War Room with this account

4/21/2014 9:34:42 AM: Starting up ALiVE Plugin

4/21/2014 9:34:42 AM: Reading config file: Username: uvonadyhymyzemyzowo9e8efigenakog, Group: d-spec_

4/21/2014 9:34:42 AM: Getting your IP: 206.217.128.2

4/21/2014 9:34:42 AM: War Room Authorisation: "false"

The ip set for the server you registered on war room does not match the IP in the log.

They appear to match to me. Unless I'm having a total brain fart. :P (No port# as instructed)

From WarRoom

b5kxhj.jpg

From my hosts web interface.

35kr7rd.jpg

20jpkia.jpg

Any other ideas on this front?

The instructions to my knowledge have been completed properly, there is indeed a handshake as per what the logs show, but I'm simply being told I don't belong according to the log file.

It was suggested that the IP supplied by myself to the alive warroom doesn't match my servers ip, but I've shown that not to be the case either.

I'd very much like to be able to track stats as well.

Help!

Should my username look like gibberish?

Its how its auto-configured when downloaded from the AlivE websites instructions page for warroom setup.

I have a third party server host, so I need a proxy to work on things beyond the purview of my FTP access.

What should a proper alive.cfg look like? I've watched the tutorial video but none of that is covered.

Edited by Dark_Spectre

They appear to match to me. Unless I'm having a total brain fart. :P (No port# as instructed)

From WarRoom

http://i59.tinypic.com/b5kxhj.jpg

From my hosts web interface.

http://i61.tinypic.com/35kr7rd.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/20jpkia.jpg

Any other ideas on this front?

The instructions to my knowledge have been completed properly, there is indeed a handshake as per what the logs show, but I'm simply being told I don't belong according to the log file.

It was suggested that the IP supplied by myself to the alive warroom doesn't match my servers ip, but I've shown that not to be the case either.

I'd very much like to be able to track stats as well.

Help!

Should my username look like gibberish?

Its how its auto-configured when downloaded from the AlivE websites instructions page for warroom setup.

I have a third party server host, so I need a proxy to work on things beyond the purview of my FTP access.

What should a proper alive.cfg look like? I've watched the tutorial video but none of that is covered.

A server can only be registered to one group. This IP has been registered to 5 servers. Please delete these groups/servers.

A server can only be registered to one group. This IP has been registered to 5 servers. Please delete these groups/servers.

Well, that would be an impossibility on my end.

However now we know that I'm either being screwed with, or my dedicated server isn't quite so dedicated (certainly no dedicated ip) is all I can gather.

So what your definitively saying is that 5 other units are also utilizing this same IP address as my own?

Edited by Dark_Spectre

Well, that would be an impossibility on my end.

However now we know that I'm either being screwed with, or my dedicated server that I pay quite a princely sum for isn't quite so dedicated is all I can gather.

So what your definitively saying is that 5 other units are also utilizing this same IP address as my own?

He's saying that there are 5 groups registered under the server, and that they may or may not all be your own. Who is your current host?

And it may still be a dedicated server, but operating under NAT multiple dedicated server may have the same external IP address. Since I saw that your original IP address was 192.168.1.5 from a previous post, and assuming that's from your dedicated server, it is operating under a router with NAT enabled. I'd recommend finding a better host then, but only if that's the case.

OVH dedicated servers are dirt-cheap and freaking amazing BTW, if you're paying too much.

He's saying that there are 5 groups registered under the server, and that they may or may not all be your own. Who is your current host?

And it may still be a dedicated server, but operating under NAT multiple dedicated server may have the same external IP address. Since I saw that your original IP address was 192.168.1.5 from a previous post, and assuming that's from your dedicated server, it is operating under a router with NAT enabled. I'd recommend finding a better host then, but only if that's the case.

OVH dedicated servers are dirt-cheap and freaking amazing BTW, if you're paying too much.

It's through jestservers.com

So without a server host that's going to provide a dedicated IP, there is no way to use the warroom feature. Its just going to be squad upon squad killing each others feeds because they all emanate from the same IP on lower tier webhosts.

I thought getting a dedicated was going to help me avoid this sort of potential predicament.

Lovely.

Edited by Dark_Spectre

What happens if an OPCOM HQ is overrun? Like right now my player side (AAF) OPCOM HQ marker is at the big base in Telos..............and CSAT have more or less broken then line and are running over the are.

Any effect on the AAF? Is the HQ dead?

Spectre

Have you registered multiple groups?

I see 4th CAG using a server called d-spec with same IP. Are you a member?

USSOCOM also are using same server IP along US Special Operations team.

Either someone is hosting multiple groups on one server or your guys are registering groups with the same server.

Tupolov, I just checked his host, and all servers are VPS. They also say that they support ALiVE on their web page, but obviously they do not. This seems like a small-scale business, so you might want to talk to them about not tricking their customers.

Spectre, you currently are not operating on a dedicated server, meaning that you are sharing a server with other users. They give you dedicated hardware resources, meaning that you are guaranteed those resources at any time, but you are still sharing them.

The service is a complete rip-off, since you can get cheaper and much more powerful dedicated servers at sites like OVH or similar. You can get twice the power somewhere else for the same price or cheaper, but that also means you need to manually configure them, which will take quite a bit of networking/Windows/computer knowledge.

Also, Arma runs like crap on VPS (like half of the performance to a comparable dedicated solution, same specs and all), so I'd highly recommend you go the dedicated server route if you want.

So without a server host that's going to provide a dedicated IP

You'll find pretty much all game / voip hosts do the same thing. Public IP addresses cost money, so they give your server a unique port number and route it that way. You'd still have your own dedicated machine (otherwise performance would be terrible).

The only ways around it are for alive to identify servers by both IP and port, or to go with a hosting company that will give you a unique IP. Most "game server" hosts won't do this, but renting a generic server and setting up Arma on it yourself might. Though it may cost more money than its worth.

Edited by bhaz

can i ask a qeustion? somehow I couldnt get empty units to despawn even if it is way off the spawn range that I have set.. also I have tried downloading the tutorial mission files from ALIVEmod website and the AI symbols show up in the map, but doesnt spawn in the game.

im using alivemod 0.6.2.1.xxx

Edited by adlfurball

Dark Spectre - we are having the same exact issue as you are, we realized the duplicate IP was going when you posted your first screens. We are using Jestservers for the USSOCOM group and are getting the same error as you. I updated our long running ALiVE ticket to point them to this page in the thread, hopefully they can rectify the situation as they said they had already.

Tupolov nailed it :P

Dark Spectre - we are having the same exact issue as you are, we realized the duplicate IP was going when you posted your first screens. We are using Jestservers for the USSOCOM group and are getting the same error as you. I updated our long running ALiVE ticket to point them to this page in the thread, hopefully they can rectify the situation as they said they had already.

Tupolov nailed it :P

Guys,

ok, this looks like its going to be a problem for people. Can some one post a ticket on our tracker for it and we will follow up. Please include as much information as possible, i.e. host company, port numbers used for servers etc etc.

Thanks

Looks like Support Ticket #74416 has the issue within it, although doesn't name any server companies or other information, I will add an update to that ticket. Thank you Tupolov!

can i ask a qeustion? somehow I couldnt get empty units to despawn even if it is way off the spawn range that I have set.. also I have tried downloading the tutorial mission files from ALIVEmod website and the AI symbols show up in the map, but doesnt spawn in the game.

im using alivemod 0.6.2.1.xxx

What do you mean by empty units? Empty vehicles won't despawn (they're not units).

Profiled units show up as symbols on the map if you have debug enabled, and will spawn when a player comes into 'visual' range (1000m or whatever setting you put in the module). If it's not working as expected, try with no other mods running first to check nothing is conflicting with ALiVE.

What do you mean by empty units? Empty vehicles won't despawn (they're not units).

Profiled units show up as symbols on the map if you have debug enabled, and will spawn when a player comes into 'visual' range (1000m or whatever setting you put in the module). If it's not working as expected, try with no other mods running first to check nothing is conflicting with ALiVE.

tried with debug enabled. and it was a fresh arma3 just installed last week with in CBA mod and Alivemod installed.. even the military placement only show units in map but not in game..

Yep, seems to be an issue with the provider. We're talking to them at the moment.

In the meantime, be aware that there might be a problem with Sys_Data spamming the server rpt about a JSON error if it can't find the website and worst case your mission won't load. If this is the case please delete Stats and Data modules from the mission until we resolve the issue. We've added a failover to the next release candidate to prevent this behaviour in the event ALiVEmod.com falls over again in future. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Edited by friznit2

Can we just disable @ArmA2NET until it is back up, and would that prevent the spam/mission issues?

Edit: Nevermind - mission still won't load even with it ArmA2net disabled.

Edit: Removing the Database module (I didn't have a Statistics module down) and the dependencies for it in the mission.sqm allowed the mission to load.

Edited by Rath

You must be running logs or script errors or something ?

Our missions were working fine, I just couldn't see anything on the ALiVE website.

SJ

Database Module includes the stats part (you can enable/disable it from there).

We have a fix coming that ensures data gracefully closes if the website is not available. Our hosts seem to be having problems atm, so hopefully service will be resumed shortly!

Thanks for your patience chaps!

Hi all,

I've got a little problem : I open a alive mission on takistan to change the faction ennnemy but after the change all house,building, ... etc are 100% full but I changed nothing except the faction. Can some one explain why ? :)

I change the faction in OPCOM, military civilians Placement, CQB, ambiant civilian placement.