wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Two Dogs: Annoying wiki formatting on scripts is annoying. I'll fix that later unless someone else gets there first!

Been busy too. Taking out quotes got rid of the ctd error, but I can't get anything to work. Nor do I know how to even test. If you get some time to put up an example, it would be appreciated.

I love this mod. I made an SF style sabotage mission that had the possibility of AI around every corner.

Thanks Alive Team.

What's the best way to help you guys out with development at the moment?

I am a great fan of the ALIVE project and would love to help out with some of the bugs.

Let me know if there's anyway I could get involved.

Guys, am I right in thinking you've made some changes or progress on the weather front ?

I'm getting some odd (bad weather all the time!) effects on our public missions and I was curious if it's something that I need to re-configure in the editor.

Normally we get the random weather effect - 1 in 5 or so it's bad weather.. Seems to be - Bad weather each restart now... ?

SJ

Hey mate, yeah weather module got some loving. Try replacing the module and reset the weather please. Actually it could "just" be that the weather is now actually synced (more or less) correctly upon missionstart (since the new forceWeatherChange command its working better, but still not perfect).

More than happy for people to help with the wiki - it needs error checking/updating and a whole lot of tarting up. Just let me know if you're interested (PM here or on Skype) and I'll give you editor rights. Be aware though that you will need to know your way around ALiVE - there's no point volunteering if you're just going to ask me what to put in it all the time!

Hi,

Im having issue, sometimes when i join our dedicated server. I press alive button and options duplicate. Look at minute 25 of this video.

I dont know whats happening, but i i exit server and join again it dissapear and only have one button by option.

nice Job!!!

This is a known defect that is outside of our control to fix at the moment (it's either BIS related or a third party script we rely on, not 100% sure which). It doesn't have any effect other than visual and your work around is the only way we know how to get rid of it.

Hi,

I've added in the alive system database module to our patrol ops mission, and now the log file is filling up with this...

2014/04/15, 10:10:46 Error Zero divisor

2014/04/15, 10:10:46 File x\alive\addons\sys_data\fnc_parseJSON.sqf, line 90

2014/04/15, 10:10:46 Error in expression <"_char"];

_char = 0;

_char = _charArray select _pos;

if (_char == 58) then {

Can anyone shed some light on it?

Also, no matter what i try, i cannot get the war room connection to work. I've placed the alive.cfg in the right folder (and in the root folder just in case), i've the hostname correct (the name of the machine right?) but i cannot figure out what is going on.

Is there a known-good mission that i could use to test this, and how long should i have to wait before i see stuff appear at the war room? Due to the way the hosts have set up the server, i've no access to the log files. (not that they have been created yet)

Any help would be appreciated, i've been at this for a week or so now. Still nothing

Gav

Setting up the war room is not mission related - you just have to follow the instructions on the server set up page carefully, including the instructions how to test it's working. The database rpt error is very likely caused by the same issue - it can't find the database.

Missions will not register on the database for the first 5 mins or so. This is to prevent endless spam in the war room from people testing in the editor!

Hi,

I've added in the alive system database module to our patrol ops mission, and now the log file is filling up with this...

Can anyone shed some light on it?

Also, no matter what i try, i cannot get the war room connection to work. I've placed the alive.cfg in the right folder (and in the root folder just in case), i've the hostname correct (the name of the machine right?) but i cannot figure out what is going on.

Is there a known-good mission that i could use to test this, and how long should i have to wait before i see stuff appear at the war room? Due to the way the hosts have set up the server, i've no access to the log files. (not that they have been created yet)

Any help would be appreciated, i've been at this for a week or so now. Still nothing

Gav

What does alive.log and arma2net.log say?

@Tupolov say, no access to the files. I'm going to ask the host to take a look at it, or symlink the locations so I can.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Can you pastebin the rpt for me? ALiVE Public Skype Channel if you want

They should be the same, but use the one in the download folder to be sure.

Guys, am I right in thinking you've made some changes or progress on the weather front ?

I'm getting some odd (bad weather all the time!) effects on our public missions and I was curious if it's something that I need to re-configure in the editor.

Normally we get the random weather effect - 1 in 5 or so it's bad weather.. Seems to be - Bad weather each restart now... ?

SJ

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Weather

hi, im having trouble integrating alive into my zeus mission, i place all the modules needed, all the placement modules, but i get an endless loading screen, it freezes at the end of the bar instead of continuing in game, waited 5-10 minutes

Also, ive used the zeus mission many times so im sure im doing something wrong with integrating alive i followed step-by-step of the quick and dirty insurgency mission video

Anyone know if you use random Markers for ALiVE? I would like to have a system that puts Markers

at random locations every Mission start. Is ALiVE going to start before the Markers have a chance

to Move to their new/random locations when a script runs at Mission start?

All3n - not sure I can help, we're only learning our way around Zeus as well at the moment. I think Highhead has had some success so he may be able to give you some pointers.

Goblin - map locations (and the associate whitelist/blackist constraint markers aka TAORs) are read during pre-init, so moving markers by init or post-init script won't have any effect. You'd need to understand the load order for ALiVE to be able to autoplace TAOR markers at random locations. It's too complicated to describe here and indeed may not be possible (init orders and load orders is something the team has struggled with massively as seems to change in every patch). Join the ALiVE skype channel if you want to find out more.

Is show operations still a WIP?

We've ran the OP twice since you guys announced it in the last patch and its still only showing a couple events.

http://alivemod.com/war-room/showoperation?name=ALiVE%20%7C%20Operation%20Helen&map=Altis&clan=HFTP

In the video you guys had different events at the top that you could click on and go to on the map. My groups kills and deaths are loading in the ALiVE live feed but not in this.

Something's not happy with your DB link. It's working fine for others.

Very strange, I'm seeing the events in the live stream and the operation is listed in the recent operations. Obviously followed the directions fine since it worked for a bit.

Anyway to purge it and have the map link start over?

Edit: I just deleted and redid the server on the WarRoom. Maybe that will fix it.

Edited by I WUB PUGS

Is show operations still a WIP?

We've ran the OP twice since you guys announced it in the last patch and its still only showing a couple events.

http://alivemod.com/war-room/showoperation?name=ALiVE%20%7C%20Operation%20Helen&map=Altis&clan=HFTP

In the video you guys had different events at the top that you could click on and go to on the map. My groups kills and deaths are loading in the ALiVE live feed but not in this.

Hi Pugs,

Please be advised that the War Room is in constant development at the moment, I have made it for now that your mission is showing the events.

Cheers

Gunny

Oh. I just deleted the server and redid it like 5 minutes ago. The events from 2 days ago are all showing up now.

Guess I gotta wait on the latest info from the guys that are playing right now.

Thanks.

Oh. I just deleted the server and redid it like 5 minutes ago. The events from 2 days ago are all showing up now.

Guess I gotta wait on the latest info from the guys that are playing right now.

Thanks.

It was actually to do with the code on the map, of which is in constant development.

Okay. I deleted the server while it was linked to the War Room and registering activity, then I linked the server again like 30 seconds later.

Did I break something?:butbut:

Feel free to delete all previous history of Operation Helen if it needs to do a reset.