wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

No, that wasn't it.

Damn lol Im having trouble tracking it down, do you remember what it was called generally?

While basically still true, this is a bit out of date (on a long to do list to get it updated). Some elements ALiVE that are not part of the Profiles system support Headless Client, such as the CQB module. You can set the locality in the drop down for these modules.

So can anyone help me try to figure out why the military sector display

module isnt working properly? they keep resetting no matter the interval set.:/

Is it possible to have two separate support modules. One synced to Opcom so the AI will use CAS support and transport when needed? I feel that would make a world of difference in the immersion of the war setting. Seems to me logistics is already reinforcing units via ground.. If at some point them all just being one system would be even better, that way if CAS is needed else where you would have to wait and an ETA would be given, same with transport.

I am still trying to make this work. Where does the included alive.cfg file go? Is this what I am missing? does that @arma2 file go somewhere?

Also: When I try to load one of the sample missions I choose a slot and continue, then it appears to load then at the end just hang there forever. It eventualy just crashes after hanging for a long time.

Edited by Rex_Ursus

Is it planned for the placement module (particularly military placement) to put down static weapons in certain locations, such as around larger military compounds?

I have a third party server host and this is their report to me about the logs regarding Warroom integration

--------------------------------

Here is the error it's printing, may need to contact them about this:

4/14/2014 4:09:57 PM: Starting up ALiVE Plugin

4/14/2014 4:09:57 PM: Reading config file: Username: (redacted), Group: (redacted)

4/14/2014 4:09:57 PM: Getting your IP: 192.168.1.1 (redacted)

4/14/2014 4:09:57 PM: War Room Authorisation: "false"

4/14/2014 4:09:57 PM: You are not authorised to access the ALiVE War Room with this account

"4/14/2014 4:09:57 PM: War Room Authorisation: "false""

Is the main thing, something on their side is saying no, but cant connect.

---------------------------------------

What would cause this error?

Is it possible to have two separate support modules. One synced to Opcom so the AI will use CAS support and transport when needed? I feel that would make a world of difference in the immersion of the war setting. Seems to me logistics is already reinforcing units via ground.. If at some point them all just being one system would be even better, that way if CAS is needed else where you would have to wait and an ETA would be given, same with transport.

Oh I forgot, also it would be really cool to see if you link transport to convoy module, that a convoy of little birds fly in and drop off and pick up troops. Just an Idea. Once again the immersion is just as important with these modules.

The refresh time is set to 6 minutes, yet this happens

Hey guys, I've asked this a few times and never received a reply. Sorry if it's been answered already.

I was wondering if there's a way to fix the long loading time for ALiVE missions on a dedicated server. It doesn't load like that in mission preview in single player, but in my dedicated server it takes up to 5 minutes to load a simple mission with ALiVE. It's a very long wait when other missions are nearly instant.

If there are any ideas or maybe there's word of this being remedied in the next version, that would be great.

Hey guys, I've asked this a few times and never received a reply. Sorry if it's been answered already.

I was wondering if there's a way to fix the long loading time for ALiVE missions on a dedicated server. It doesn't load like that in mission preview in single player, but in my dedicated server it takes up to 5 minutes to load a simple mission with ALiVE. It's a very long wait when other missions are nearly instant.

If there are any ideas or maybe there's word of this being remedied in the next version, that would be great.

Hi comrade!

Sorry if i missed your post!

As ALiVE is dynamic, loading times depend on the map and several other factors!

Keep in mind, ALiVE is highly complex so it may vary from mission to mission! There are a few tipps on how to optimize your mission:

- Try to optimize usage of MIL / CIV placement instances. F.e. Its better to use one MIL MP module instance with 3 TAOR markers instead of 3 MIL MP module instances with 1 TAOR marker each.

- Especially ALTIS is huge, so try to set filters on your CIV MP instances (ignore small + medium objectives) if you have a mish on ALTIS.

- 3rd party mods and scripts will add up to the loading times of course, so maybe use less or check if there is one in the set, that is very intense.

- RV Engine has performance issues with AI (has always been like that in the ArmA series)! Tweak your settings to an amount that fits your player count. I suggest to test out the unit count in a dense area (by teleporting there and using count allunits in debug console), try to keep AI count of spawned units below 150 - and if you run an operation with 30+ people you may want to tune it down even more.

- Start with a simple set of modules and increase them until you find the perfect balance for your mission!

Overall, as an indicator, take a look at the Demo missions. F.e. The Foursome fills up all ALTIS, uses several OPCOMs, and MIL/CIV Placement modules, Ambient Civs, CQB etc. Combat Support etc. and initial loading time is about 120-140 seconds. I think this is a pretty good example!

If you still have issues with it, i can still help you, by taking a look at the mission. In this case please remove all 3rd party mods and scripts (= vanilla) and upload it to our feedback tracker!

Always at your service

Highhead

The refresh time is set to 6 minutes, yet this happens

Have you logged a ticket with a repro mission, only using CBA and ALiVE?

I have a third party server host and this is their report to me about the logs regarding Warroom integration

--------------------------------

Here is the error it's printing, may need to contact them about this:

4/14/2014 4:09:57 PM: Starting up ALiVE Plugin

4/14/2014 4:09:57 PM: Reading config file: Username: (redacted), Group: (redacted)

4/14/2014 4:09:57 PM: Getting your IP: 192.168.1.1 (redacted)

4/14/2014 4:09:57 PM: War Room Authorisation: "false"

4/14/2014 4:09:57 PM: You are not authorised to access the ALiVE War Room with this account

"4/14/2014 4:09:57 PM: War Room Authorisation: "false""

Is the main thing, something on their side is saying no, but cant connect.

---------------------------------------

What would cause this error?

The ip set for the server you registered on war room does not match the IP in the log.

Hi guys I have an issue which only seems to happen with Alive,

I can join servers and play fine, then when I die and respawn I suddenly can't get in vehicles (does the animation but I end up stood outside the vehicle), Other players can't see me and if i drop back to the role selection screen I cant change slot. I have only ever experienced this twice once on my own server when we had alive active, and again on the Official alive server (hosted by TIB), I am using the latest CBA's. I am just wondring if you have come across this before and if anyone knows of a fix.

It may not be Alive, but its the only common factor when these problems have arisen.

Can anyone confirm that the only Arty Support is the Scorcher (BLUFOR) - I cannot get the Sandstorm (I think that's what its called), to select a fire mission in when using the Combat Support Module etc. Thanx.

The ip set for the server you registered on war room does not match the IP in the log.

They appear to match to me. Unless I'm having a total brain fart. :P No port#.

From WarRoom

b5kxhj.jpg

From my hosts web interface.

35kr7rd.jpg

20jpkia.jpg

Edited by Dark_Spectre

Hi comrade!

Sorry if i missed your post!

As ALiVE is dynamic, loading times depend on the map and several other factors!

Keep in mind, ALiVE is highly complex so it may vary from mission to mission! There are a few tipps on how to optimize your mission:

- Try to optimize usage of MIL / CIV placement instances. F.e. Its better to use one MIL MP module instance with 3 TAOR markers instead of 3 MIL MP module instances with 1 TAOR marker each.

- Especially ALTIS is huge, so try to set filters on your CIV MP instances (ignore small + medium objectives) if you have a mish on ALTIS.

- 3rd party mods and scripts will add up to the loading times of course, so maybe use less or check if there is one in the set, that is very intense.

- RV Engine has performance issues with AI (has always been like that in the ArmA series)! Tweak your settings to an amount that fits your player count. I suggest to test out the unit count in a dense area (by teleporting there and using count allunits in debug console), try to keep AI count of spawned units below 150 - and if you run an operation with 30+ people you may want to tune it down even more.

- Start with a simple set of modules and increase them until you find the perfect balance for your mission!

Overall, as an indicator, take a look at the Demo missions. F.e. The Foursome fills up all ALTIS, uses several OPCOMs, and MIL/CIV Placement modules, Ambient Civs, CQB etc. Combat Support etc. and initial loading time is about 120-140 seconds. I think this is a pretty good example!

If you still have issues with it, i can still help you, by taking a look at the mission. In this case please remove all 3rd party mods and scripts (= vanilla) and upload it to our feedback tracker!

Always at your service

Highhead

I'll try all these things, thank you. However I did ask this because it seems to take much less time to load the same mission in the editor preview than it does on the server, but I'm sure this will help a lot.

About the video i posted before about the mil. display constantly refreshing, im using zeus as well,

is there any way we could get an update to help out with the compatability of zeus?

lots of things are conflicting with zeis

About the video i posted before about the mil. display constantly refreshing, im using zeus as well,

is there any way we could get an update to help out with the compatability of zeus?

lots of things are conflicting with zeis

Allen, i just had some fun with ZEUS yesterday, i got no conflicts whatsoever, what do mean exactly?

about sector display, we will look into that, prolly something simple!

happy easter comrades

Hi guys,

one of the script snippets,the one that detects if profiles are present via the condition field of a trigger is "half working" for me. In the wiki it says the trigger will fire even if profiles are spawned in.But it isnt working that way for me,only when they are in virtual envoirment does the condition of the trigger detect the situation.

Did i read the wiki wrong or is something not rite here?

Hi guys,

one of the script snippets,the one that detects if profiles are present via the condition field of a trigger is "half working" for me. In the wiki it says the trigger will fire even if profiles are spawned in.But it isnt working that way for me,only when they are in virtual envoirment does the condition of the trigger detect the situation.

Did i read the wiki wrong or is something not rite here?

check the scavengers demo, you will see it fires either if virtualized OR spawned, doesnt matter as it just checks for "profiles" be it virtual or not!