wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Okay. I deleted the server while it was linked to the War Room and registering activity, then I linked the server again like 30 seconds later.

Did I break something?:butbut:

Feel free to delete all previous history of Operation Helen if it needs to do a reset.

It seems ok still getting data [L.F] eviljezza just got out of a Mowhawk

Caching may need tweaking to make it show quicker on the map

Cool. Really love the feature, that's why I was so adamant about getting it fixed for my group.

Is there any way we can get some more clarification or research in getting Zeus to work with say a simple insurgency mission?

Im jsut kind of brain storming and was wodnering if anyones every done a HVT mission with ALIVE? I saw theres a new HVT itneraction script and was wondering if theres some way to use it with ALIVE

so whenever i place a military display all of the areas display on the map then keep resetting? any idea why that it?

so whenever i place a military display all of the areas display on the map then keep resetting? any idea why that it?

is it every few minutes? youll notice that theres a refresh rate option within military display which tells it how often to reasses the areas

no its a lot faster, i have the refresh time set to 5 minutes, it does it immediately upon loading all squares, it like "okay, done, now redo it"

no its a lot faster, i have the refresh time set to 5 minutes, it does it immediately upon loading all squares, it like "okay, done, now redo it"

I can confirm this. The setting 5 reloads all the squares like every minute or faster. I tried on 120 and never seen it load but I was only in game for 10 minutes. I set it on 10 and now its like every couple minutes.

On a totally unrelated note, I tried the g_groups mod that just came out which adds groups in the config for IND_G_F which we all know is currently blank in the config. So I added this mod and now I do have groups in the config for IND_G_F, but ALIVE still does not recognize them. Is there some way we could get IND_G_F to work with ALIVE cause I'd really be happy to have FIA as independents running around the map. They are the best looking standard game units after all. Just can't use them as anything other then opfor currently(OPF_G_F).

Might want to update the ALIVE wiki too, to show that while the mod may work with all default factions some of those factions are currently not implemented.

I can confirm this. The setting 5 reloads all the squares like every minute or faster. I tried on 120 and never seen it load but I was only in game for 10 minutes. I set it on 10 and now its like every couple minutes.

On a totally unrelated note, I tried the g_groups mod that just came out which adds groups in the config for IND_G_F which we all know is currently blank in the config. So I added this mod and now I do have groups in the config for IND_G_F, but ALIVE still does not recognize them. Is there some way we could get IND_G_F to work with ALIVE cause I'd really be happy to have FIA as independents running around the map. They are the best looking standard game units after all. Just can't use them as anything other then opfor currently(OPF_G_F).

Might want to update the ALIVE wiki too, to show that while the mod may work with all default factions some of those factions are currently not implemented.

hey mate!

Could be that we need to define some default guards for ind_g_f!

have you tried to use the faction override field on mil mp and mil_opcom? please feedback, if you dont care, mate!

thanks!

Yes I've tried the override option for all of them, it places the objectives and everything else but throws and error saying something like "this opcom has no forces defined add troops to this opcom" or something like that. If you look in the config browser under cfggroups>IND you'll see only IND_F is defined and that is FAA forces. There is no definitions for FIA groups. I know alive works on only group so I can imagine this is the problem. I was hoping the g_groups mod would fix this as it adds the necessary groups for FIA under cfggroups>IND>guerrillas but ALIVE still does not use them.

To test, place taor, and MP module, fill in OPF_G_F and sync opcom override option OPF_G_F. Start game and switch on profile debug and you'll see that no AI have spawned(profiled or otherwise).

FIA can be used as OPF_G_F as in the config browser the OPF_G_F groups are defined in the vanilla game. But for now that is the only way to access FIA.

Yes I've tried the override option for all of them, it places the objectives and everything else but throws and error saying something like "this opcom has no forces defined add troops to this opcom" or something like that. If you look in the config browser under cfggroups>IND you'll see only IND_F is defined and that is FAA forces. There is no definitions for FIA groups. I know alive works on only group so I can imagine this is the problem. I was hoping the g_groups mod would fix this as it adds the necessary groups for FIA under cfggroups>IND>guerrillas but ALIVE still does not use them.

To test, place taor, and MP module, fill in OPF_G_F and sync opcom override option OPF_G_F. Start game and switch on profile debug and you'll see that no AI have spawned(profiled or otherwise).

FIA can be used as OPF_G_F as in the config browser the OPF_G_F groups are defined in the vanilla game. But for now that is the only way to access FIA.

Thanks, mate!

I cant promise an adaption, as i want to avoid adding non-generic and static workarounds (hard to maintain), but i can still take a look!

I agree and understand what your saying. However I think as far as I've been using the editor(alpha) its been like this, and who knows when BI will get around to fixing it. In the meantime I think we are on our own. If you can figure out a workaround I'd ask for it, although I doubt it would be needed to maintain. Hopefully someone will just build an independent mod that will modify them correctly and has the proper configs to work with alive like caf. I'm using caf in this mission already. Thanks for looking at it anyhow.

Im jsut kind of brain storming and was wodnering if anyones every done a HVT mission with ALIVE? I saw theres a new HVT itneraction script and was wondering if theres some way to use it with ALIVE

Yup, all the time. You can create any sort of mission yourself around Alive easily enough in the editor etc.

Yup, all the time. You can create any sort of mission yourself around Alive easily enough in the editor etc.

Hey bud thanks for the reply! That's kind of the problem lol, limited only by the imaginiation. How have you setup your HVT missions with ALIVE? Do you create it as a task or create a marker and place an unarmed unit there?

Thanks for your help!

Hey bud thanks for the reply! That's kind of the problem lol, limited only by the imaginiation. How have you setup your HVT missions with ALIVE? Do you create it as a task or create a marker and place an unarmed unit there?

Thanks for your help!

I have placed an unarmed unit somewhere with a script that I found (forget where). I also just recently saw a HVT script posted on Armaholic or you can probably find it here wight he right search. Alternatively I've also used MCC Sandbox and created missions on the fly with HVT and such.

I have placed an unarmed unit somewhere with a script that I found (forget where). I also just recently saw a HVT script posted on Armaholic or you can probably find it here wight he right search. Alternatively I've also used MCC Sandbox and created missions on the fly with HVT and such.

Nice! Thanks for the help bud! Is this the script your using? http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19832

Guys is there a way to get the player persistence module working? Noticed that clicking on player exit or manual saving doesn't work. I had everything on the module enabled except save to database since its currently not functional.

It works between disconnect and reconnect, just not between mission restarts.

We wil introduce player persistence between mission restarts in the next release.

Still having the military sector display bug, every 20 seconds the squares reset no matter what i have the timer set to, 2, 200, 2000.

Hi, i suppose when i restart mission with "server exit"(admin only), and i wake up again it keed completed tasks, unit postion...?? because im doing this and server dont keep nothing.

Thanks

It works between disconnect and reconnect, just not between mission restarts.

We wil introduce player persistence between mission restarts in the next release.

This^

This does nothing for me :/

Tried the windows key. Nothing. I tried binding left ctrl + enter key to custom control number 20. Nothing. I am following the first tutorial exactly, and cannot find the key that brings up the menu that allows me to teleport etc. I, and others I assume, need help with this simple matter. How do you open up the menu?

Right Windows key is the default. If you don't have one, you can bind any key to Custom Key 20. For some reason BIS Custom Keys don't like modifiers, so do not use CTRL, SHIFT or ALT+, just a single key. You need to restart your game for it to take effect.

You will only see Admin Actions if the relevant module is placed in the editor. Same detail for Combat Support, View Distance etc.