wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

I know, I've upvoted it already. I just wanted to share my personal opinion on this matter - and to rub it in a little bit so it won't be forgotten. ;) Still great update though. :)

Pergor, this issue has been fixed on dev and tested by HH and myself. Fix will be in the next ALiVE release, thanks to all who spotted it!

Lads,

does anyone know why sometimes the arty support has options to fire certain rounds in support screen,and other times has none?

I can seem to get it working with blufor arty mbt,but not with any independent arty(sud russians mbt arty,and AAF mk6 arty) they dont work when i set it up,like the blufor mbt arty.

Sorry if its been covered,just started to use the support module now though and did scoure the forums for awnsers.

I made a mission ZLIVE (literally) using Zeus + ALIVE

and i restricted the Zeus user to use only "blufor unit" in Create Area (right side)

but when i previewed the mission i see opfor unit , opfor markers in Edit area (left side & 3d map too)

it wasn't there when i placed the unit in editor but when i used Alive mil-civ-placement module there were the things

i want to remove those markers in edit area and 3d map

i've tested in many ways in conclusion

i think newly created units are problem

Edited by ANSWER

Lads,

does anyone know why sometimes the arty support has options to fire certain rounds in support screen,and other times has none?

I can seem to get it working with blufor arty mbt,but not with any independent arty(sud russians mbt arty,and AAF mk6 arty) they dont work when i set it up,like the blufor mbt arty.

Sorry if its been covered,just started to use the support module now though and did scoure the forums for awnsers.

hey red! do regular indi supports work, just for a check?

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 21:47 ----------

I made a mission ZLIVE (literally) using Zeus + ALIVE

and i restricted the Zeus user to use only "blufor unit" in Create Area (right side)

but when i previewed the mission i see opfor unit , opfor markers in Edit area (left side & 3d map too)

it wasn't there when i placed the unit in editor but when i used Alive mil-civ-placement module there were the things

i want to remove those markers in edit area and 3d map

i've tested in many ways in conclusion

i think newly created units are problem

atm one central gamemaster is supported! more to come, we need to investigate ZEUSsss indepth scripting controls some more, as there is only little documentation

I believe the suicide bombers start out as normal civilians in the mix with other civilians, spawned by the Ambient Civilians Placement module. If their hostility towards BLUFOR (for example) is set to "Extreme" then it is likely for a civilian to become agitated with BLUFOR's presence in their town/village. The agitation eventually evolves into a hatred, which can potentially lead to them going home to get a gun or strap on a suicide vest to harass BLUFOR. This takes a while though.

15 minutes killing civilians with the extreme setting, no suicide bombers. :/

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

Suicide bombers are like toasters. They never pop while you're watching them.

Hi highhead,

Yes,regular Independent supports such as CAS are working,helos and jets no problem.Because AAF have no MBT arty i tried adding the class name for sud russians sochor MBT arty vehicle and it spawns ok,and appears as a support in the support window but minus the rounds type to choose from such as HE etc.

Also the regular MK6 mortars spawn,but also without the options to fire.Im not sure if its even INDEPENDANT faction related as sometimes the blufor MBT arty didnt show fire options either,but that was the first time i tried it and not sure i didnt set it up rite,blufor arty seems to work ok now,but not independant (AAF) or other ind types.

First off, the ALiVE mod is incredible, really good job, it's made missions 10x more dynamic and the virtualisation system of profiles is genius!

I've been using it for about 3 weeks now and already have a full scale 4000 AI warzone going on on our public server which is very popular.

I just had a couple of questions:

Military Logistic Module - I don't know if I'm using it incorrectly or not understanding how it works fully, but it never works for me,

AFAIK it's meant to reinforce the OPCOM you sync it to by replacing lost units therefore giving a never ending battle? Not for me, one side always ends up running out of troops.

I read in the wiki that you can sync triggers to OPCOM units to effectively pause the battle when no human players are present, I know it's nothing to do with the ALiVE mod in particular and just trigger scripting but I was hoping someone wouldn't mind giving me a brief setup on how to achieve this in the editor so that our public server doesn't just continue to battle on with no players present?

Other than that, once again thank you guys for making such an awesome mod!

First off, the ALiVE mod is incredible, really good job, it's made missions 10x more dynamic and the virtualisation system of profiles is genius!

I've been using it for about 3 weeks now and already have a full scale 4000 AI warzone going on on our public server which is very popular.

I just had a couple of questions:

Military Logistic Module - I don't know if I'm using it incorrectly or not understanding how it works fully, but it never works for me,

AFAIK it's meant to reinforce the OPCOM you sync it to by replacing lost units therefore giving a never ending battle? Not for me, one side always ends up running out of troops.

I read in the wiki that you can sync triggers to OPCOM units to effectively pause the battle when no human players are present, I know it's nothing to do with the ALiVE mod in particular and just trigger scripting but I was hoping someone wouldn't mind giving me a brief setup on how to achieve this in the editor so that our public server doesn't just continue to battle on with no players present?

Other than that, once again thank you guys for making such an awesome mod!

Hi Sigsy, glad you are making good use of ALiVE on your server!

Military logistics should keep re-inforcing, as long as the faction has objectives to re-inforce at. Sometimes if the sides are uneven one faction will beat another back even with logistics running. Logistics will be improved once persistence functionality has been implemented.

As for pausing and un pausing ALiVE modules in the last update we included a nifty pausing system for all the modules that do heavy lifting. I have just added a snippet to the scripting page on the wiki:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Script_Snippets#Pausing_Modules

Thanks guys, the custom init for spawned units is a great feature. Now to get some snow-cam russians on Namalsk and i'll be happy.

Gav

Hi Sigsy, glad you are making good use of ALiVE on your server!

Military logistics should keep re-inforcing, as long as the faction has objectives to re-inforce at. Sometimes if the sides are uneven one faction will beat another back even with logistics running. Logistics will be improved once persistence functionality has been implemented.

As for pausing and un pausing ALiVE modules in the last update we included a nifty pausing system for all the modules that do heavy lifting. I have just added a snippet to the scripting page on the wiki:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Script_Snippets#Pausing_Modules

Just ran into this pausing snipet. Can anyone out there help me on how to implement this code. Is it from the mission init and what conditions am I trying to use? I'm guessing you use a check to see if any players are on the server and "if" there are then unpause snippet "else" pause snippet. Not sure what the condition for "there are no more players on the server" would look like.

Thanks,

Romeo

hey!

for custom loadouts see the part at the bottom!

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Script_Snippets

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers {
class '''Man''' {
 MyCode_init="_this call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'my_code_file.sqf'";
};
};

This causes ctd, description.ext error. " ' " encontered expected " { " line 1.

Does anyone have a working example?

class '''Man''' {
 MyCode_init="_this call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'my_code_file.sqf'";
};
};

This causes ctd, description.ext error. " ' " encontered expected " { " line 1.

Does anyone have a working example?

use man without quotes, dunno why they are in there, maybe formatting. you can also look up the cba XEH page on dev with six for deeper explanation

http://dev.withsix.com/projects/cca/wiki/Extended_Eventhandlers#New-in-18-making-XEH-init-event-handlers-run-when-a-unit-respawns

actually there are more of those quotes, needs correction on our wiki

hopefully, not at PC to test atm

class Man {

init="_this call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'my_code_file.sqf'";

};

};

Edited by highhead

There is a loose alive CFG file in the latest release. Where do I place this file? I'm guessing it's used in the implementation of war room.

Thanks,

Romeo

you don't, you need to get your custom config file from the alive war room by registering your server.

Does anyone know where we can find a CTI mission? The missions on the website dont really say if there CTI or just normal missions.

Is the built-in mission (Foursome that is) Zeus enabled? I thought a post here said it was but I can't get Zeus to work with it.

Edited by Delta99

hey red! do regular indi supports work, just for a check?

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 21:47 ----------

atm one central gamemaster is supported! more to come, we need to investigate ZEUSsss indepth scripting controls some more, as there is only little documentation

thank you i'll wait future fix

Does the ALiVE Garbage Collector do anything with structures that get destroyed? After a period of time, does the garbage collector module restore damaged/destroyed structures??

Been a bit of a busy weekend, what with the Zeus Livestream and all. Apparently everyone enjoyed my fire missions though! Zeus GM's might consider using ALiVE to provide the generic background AI and save yourselves a lot of clicking! You can fine tune things with Zeus thereafter.

To answer some questions:

Zlin: GC does not do anything with map structures such as buildings and it definitely doesn't restore anything!

daterxies - The packaged missions cover the whole island, so in that sense you could call them "capture the island!" But none of them have the base building/buying items elements expected in your normal CTI scenario types. If you built a working one we'd happily host it though!

Delta99 - We're as new to Zeus as everyone else so learning as we go along too. If the Zeus module is placed and synced up it should work - in theory!

Two Dogs: Annoying wiki formatting on scripts is annoying. I'll fix that later unless someone else gets there first!

Edited by friznit2

Guys, am I right in thinking you've made some changes or progress on the weather front ?

I'm getting some odd (bad weather all the time!) effects on our public missions and I was curious if it's something that I need to re-configure in the editor.

Normally we get the random weather effect - 1 in 5 or so it's bad weather.. Seems to be - Bad weather each restart now... ?

SJ